Albumism_TheCars_TheCars_16x9.jpg
IMG_1935 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240412_203046_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240412_203117_Chrome (resized).jpg
DSC06496 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #33984 Stern's new factory information Posted by Grantman (1 year ago)

Post #36014 TRAILER: Foo Fighters Pin teaser trailer Posted by Yoko2una (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zh2oson.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9077 3 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Designers & artists don't leak games. All these Jaws puns & jokes from KME & ZY mean you guys aren't getting a shark game anytime soon.

Next level trolling from these guys. *tips cap*

jaws-19-back-to-the-future-part-ii (resized).jpgjaws-19-back-to-the-future-part-ii (resized).jpg
3 months later
#11565 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I personally saw it on 3 machines we had on location and promptly made a how-to video here on pinside to show people how to spend $25 to preventatively upgrade their leg brackets to prevent it from happening.

I can let my fingers do the walking and search Pinside, but if you have that video easily-accessible, I'd love it.

3 months later
#14743 3 years ago
Crisis.jpgCrisis.jpg
1 week later
#15082 3 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

Cool, I'm down with the BTTF SLFCE
Back To The Future Super Limited Flux Capacitor Edition...Of which I predict 88 of them.
Likely to include a piece of stainless steel from the on screen Deloreon.
Guessing $12,500 MSRP with a Pinside price of 20k...

I can't wait to hoard the toppers for this thing.

1 week later
#15458 3 years ago
Quoted from PBFan:

What is it that is driving this that so many people would put an LE deposit down sight unseen based solely on Theme?

No way I'd put down money at the time of announcement.

I'm totally waiting to see where it lands on the Pinside Top 100 first.

2 weeks later
#16195 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Movies aside, Pirates is one of the key attractions at Disney, still. Has been for decades. Avatar (movie or attraction) isn't even in the same league.

I'm with you 100%, but when we were at Disney World last February, the standby line for Avatar Flight of Passage was four hours.

1 week later
#17157 2 years ago

Given the choice between a dream theme that plays like a "6" and a kick-ass game with a crap theme that plays like a "9" or a "10", I'll take the latter.

Get the gameplay right, and I'm a potential buyer...theme be damned. This is a new development for me.

#17563 2 years ago
Quoted from mbasnight:

I was told the LE's have already sold out. is there some link or trueness to this?

This hobby. Sheesh.

Crazy 1.gifCrazy 1.gif

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
1 week later
#18071 2 years ago

Good work by Stern to keep this under wraps. I went back and searched this thread - there were only sporadic mentions by people saying they'd like a Mandalorian pin...but nobody was really suggesting it was a possibility until three weeks ago. Impressive.

Not sure how to square this with all the confidence about rumored upcoming pins people are positive about:

- Back to the Future
- Jaws
- Godzilla

If Mando didn't leak...why would these?

3 months later
#19734 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

There's been price increases by Stern for literally years and it hasn't resulted in more features. Actually there's been cuts in features and hardware designs to save on costs.

A popular trend in the consumer product world over the past 15 years is something called "shrinkflation." Companies keep the price the same, but sell you a smaller package of goods. In my day, you got a full half-gallon of ice cream (2 quarts) at the grocery store. For a while it was 1.75 quarts and today it's 1.5 quarts.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/grocery-prices-rise-supermarkets/

Getting less while also paying more is an added kick to the nuts.

If my love for the hobby was guided by my head, I'd be backing away. Alas...

#19750 2 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

I took it that he meant quarts and mistyped it as gallons since a half gallon is 2 quarts.

This. Although normalizing two gallon servings of ice cream is a life goal!

#19751 2 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Your example doesn't make sense.
If you used to pay $1 for a half gallon, then you paid $1 for 1.75 gallons, and now you pay $1 for 1.5 gallons you're getting three times the amount of ice cream for the same price. Ok, you could complain you're not getting 1.75 gallons any more but you're not getting less than you got back "in my day". And you're not paying more in your example.

Yes, I screwed up the units in my example. I suck. I edited the post for clarity. I just find the idea of marketers using psychological gimmicks interesting. "We could raise our prices...or, we could keep the prices the same and give the customer less stuff!"

Stern is probably doing a bit of both.

That being said, I still find the games incredibly enjoyable and I'll probably continue to buy.

2 weeks later
#20193 2 years ago
Quoted from Xdetroit:

This is what’s been predicted. $500 on pros, $1,000 on premiums. I heard LEs are +$1,000-$1,500

Yes! I've now been into pinball long enough that I can bitch about how much better prices were "back in my day!"

2 weeks later
#21056 2 years ago

Shots look clunky in the trailer. Hard pass.

#21058 2 years ago
Quoted from zh2oson:

Shots look clunky in the trailer. Hard pass.

Actually, probably going to get an LE.

#21061 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

If you don't already have one, you ain't getting one...

Yes, I know.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
4 months later
#24781 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Pearl Jam named their band after a slang term for semen. Pass.

So, no 10cc machine for you? And, you're out on a Lovin' Spoonful pin as well? Got it.

1 week later
#25092 2 years ago
Quoted from RobF:

A pokemon game where Insider Connected could store saved game states (characters collected, previous trainings, completed battles, etc) would be a huge hit.

I realize this post happened two pages ago, which is forever here, but this idea really resonates with me (a poor pinball player).

What if Insider Connected offered this option for any game? Continuing from where your last game ended or loading a prior saved game (to me) would be a really cool feature. As games get more complex, this would allow location players to experience some of the deeper modes in a game and might encourage more interactions.

Even in the home environment, this has some interesting applications. For example, the two modern pins in my collection both have play elements that are fun, interesting, and challenging but I don't get to them all that often. Imagine picking up Jurassic Park (Limited Edition) at the Spinosaurus paddock; or beginning a game of Deadpool (Pro) with Sauron already activated. I don't want to do this all the time, but as an added gameplay option, this would be fun.

The best part about enabling such a feature is that it doesn't impede people experiencing the game as the designers imagined it. If you want to play for scoring and start at the beginning, you can do that. It's the best of both worlds. Would there be extra programming involved? Probably. Hopefully not too much, though.

Anybody have George Gomez's phone number? I'll give him a call.

4 months later
#27466 1 year ago

I'm thoroughly enjoying this almost 50 year-old novel:

sho.jpgsho.jpg

Apparently, there's a new mini-series in development at FX. If that lights the world on fire, maaaayyybe??

#27473 1 year ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Thanks a lot. On top of everything else I have in my room of to-read books, you just added one that I haven't read in 40 years and have to read again.

You clearly are a person of refinement and someone with impeccable taste.

#27532 1 year ago

$5 isn't a cash-grab, people.

It's a small administrative fee to streamline a process that is clearly annoying to distributors.

1 week later
#27739 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

Wait until you find out who really rules the world.

2 months later
10 months later
#37984 9 months ago
Quoted from Vino:

Guess they can try again..
[quoted image]

Wow. Didn't realize this was a thing!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.50
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 3.49
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pleasanton, CA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
FlipMods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,999.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Maine Home Recreation

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, TN
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 140.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Grovetown, GA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zh2oson.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine?tu=zh2oson and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.