Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by TheLaw
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Godzilla Premium or Aliens Standard?”

• Godzilla 48 votes
      64%
    • Aliens 15 votes
      20%
    • Both 6 votes
      8%
    • Neither 6 votes
      8%

(75 votes)

#1 2 years ago

Looking to buy a game and torn between these two. Loved playing both of them at Houston Pinball Expo. Both are pretty equal in MSRP.

#2 2 years ago

Alien PB version ofc.

#3 2 years ago

fairly sure the Alien is a nightmare to keep running

#4 2 years ago

I wouldn't want to own an Alien for reliability reasons. Get a Godzilla which is a better game anyways. Alien is cool but I wish a more established company was building them.

#5 2 years ago

Well, the trick is knowing what the MSRP of Godzilla will be when you actually get it. It might be 1000 more by the time it arrives.

*Godzilla does seem like a pretty sweet game though (hot take, I know).

#6 2 years ago

If only those choices, Godzilla. Great monster theme and Keith Elwin did a great job with it.

LTG : )

#7 2 years ago

Alien if you're alright at maintaining games.

#8 2 years ago

I haven’t had to do anything to my Alien for months now. Great game. After you shoot so many Sterns they begin to feel the same. I personally like something different and choose Alien all day. Plus, I can play Godzilla at pretty much any location I go to.

#9 2 years ago

I think Godzilla Premium is really cool so I voted for it. But I have a lot of admiration in my heart for Pinball Brothers for making this great re-release happen.

Some might say that the left outlane and the modes where you have to not shoot certain shots on Alien are annoying. Make sure those things don't bother you too much before making your decision.
    For those who don't know, the left outlane is big and if you have the upper left flipper up it's even bigger.

#10 2 years ago

Godzilla. Easy choice

#11 2 years ago

I’d go with Alien, but Alien LV. The improvements on the LV appear to be legit. Perhaps pick up a Godzilla in the meantime until the Alien LV starts shipping. Godzilla is OK, but not a theme for me or the wife, and honestly I think IMDN shoots better if we are comparing Elwin pins.

#12 2 years ago

thanks to AH, alien left a bad taste in my mouth when i lost my 1500.00 deposit.

#13 2 years ago

Haven’t played an Alien but it looks really cool. Godzilla premium is an absolute blast. My wife doesn’t like the theme though. I’m buying neither but would pick Alien.

#14 2 years ago
    Quoted from palmab03:

fairly sure the Alien is a nightmare to keep running

2 tournaments 1260 plays now, been working perfectly. A lot of new passion went into this remake, like the mech hyper sleep, lit block ball guides and posts, extra magnet, scoop hole protector, polished everything, higher quality sound and amazing playfield quality. All things they didn't have to do, which is just amazing, above and beyond. Alien hands down.

Quoted from fxdwg:

thanks to AH, alien left a bad taste in my mouth when i lost my 1500.00 deposit.

That's a downer man, one thing nice about going through cointaker... You won't lose any money.

#15 2 years ago
    Quoted from GreenMachine19:

Haven’t played an Alien but it looks really cool.

That aboot sums it up.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-would-you-choose-alien-standard-or-godzilla-premium?hl=greenandwhite and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.