(Topic ID: 27419)

What wold you rather see Pulp Fiction or The Big Lebowski pin?

By rai

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 65 posts
  • 45 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by sd_tom
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What would your rather see or what would make a better pin?”

• Pulp Fiction 54 votes
    36%
  • The Big Lebowski 97 votes
    64%

(151 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

24621197.jpg
BBPLebowski3.jpg
bigl.jpg
The-Big-Lebowski_Jeff-Bridges_Busby_wi.jpg
lb3.jpg
lb2.jpg
lb1.jpg
There are 65 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 11 years ago

+100 on TBL. As an example of the appeal it has today..
- Target is currently selling "the dude abides" tshirts.
- I got one and have worn it once just running errands around town
- every cashier (3 of them) wanted to talk about the movie.
- I doubt any of them would buy a pinball machine, they might stop to check out one on route.
- I'm 35 now.. TBL was all over the place in college, cult classic already there. We're also that demographic that still knows what pinball machines are, and have income.

I've been contemplating (not seriously mind you) joining the local "maker place" just because it has all the tools required (cnc machines, vinyl printers, 3d printers) to make a TBL machine. If only I didn't have a job

#52 11 years ago

I would love to hear the Sam Jackson quote, "BITCH, BE COOL!" as a tilt warning.

#53 11 years ago
Quoted from GoneFishinLvMsg:

Neither. If we're gonna do pins about old movies I could think of about 100 better ones (National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation)

My wife, who has no interest in pinball...AT ALL, would LOVE this machine in the house. Somebody build this, PLEASE!!! LOL

#54 11 years ago

A Lebowski themed pin from a known manufacturer (ie Stern or Jersey Jack) is the only machine I'd pre-order without a single shred of information available. Hell, I'd even pay up front via kickstarter and wait however long was necessary!

Quoted from tracelifter:

That was Gary's point, the movie was too old he said he may have considered it back in the day but at that time I don't think it would have sold like it would today

Haha yeah, sure, and AC/DC is so very relevant today! It's funny - every time a 'dream theme' topic comes up, Lebowski is mentioned, time and time again. Could you say the same for AC/DC prior to release? Not as far as I can remember - and they sold pretty well, didn't they? Ditto WOZ - and that theme is just a little older than Lebowski too.

Never gonna happen I'm sure, but hey, we can dream!

#55 11 years ago

I love Pulp Fiction, but for my money, I'm rollin with "The Dude".Not to mention, White Russians are a perfect pinball beverage.

#56 11 years ago

TBL No-Brainer!!!!

#57 11 years ago

If we need a newer theme, then I suggest Arrested Development. It would look great next to my Aztec Tomb.

#58 11 years ago

I love Pulp Fiction, but for my money, I'm rollin with "The Dude". Not to mention, White Russians are a perfect pinball beverage.

If Jack made the game we could post "I like your style Jackie".

24621197.jpg24621197.jpg

#59 11 years ago
Quoted from Miguel351:

The dude abides.....
...and dude, I don't think "chinaman" is the proper nomenclature.
You could even have a Nihilist multiball mode where NOTHING happens and the flippers don't work.
No, Donny, it's ok, they're Nihilists. They don't believe in anything.

That is one of the coolest ideas ever.

1 year later
#60 10 years ago

A lot of "no-brainers" and "Yes, buy instantly" on this thread. Makes me wonder which of you guys are in on a TBL so far??

#61 10 years ago

I am not sure. I like the movie pulp fiction alot, and dont feel any love for he big l.

But as a pinball theme.... Besides the stunning music pulp fiction has, all other feature options can maybe found in the big l.

But both themes have alot of possibilties.... Cant pick one.

#62 10 years ago

Pulp Fiction,hands down
The Translight with Uma Thurman would kick Royal(Burger)Arse alone!
The music is superior to TBL, The cast is steller,and multi plots could equate to different modes very nicely.
Each mode could be represented(ala Dark Knight) by a different character
1. Jackson
2. Travolta
3. Willis
4. Rhames
5.Thurman.......
So many possibilities that someone needs to contact Tarantino asap as he would probably be down with it!

2 years later
#63 7 years ago

Id have much rather seen pulp fictionget made as its a one of a kind masterpiece. But did you guys know this happened?! http://www.thebiglebowskipinball.com

#64 7 years ago
Quoted from KingHebes:

But did you guys know this happened?!

News to me!

Did you also hear about the Pulp Fiction pinball machine?

#65 7 years ago

You may not have realized, but you brought up a thread that was 3 years old. It's fairly well known that the game exists, and they have recently started shipping.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.50
14,275 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dallas, TX
$ 210.00
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Miami, FL
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 65 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-wold-you-rather-see-pulp-fiction-or-the-big-lebowski-pin/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.