Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 114 posts
  • 66 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by TheLaw
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“What sport or sporting event will you miss the most?”

• NCAA March Madness 35 votes
      14%
    • NBA 9 votes
      4%
    • NHL 25 votes
      10%
    • MLB 23 votes
      9%
    • PGA 8 votes
      3%
    • Soccer 9 votes
      4%
    • pinball shows 27 votes
      11%
    • Not going to miss sports at all 97 votes
      39%
    • XFL 4 votes
      2%
    • other 10 votes
      4%

(247 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

F1C71CB7-C723-4309-8124-3E90B5DB198A (resized).jpeg
    7C87E334-6FF4-4269-B531-D8A01CE23CFB (resized).jpeg
    Screen Shot 2020-03-15 at 11.30.25 AM (resized).png
    aykSEwE (resized).jpg
    gold jessie diggins (resized).jpg
    A Gold (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    There are 114 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
    #1 4 years ago

Will ESPN have to close their doors, if the coronavirus sports ban continues more than a couple weeks?
    Will NASCAR see a resurgence in popularity, in TV ratings, since it appears to be the only sport in town now?
    Where will all the sports betting money go now? The Lottery?
    Will ESPN the OCHO have to make a comeback?
    eSports continue with contestants in isolation booths (or online) playing their video games.

#2 4 years ago

Thought it was really odd not to see a tv schedule in the newspaper sports section. Everything has shut down.

#3 4 years ago
    Quoted from pinwiztom:

Will ESPN have to close their doors,

Reruns of past games!

#4 4 years ago

I really only follow the NFL so it isn’t affecting me much.

Once they cancel the draft it gets real!

#5 4 years ago

i feel bad for the local sports radio shows. i dont know what they are going to do for so long.

#6 4 years ago

I pretty much just watch golf. Having the Players cancelled and the Masters postponed is a big deal. Hopefully that gets rescheduled in the fall or something.

Big Mets fan and they typically only have a winning record in April and May, so their year is shot already.

#7 4 years ago
    Quoted from robotron:

i feel bad for the local sports radio shows.

One can only talk about the fact their are no sports for so long on radio or TV,
    there is already so much repetitive sports analysis already.

#8 4 years ago

To fill some TV air Time, maybe have some of the pros, go head to head playing video sports games online but televise the action and reactions (smack talk).

#9 4 years ago

March Madness and the Masters. 2 events Welcoming spring that I look forward to every year. Guess I’ll be watching cornhole tourneys on espn.

#10 4 years ago
    Quoted from jints56:

March Madness and the Masters. 2 events Welcoming spring that I look forward to every year. Guess I’ll be watching cornhole tourneys on espn.

Or bowling!

#11 4 years ago

The audience (in House), usually never gets above 250 people, due to limited space,
    so they might still be able to have live attendance.

#12 4 years ago
    pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #13 4 years ago

Will miss F1, and maybe the NHL Playoffs.

#14 4 years ago

I follow sports, but mostly NBA. watch every Warriors game and subscribe to the Athletic. Some sports blogs.

For most of my adult life, I’ve felt that if the cult of sports (college/pro) went away I’d be the better for it. That it’s a big time suck - can be a money suck - and a major distraction from keeping up with things that matter a lot more. I mean, 365 days a year it’s sports sports sports. Always an excuse to pop a top and turn on the game. But it’s a huge habit for me, and I just give in to it.

So now I’ll get to find out. I’m already bored to tears filtering through the Athletic. I’ve gone from reading 3-5 articles a day and the blogs to maybe 1. And that article seems like filler. Believe me, I’m not going to follow the coronavirus via a sports rag.

I suspect life will improve. And with luck, I’ll rid myself of the habit.

#15 4 years ago

Update on NASCAR, as i just read they have postponed the next two weekends of racing.

#16 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

I follow sports, but mostly NBA. watch every Warriors game and subscribe to the Athletic. Some sports blogs.
    For most of my adult life, I’ve felt that if the cult of sports (college/pro) went away I’d be the better for it. That it’s a big time suck - can be a money suck - and a major distraction from keeping up with things that matter a lot more. I mean, 365 days a year it’s sports sports sports. Always an excuse to pop a top and turn on the game. But it’s a huge habit for me, and I just give in to it.
    So now I’ll get to find out. I’m already bored to tears filtering through the Athletic. I’ve gone from reading 3-5 articles a day and the blogs to maybe 1. And that article seems like filler. Believe me, I’m not going to follow the coronavirus via a sports rag.

In the NBA, you want to be either really good or really bad. Warriors are tanking the right steps after being in the finals last season.

#17 4 years ago

I was super bummed on March Madness especially since it was cancelled - not postponed. I can live with all the others being delayed and some would not care if cancelled............BUT............the NFL............................That gets postponed or worse yet cancelled - I am going into a deep depression..............

#18 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Hey I just cooked for myself for two days. Probably the healthiest two days of food for me in years.

Silver lining is we may improve our habits in one way or another.

#19 4 years ago

I usually have sports talk radio on in my office at work.
    They ran out of stuff to talk about Friday. Guess I'll have to switch to music.

#20 4 years ago

This afternoon I watched 4 live horse races on the Churchill Downs channel. Then I switched over to watch the 1993 Daytona 500 on YouTube.

