(Topic ID: 190432)

What would you do if you got this PM

By d0n

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

No-Teeth (resized).jpg
    IMG_1236 (resized).PNG
    carnac_the_magnificent-resized-600 (resized).jpg
    IMG_6237 (resized).JPG
    no_eyed_deer_by_damnitsasha (resized).jpg
    Lloyd_Christmas.jpg
    F 550 (resized).jpg
    Thunderdome (resized).jpg
    dodge-stratus-i-drive-a-dodge-stratus (resized).jpg
    tommy copy (resized).jpg
    IMG_0134 (resized).PNG
    IMG_0133 (resized).JPG
    image.gif
    10k (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TigerLaw.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#60 6 years ago
    Quoted from d0n:

Ive read this 10 times and I still cant figure out what youre saying.
    Speak to me like a 5 year old.

The joke mrclean was making was referencing the pinball machine someone bought that had a giant dildo in it when they opened the coin door for the first time. He was inferring maybe the guy found something funny in the machine and wanted to give you grief.

#66 6 years ago

So, I get both sides of this.

When some people sell something that's the end of the line for them with that item. They've parted with it and that is that. Answering questions from future owners who are not even in your state can only lead to frustration if you get a weirdo buyer eating up your time. Very little that is financially positive can come from that conversation for the seller, just grief.

That said, pinball is a small hobby/community. A lot of people just like to know some history on their games. Most people in pinball are exceptionally friendly and helpful and you can make a friend on a phone call and then bump into them at a show somewhere down the line and enjoy a beer and a laugh together.

I agree with what SunKing said earlier in the thread, I likely would have just ignored the request and not responded at all if I had no mutual friends in common with the down stream buyer. I think the response that was sent was rather overly hostile, but heck, the OP didn't initiate the discussion and he owes no duty to the new purchaser.

As for the utility of this thread, well, it's a Thursday night and I'm just sitting around the house enjoying the popcorn.

#124 6 years ago
    Quoted from fxdwg:

this thread has literally made me piss my pants, im laughing so hard.

I'm hoping you only figuratively pissed your pants.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TigerLaw.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-would-you-do-if-you-got-this-pm?tu=TigerLaw and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.