11 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by RawleyD
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 11 years ago

have a williams pin dmd is nice and bright no burn but it does have some ghosting , upon start up it does not seem present but give it a minute or two and you will see a shadow behind the letter or numbers , its not Horrible just kind of annoying , any fixes any one can pass on to me

#2 11 years ago

Check the voltage at the connector on the DMD. Sometimes, having a voltage off can cause ghosting.

From Clay's repair guides..

Pin 1: -125 volts (-110 to -130 volts)
    Pin 2: -113 volts (-98 to -118 volts)
    Pin 3: Key
    Pin 4: Ground
    Pin 5: Ground
    Pin 6: +5 volts (4.9 to 5.2 volts)
    Pin 7: +12 volts (10 to 14 volts)
    Pin 8: +62 volts (58 to 68 volts)

#3 11 years ago

If you have another WPC game that shares the same DMD Controller Board, swap that in as a quick test.

If that's your problem, The Coin-Op Cauldron will repair your board for a $50 flat-rate plus shipping (assuming no previous repairs, missing components or physical damage).

#4 11 years ago

Replace the DMD control board with a better Rottendog board. no more overheating

1 week later
    #5 11 years ago

Bumping the post - I have a HS2 that is ghosting pretty bad. DMD control board? Is that the best route?

#6 11 years ago
    Quoted from CASTHOF:

Bumping the post - I have a HS2 that is ghosting pretty bad. DMD control board? Is that the best route?

Take a look at the back of your DMD control board, and see what it looks like (I'm assuming crispy).
    I would recommend the Rottendog replacement.

50$ to repair old board, or about 80$ for a brand new redesign that supposedly solves the overheating issues.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-would-cause-dmd-ghosting and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.