(Topic ID: 70577)

What would be the last game to leave your collection?

By lpeters82

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 184 posts
  • 153 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by RobKnapp
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

100_0284.JPG
The Cave 011.JPG
flaming-shots.gif
tron__1982__rare_still_by_kriegdersterne77-d511swb.jpg
100_0033.JPG
TZ.jpg
There are 184 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.
#101 10 years ago

Road Kings.. Thats one no one else will say for sure. I bought it 20 years ago and will never sell it...because thats what I played in the day. When it came out there was a line to play it but I lived in a small coastal northern bc community that did not get too many games. We did have 2 arcades though. I LOVE all my games but Road Kings holds a place in my heart..the sounds and feel bring me back to being a teenager and a time when pinball was only played in the wild!
Long live the silver ball!

#102 10 years ago

I have some experience with this topic... Last year, at this time, I had 8 machines. Most of which I owned for more than a decade. Now, I am down to three. CFTBL would be the last to go, as it was the first, and started this obsession with Bally/Williams games I have. Then SS and WH20... I need to get back to adding, instead of subtracting from my collection.

#103 10 years ago

corvette

#104 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

The last game to leave my collection was my extra Solar City.

Solar City was recently listed for sale in my area. Targets, targets and more targets!

#105 10 years ago

Interesting, since it is not on your list of current games owned.

If I were keep one game based just on which I like the most it would be SS.
However, with other factors added in it would be hard to let go of either MB or BBB.

#106 10 years ago

I picked it up in a group buy. It was never meant to stay in my collection. I had it all of 2 weeks.

#107 10 years ago

CV....to date only NIB purchase

#108 10 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Solar City was recently listed for sale in my area. Targets, targets and more targets!

It is a very fun and very well built EM machine. If the playfield is nice, and you can get it for a good price, it is a nice addition to any collection.

#109 10 years ago

Ooooh. Only 1?

I'd probably have to say Lord of the Rings. That game just blows me away.

I bought it for resale or trade bait, but damn if I didn't love it once I dialed it in. And having never seen the movies, or read the books, that is saying something I think.

Chris

#110 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

It is a very fun and very well built EM machine. If the playfield is nice, and you can get it for a good price, it is a nice addition to any collection.

I'm not educated enough on EMs to even know if it's a good price. I would think that it is in the fair range, I'm guessing I could find examples that have sold for both less and more.

I almost wish I had more of an emotional connection to an EM, but I didn't grow up playing them. I'm really just looking for something to contrast with the other games in my collection. One of the games with the El Dorado layout seems like it would fill that spot nicely. With 15 drop targets that's already a lot of shots that you need to dial in. In general, what would the cost of an El Dorado be compared to a Solar City? I'd prefer and El Dorado, but really don't know the price difference.

This has come up a lot recently, with centerflanks firesales, but the timing just isn't the best. I recently switched jobs, by my own choosing, but I'm working longer hours trying to get established into my new position. We're also in the final stages of finishing our basement. We did most of the work ourselves, but paid someone to do the drywall and carpeting. Despite switching jobs, with the basement remodel, it feels like I'm working more but having less spending money. Can't wait until we finally have this project finished.

#111 10 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

With 15 drop targets that's already a lot of shots that you need to dial in. In general, what would the cost of an El Dorado be compared to a Solar City? I'd prefer and El Dorado, but really don't know the price difference.

El Dorados are more desirable and nice ones can fetch in the 2k range, but I prefer Solar City because all the drops reset after each ball, and it is more challenging to try to knock them all down in one ball. And it is a two player game. A nice Solar City can be had for under 1k. Gottlieb EMs of the 70s are very well built and have a feel and sound that is superior to the others. But I also have Bally and Williams titles that are fun too.

#113 10 years ago

Next to impossible for me to pick one, so I'll pick one from each type, and that's tough!!

Woodrail - Nags

EM - Majorettes

SS - Centaur

DMD - TAF

LCD - WOZ

#114 10 years ago

The Shadow, followed by Bram Stoker's Dracula.

#115 10 years ago

Even though El Dorado was my first, I don't think I need it back.
TZ for me WOZECLE for the rest of the family.

#116 10 years ago

Laugh all you want, but it's HSII the Getaway for me.

