(Topic ID: 133982)

What will it take to get Pinball back in Dave & Busters?

By Jared

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 275 posts
  • 114 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by TreyBo69
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
    image.jpg
    pinball_DB.jpg
    1991-williams-slugfest_1.jpg
    pasos_mkt1.jpg
    08_ttt_119.jpg
    IMAG8452.jpg
    IMAG8451.jpg
    oldrowbeer.jpg
    Plinko_pinball.png
    CAM01131.jpg
    dino.jpg
    pinball_at_dave_and_busters.jpg
    2015-07-24_10-33-11.jpg
    power_wipe.jpg
    Stern_PinRedemption.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider eabundy.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#184 8 years ago

Best money making games are cause and effect. I can see the iPAD and know if I'm "skilled" enough I can win it. Place dollar and give it a try. Kids don't get pinball by walking up to it. Now if you had a wow new electronic device in the backbox of the pinball machine with light up signs saying win me, then you would gather attention. This would require designing a redemption pinball from the ground up. It can be done but it wouldn't work for any currently produced machines.

I'd say drop the backbox in place of a redemption window. Put some price buttons on the top of the lockbar somewhat like riverboat gambler. Put a big prize in the back, with a color lcd showing progress towards winning the prize.

As far as getting young kids to play pinball in a place full of prizes and tickets to win, it just won't happen.

#198 8 years ago
    Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

some of games like that are not true skill and prize pay out has legal issues that very from area to area. Also a game that skill players can clean out for say $10 to win say $500-$1000 is prizes will not last long.

sorry my sarcasm was not conveyed well inside the quotes. It would not be very hard to have it auto adjust the difficulty of releasing the prize by how much money it's taken in. this is exactly how 99 percent of all redemption games work.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider eabundy.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-it-take-to-get-pinball-back-in-dave-busters?tu=eabundy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.