(Topic ID: 150436)

What would you do? (Keep ST or go for GOT)

By 85vett

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

9c3a8dbfcf3a9f645e992175cc5be894cc2fe329_(resized).jpg
IMG_6761_(resized).jpg
IMG_6754_(resized).JPG
IMG_6750_(resized).JPG
IMG_6749_(resized).JPG
IMG_6748_(resized).JPG
IMG_6747_(resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider twenty84.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#30 8 years ago

I am in a very similar situation. We have a ST Prem and have had a GOT LE for about 6 weeks. Unlike you, selling the ST was never something we considered. As for the GoT, if it were up to me I would have gotten the premium to save money, but my wife was really into the show and loved the artwork and Targaryen theme on the LE and the money wasn't a big issue. An added advantage of getting the LE is that we got it much sooner than if we had ordered the prem (would likely still be waiting), although I doubt this will be an issue for those ordering now. So for me the GoT LE was worth the extra, but it would depend a lot on how much money you had, how much your wife preferred the LE, etc. There will also be aftermarket translight and side armor options for the prem which in my opinion will make that machine look better although some will prefer the stock look. Our GoT LE has been played a ton, I would guess approaching 1,000 plays at this point. We both love the game, and think it is the best in our collection although it is a difficult call at this point because it is so new. I still play ST. It is a different game and a game I still enjoy (sounds like more than you do from your comments). Since ours is a premium with Aurich's art package I feel it would be very difficult to replace. Replacing a stock ST pro would likely be easier in the future if you decided you needed to have one. So I guess if your situation is similar to mine I would keep ST and get the GoT LE.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider twenty84.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-would-you-do-keep-st-or-go-for-got?tu=twenty84 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.