(Topic ID: 190432)

What would you do if you got this PM

By d0n

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

No-Teeth (resized).jpg
    IMG_1236 (resized).PNG
    carnac_the_magnificent-resized-600 (resized).jpg
    IMG_6237 (resized).JPG
    no_eyed_deer_by_damnitsasha (resized).jpg
    Lloyd_Christmas.jpg
    F 550 (resized).jpg
    Thunderdome (resized).jpg
    dodge-stratus-i-drive-a-dodge-stratus (resized).jpg
    tommy copy (resized).jpg
    IMG_0134 (resized).PNG
    IMG_0133 (resized).JPG
    image.gif
    10k (resized).jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 156 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.
    #51 6 years ago
    Quoted from d0n:

i forgot to mention it's a v8 diesel. Yeah, that's a $5k option. Impressed yet? I didn't think so. LOL!

Some girls would'nt know a Kings Ranch Edition from a Kia.

#52 6 years ago

haha no truck nuts

#54 6 years ago
    Quoted from RCA1:

Note to self: Don't buy any games that d0n had.

Ture because they will be restored by a professional and not "players quality". If you do buy one that I once owned at some point in the past, make sure you complain to me about how terrible it is after you've looked it over, bought it and brought it home.

#55 6 years ago

"What would you do if you got this BM"

#56 6 years ago

Would have taken more time to make a call or create a thread? We all know the answer. LOL

#57 6 years ago
    Quoted from cavalier88z24:

It was not that nice do i have to show pictures of your half ass bondo repair?

I'd love to see pics of the bondo repair... that I didn;t do and my restorer didn't do. I did tell you there was a big ole crack in the wood on the right side of the front panel. I sold it with the obvious crack. Yes, for $7500. How much did you pay?

#58 6 years ago

"What would (I) do if (I) got this PM"

I would reply with either:
    A. Sure man, I'd be happy to chat with another Pinsider. I'll give you a call when I get a chance.
    B. Hey man, I'm going to have to pass on calling. Once I sell a game, it's gone to me. I enjoyed it while I had it, and hope you will as well.

In no situation do I see myself getting upset without further provocation.

#59 6 years ago
    Quoted from RyanStl:

Would have taken more time to make a call or create a thread? We all know the answer. LOL

Come on, we all know a thread is much more fun. What else would you be doing tonight instead of replying here? LOL

#60 6 years ago
    Quoted from d0n:

Ive read this 10 times and I still cant figure out what youre saying.
    Speak to me like a 5 year old.

The joke mrclean was making was referencing the pinball machine someone bought that had a giant dildo in it when they opened the coin door for the first time. He was inferring maybe the guy found something funny in the machine and wanted to give you grief.

#61 6 years ago
    Quoted from d0n:

Come on, we all know a thread is much more fun. What else would you be doing tonight instead of replying here? LOL

Truck shopping.

#62 6 years ago
    Quoted from d0n:

Can't argue that.

#63 6 years ago
    Quoted from d0n:

"Hello my name is XXXXX. I think i just bought you old Space Invaders pinball machine. I have alot of questions!"

#64 6 years ago

This one isn't going to end well for either side.

I don't see a problem contacting another Pinside member to ask questions about a machine they once owned. Nor do I find it an issue to call and talk to someone who owns one of my past machines. If I can help, I will. If it becomes a problem, a simple "hey, good luck with the game, sorry I cannot be any further help." Done!

OP, you sold the game 6 months ago, not 6 years ago. I really don't understand your brick wall on this, or towards anyone in the same scenario. If you sell games, a reputation of being helpful goes a long way. I have a customer in Australia that bought a machine five years ago. I still offer him help if he ever emails and needs it.

#65 6 years ago

Sounds like one hell of a pinball machine

#66 6 years ago

So, I get both sides of this.

When some people sell something that's the end of the line for them with that item. They've parted with it and that is that. Answering questions from future owners who are not even in your state can only lead to frustration if you get a weirdo buyer eating up your time. Very little that is financially positive can come from that conversation for the seller, just grief.

That said, pinball is a small hobby/community. A lot of people just like to know some history on their games. Most people in pinball are exceptionally friendly and helpful and you can make a friend on a phone call and then bump into them at a show somewhere down the line and enjoy a beer and a laugh together.

I agree with what SunKing said earlier in the thread, I likely would have just ignored the request and not responded at all if I had no mutual friends in common with the down stream buyer. I think the response that was sent was rather overly hostile, but heck, the OP didn't initiate the discussion and he owes no duty to the new purchaser.

As for the utility of this thread, well, it's a Thursday night and I'm just sitting around the house enjoying the popcorn.

#67 6 years ago

Actually, I sold an older pin to my neighbor about 10 years ago, and I'm going over to fix it for them tomorrow.
    Karma can be your friend, or karma can be a bitch...it's all up to you.

#68 6 years ago

Well now we gotta see screenshots of PMs! Throw down the gauntlet!

