(Topic ID: 150617)

What Williams EM playfields would you like reproduced next?

By o-din

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 84 posts
  • 28 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by o-din
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Who's in on what Williams EM playfied if it can be a quality reproduction? You can pick more than one”

• Gusher 7 votes
    13%
  • Nags 1 vote
    2%
  • Grand Prix 10 votes
    19%
  • Aztec 11 votes
    20%
  • Heat Wave 8 votes
    15%
  • Teachers Pet 7 votes
    13%
  • Rocket 2 votes
    4%
  • 8-ball 5 votes
    9%
  • Speed Way 3 votes
    6%

(Multiple choice - 54 votes by 37 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-3 (resized).jpg
IMG_2096_(resized).JPG
DSCN4180_(resized).JPG
deluxe_(resized).jpg

There are 84 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 8 years ago

Trying to make a list of what games need new playfields the most so we can get those guys right on it. I for one could use a new one for Speed Way.

#2 8 years ago

8-ball

#3 8 years ago

!952 or 1966?

#4 8 years ago

Would love a repro Aztec!

#5 8 years ago
Quoted from dave58:

God damn maybe my favorite spinner ripping on that game

#6 8 years ago

Flash!

... but don't own it anymore.

Oops! EMs only, darnit.

#7 8 years ago
Quoted from OTTOgd:

Oops! EMs only, darnit.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#8 8 years ago

52 Deluxe World Series!!

Yeah i may be the only one with one but still!

--Jeff

#9 8 years ago
Quoted from dave58:

With over 10,000 of these out there and most needing new playfields it shouldn't be too hard to get this one near the top of the queue.

#10 8 years ago

Grand Prix

#11 8 years ago

Another high production game. Definitely high on the list.

How about some of the lower production EM "A" titles like Rocket, Nags, Trade Winds, and Teacher's Pet to name a few. I'm sure if we could get enough to commit a small run would be in order.

#12 8 years ago
Quoted from way2wyrd:

52 Deluxe World Series!!
Yeah i may be the only one with one but still!
--Jeff

I can see where you're coming from. Maybe if we can get 20 to commit a run in 2018 might be possible.

deluxe_(resized).jpgdeluxe_(resized).jpg

#13 8 years ago

Although I know a reproduction early Williams playfield is probably purely fantasy I can think of a couple worthy titles. Games collectible enough that you could justify the $600 upgrade. Gusher and Heat Wave seem like good candidates.

#14 8 years ago

"Gusher" for sure. I'd like to see "Jig-Saw" redone too. I don't know if anyone has ever repopped a woodrail playfield of any game unless you want to count the lane surface of "Bowlette". I believe someone did repro that.

#15 8 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

I don't know if anyone has ever repopped a woodrail playfield of any game unless you want to count the lane surface of "Bowlette". I believe someone did repro that.

Mermaid was done by Clay.

#16 8 years ago

Jubilee.

Oh, Wait!, I have a NOS in the closet.

Never mind.

Other than most of the pitch and bats (which often sell way North of $1000), I am racking my brain trying to come up with a Williams EM title that will justify a repro playfield that would justify the $600-$700 plus labor. The few people that would pay a premium can usually find a decent example floating around out there.

But I do wish you Good Luck with your crusade! I will be closely watching what Titles get mentioned.

#17 8 years ago
Quoted from CactusJack:

Jubilee.
Oh, Wait!, I have a NOS in the closet.
Never mind.
Other than most of the pitch and bats (which often sell way North of $1000), I am racking my brain trying to come up with a Williams EM title that will justify a repro playfield that would justify the $600-$700 plus labor. The few people that would pay a premium can usually find a decent example floating around out there.
But I do wish you Good Luck with your crusade! I will be closely watching what Titles get mentioned.

Some of the early/mid 60s Williams games are really great players and would be well worth the effort. If you are looking at the game as a keeper for your collection and not worried about getting the money out of it, it would be easily worth it.

Grand Prix and Aztec are great players but there were a ton of them made and a lot of them still out there. I got a GP with a very very nice p/f so I wouldn't have need for one.

#18 8 years ago
Quoted from CactusJack:

I am racking my brain trying to come up with a Williams EM title that will justify a repro playfield that would justify the $600-$700 plus labor

It wouldn't be the first time a playfield was reproduced and sold for more than the game was worth the way it sat.

And I value my 4 Roses and Big Daddy with nice original playfields well over $1000.

#20 8 years ago

OK.

Heck, that Steeple-Chase with the NOS playfield cost me way more than those other two, but since I'm probably the only one that has one we shouldn't lobby too hard for that one.

#21 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

It wouldn't be the first time a playfield was reproduced and sold for more than the game was worth the way it sat.
And I value my 4 Roses and Big Daddy with nice original playfields well over $1000.

I totally agree with both of you. But for Wade, you are going to need at least 19 more people that have the same passion for the same title. And sadly, for CPR to run with it, you will probably need to find 100 people interested.

