(Topic ID: 154445)

What will the GB topper be? and how much?

By happilymarried05

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

sigourney6_(resized).jpg
Capture_(resized).JPG
Zuul-kitchen_(resized).png
FIFGHB010--Ghostbusters-Slimer-Lamp_(resized).jpg
iko0690-ghostbusters-slimer-statue_3_(resized).png
image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
gb2_deleted11-03_(resized).jpg
10owqv_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
There are 57 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 8 years ago

Pretty much as it is listed. Anyone got inside info on what the topper will be and what the price will be?

Ideas from mod guys and gals for specialized toppers or modifications? I know everyone is itching to get their hands on this and i am certain there are some great ideas out there. This will be a game i probably buy every single mod for including topper

#2 8 years ago

Personally i am hoping for The ecto 1 or a lightbar would be pretty cool even though that has been done before

#3 8 years ago

Gotta be a lightbar.

If it's not, I'll wait for the 3rd party mod that is a lightbar.

#4 8 years ago

given the kiss and GoT toppers, $400-500 (or more)

I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't something like a slimer ghost (caught between two "streams") that lights up

#5 8 years ago

It's going to be epic.

#6 8 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

Gotta be a lightbar.
If it's not, I'll wait for the 3rd party mod that is a lightbar.

to be totally honest...... this would be my top pick as well, i think it would be absolutely amazing. Hopefully either stern or someone will make one but if they do should it be led or old school?

#7 8 years ago
Quoted from happilymarried05:

to be totally honest...... this would be my top pick as well, i think it would be absolutely amazing. Hopefully either stern or someone will make one but if they do should it be led or old school?

Well, it can be old school rotating with an LED light.

#8 8 years ago

Well, it can be old school rotating with an LED light.

Hmmm, do you think that would look good though? I think in my head i am comparing it to the "police" type lights i am accustomed too. I remember when we first switched over to all led it was amazing

#9 8 years ago
Quoted from happilymarried05:

Hmmm, do you think that would look good though? I think in my head i am comparing it to the "police" type lights i am accustomed too. I remember when we first switched over to all led it was amazing

I doubt it's going to be an incandescent. I'm just talking about the source of the light, not the mechanics. It should still be rotating beacons, like in the movie,

#10 8 years ago

I doubt it's going to be an incandescent. I'm just talking about the source of the light, not the mechanics. It should still be rotating beacons, like in the movie,

gotcha and agreed

#12 8 years ago

I will come up with something cool. Keep the ideas coming, give me your suggestions , and I can make it happen.

#13 8 years ago

A big-ass Twinkie!

#14 8 years ago

on second thought, a gateway to zuul diorama with the "dogs" (the ones that rick moranis's and sigourney weaver's characters were transformed into) with a glowing portal and dog eyes might be pretty cool looking.

#15 8 years ago

I'd love to see an Ecto-1 as the topper.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#16 8 years ago
Quoted from modfather:

I will come up with something cool. Keep the ideas coming, give me your suggestions , and I can make it happen.

this guy @modfather rocks..... < saweeeet

#17 8 years ago
Quoted from BoozeMarlin:

I'd love to see an Ecto-1 as the topper.

I would love to see some form of this that incorporates the light bar. I don't think there can really be a cool topper without a light bar on it. Its so symbolic of the game imho

#18 8 years ago

I'm going to learn how to sow and then sow a giant sailor hat. Wait, sew not sow.

#19 8 years ago

I'll probably make my own one-off piece. I'd love to do crossed flickering streams, how about a trap that opens up with light pouring out and a reflected hologram of slimer????

Evil thoughts are brewing.

#20 8 years ago

Stern made multiple references on Facebook to how awesome the GB topper is going to be, so I expect something quite good - not just an Ecto-1.

#21 8 years ago

The topper price is too damn high!!!

#22 8 years ago

10owqv_(resized).jpg10owqv_(resized).jpg

#23 8 years ago
Quoted from Griffin:

I'll probably make my own one-off piece. I'd love to do crossed flickering streams, how about a trap that opens up with light pouring out and a reflected hologram of slimer????
Evil thoughts are brewing.

hmmm, that sounds sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet

#24 8 years ago

It would be funny if it was the Ghostbusters 2 version of Ecto topper with DMD added

gb2_deleted11-03_(resized).jpggb2_deleted11-03_(resized).jpg

#25 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

It would be funny if it was the Ghostbusters 2 version of Ecto topper with DMD added
gb2_deleted11-03_(resized).jpg

ewwwwwwwwwwwwww, that would be a great way to help me save money lol. I think that would be the one way to get me NOT to buy something for my LE

#26 8 years ago

Terror Dog!!

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#27 8 years ago

I really hope it's something designed around the Ecto1 siren lights. Having those go off like F14 would be one hell of a light show upgrade.

#28 8 years ago

Personally, I would like to see two industrial light fixtures with red bulbs like the ecto containment unit.

#29 8 years ago
Quoted from foureyedcharlie:

Personally, I would like to see two industrial light fixtures with red bulbs like the ecto containment unit.
» YouTube video

image_(resized).jpg

another cool idea

#30 8 years ago

Seems like healthy demand for this title. Perhaps stern may be pleased to make an accessory topper for discerning home rec room enthusiast buyers at $699.00.

