(Topic ID: 14999)

What would YOU do???.. LOTR it is!

By dangermouse007

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“What would you have as your next pin with my current line up?”

• White Water 23 votes
      25%
    • LOTR 50 votes
      54%
    • Shadow 13 votes
      14%
    • Fish Tales 6 votes
      7%

(92 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

#1 12 years ago

Ok..my current line up goes like this, Terminator 2,Dracula,Indianajones(williams),Dr who.

I have funds to realistically buy one pin a year and and i have the opportunity to purchase ONE of these 3..what would you choose??

#2 12 years ago

Id go with LOTR. Newer game with less maintenance than the older ones.

#3 12 years ago

WH2O! B/W all the way

#4 12 years ago

White water, shadow, FT, then LOTR

#6 12 years ago

You got some dark themes there so I would think that you would love Shadow... It would fit in quite well. LOTR has to get in there eventually as well.

#7 12 years ago

LOTR because if different then anything you already own/

#8 12 years ago

Any collection that doesn't have LOTR needs LOTR.

#9 12 years ago

Zero votes for FT?

I voted for LOTRs too, but I think just those four games would be an amazing lineup. You really can't go wrong with any of them.

#10 12 years ago
    Quoted from lpeters82:

I voted for LOTRs too, but I think just those four games would be an amazing lineup. You really can't go wrong with any of them.

Oh i most definitely aim to have all in the collection ONE DAY! Just which to add first!

Quoted from jarjarisgod:

Haha,nice...i like that

Quoted from RGR:

LOTR has to get in there eventually as well.

Hmmmm,looks like a reoccurring theme is a happening here..might just be answering my question i think!

#11 12 years ago

The Shadow.....

#12 12 years ago
    Quoted from jarjarisgod:

Man, you are reading my mind!

#13 12 years ago

My collection is sorely missing a Lord of the Rings.

#14 12 years ago

WH20 , LOTR is a Boat Anchor !!!!!

#15 12 years ago

I voted for the game I have no interest in owning

#16 12 years ago
    Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

LOTR is an (amazing machine with depth for days plunging you down into it's gameplay like a mighty...) Boat Anchor !!!!!

I couldn't have said it better myself B_R!

#17 12 years ago

Whitewater, then... Maybe LOTR. Depends what theme you like. Both are very unique pins and challenging in their own right.

But seriously, can you trade your entire collection and get all four? That would be an awesome lineup!!!! Might be tempted to keep IJ though.

#18 12 years ago
    Quoted from Drano:

But seriously, can you trade your entire collection and get all four? That would be an awesome lineup!!!!

All games that go up on my want list have been well played out before hand and so none leave once here!

Quoted from Drano:

Might be tempted to keep IJ though

And as for Indy....the ONLY pin that would swap it out with is a collectors 'better than new' INDY! Greatest pin ever!!

#19 12 years ago

If you love IJ and BSD, then you will love FT.

#20 12 years ago

Whitewater by a long shot.

#21 12 years ago

What do you like in your games? If you're looking for variety, LOTR is the choice here, easy. If you're looking to continue the sorts of games that you already have -- short, not-super-deep machines then any of the other three will suit your tastes better.

I like mean, short, not-super-deep titles more than deep ones. I've played Shadow and Whitewater in limited bursts, and if I had to pick one on gut I'd go with Whitewater. I don't care for Fish Tales personally, and LOTR I think is a great game, but FAR too deep for my type of play. I like my games to be 3 minutes long and then over.

#23 12 years ago

WH20, but make sure the ramps are in pretty good nick and the playfield is good condition especially near the mine kickout

#24 12 years ago
    Quoted from goatdan:

What do you like in your games? If you're looking for variety, LOTR is the choice here, easy. If you're looking to continue the sorts of games that you already have -- short, not-super-deep machines then any of the other three will suit your tastes better.

ive never really thought about weather i prefer the long deep mode games or the fast shorter games....but when i look at the games i have and my want list im seeing alot more the shorter games.

That aside i just love a game for whatever reason it does to draw me in and MAKE me want to play it...it goes on the feeling a pin gives me, especially ones that really sing out to you and let you know when you have a achieved something big..a mode, jackpot ,extra ball whatever but it gotta make you feel goooood!

All the games listed do it for me but can only have one...at least one at a time that is anyway

#25 12 years ago

White water, this game makes me smile every time I play it

Fish Tales is also fun, but I only play a few games before moving to another machine

I have never played Shadow

It took me a few months of playing LOTR before I really got into it, yes it has a deep ruleset, but I find it a drudge to play

#26 12 years ago
    Quoted from jarjarisgod:

Good way of putting it! I regret selling mine.

LOTR all the way.

#27 12 years ago
    Quoted from Gexchange:

LOTR because if different then anything you already own/

+1 on that..

#28 12 years ago

LOTR because it's one of the best pins of all time

#29 12 years ago
    Quoted from dangermouse007:

ive never really thought about weather i prefer the long deep mode games or the fast shorter games....but when i look at the games i have and my want list im seeing alot more the shorter games.