Mike

#117 10 years ago
Quoted from papazit1963:

Laugh all you want, but it's HSII the Getaway for me.
Mike

I don't think many people would laugh at that.

#118 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

El Dorados are more desirable and nice ones can fetch in the 2k range, but I prefer Solar City because all the drops reset after each ball, and it is more challenging to try to knock them all down in one ball. And it is a two player game. A nice Solar City can be had for under 1k. Gottlieb EMs of the 70s are very well built and have a feel and sound that is superior to the others. But I also have Bally and Williams titles that are fun too.

Is it also true though that in Solar City the targets don't reset until the next ball? Meaning if you are successful in completing the challenging task of knocking down all 15 targets you're rewarded with having nothing to shoot for until the next ball. Personally, I think I'd prefer the behavior of the single player rules, but not for double the price.

#119 10 years ago

TAF, but I wouldn't be thrilled to lose my Diner either.

#120 10 years ago

Whirlwind never gets old

#121 10 years ago

tronle baby..... (just had to add a sweet picture )

tron__1982__rare_still_by_kriegdersterne77-d511swb.jpgtron__1982__rare_still_by_kriegdersterne77-d511swb.jpg

#122 10 years ago
Quoted from limbo76:

Whirlwind never gets old

I'm a pretty big fan of your whole lineup. Give me a Twilight Zone, Fish Tales, plus Whirlwind or Addams Family and I'd be pretty happy for a long time.

#123 10 years ago

TZ.jpgTZ.jpg

#124 10 years ago

Unsure about this. Too many pins on my wish list, so little space. I accepted the notion they would all have to go, soon or later. Still have my first pin (Bally Spectrum) which has sentimental value. I assume this one might be the last to go, especially given it is relatively rare.

#125 10 years ago
Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#126 10 years ago

operation thunder. challenging, fun, and frustrating every game.

#127 10 years ago

TAF no question for me. The kids love it and guests want to play it

#128 10 years ago

I always thought TAF & TZ would be last to leave until AC/DC & Metallica came about. Wow,what a difference a couple years make! Fun to see if those change,but I cant see that happening.

#129 10 years ago
Quoted from Gundam_Pilot_:

I picked it up in a group buy. It was never meant to stay in my collection. I had it all of 2 weeks.

You never meant to keep it and dumped it in just two weeks, yet you named it in this thread as the last game you would ever let leave your collection. That doesn't make sense. Perhaps you misunderstood the question and took it as "which is the most recent machine to leave your collection"?

#130 10 years ago

Harder a question to answer than I originally thought, but MM.

#131 10 years ago

Starship Troopers. It was my first pin and I'm sure that I am the only person that bought it just for the theme. Sue me. That movie is amazing. Turns out the gameplay is crack cocaine and that I might like pinball more than a little bit.

#132 10 years ago

I probably be buried in my Flash Gordon.

3 months later
#134 10 years ago

creature

#139 10 years ago

TAF for me. Wouldn't want to give up BTTF either... or WH2O.... or T2.... or WWFRR.... or TSPP.

#140 10 years ago

Today ! Ask me again next week .

100_0033.JPG100_0033.JPG

#141 10 years ago

If it absolutely had to be one and only one, I'd have to choose the pin that my wife also likes, which is TOTAN. Actually, I am hoping that The Hobbit takes that top spot, but we'll see.

#143 10 years ago

Diggin my ACDC but I'm in the honeymoon phase. TSPP will likely be the winner.

#144 10 years ago

Evel Knievel first sold it got it back always be hear now

#145 10 years ago

yo mamma

#147 10 years ago

I need to play some of the pins I recently added, but if I had to decide today, I would say TZ.

#148 10 years ago

Congo for me. Bought it around Feb of 2012, 2 years later and still my favorite. My Creech is also never leaving. So I guess that makes 2 keepers for me.

#149 10 years ago

If I had to give up my collection, I think this would be the order:

1. TAF
2. LOTR
3. IJ WMS
4. MM
5. ST PRO
6. AC/DC Premium Helen

I think AC/DC is the only keeper though!

#150 10 years ago

Difficult decision, but finally chose: TRON LE.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Uniontown, OH
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 85.00
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RGP Models

Wanted
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RudeDogg Customs

Trade
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 119.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,159.00
$ 109.00
$ 70.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

There are 184 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-would-be-the-last-game-to-leave-your-collection/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.