(Topic ID: 165467)

What would be the best type of paint to use when re-decaling a game?

By balboarules

7 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider balboarules.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

I am going to attempt my first re decal on a game, what type of paint is best to use after you sand and prime the cabinet, also is it ok to use black paint since the inside of the cabinet will be black?

Thanks!

Steve

#3 7 years ago

It is a LW3, I have the color code to get the paint made, was not sure if I could use latex paint, I am going to do the wet method of applying the decals, no way I am ready for dry!

#6 7 years ago

Rapid-tac I have already, and just ordered an extra big bottle just in case

Ok, so I have one saying Latex is fine, another saying it is not... confused...

#7 7 years ago
    Quoted from nman:

Not sure how others feel about it, but i used latex and it was fine. I just made sure let it set up for at least 48 hours before starting the decals.
    I'm sure you've read through the various guides out there, but some of the best advice, imo, was "start with the cab front" because it's easier to make sure everything lines up properly. Also, if you don't feel like fiddling with soap and water, this stuff is completely worth it:
    amazon.com link »

I ordered that exact bottle earlier today for a back up in case my small bottle runs out, used it before and it was great, I did head decals with it.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider balboarules.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-would-be-the-best-type-of-paint-to-use-when-re-decaling-a-game?tu=balboarules and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.