(Topic ID: 275648)

What would you do?

By JohnnyPinball007

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

squeal.gif
    scre (resized).JPG
    55353931-88DA-472C-AD3B-DE4A01C43A20 (resized).jpeg
    flat (resized).jpg
    images (8) (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    61aUhd+tzGL._AC_SL1500_ (resized).jpg
    Smile (resized).jpg
    26C0C314-326A-4571-B494-59B1D4598019 (resized).jpeg
    There are 92 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 3 years ago

I talked to my next door neighbor, (1/8 mile away), and he said he had recently picked up shell casings and needles.

I am going to start cheap and easy. Lowes has signs that say "security cameras in use".

My neighbor wants to put up some fake cameras also.

I figure if the signs do not work I will invest in some really good real cameras.

#52 3 years ago
    Quoted from bluespin:

Change your wireless router name to Mableton_Police_SurveillanceVan2. Their phones will see your router name and maybe that’ll deter some.

I like this. Does anyone know if I could get in trouble if I did something like this:
    Police/Cobb-County

#53 3 years ago

Maybe invest or should I say invent a motion controlled leaf blower : )

#54 3 years ago
    Quoted from Rezdog:

Maybe invest or should I say invent a motion controlled leaf blower : )

I thought he was trying to stop things getting blowed by his house

#55 3 years ago

Sometimes you gotta fight fire with fire

#56 3 years ago

Shell casings, needles, condoms and beer cans?

Yeah I don’t think so on a street they aren’t supposed to be on. You don’t live in San Francisco.

Maybe they are “protestors”?

Are they armed? How would you know? You don’t. That’s why you are prepared

What if one of those drugged out crackheads decide your house looks like a good place to break into?

Huge motion sensor spotlights is the answer

That’s how I’m having to deal with my wild hog problem in my front yard

Hogs come up at night, light goes on, I go out the front and it’s night night time for the hogs

Or, I could do nothing and let them keep coming back to tear up my yard

#57 3 years ago

Nothing worse than fucking hogs

#58 3 years ago
    Quoted from yzfguy:

For fun, I have seen motion sensing sprinklers

This is really easy to do. I have a RainMachine system and love it. Interface to ITTT and anything else with a motion sensor (many out there) and ta da!

#59 3 years ago

I just put 6 signs out that say Warning security cameras are in use.

Seen another condom and several beer cans along the way.

#60 3 years ago
    Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

I like this. Does anyone know if I could get in trouble if I did something like this:
    Police/Cobb-County

I live next door to the neighborhood gossip, and I teased him about being a gossip, but he denied it. We had three houses sell within maybe six weeks, all a few doors down from us. I changed my wireless router title to FBI_SurveillanceVan2. Within three days everyone in the neighborhood was talking about it. Which of our neighbors is in trouble with the FBI? Guess who was running his mouth?

I never told anyone that I did it and you should have seen everyone talking about it.

#61 3 years ago

A couple of hand fulls of deck screws where they park and you don't...

flat (resized).jpgflat (resized).jpg
    #62 3 years ago
    Quoted from bluespin:

I live next door to the neighborhood gossip, and I teased him about being a gossip, but he denied it. We had three houses sell within maybe six weeks, all a few doors down from us. I changed my wireless router title to FBI_SurveillanceVan2. Within three days everyone in the neighborhood was talking about it. Which of our neighbors is in trouble with the FBI? Guess who was running his mouth?
    I never told anyone that I did it and you should have seen everyone talking about it.

I can’t believe people would think it’s real but the gossip folk usually don’t think very far.

#63 3 years ago
    Quoted from ShinyBall:

A couple of hand fulls of deck screws where they park and you don't...

I have thought about that a lot. I thought roofing nails would work best?

If using deck screws what size is best?

#64 3 years ago

Here’s an easy method that’s recycling and basically free.
    You can make two of these out of an old metal coat hangar. Bend them slightly in the direction towards the way the tire will be rolling over it. Two holes at once.
    Go green
    Renew, recycle, reuse.

