Topic Stats

• 175 posts
  • 74 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by ArcadeTechNerd
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 50 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

DeadHorse_(resized).jpg
612km2U7SSL_(resized).jpg
41Q455DYGPL_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
cyclopsfinal_(resized).jpg
the-7th-voyage_(resized).jpg
th3OK2RJKG_(resized).jpg
hitchcock_(resized).jpg
cooperstown_1.jpg
rob-zombie-and-alice-cooper_1.jpg
alice_1.jpg
spookymulder.jpg
Ray__Ted.jpg
rhposter.jpg
King_of_Tokyo.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jwo825.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#49 4 years ago

They need to team up with Wolfmarsh and get that Spaceballs pin done! I saw Young Frankenstein a couple posts ago, too. Hell Blazing Saddles would be great! Or any Mel Brooks pin for that matter!

#51 4 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

Men In Tights pin?? lol

As long as there's a "Fix Blinkin's Boobs" bash toy in there, I'm in!

#53 4 years ago
Quoted from Euchrid:

Please, anything but Bible Adventures. I've got enough people/places/things in my life proselytizing to me - certainly don't want my pins doing that. Yeah, yeah, "don't buy it then." Would hate to break up the Spooky buying string because I haven't drank the Kool-Aid.
Spooky should keep cranking out the unlicensed themes. But, if they do a themed game, I'd like to see Futurama. I assume this license isn't "spooky" enough for Spooky, but then again neither is a game with "Noah's Ark" or "Rescue Jonas From Inside A Whale (he's been in there three days and he's getting really hungry)" modes.

Who says it has to be proselytizing? Modes could be from Old testament. Shoot lit shots to defeat Goliath, find pieces for the Ark. Hit standup targets to kill firstborn in Passover hurry-up mode. Not a theme for evertone, but it definitely doesn't have to be a Kool Aid type of pin.

#57 4 years ago

I think Spooky could do Metroid justice. It's got a creepy Sci-Fi horror vibe going on. Bounty hunter explores alien world in search od space pirates and encounters deadly unknown xenomorphs.

3 weeks later
#124 4 years ago

It's tough to sell a non-licensed pin in today's market. Especially at the price point. If the prices for a NIB pin for the home were closer to $3.5K, more people would be willing to take a chance on an original theme preorder. I understand that's not possible today, but it's easy to see that a license brings in more buyers at the price required to keep your company afloat. Back to the topic at hand; I've got cash in hand for the first company that releases a pin based on Nintendo properties:

Metroid
Castlevania
Legend of Zelda
Mega Man
etc.

#129 4 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

The issue might be this: video game properties are best enjoyed within their own medium. For example: I LOVE STREET FIGHTER! But the pin version? Same with Mario. People are used to controlling the characters they love...not sure pinball is the right medium for video game properties.

The SF pin does suck, but SMB is fun. People generally don't have a problem enjoying movie and band pins that are not in their own medium, so I don't see why it would be a problem with a theme licensed form a video game.

Besides, Metroid is perfect for pinball. I mean, the character turns into a ball and a lot of the game is rolling around exploring.

Spooky could do Castlevania justice and it's technically, a horror theme!

#146 4 years ago
Quoted from Tribonian:

Public domain:
Edgar Allan Poe anthology with cask of amontillado back glass and tell tale heart under pf
Jules Verne Anthology
Island of Dr. Moreau: modes for build the beast folk, battle them, escape the island.
Dante's Inferno, Gustav Doré engravings
Licensed: House of Wax

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

My wife would probably order an Edgar Allan Poe pin sight unseen.

Also, didn't all the Lovecraft stuff just go public domain? There was a huge uptick in Cthulhu merchandise last year. I'll bet there's a decent market for that.

#148 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I like music of ALL sorts, country, heavy metal, R&B, jazz, pop, EXCEPT classical BS.
Now, I know head banger works and Alice Cooper would be great too, but at some point, somebody has to mix it up a little bit.
For example, you could sell out as many Jimmy Buffet/Margaritaville pins as you could make, a ton of parrot heads that never played pinball would jump all over it. Put some hot chicks with Big Juicy Melons in there and you have a winner!
What's the pinball market again? 40-60 year olds with $$$?

Hey, Iceman. Technically, these are classical music. And they're both great to listen too when you're doing stuff like shopping pins or board work. I like to listen to them while I draw.

612km2U7SSL_(resized).jpg
41Q455DYGPL_(resized).jpg

#159 4 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

I loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooove Castlevania.
But wouldn't touch it as a pinball theme in a million years.

Just curious. For what reason?

#164 4 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Mostly because Castlevania is an abandoned IP owned by a delusional dinosaur of a Japanese game company.

So, it's a pain in the backside to secure the license or work with Konami, I take it?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Medisinyl Mods
$ 107.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 279.95
Cabinet - Toppers
COINTAKER.COM
$ 6,200.00
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jwo825.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside