(Topic ID: 222820)

What would be a good trade for sopranos

By Scott8806

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20180620_193046 (resized).jpg
    20180801_221214 (resized).jpg
    20180801_221208 (resized).jpg
    20180801_221244 (resized).jpg
    20180731_211641 (resized).jpg
    20180801_221229 (resized).jpg
    20180801_221238 (resized).jpg
    20180801_221235 (resized).jpg
    20180801_221244 (resized).jpg
    20180801_221231 (resized).jpg
    20180801_221246 (resized).jpg
    There are 55 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 5 years ago

I have really modded out Sopranos what would be a real good trade for it

20180801_221231 (resized).jpg20180801_221231 (resized).jpg20180801_221246 (resized).jpg20180801_221246 (resized).jpg
    #2 5 years ago
    20180801_221235 (resized).jpg20180801_221235 (resized).jpg20180801_221244 (resized).jpg20180801_221244 (resized).jpg
    #3 5 years ago

An offer you can’t refuse

#4 5 years ago
    20180801_221229 (resized).jpg20180801_221229 (resized).jpg20180801_221238 (resized).jpg20180801_221238 (resized).jpg
    #5 5 years ago

Place a For Sale/Trade ad and find out.

#6 5 years ago

With the clown puke leds, tacky mods, and the fact its a LOTR but not nearly as good? A half eaten moldy piece of bread and $500 for their trouble of hauling it away.

#7 5 years ago
    Quoted from dung:

With the clown puke leds, tacky mods, and the fact its a LOTR but not nearly as good? A half eaten moldy piece of bread and $500 for their trouble of hauling it away.

haha, i was gonna be a lil less harsh but yeah ^^

#8 5 years ago

Clown puke leds oh yes I guess pin stadium lights are just that u must be a joy to live with my man

#9 5 years ago

And which ones are exactly tacky love to hear

#10 5 years ago

OP, bottom line is excessive mods and lighting limits the appeal. You and your buddies may love it but you have to find a buyer that appreciates your vision. People will like it or hate it, unfortunately that's the way it goes. It's just a game, do yourself a favor and don't take any of these comments personally.

#11 5 years ago

Harsh criticism of lighting aside, I don't think mods add any value, though practical ones like cliffies and protectors are nice.

It's a fun game, so it has that going for it.

Median value looks to be about $4k usd, which is a weird price point, so offer for trade +/- cash for other titles you enjoy.

#12 5 years ago
    Quoted from Scott8806:

Clown puke leds oh yes I guess pin stadium lights are just that u must be a joy to live with my man

It is your choice of colors. Green and purple make it look like a prop for joel schumacher's next batman flick.

#13 5 years ago

The lights are totally adjustable whatever they like they are pin stadium as far as mods were mese to take off

#14 5 years ago

How much do you want for it?

#15 5 years ago

On the topic of mods you'll get plenty of responses like this:

Quoted from EvanDickson:

I don't think mods add any value

Which is fine, he shouldn't pay for things that he doesn't value. But it means that you need to either a) accept that there's a smaller pool of buyers that will dig the mods you added and be willing to pay a premium for them, and be prepared to wait a bit for one of them to come along b) sell to a buyer like this guy and accept that he's not going to add extra value for the mods, or c) strip the mods and sell them separately so you've got a more stock machine to sell.

On the topic of lighting, if you've got colored LEDs in the GI there are plenty of people (me included) that won't like it. Sort of the same as the mod issue but a much cheaper fix since we're probably talking $20 worth of bulbs and an hour or two to swap them out.

#16 5 years ago

I agree it would have to be someone in that likes mods and yes I would sure wait for that person

#17 5 years ago

And really the question is not about mods it's about what would be a good trade

#18 5 years ago

The pin stadium isn’t making all your plastics green red and purple, this is a double dose of color bombing!

It’s a piece of cake for somebody to swap out the GI bulbs to white and the pin stadium can be set to a neutral color as well. If the machine is nice none of this stuff matters.

#19 5 years ago

I had then on stick mode where they are turning constantly

#20 5 years ago
    Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

The pin stadium isn’t making all your plastics green red and purple, this is a double dose of color bombing!
    It’s a piece of cake for somebody to swap out the GI bulbs to white and the pin stadium can be set to a neutral color as well. If the machine is nice none of this stuff matters.

Disagree, people who install mods always feel they add value to their machine. If I am buying something and it has a mod I want I might value it some over not having it. If It is something I don't want it ads no value. If It is a pain to remove then it is a negative. Ignoring a number of the things on this that I think are tacky/over the top having to go and pull all the gi and replace the leds is negative. 25 for bulbs and at least an hour maybe two of my time? Not how I want to spend my day with a new machine that the owner is going to ask going rate or over (due to a bunch of mods I already don't want). I'd rather buy one without any of it for the same price instead.

#21 5 years ago

Iron Man Pro is the best pin <$4500 IMO. Add some cash on top and aim for that. Or straight up trade for a nice Ripley's. Or add some cash for TWD Pro or Met Pro.

#22 5 years ago
    20180731_211641 (resized).jpg20180731_211641 (resized).jpg20180801_221244 (resized).jpg20180801_221244 (resized).jpg
    #23 5 years ago
    20180801_221208 (resized).jpg20180801_221208 (resized).jpg
    #24 5 years ago
    Quoted from Scott8806:

A good trade is for a machine you want. Yours is worth around 4k so trade For a machine you want and add or subtract money depending on the other machines value.

Nobody can say what a good trade is that is personal pretence. All we can state is value. Yours around 4k.