55353931-88DA-472C-AD3B-DE4A01C43A20 (resized).jpeg55353931-88DA-472C-AD3B-DE4A01C43A20 (resized).jpeg
    #65 3 years ago

In my flats of the past, it's usually a inch of just about any type..
    Damn...that post above is guaranteed to work.
    bent seems to have a better chance
    I tend to see some of this type in tires

scre (resized).JPGscre (resized).JPG

#66 3 years ago

Problem with that is you will most def pick up a screw or two in your own tires.

Flood lights!

#67 3 years ago
    Quoted from Coindork:

You can make two of these out of an old metal coat hangar. Bend them slightly in the direction towards the way the tire will be rolling over it. Two holes at once.
    Go green
    Renew, recycle, reuse.

Thanks for that, I am sure it may help someone here.

Honestly I am a good person. I have had many thoughts about nails in the past, but I would not do it.

The reason why is because what if that nail or whatever caused them to crash, and they were injured or even killed.

I do not hate anyone, I do not want to harm anyone.

I just want to do all I can to persuade them that this area is not lovers lane. And not a place to park and drink and do drugs.

And hell yes as soon as I have some help on how to do it, I will be changing my router name. (my girlfriend is out of town).

I am so glad I got all of your opinions. Like I said before just trying some signs first, placed 6 while ago.

I will keep this open in case I need more advice(or just some laughs with some of the posts).

If anyone else has a what would you do question about something go ahead and post here if you want to.

THANKS! for helping me to think outside the box with these mess!

#68 3 years ago

Call your electric provider and check on the price of a street light.

#69 3 years ago
    Quoted from Sputnik:

Call your electric provider and check on the price of a street light.

There is already one on every power pole. Because this stretch of road is so isolated it does not deter anything.

#70 3 years ago

There is already one on every power pole. Because this stretch of road is so isolated it does not deter anything.

Hack them w a motion detector and strobe flasher.

#71 3 years ago

Another option might be to jump out of the bushes wearing a scary clown outfit and spray their cars with some sort of glowing slime.

It would make a good YouTube video, anyway.

#72 3 years ago
    Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Another option might be to jump out of the bushes wearing a scary clown outfit and spray their cars with some sort of glowing slime.

It would make a good YouTube video, anyway.

A little too dangerous for my tastes.

We are also finding shell casings and needles.

#73 3 years ago

If your gonna the whole clown thing you gotta hide in the sewer drain

#74 3 years ago
    Quoted from Coindork:

Go green
    Renew, recycle, reuse.[quoted image]

Those 2 holes can be repaired. A bent fork? No...

#75 3 years ago

Sorry Johnny , guess I need to find some other street .

#76 3 years ago
    Quoted from midniight:

Sorry Johnny , guess I need to find some other street .

Go to Wallace Park like I did when I was a teen. You can park in the lower lot and have plenty of time to put your clothes on before a cop gets there.

#77 3 years ago

I wonder if you live on the same road as my uncle? He lives in Cobb county on lake. The way you describe your road. It sounds the same to me.

#78 3 years ago
    Quoted from Gunnut40:

I wonder if you live on the same road as my uncle? He lives in Cobb county on lake. The way you describe your road. It sounds the same to me.

I doubt it. I live on one side of the lake and Ted lives on the other side. Neither of us have ever had kids.

#79 3 years ago

Yeah my uncle lives north of you in Marietta. My bad.

#80 3 years ago
    Quoted from Gunnut40:

Yeah my uncle lives north of you in Marietta. My bad.

That is a large area. Some parts are still good, and some parts are worse than my area now.

1am now and my street has been clear all night.

A whole lot of commotion on the street behind me, maybe at least I ran them off a little ways.

#81 3 years ago

I thought about putting this in the confessional, but it seemed a better fit here.

First time in a long time I was just on a late night secret mission.

While ago I called the empty nester next door(house on left is next door, house on right is 1/8 a mile away with a lake in between), anyway I was letting him know what was going on with all the signs I placed. (he stops by to get his mail 2 times a week very early in the morning).

