hitchcock_(resized).jpg
cooperstown_1.jpg
rob-zombie-and-alice-cooper_1.jpg
alice_1.jpg
spookymulder.jpg
Ray__Ted.jpg
rhposter.jpg
King_of_Tokyo.jpg

There are 175 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
#151 8 years ago

I think there are some concept pics of someone's Lovecraft pin floating around somewhere. Don't know how serious they are about actually making it though. Still, that would be one I would absolutely fork over some cash for.

Same goes for Friday the 13th. I know I've mentioned it several times on here, but I still think a creepy cabin/woods/lake would make for a great playfield and the rules could be set up as playing as the killer and/or trying to avoid the killer, getting different weapons, etc. License shouldn't be too bad but it could easily be done as a more generic slasher pin if you wanted to avoid it altogether.

Also, yes, Castlevania and Dante's Inferno would be awesome too. I'm sure the music of Castlevania would almost make it worthwhile regardless of anything else and Inferno would pretty much require some sort of neat multi level playfield setup.

#152 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

For example: I LOVE STREET FIGHTER! But the pin version? Same with Mario. People are used to controlling the characters they love...not sure pinball is the right medium for video game properties.

Let's be real though - Gottlieb made these games to sell to operators. From operator reports back in the day, and sales numbers (excluding SMBMW which was more of an experiment), Gottlieb accomplished what they set out to do.

Yes, twenty years later this doesn't translate as well.

Quoted from kaneda:

And how many did they sell at TTPF? The last 10 or so? Ask Charlie or Ben if they would do another run of AMH and the answer would be no. They've both gone on record many times talking about how much of a b#$ch it was to sell that theme.

First, you're wrong. They sold the last like three or four at the MGC, and they had something like 10 people signed up for that spot.

The first game took longer to sell because Charlie did this magical thing where they came up with a theme, coded the game, and had a bill of materials ready when they started selling it to ensure they could operate and produce the machines, originally to whatever quantity people wanted.

At the same time they were doing this, other more flashy pinball "companies" were developing titles either based on well known properties or limited quantities from well known designers. They didn't do the fireworks, just showed the games.

It wasn't until the game was actually finished and in people's hands and they talked about how great it was that it started selling.

Now, we have a company that people can trust to deliver saying there is a limited number of their next game.

It's apples to oranges. I wouldn't be surprised if they sell more than 150 Domino's pins after that game is revealed due to their reputation.

#153 8 years ago

2016 is the year of Phantasm. Let's go Spooky !

New 4K transfer of the original film done by JJ Abrams, and part 5 Ravager later this year.
http://www.slashfilm.com/phantasm-4k-restoration/

#154 8 years ago

War Of The Worlds could be good. But only if it was set in Victorian England like the book and not anything like the terrible Tom Cruise version.

#155 8 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

Let's be real though - Gottlieb made these games to sell to operators. From operator reports back in the day, and sales numbers (excluding SMBMW which was more of an experiment), Gottlieb accomplished what they set out to do.
Yes, twenty years later this doesn't translate as well.

First, you're wrong. They sold the last like three or four at the MGC, and they had something like 10 people signed up for that spot.
The first game took longer to sell because Charlie did this magical thing where they came up with a theme, coded the game, and had a bill of materials ready when they started selling it to ensure they could operate and produce the machines, originally to whatever quantity people wanted.
At the same time they were doing this, other more flashy pinball "companies" were developing titles either based on well known properties or limited quantities from well known designers. They didn't do the fireworks, just showed the games.
It wasn't until the game was actually finished and in people's hands and they talked about how great it was that it started selling.
Now, we have a company that people can trust to deliver saying there is a limited number of their next game.
It's apples to oranges. I wouldn't be surprised if they sell more than 150 Domino's pins after that game is revealed due to their reputation.

I'll bet you $100 spooky's next 3 pins are licensed themes.

#156 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

DeadHorse_(resized).jpgDeadHorse_(resized).jpg

#157 8 years ago

I'm in on castlevania

#158 8 years ago

I loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooove Castlevania.