#69 6 years ago

IMG_0133 (resized).JPGIMG_0133 (resized).JPG

IMG_0134 (resized).PNGIMG_0134 (resized).PNG

#70 6 years ago
    Quoted from d0n:

haha no I drive an F350 crew cab dually 4wd king ranch. Impressed? I didn't think so.
    Go price one at your local dealership.

Did you recently post about getting a new Sternle but refused delivery because there was a hole in the box?

#71 6 years ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

"Hey man, what's up? That's great you have a Twilight Zone. What questions do you have?"
    - My reply

Savage bro. Do you even have a heart beating in your chest? /s

#72 6 years ago

Nice collection. My wife will be PM'ng you.

#73 6 years ago

I'm always interested in where my machines go after they are sold. I would also be interested to know if the work I did was holding up for future owners. Thats actually part of the fun of restoring games, knowing that I took a machine and improved it for future players and collectors.

If I owned a restoration business, I would appreciate the chance to clarify if it was my work or someone else's given that it could potentially damage my reputation. Not to mention, I could gain customers through common courtesy.

I would be even happier knowing that one of my games ended up in a really nice collection because someone appreciated my work, so I guess I would have called. But, thats just me.

#74 6 years ago

So I thought I would check in on this thread. Sorry I had to sign off. Sometimes its better to read what people post rather then type.I also got better things in life going on right now then to believe a thread was started about this. So I was denied a request to talk to u about a game you once owned. To just ask you generals questions,in March. Fine, not a big deal, I have moved on with my life. Why did you decided to start a thread Now???? Months later???? What is the point to this thread? No money even exchanged hands with you. All I asked for was some questions? Why have you been thinking about this for months, i will never know but grow up d0n.

#75 6 years ago
    Quoted from d0n:

Did you read my reply to him? Time is precious. I can't see spending my time answering questions about a game I sold 6+ months ago. My time here on pinside is spent because I choose to.

You probably could have answered his questions in less time than you've spent on this ridiculous thread.

#76 6 years ago

Gotta see the pms don or Jeremy! Let's let the pinside jury weigh in on the evidence lol

Seriously though -- super rude response to someone just inquiring. I'd be stoked to hear if someone thought they had my old game, happy to discuss, and help in any way. That's what thus hobby is all about - shared love of pinball.

#77 6 years ago

Jeez, dude.....seriously lighten up. What kind of pinhead doesn't want to interact with other pinheads? Except, of course, for this guy....

tommy copy (resized).jpgtommy copy (resized).jpg

#78 6 years ago

Although in retrospect I'm also confused as to why there was any need for an inquiry into what miss were installed and def. not necessary to state there's a fire hazard or comment on anything new owner considers tacky, etc. If you have any problems with what's installed or how it was done - fix it yourself and move on. No need to comment on it to previous owner or restorer imo.

#79 6 years ago
    Quoted from d0n:

Did you read my reply to him? Time is precious. I can't see spending my time answering questions about a game I sold 6+ months ago. My time here on pinside is spent because I choose to.
    Ya sure I and my restorer have so much to hide. We purposely half a$$ed all repairs on the game and then I sold it a few months later for $7500 (yes a TZ for $7500 - it was THAT nice)
    He bought it from the 2nd or 3rd guy after I sold it. I dont know what owner he was.

Time is precious but you managed to scrounge up 45 minutes to toss that ridiculous word salad email and then make a big deal about it here. Wow.

I would just ignore it most likely.

#80 6 years ago

I have actually sold games to cavalier88z24 and he is a good guy and a very pleasant buyer, the kind of guy you want to sell your games to. Before i even knew it was him in this thread, several things came to mind

The OP said that his TZ has changed hands 5 or so time in a six month time frame. That itself is a red flag, Although im not a fan of TZ, its a highly sought after game, and is one that generally stays in someones collection for a decent amount of time. So changing hands that often says something about the quality of the game.

Also, I have had people contact me about a game that was once owned by me, I have no problem answering everything i can. If your such an uptight ass and never want to talk to a future owner of the game, Take the game to your local auction house and walk away. This way no-one knows who you are. Talking about your game in a thread here means your probably proud (in this case of all the junk you threw in the playfield) and should be happy to talk about it, unless it didnt turn out good

just my thoughts

#81 6 years ago

OP sounds like he'd be a real treat at a cocktail party.

#82 6 years ago
    Quoted from RyanStl:

Nice collection. My wife will be PM'ng you.

Again???