We ended up talking for a hour. I wish he would just move back here and help me with all this mess here these days, he is super cool.

So anyway I mentioned his childhood basketball goal that still stands in the cul-de-sac, and how it drew a lot of people earlier today.

And he asked me to take it down. He said he is having problems at another empty house he owns and does not want anything drawing a crowd around this house.

He said take a sledge hammer to the post, to make it look like a car ran into it, so no punks try to pull some revenge.

And just lean it over for now, so everyone thinks a car hit it.

SO, I threw a heavy steel chain and a come-along in my wheelbarrow and was just going to lean it a little.

It was super easy, had it leaned perfectly, then when I was trying to get the come-along to release, the damn thing just fell on over and bent the shit out of my wheelbarrow.

I have a funny story to tell him tomorrow.

In the meantime he has paid me well to take care of his yard for years now, so the place looks like it is being lived in, and I have enjoyed no one living within a 1/8 mile away.

Hell, I can just walk out to my jacuzzi next to the lake naked if I want.

But other people parking down here and leaving condoms and beer cans and needles on the street, hell NO.

Don't even be trashing my Oasis.

And my neighbor on the right (1/8 mile away) is super awesome and the same, he loves this Oasis also.

There is a very old rock song that said "Doraville, a touch of country in the city).

This is not Doraville, but to me it is the same thing that band sang about maybe 35 or 40 years ago.

And I am so glad I posted this stuff here. I am still going to do the router stuff, that was the best advice of all.

#82 3 years ago
    Quoted from Rezdog:

Nothing worse than fucking hogs

If you say so!
    squeal.gifsqueal.gif

#83 3 years ago

i peed a little when i read the clown from behind the bushes comment... as for your situation, I must be old and grumpy too. drives me crazy that people park in front of my house because i live in the TWP and the city has a no overnight on street parking policy. (my property is the line between the township and the city.) nothing i can really do since legally they are allowed to park there. but its just rude...

anyway, as far as your situation, i would be out there every night filming the activity. they dont want the trouble, they will go away and find some other dark place to do their business...

#84 3 years ago

Film it, then follow them home
    Blackmailing can make you a lot of money!

#85 3 years ago

That's kind of crazy. How would you feel if they had a blowout and lost control of their car . Innocent people could be killed. Not worth it.

#86 3 years ago

It was super easy, had it leaned perfectly, then when I was trying to get the come-along to release, the damn thing just fell on over and bent the shit out of my wheelbarrow.

Did you borrow this wheelbarrow from beelzeboob

#87 3 years ago

Hell, I can just walk out to my jacuzzi next to the lake naked if I want.

I wouldn't do that.

With the problems in your cul de sac right now. That cops that have ignored it in the past, would probably catch you to put and end to the problems.

You don't want to be in the holding cell naked.

LTG : )

#88 3 years ago

A free sex show...I would happily trade with you

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-work-in-construction

#89 3 years ago

Big scary-looking junkyard dog who likes to bark at people chained up in your front yard.

#90 3 years ago
    Quoted from BobSacamano:

Big scary-looking junkyard dog who likes to bark at people chained up in your front yard.

Sadly the coyotes got the last one. Still not in a hurry for another dog.

Quoted from jhanley:

That's kind of crazy. How would you feel if they had a blowout and lost control of their car . Innocent people could be killed. Not worth it.

I made a later post saying I would not do that for this reason.

1 month later
    #91 3 years ago
    Quoted from CLEllison:

Sounds like you got grumpy old man syndrome going on. I should know, I find myself getting irritated when people park in front of my house only to walk up the street to someone elses house instead of parking in that persons drive way. Shit drives me nuts! Ask yourself, "Are they breaking the law?" The answer is likely found in local law ... how many days can a vehicle sit without moving. In my case no, they aren't breaking in laws. The street/road is considered public property.

I would go down and ask them if they need a 3rd person while their having sex.

#92 3 years ago

No problems in over 2 weeks now. I think they got tired of being surrounded by police and searched.

There are 92 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-would-you-do-9/page/2?hl=midniight and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.