(Topic ID: 235509)

What would you add to this small line up?

By GCS2000

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by jonesjb
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 5 years ago

So need some suggestions of what to add to our limited line up (and available space).

We have room for 5 games total.

Currently have or on the way (MBRLE, POTC LE, and a VPIN)

Would like some suggestions of what we should consider adding to the room.

Bear in mind we are not great players nor are our guests. Favorite game MB and STTNG (although it whips our a$$ and is a pain to work on)

Games we like (from past ownership at home) - NGG, STTNG, RS, The Shadow (for me wife never touched it), TOTAN, TOM, JP

Games we have considered recently - some we have played some not (some we cannot find locally) - Stern Star Trek, GOG, Deadpool, Houdini (really like what I see but worry it would way too hard and not get played), Spiderman (always loved this game), Iron Man, X-Men, Avengers, AFM (would only want LE model and doubt I want to dump that much $$ on pin #3)

Guess what I am getting at is what should we look at to give variety. We have the VPIN which is nice for a lot of games but some games (like NGG) absolutely suck on VPIN).

Mainly looking for things that would be fun. We are not big on super mega deep rulesets since my wife and are not good enough to hit wizard modes much and we are getting POTC which should handle that deep side pretty well since there is so much do there.

TIA for any suggestions you care to give

#2 5 years ago

If you aren't in a hurry. Consider Octoberfest when it's out and you can try it and see if you like it.

LTG : )

#3 5 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

If you aren't in a hurry. Consider Octoberfest when it's out and you can try it and see if you like it.

Interesting, haven't even looked or thought about that game. Anything this game can be "compared to" at all?

#4 5 years ago
    Quoted from GCS2000:

Anything this game can be "compared to" at all?

Joe Balcer's designs are different from game to game, so no idea if it's similar to any game out there.

I played it at Expo, with 30% of programming done, and I thought it is a heck of a lot of fun. https://www.american-pinball.com/games/oktoberfest/

#5 5 years ago

If one of your favorite games is STTNG, then go for a Stern Star Trek Pro. Similar shots, similar theme, and what should be easy reliability. Blasting multiple Warp Ramps is soooooo satisfying....

Later,
    EV

#6 5 years ago

FWIW, Houdini is not all that hard and is really fun. The shots look daunting but are not more tight than certain recent Sterns (*cough* IMDN). I pay it several times a week, and more than most of my other games. It’s a steal and is really fun

#7 5 years ago

Stern Star Trek is a nice pin, one of my wife’s favorites. Shadow is cool too. I’ve got a nice one I may sell

#8 5 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

FWIW, Houdini is not all that hard and is really fun. The shots look daunting but are not more tight than certain recent Sterns (*cough* IMDN). I pay it several times a week, and more than most of my other games. It’s a steal and is really fun

I assume you own a Houdini or is this on location? Here in Richmond hard to find something like that anywhere - newer Sterns sure but nothing like Houdini or anything JJP.

Always liked Shadow but I'm the only one, LOL. Tough game but I like just about everything on it. If we had more space I would definitely have one.

#9 5 years ago
    Quoted from GCS2000:

I assume you own a Houdini or is this on location? Here in Richmond hard to find something like that anywhere - newer Sterns sure but nothing like Houdini or anything JJP.
    Always liked Shadow but I'm the only one, LOL. Tough game but I like just about everything on it. If we had more space I would definitely have one.

Both, but yes i own one. I will say the location experience up here has left something to be desired. The game has to be set up at 6.2 pitch, not 6.5 and most of the location games are using old, godawful code. It had a shaky rollout but now is a really amazing game. I would say it’s a mid-level depth game, but is very WIDE in terms of code. Lots and lots of things to do - but only a few of them are any sort of real “journey” a la LOTR/Hobbit.

It is much deeper than Shadow (which is also awesome)

#10 5 years ago

Have you considered a Dialed In? It's a super fun game with a great layout and a ruleset that suits both casual and more advanced players.

#11 5 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

Have you considered a Dialed In? It's a super fun game with a great layout and a ruleset that suits both casual and more advanced players.

I need to play one the theme does 0 for me and for us theme is very important hence one of the reasons we like POTC and MB very good themes for us. I do hear good things about DI though.

#12 5 years ago

My favorite, WOZ but TOM is a good option.

#13 5 years ago

I should mention the top item on the wife's list is ... TOYS! She has to have lots of toys on the PF. Of MB hits all those notes and she is major classic monsters fan.

At the moment Houdini, Dialed In (even though I think the theme is terrible), WOZ or maybe getting a NGG might be in the lead for us.

She has made it clear she would like her very first pin back though so I guess I am on the hunt for a very nice Silverball Mania.

#14 5 years ago

How about a CV since you liked TOM?

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-would-you-add-to-this-small-line-up and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.