But wouldn't touch it as a pinball theme in a million years.

#159 8 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

I loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooove Castlevania.
But wouldn't touch it as a pinball theme in a million years.

Just curious. For what reason?

#160 8 years ago

1st company to make a "Big Trouble in Little China" pin with Kurt Russell speech gets my money.

#161 8 years ago
Quoted from jwo825:

I think Spooky could do Metroid justice. It's got a creepy Sci-Fi horror vibe going on. Bounty hunter explores alien world in search od space pirates and encounters deadly unknown xenomorphs.

Castelvania would be better! Been wanting it for years, whatever happened to the one guy who was only making one?

#162 8 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

I have inside info, I'm in on the scoop and there are talks.
http://www.ifpapinball.com/menu/gridiron
Alice wants a pinball. He loves pinball and is involved with the Phoenix Arizona tournaments at Cooperstown.
Don't know if Spooky would consider another music pin back to back but ya never know. I'd think Stern would take a crack at it to follow the success of the Classic music lineup of recent. Great choice, great theme, classic and iconic music and would make for some fantastic art, imagery and toys in a pin. A guillotine toy to lock a ball and drop would be sweet.

alice_1.jpgrob-zombie-and-alice-cooper_1.jpgcooperstown_1.jpg

True true, and next tournamnent coming up as you said end of month at his place.

#163 8 years ago

Mostly because Castlevania is an abandoned IP owned by a delusional dinosaur of a Japanese game company.

#164 8 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Mostly because Castlevania is an abandoned IP owned by a delusional dinosaur of a Japanese game company.

So, it's a pain in the backside to secure the license or work with Konami, I take it?

#165 8 years ago

I basically have no respect for the Japanese gaming industry anymore. I would exclude Sony from this as they're mostly a hardware company and all their flagship titles are Western developed anyway.

#166 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Considering two of their next three pins are already announced and licensed, that would be a silly bet!

Does Bible Adventures count as licensed?

#167 8 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

Considering two of their next three pins are already announced and licensed, that would be a silly bet!
Does Bible Adventures count as licensed?

No, it's public domain.

#168 8 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

I basically have no respect for the Japanese gaming industry anymore.

But they have better boob physics.

#169 8 years ago
Quoted from stoptap:

War Of The Worlds could be good. But only if it was set in Victorian England like the book and not anything like the terrible Tom Cruise version.

Totally agree. In fact, I'd love to see them make a movie of War Of The Worlds that is true to the book and the time period it was written in!

#170 8 years ago

Hope it will be a theme that i know and like. Cause first 2 pins did not fit that description.

Never heard of both of them.

#171 8 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

I basically have no respect for the Japanese gaming industry anymore. I would exclude Sony from this as they're mostly a hardware company and all their flagship titles are Western developed anyway.

No respect? Haha, a bit harsh.

And not all Japanese companies have lost it. Square enix and Cave are still going strong. Nintendo will be front page news again in a year.

And there are more that still deliver quality games.

#172 8 years ago
Quoted from Plungemaster:

Never heard of both of them.

You've never heard of America's Most Haunted? Wow. That's been the #1 show running in America for like the last decade practically! I guess it just never made it over to Holland.

#173 8 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

I wish you guys would contact them just to see how easy they are to work with. They may be totally hands off. I know there a ton of other themes to do though.

#174 8 years ago

All I know is that I'm excited for Street Fighter V. No idea what else, if anything, Capcom even does anymore.

#175 8 years ago
Quoted from stoptap:

Possibly tricky licensing tho... There was a KickStarter recently for a new audio production of WotW that was faithful to the original book and they ended up having to change the name to "The Coming of the Martians" since Jeff Wayne and his lawyers have a death grip on the WotW name. (for non-movie related uses apparently)

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
4,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Denver, CO
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Johnson City, TN
6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plainfield, IL
6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Maple Ridge, BC
There are 175 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-spooky-s-next-game-be/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.