• Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

received_10206481520049073.jpeg
20150920_175750.jpg
#1 8 years ago

So, I'm getting a comet in trade that is a fully working players game. Comet does nothing for me gameplay wise and there are a ton of them out there. I think it's probably the easiest of the system 9s to find. I have the lower half and most parts of the head for sorcerer. I am missing the boards and the back glass. Would it be worth building a sorcerer using the boards and maybe the head from comet? The only major cost in building the sorcerer would be sourcing a backglass.

The thing is, neither is a keeper for me. I already own a sorcerer, and I don't really want a comet. Both would end up being trade bait. Any advice?

#2 8 years ago

Yes I would do this. Sorcerer plays so much better

#3 8 years ago

Why not just put the pair up for sale as one lot as they sit and let the next guy worry about what to do with them? Spending a bunch of time moving parts into a machine you don't want anyway sounds like a waste of time to me.

Offer them up for sale - if you find a buyer - problem solved. And if not you can always take the plunge.

If you do decide to do the Sorcerer I would find a backglass before I did all the work but again that is just me thinking logically. Everyone has a different idea what makes sense but that would be my approach if I were in your shoes.

#5 8 years ago

I would pass it on. Alot of work for something you don't intend to keep. This might make somebody very happy with a winter project.

#6 8 years ago

I wouldn't destroy one working game to overhaul another.

You can try a WTB ad for the missing parts, or sell it as-is.

#7 8 years ago

Re-theme it into a Game Of Thrones. You can't do any worse than . . . too soon?

#8 8 years ago

One more Sorcerer in the world, thumbs up. One less Comet, I'm not heartbroken. Definitely an upgrade. I wouldn't do all that work, but you should.

#9 8 years ago

I've seen repro sorcerer glass.. i think Clay had a video showing his off, don't remember who did it.

#10 8 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

I've seen repro Sorcerer glass.. i think Clay had a video showing his off, don't remember who did it.

Bgresto has the backglass.

1 week later
#11 8 years ago

Well...as is his custom, the 'Stang threw me a bone. My kids are overjoyed with Comet and my beat to hell Space Shuttle shall provide Sorcerer with new life (hopefully).

If you've never dealt with Brian and you live in New England, you should. Stand up guy that seems to be able to find anything.

Now....does anyone have a nice sorcerer backglass available in New England?

cometcomet
sorcerer projectsorcerer project

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 22.50
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 749.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Watertown, MA
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-would-you-do-system-9-style and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.