I really feel you will have interest with the older Pitch and Bats since some restorers get over $5K for their work. A $700 playfield for a game like linked to above, would be a no-brainer.

#22 8 years ago
Quoted from CactusJack:

But for Wade, you are going to need at least 19 more people that have the same passion for the same title.

Would Wade do these? I was thinking about the guy that has done all the other EM Williams titles. What was his name again?

#23 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Would Wade do these? I was thinking about the guy that has done all the other EM Williams titles. What was his name again?

Wade.

https://pinballplayfields.wordpress.com/

#24 8 years ago

Trying to remember which Williams EMs have already been done.

#25 8 years ago

Oh, never mind. I didn't notice the caveat of "Williams" in your question.

But other than Wizard (which was Wade too.), I am not aware of any other EM playfields having been made other than Gottlieb titles.

#27 8 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

Mermaid was done by Clay.

Ah, yes. Of course.

#28 8 years ago

Is Bally also a possibility? Would love to find a Bally Sea Ray

#29 8 years ago
Quoted from inhomearcades:

Is Bally also a possibility? Would love to find a Bally Sea Ray

They were a seperate company with no affiliation to Williams. But another thread could be started..

#30 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Trying to make a list of what games need new playfields the most so we can get those guys right on it. I for one could use a new one for Speed Way.

Who are "those guys"?

#31 8 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Who are "those guys"?

The same guys. Still trying to remember their name.

#32 8 years ago

My votes for my games needing a PF sprucing up would be Gusher and Teacher's Pet.

#33 8 years ago

I will add a poll. Whichever gets the most votes we can start petitioning Wade to see if any of this can happen.

#34 8 years ago

Licensing may be more of a challenge for the Williams stuff. Robert Fesjian is pretty easy to work with. That's a big part of why there is so much Gottlieb stuff available.

#35 8 years ago

Heat wave

#36 8 years ago

Poll has been added. You can vote for as many as you would like to get done.

#37 8 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

Licensing may be more of a challenge for the Williams stuff.

That never stopped pre-ordering in pinball before. Let's cross that bridge when we come to it. Maybe the guy will decide a little money is better than no money at all.

#38 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

They were a seperate company with no affiliation to Williams. But another thread could be started..

Same telephone exchanges. COlumbia. Same /postal/zip code 18/60618
But otherwise yeah, fierce competitors in the pinball world back then.

#39 8 years ago

Are inserts avalble to do these playfield?

At the top of Heat Wave there are rollovers in an insert
No point voting if the insert is not made

#40 8 years ago
Quoted from PopBumperPete:

Are inserts avalble to do these playfield?

That is one of the biggest hurdles for the people doing the playfields (here in the US and Canada) besides getting the proper wood. Not all of the molds exist any longer and it is very costly to have new ones made (as in: "cost prohibitive" for a single title). Additionally, Foremost plastics (that made many of the inserts) has minimum run requirements and can have very long lead times. So, when a playfield uses a single, or only 2 inserts of a particular size, it makes it hard to justify the run or to have to sit on hundreds of unneeded inserts. While color change does cost something, its not so bad when a playfield uses multiples of standard sizes. But it still adds to the bottom line of profit verses loss.

#41 8 years ago
Quoted from PopBumperPete:

It looks like most that had a rollover button had it in an insert. Haven't any playfields been repro'd that had one? Surely Williams isn't the only one that had these.

#42 8 years ago

Had a thought
Can these lost inserts be 3D printed?

#43 8 years ago

I would think that repro space mission/odyssey playfields would be in demand too.

#44 8 years ago

Hmm no deluxe world series in the poll .......

#45 8 years ago
Quoted from way2wyrd:

Hmm no deluxe world series in the poll ......

I ran out of room... 2018 is not far away.

#46 8 years ago

Where's the poll for the 1962 Williams King Pin?

Oh well, I voted for Heat Wave as the runner up.

Ken

#47 8 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

Where's the poll for the 1962 Williams King Pin?
Oh well, I voted for Heat Wave as the runner up.
Ken

Those aren't from the 70s.

That's OK. As soon as we start narrowing it down we can do another poll.

#48 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

That never stopped pre-ordering in pinball before. Let's cross that bridge when we come to it. Maybe the guy will decide a little money is better than no money at all.

So this is a troll thread as I had originally suspected. Sigh. Have been close to pushing the ignore button on the OP for a long while.

#49 8 years ago

It's not a troll thread! There is a real need for reproduction Williams parts and they are not going to get done if everybody just sits on their ass!

#50 8 years ago

Every EM playfield and backglass that gets reproduced seems to sell out. Yet we can't even get plastics, let alone backglasses or playfields for most of the more popular Williams EM games. And there are a lot of good ones. Maybe some would rather that part of the history of pinball just die and get buried forever.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
1,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlington, VT
$ 24.98
Hardware
Gameroom Mods
Hardware
1,650 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lincoln Park, NJ
850 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Baldwinsville, NY
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
1,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Edmonds, WA
There are 84 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-williams-em-playfields-would-you-like-reproduced-next/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.