Well, then probably not LOTR. LOTR is great, and I can never deny that -- I'll play it when I get the chance to, but for my own purposes, it's too deep. I like my games to have ball times under three minutes, and I think I'm a pretty decent player. LOTR even set up difficult has ball times longer than that, and if you want to get anywhere you need to plan on playing for at least 30 minutes. To me, it just stops being fun at that point -- I'd rather play the same game 10 times for 30 minutes than one game for 30 minutes.

If you're that way, then wait with LOTR until down the road, and get another butt kicker first.

That aside i just love a game for whatever reason it does to draw me in and MAKE me want to play it...it goes on the feeling a pin gives me, especially ones that really sing out to you and let you know when you have a achieved something big..a mode, jackpot ,extra ball whatever but it gotta make you feel goooood!

Heh, but having said this, I think that LOTR may be the absolute best game for making you feel like you have done cool stuff. Gimli's call outs are particularly amazing. The sound design on that particular title may just be the best there is.

#30 12 years ago
    Quoted from DarthXaos:

LOTR because it's one of the best pins of all time

This.

#31 12 years ago

LOTR is the best for sure

#32 12 years ago

Terminator 2,Dracula,Indianajones(williams),Dr who

First of all... I LOVE THAT LINEUP!

LOTR is a chore. Fish Tales is fun, but it has too much in common with IJ.

Whitewater is a really upbeat fun game and would complement your death and danger lineup extremely well. It would be my first choice.

If you are thinking that depth is really the goal, then the Shadow might make more sense.

#33 12 years ago
    Quoted from donjagra:

Fish Tales is fun, but it has too much in common with IJ.

Really? In what way?

#34 12 years ago
    Quoted from Drano:

Really? In what way?

Mark Richie leans very heavily on the left right ramp combos. Fish Tales was the game he designed right before IJ and they just have a similar feel with the overall layout. IJ is the superior game, I like to think of it as a Fish Tales with modes.

#35 12 years ago

Seems like in pinball there really are varied tastes. Some may like one pin while others may not!

#36 12 years ago
    Quoted from donjagra:

Mark Richie leans very heavily on the left right ramp combos. Fish Tales was the game he designed right before IJ and they just have a similar feel with the overall layout. IJ is the superior game, I like to think of it as a Fish Tales with modes.

I find that an interesting take on IJ. Certainly you can chain the ramps like FT but is that a good strategy? I can't say I've ever played a game of IJ and just focused on working the ramps (which I have done on FT)

#37 12 years ago

I have chosen and the good people of pinside have spoken......LOTR joins the team!!

Im really really stoked to have another wish pin crossed off the list,cant wait to get her home!

#39 12 years ago

LOTR is a great choice. I'm curious to see how long T2 survives in your lineup now...

Tracy

#40 12 years ago
    Quoted from jitneystand1:

LOTR is a great choice. I'm curious to see how long T2 survives in your lineup now...

Tracy

Thankyou,now the hardest part is counting the days or hours till she arrives home!

T.2 is my childhood pin and one of my favorite movies ever(especially when first released)...Arnie's safe

So whats the rules on updating my 'current collection' status??? do i gotta wait to pin arrives home or if it's a done deal can i add now?

Man im crazy excited to put some quality gametime on LOTR!

#41 12 years ago

jitneystand1 said:LOTR is a great choice. I'm curious to see how long T2 survives in your lineup now...
    Tracy
    Thankyou,now the hardest part is counting the days or hours till she arrives home!
    T.2 is my childhood pin and one of my favorite movies ever(especially when first released)...Arnie's safe
    So whats the rules on updating my 'current collection' status??? do i gotta wait to pin arrives home or if it's a done deal can i add now?
    Man im crazy excited to put some quality gametime on LOTR!

Don't jinx it. Wait til you get it and play it before you update your status

Congrats on the sale! LoTR is one of, if not the best pins ever. I've had mine for 5+ years and still love it

#42 12 years ago
    Quoted from Eskaybee:

Sage advice. I "bought" a WH2O about a month ago, but have not been able to pick it up yet. Hence it is not in my collection. Don't tempt fate. T_G recently got bit by adding to his Pinside collection too soon.

#43 12 years ago
    Quoted from Eskaybee:

Congrats on the sale! LoTR is one of, if not the best pins ever. I've had mine for 5+ years and still love it

Thanks man..im like a kid again a week out from Xmas day!! what a feeling!

Quoted from jarjarisgod:

Eskaybee said:

Sage advice. I "bought" a WH2O about a month ago, but have not been able to pick it up yet. Hence it is not in my collection. Don't temp fate. T_G recently got bit by adding to his Pinside collection too soon.

Arggghhhhhhh,dont freak me out! Already trolling part sites etc looking to spruce him up and see what mods available

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-would-you-do-2?responsive=0 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.