PlutoTV has an NFL channel that shows replays. MLB.tv has an archive of spring training broadcasts.

Desperate times.

#21 4 years ago

Need to find a channel other than ESPN to stayed tuned into while I work.

#22 4 years ago

You forgot one, Australian football
    Yes will be missed, with no crowds allowed will be surreal.
    First big game where 90k people were expected will be the weirdest

#23 4 years ago

I watch zero sports so I couldnt care less.

#24 4 years ago

No interest in sports ar all, but am sorry to see the vendors, food, shirt peoplle out of work now!!

#25 4 years ago

Just turned onthe 1981 epic in Miami for my kid on youtube. Most of the best games are on youtube for free. If you dont already know the score its as good as the real thing. No commercials are great but 40 year old commercials with the games are even better.

#27 4 years ago

Voted MLB, but I’ll miss March Madness and NHL too

#28 4 years ago

World Cup cross-country ski races scheduled for next week in Minneapolis called off because of virus threat

Alpine skiing World Cup Finals canceled due to coronavirus concern

Mikaela Shiffrin’s chances of extending her three-year reign as overall champion took another hit when the alpine skiing World Cup Finals in Italy were canceled Friday because of the virus outbreak.

A Gold (resized).jpgA Gold (resized).jpggold jessie diggins (resized).jpggold jessie diggins (resized).jpg
    #29 4 years ago

Anybody watch WWE last night? I rarely watch, but saw it was on when searching for something to watch. No fans. Wrestling in an empty building, but still playing it up to an invisible crowd. It was bizarre.

#30 4 years ago

Good one! I haven't watch the epic in Miami for a few years.

Was really looking forward to the Nascar race on Sunday even though they all drive the same cars now.

#31 4 years ago
    Quoted from loneacer:

Anybody watch WWE last night? I rarely watch, but saw it was on when searching for something to watch. No fans. Wrestling in an empty building, but still playing it up to an invisible crowd. It was bizarre.

Couldn't be any weirder than the disaster that was Colbert and Fallon on thursday. I felt bad for them.

Fallon was doing as good as he could have but Colbert was a mess.

#32 4 years ago

No March Madness totally blows. I also had (have?) opening day tickets for the most anticipated White Sox season in over a decade. Bummer.

#33 4 years ago

W/o sports I’ve already masturbated so much I’m bleeding

#34 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Good one! I haven't watch the epic in Miami for a few years.
    Was really looking forward to the Nascar race on Sunday even though they all drive the same cars now.

Bring back some reruns from the 70’s and 80’s.

#35 4 years ago

didn’t care when they were on, not phased by them being off either. I’m enjoying listening to sports fans complain and cry about it though

#36 4 years ago

Only reason I have a TV is for the NHL Package on DirecTV. Probably means I am gonna pull that plug, finally.

...also kinda bummed I won't get to see Astros getting plunked.

#37 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Shocking

#38 4 years ago

We turned off our Comcast tv service months ago and I haven’t missed sports at all. More time with family, we are streaming movies and tv shows instead

#39 4 years ago

About the same thing the Carolina Panthers meant to me the last year...

Only this year I might not have to watch them harakiri.

#40 4 years ago

I save money from this as I no longer have a need for Hulu since about all I watch on it are sports in the evening.

#41 4 years ago

CORONAVIRUS & TENNIS—ATP, ITF SUSPEND FOR 6 WEEKS; SOME WTA EVENTS OFF
    Following the recent cancellation of the BNP Paribas Open in Indian Wells, the affected ATP Tour events are Miami, Houston, Marrakech, Monte Carlo, Barcelona and Budapest. On the WTA, Miami, Charleston and Bogota have been cancelled.

#42 4 years ago

No NHL playoffs is the worst for me. March madness is fun but for betting mostly.

No reason to cancel the nfl draft, they already had the combined, you don't need players chest bumping roger Goodell to get one team.

ESPN should be showing cheap seats all the time, it's a crime it's already not on anymore.

#43 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

No NHL playoffs is the worst for me. March madness is fun but for betting mostly.
    No reason to cancel the nfl draft, they already had the combined, you don't need players chest bumping roger Goodell to get one team.
    ESPN should be showing cheap seats all the time, it's a crime it's already not on anymore.

I bet Dayton and Fla St to win it all at almost 100-1 back in November. Would have liked to see how that played out.

#44 4 years ago

For regular background noise while working on pinball machines, I will miss the NBA. I don't watch minor leagues, so March Madness is meaningless to me. The events I will miss most are the PGA majors like the Masters, US Open and British Open.

#45 4 years ago
    aykSEwE (resized).jpgaykSEwE (resized).jpg
    #46 4 years ago

Lots of people with no interest in sports posting eagerly about having no interest in sports.

#47 4 years ago
    Quoted from vex:

Lots of people with no interest in sports posting eagerly about having no interest in sports.

Hating sports is a sport for some people.

#49 4 years ago

It means more playing pinball for me!

#50 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Couldn't be any weirder than the disaster that was Colbert and Fallon on thursday. I felt bad for them.

I watched Bill Maher last night. His staff was the audience, I assume an adequate distance apart. I wouldn't have known the difference if he hadn't mentioned it.

There are 114 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-no-sports-mean-to-you?hl=dent00 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.