#31 8 years ago
Quoted from fish1975tx:

Seems like healthy demand for this title. Perhaps stern may be pleased to make an accessory topper for discerning home rec room enthusiast buyers at $699.00.

Good grief, I hope not at that price. I'm in for $300

#32 8 years ago

Has to be a light bar resembling the Ecto-1 light bar!

#33 8 years ago

$599.
Animated Slimer that "shakes and screams" with LED and strobe light effects.
(See attached photo)

Over 7 inches tall!

Post replaced with a oversized spring and coil assembly which which is wired to pop bumpers for activation and power conversion through a specialized step up voltage PCB.

Sound is activated by shooting the right rear ramp and has a miniature 1" speaker imbedded in Slimer's mouth.
Volume is adjustable via potentiometer on the backside of Slimer.

Flasher and strobe effects are integrated with game feature lighting at SPIKE board similar to underside LED cabinet lighting.

PERFECT TOPPER for your GB LE!!!

Especially if you cannot get enough of Slimer and neon green in your game room.

Only available from one major supplier.

Impress your friends!
Make your enemies jealous!
Annoy your wife!
Scare your kids!
The possibilities are endless!

"One time offer, selling out fast".
We all know you want one!

(I know Stern is watching and listening, it is time for another topper price hike again as it has been a couple of months since GoT. It is market testing time again).

Review:
KISS and TWD $399
GoT $499
GB $599

It will not stop, until people start putting away their wallets, and start getting smart.
GB LE sold out in 4 hours, so I don't think we have reached that point yet.

*Will post in market*

P.S. In case you want a LIFE SIZED version on top of your machine:
http://www.tomspinadesigns.com/ghostbusters-slimer-lifesize-statue-movie-prop.html

Recommended to have Slimer facing forward as he has a large butt crack in the rear of the model which could be disturbing to some viewers.

Estimated cost?
"Priceless"

iko0690-ghostbusters-slimer-statue_3_(resized).pngiko0690-ghostbusters-slimer-statue_3_(resized).png

#34 8 years ago

A bag of Stay Puft marshmallows...$500.

#35 8 years ago

"Alternative Slimer option"

http://www.ikoncollectables.com.au/products/category/search/FIFGHB010

Might be worth $699 when released in June 2016, just needs more LEDs to justify the cost.

FIFGHB010--Ghostbusters-Slimer-Lamp_(resized).jpgFIFGHB010--Ghostbusters-Slimer-Lamp_(resized).jpg

#36 8 years ago

We are currently working on a topper for GB. We are also submitting a topper idea to Stern as an alternate to the one I'm sure they are going to make.. I do not know what it is so...

#37 8 years ago

This would make a sweet topper

#38 8 years ago

Just stick an Ecto Cooler drink box up there.

#39 8 years ago
Quoted from Laseriffic:

We are currently working on a topper for GB. We are also submitting a topper idea to Stern as an alternate to the one I'm sure they are going to make.. I do not know what it is so...

keep us posted. gotta have one for my LE

#40 8 years ago

Maybe they should do a mini fridge that opens on Zuul-Multiball.
Also a good and rewarding way to store a case of beer. ^^

Zuul-kitchen_(resized).pngZuul-kitchen_(resized).png

#41 8 years ago

Well, the topper is a lightbar! Saw it on the Stern stream before Twitch started.

#42 8 years ago

Well, the topper is a lightbar! Saw it on the Stern stream before Twitch started.

Bit of a letdown if thats actually it.

#43 8 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Bit of a letdown if thats actually it.

Really? Looks pretty detailed and cool to me. I just wonder how much Stern is going to charge for it...

#44 8 years ago

Pic. Yup, it lights up! I see some slits in the left circle gray piece. Could be a siren?

Capture_(resized).JPGCapture_(resized).JPG

#45 8 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Really? Looks pretty detailed and cool to me. I just wonder how much Stern is going to charge for it...

Looks a bit cheap and plasticky - guarantee it won't be cheap, but maybe it's just a prototype. Guessing it'll be programmed to be interactive also, so its too early to tell. But based purely on that photo I'd probably pass.

#46 8 years ago

link to the topper?

#47 8 years ago

I like it a lot. I played a KISS next to a GOT with toppers this weekend and the KISS topper was bright, memorable and awesome. The GOT topper was like a dark statue in comparison. I'm not a topper guy but still love things like the beacons on F-14 or the police flasher mod for HS2, things you can actually notice while playing!

#48 8 years ago

Look like around $500 to my guessing eyes.

#49 8 years ago

I think its not for me, but respect if you do like it.

Started messing with the idea of a ghost trap, that lights up, opens, and does some ghost projecting, on the ceiling.
Would be nice to tie into the Ghost Events on the game.

We successfully made Peppers Ghosts at home, but it fails as one needs direct line of sight.

#50 8 years ago

It's the perfect topper... But does look like they stole it from fisher price... I'm sure we will pay $400

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 103.00
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Alpharetta, GA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.95
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 57 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-the-gb-topper-be-and-how-much and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.