#25 5 years ago
    20180801_221214 (resized).jpg20180801_221214 (resized).jpg
    #26 5 years ago
    Quoted from Scott8806:

Not sure how to answer that since we don't know what games you're interested in. You could literally trade this for anything (+/- cash) and it would be a "good trade" if you were happy with the new game.

#27 5 years ago
    20180620_193046 (resized).jpg20180620_193046 (resized).jpg
    #28 5 years ago

I have pin stadium on all of them

#29 5 years ago

I would be looking for a straight up trade

#30 5 years ago
    Quoted from Scott8806:

I have pin stadium on all of them

I'm not sure pinstadium is what people were commenting on/complaining about -- if you've got colored bulbs in the GI lots of people aren't going to like it.

#31 5 years ago

Wow more mods on your 3 pins then my whole collection lol. You really just throw the whole kitchen sink at them don't you.
    I wouldn't heavily mod a pin unless it's lifetime keeper.

#32 5 years ago

None of them are permanent

#33 5 years ago

Put up a for trade ad and see what you get.

#34 5 years ago

Got ya

#35 5 years ago

You should never expect to get anywhere near what you paid for most mods. In your machines I’d say the pinstadium is a plus and replacing all the colored GI bulbs is a minus. They probably cancel each other out. Hopefully your backbox kits can be set to white.

#36 5 years ago
    Quoted from dung:

don't worry this guy called me and told me exactly what my pin was worth last week! Listen to him, he knows all!

#37 5 years ago
    Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

don't worry this guy called me and told me exactly what my pin was worth last week! Listen to him, he knows all!

Never made an offer on your machine. Asked you repeatedly to stop messaging me which you did not do. If you would like to post that conversation in its entirety please do along with pictures of your machine. Getting upset because someone asked what you wanted for a machine and then showed no interest in buying it at any price is not the best thing to advertise on here.

Oh, and for the record I never said what your machine was worth. I said if there are other Family Guy's on here HUO and mint for 5k and yours has irreparable damage to the side art from chemicals it is not worth the 5k you were asking. I never said what it was worth, just that it isn't worth the same as others offered on here.

#38 5 years ago

I trade my machines for cash.

Cash is a good trade; it is accepted most places, it's rather liquid.

#39 5 years ago

Look wasnt looking for a huge fight was just looking for some suggestions I paid 5400 for mine all these mods van be taken off to begin with was just looking for some honest trades I play them I fix them and mod them I get tired of them and trade out this is a quality machine in a stern era where they still made quality I could get cash but have traded a few times before and liked the experience thanks to all who commented I would hope that fellow pinheads can get along better than this thanks for looking at my pins love or hate them I take very good care of them

#40 5 years ago

Get a Ripley's, that game is a blast! Maybe a WPT and a early SS.

#41 5 years ago

If one of the mods were say MikeD's LCD for AC/DC/CFTBL, CCC or Pinsound board is something to consider price wise. Pinstadium is expensive and not all but a lot of pinheads aren't fans. Keep an open mind to removing and adjusting your price for that. Other things figures or nick nacks don't excite people.

#42 5 years ago

Yea it's a solid machine that's why I paid what I did for it mods can be removed I have pinsound on my last action hero made a big difference on that one and the powder coated ball rails

#43 5 years ago

I can see you take pride in your pins and you want to make them your own, but it is easier to sell stock pins 100% of the time. If you are going to keep something forever then have at it, but if it's temporary best to go easy. It will save your wallet in the long run.

#44 5 years ago

sticking to the question of the thread.. I would say a routed TSPP, Family guy, or maybe some two for one action of older games.

#45 5 years ago

Yes I get that I always say I'm going to keep them but once I play them I have to move on .To bad I cant get in to the whole virtual pinball for now I will just be trading

#46 5 years ago
    Quoted from dung:

Never made an offer on your machine. Asked you repeatedly to stop messaging me which you did not do. If you would like to post that conversation in its entirety please do along with pictures of your machine. Getting upset because someone asked what you wanted for a machine and then showed no interest in buying it at any price is not the best thing to advertise on here.
    Oh, and for the record I never said what your machine was worth. I said if there are other Family Guy's on here HUO and mint for 5k and yours has irreparable damage to the side art from chemicals it is not worth the 5k you were asking. I never said what it was worth, just that it isn't worth the same as others offered on here.

still owe you that beer! maybe next week, resend that address please, looking forward to it!

#47 5 years ago

I could definitely use one after all of this hot topic here

#48 5 years ago

Having owned a Sopranos in the past, they can be a bit of a bear to move. You won’t see anywhere near $5,000+ worth in a trade coming your way.

Some realistic games that would be worth entertaining would be Road Show, BSD, Shadow, Junk Yard, Flintstones. For newer stuff you could look for a Transformers, Mustang Pro, WWE, maybe Avatar, CSI, 24.

There are options, but you need to be relistic with the price range. Somewhere in and around $3,500 makes sense imo.

#49 5 years ago

Mint HUO Sopranos go for $4,500 in my area.

#50 5 years ago
    Quoted from BeaglePuss:

Having owned a Sopranos in the past, they can be a bit of a bear to move. You won’t see anywhere near $5,000+ worth in a trade coming your way.
    Some realistic games that would be worth entertaining would be Road Show, BSD, Shadow, Junk Yard, Flintstones. For newer stuff you could look for a Transformers, Mustang Pro, WWE, maybe Avatar, CSI, 24.
    There are options, but you need to be relistic with the price range. Somewhere in and around $3,500 makes sense imo.

It has its fans, but the problem is lotr. LOTR is 4.5-5k and the same layout so once you get into that area people tend to go for it. Sopranos is a cheaper alternative for many. As a game I liked it when I had mine even though I had never seen the show.

There are 55 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-would-be-a-good-trade-for-sopranos?hl=boat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.