#83 6 years ago
    Quoted from Tilt:

I have actually sold games to cavalier88z24 and he is a good guy and a very pleasant buyer, the kind of guy you want to sell your games to. Before i even knew it was him in this thread, several things came to mind
    The OP said that his TZ has changed hands 5 or so time in a six month time frame. That itself is a red flag, Although im not a fan of TZ, its a highly sought after game, and is one that generally stays in someones collection for a decent amount of time. So changing hands that often says something about the quality of the game.
    Also, I have had people contact me about a game that was once owned by me, I have no problem answering everything i can. If your such an uptight ass and never want to talk to a future owner of the game, Take the game to your local auction house and walk away. This way no-one knows who you are. Talking about your game in a thread here means your probably proud (in this case of all the junk you threw in the playfield) and should be happy to talk about it, unless it didnt turn out good
    just my thoughts

Troy do you remember the TZ in Rob Anthony's room that was broke the first day of MGC this year? That was the game. That's why I wanted some questions answered. so it wouldn't be broke on arrival. Guess What? It broke before MGC opened. Just wanted to put it in the show man.

#84 6 years ago
    Quoted from d0n:

We purposely half a$$ed all repairs on the game

I find its funny that the dick can't spell ass.

#85 6 years ago
    Quoted from d0n:

Time is precious. I can't see spending my time answering questions

So we sit back and utilize that same precious time to create a thread of rudeness and attacks, and then use more of that precious time replying an additional 13 times within the thread.

Oh I don't know but just a hunch that answering a few questions might have taken less time, been easier and extends hobby like courtesy that we all wish others will do for us at our point of need.

Quoted from RCA1:

Note to self: Don't buy any games that d0n had.

That's exactly what I will be taking away from this thread, oh and not to answer any questions as well.

#86 6 years ago
    Quoted from Tilt:

just my thoughts

OK, i do remember that, Because we had to move it out of the way to get another game in there.

#87 6 years ago
    Quoted from cavalier88z24:

Troy do you remember the TZ in Rob Anthony's room that was broke the first day of MGC this year? That was the game. That's why I wanted some questions answered. so it wouldn't be broke on arrival. Guess What? It broke before MGC opened. Just wanted to put it in the show man.

Ha!

#88 6 years ago

I actually had the same exact situation happen. The guy had questions about the pin because he was new to the hobby. Instead of posting a thread about it on pinside, I helped the guy out...

#89 6 years ago
    Quoted from Rondogg:

Did you recently post about getting a new Sternle but refused delivery because there was a hole in the box?

Nope. Wrong d0n.

#90 6 years ago

DOn seems like a dick..

#91 6 years ago

once upon a time, americans helped each other out.

member?

#92 6 years ago
    Quoted from d0n:

haha no I drive an F350 crew cab dually 4wd king ranch. Impressed? I didn't think so.
    Go price one at your local dealership.

dodge-stratus-i-drive-a-dodge-stratus (resized).jpgdodge-stratus-i-drive-a-dodge-stratus (resized).jpg

#93 6 years ago
    Quoted from d0n:

Ya sure I and my restorer have so much to hide. We purposely half a$$ed all repairs on the game and then I sold it a few months later for $7500 (yes a TZ for $7500 - it was THAT nice)
    He bought it from the 2nd or 3rd guy after I sold it. I dont know what owner he was.

I'm glad there are many pinsiders like myself that DON'T feel this way. I take time out of my day to answer questions from people that just randomly ask. Whether it was from a game I used to own or just a general question about a game I own now. But like yourself I don't like to use the phone since it does hold you down when talking. My reply would have been to state I am very busy and reserve my phone time for friends and family but to just send all questions by PM or email and I will get back to you when I have the time.

#94 6 years ago

Glad I'm not as busy as don! WHHHEEEWW!

#96 6 years ago
    Quoted from arcademojo:

I'm glad there are many pinsiders like myself that DON'T feel this way. I take time out of my day to answer questions from people that just randomly ask. Whether it was from a game I used to own or just a general question about a game I own now. But like yourself I don't like to use the phone since it does hold you down when talking. My reply would have been to state I am very busy and reserve my phone time for friends and family but to just send all questions by PM or email and I will get back to you when I have the time.

I completely agree. I wouldn't be in this hobby if it wasn't for the nice people on Pinside and my local community that have helped me along the way. When I started out a local guy drove about an hour to help me out and he asked for no compensation in return. I try my best to pay it forward and help newcomers out whenever I can. But hey I guess that just me.

#97 6 years ago

Just say no and move on. Worried about wasting your time, but posting long explanations on here, and bashing the other guy in the process is wasting your time, and the rest of us are wasting time too! Me too darn it!

#98 6 years ago

Where are the PMs! It's like the missing Hillary emails or whatever those were lol.

#99 6 years ago

What a dick just a total classless white trash....

#100 6 years ago

fisherdaman
    No it's not just you. Your a decent person. I'm always trying to help where I can too and I'm sure there are lots of others that do the same.
    I've even fixed a machine for someone who had bought the machine off the guy I sold it to about 5 years ago. I didn't want any money for doing it. Getting it running again was enough for me as I love pinball. This is my hobby so I was doing something I really enjoy.
    Win for him, win for me!

There are 156 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-would-you-do-if-you-got-this-pm/page/2?hl=mattmarr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.