(Topic ID: 115060)

What would happen if you sold and then...

By Spencer

9 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by UFO
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

As you were moving it out of your house or loading it into the buyers car, you dropped it? or caused some major damage to it?

Was really thinking about this yesterday when I sold my last game. I asked him to bring help, he paid me and then he carried it out, how he felt was best. When I bought my TZ we had a million stairs, a ton of snow and a cliff inches to our right. It all worked out but what if it went over??

How do you guys prefer to do your transactions when picking up?

#2 9 years ago

that is why you collect the cash before the pinball machine gets loaded

#3 9 years ago

Not rocket science. If you were to blame for dropping or damaging it. Make good on it.

Even if you were already paid.

LTG : )™

#4 9 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Not rocket science. If you were to blame for dropping or damaging it. Make good on it.
Even if you were already paid.
LTG : )™

I agree but sometimes it doesn't seem so cut and dry.

#5 9 years ago

It goes both ways. If you're buying, and you make a big gash in the wall coming up the basement steps, what then? I know it's not always feasible, but pins for sale should be in an easily accessible place for the convenience of both the buyer and seller.

From the seller's standpoint, take the cash and don't touch the pin again. Make sure buyers bring enough help. If the pin is in the living room and the buyer busts through your all-glass storm door on the way out, it's his fault, but avoid the situation by having it in the garage.

From the buyer's standpoint, I don't want to be responsible for home repairs trying to get a pin outside, and if a pin is accessible, I can get it into my truck on my own with ramps and a hand truck. That way it can't even be my friend's fault it breaks on the way up.

When all is said and done, I think it's the seller's responsibility to have a pin ready to get out of the house in the easiest way possible. Not exactly easy in a third-floor walk-up, but once it's out your front door it's over.

#6 9 years ago

Always tell the buyer once it moves it is theirs. I will help troubleshoot but any issues are not my problem because right now it works. If I dropped it and it was my fault, I would compensate them or buy it back. Have yet to have it be a problem though.

#7 9 years ago

I don't want a buyer damaging me, my house, themselves, etc.

Don't just be worried about damaging a pin, take a guess at the medical bills if someone gets crushed under a pin that is being moved on a flight of stairs.

I feel responsible to get the pin onto the front sidewalk/curb or driveway of my house. I am able to do this on my own with a good cart and/or a lift table. I ask buyers how they want the pin packed for shipping and to open doors for me, I keep them away from stairs and tight spaces. This is not a good time to have someone who is an inexperienced mover ram or try to brute strength things, that is where I see injuries and damage. Pins are not hard to move if you plan and have a minimum set of tools.

Once the pin is to the tailgate of the buyer's car/truck, but before loading starts I very explicitly tell them they are in charge and only give suggestions if asked. If the pin shifts in travel or the backglass falls out and breaks on route I want it to be the buyers packing choice, not mine.

#8 9 years ago

I sold a jackbot years ago to liteguy, in a fozen parking lot. Longest
10 feet ever. But it was his, before we moved it.
Only game I miss.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 63.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Uniontown, OH
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,059.00
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 12.95
$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 12.95
Gameroom - Decorations
pinballmod

$ 12.50
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfield, CT
$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Machine - For Sale
Hermosa Beach, CA
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinball Haus

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 6.00
Lighting - Led
Arcade Upkeep

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-would-happen-if-you-sold-and-then and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.