Screenshot_20240412_203046_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240412_203117_Chrome (resized).jpg
DSC06496 (resized).JPG
DSC06495 (resized).JPG
DSC05223 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #33984 Stern's new factory information Posted by Grantman (1 year ago)

Post #36014 TRAILER: Foo Fighters Pin teaser trailer Posted by Yoko2una (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider who-dey.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#400 7 years ago

How about a (GBR) Ghost Busters Remake? You know one with a good playfield and without all of the other problems that they obviously didnt check for before selling them to the public?

7 months later
#645 6 years ago

I think there needs to be another Pirates of the Caribbean game made. I've never played the last one that they made but I hear it's not all that great. The theme is awesome and it could really be a cool game if done right. Indiana Jones is another one that deserves a remake, and of course King Kong Skull Island needs to be done and a Planet of the Apes pin that has all the old characters in the original movies.

#647 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Then you're in luck - the next JJP is supposed to be Pirates of the Caribbean or Toy Story. I HOPE it's Toy Story, but I have a feeling it's a PotC game. Granted, it will be better than the one we have, but did we really NEED another PotC game so soon?

I won't buy a JJP game. Not because I think their quality is bad, I just think they price their games too high. Not gonna pay 8-9k for a pin.

#650 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

You're only punishing yourself. WoZ is awesome and can be had HUO for about the price of a new Premium Stern. Hobbit is "meh" for me. REALLY looking forward to Dialed In, though.

I don't doubt that JJP makes great games at all, they're just out of my price range is all. I'm more or a Stern Pro guy. I did splurge for a GB Premium because I felt it is a really special pin but other than that my other games are Pro models and I am extremely happy with them. You can't have much more fun in pinball than a TWD, GOT, and AS Pro.

#651 6 years ago
Quoted from trunchbull:

I won't say that anyone should be paying $8k for a pinball machine to begin with, but Dialed In is absolutely the most jam-packed and solidly-built $8k pinball machine out there.

More jam packed than WOF?

#653 6 years ago
Quoted from trunchbull:

Find me the ripoff artist who's selling a WOF for $8k!

No I'm asking if DI is a jam packed as WOF? Not talking about price

#655 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Wheel of Fortune? Did you mean WoZ?

No Trunchbulls favorite game is Wheel of Fortune.

#657 6 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

GB Premium is a great game. but if you splurged for that, you don't get to turn around and say WOZ is out of your price range.

I'm not a fan of the WOZ theme so it wouldn't interest me anyway, neither would hobbit, and while Dialed in may be a great game I'm not sure I'm a fan of that theme either. Not a big enough fan to pay 8-9k anyway.

#670 6 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

But you have Ghostbusters LE in your collection, Isn't that an 8k pin? Doesn't make sense.

No its not, so I guess it does make sense after all. GB was also a one time deal because I like it so much. Thats probably the only Premium that I will ever buy.

2 months later
#806 6 years ago
Quoted from O-from-DO:

Sorry, but all these neverending rock-theme-releases are really bothering me. If it should be a music-theme, how about Michael Jackson... with the "Billy Jean" Baseline and a strong shaker to "beat it". These tons of hits in one pinball machine would be a "thriller". Could be a nice atmosphere and really heroic to become the "King of Pop" within 3 balls. And no, I am not a MJ fanboy. The license could become a problem anyway. Who actually owns all the rights and for how much money would they be available? Probably not affordable. What a pity. OK... then at least GOTG

You're joking right?

1 month later
#993 6 years ago
Quoted from Plungemaster:

100% sure it is GOTG.

Source?

2 weeks later
#1074 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Hasn't Tron been the 2018 VE rumour for a while now? AC/DC & Tron are the only two titles that have been selling over their NIB prices for the last couple years, now AC/DC has been done this year, Tron seems to logical next VE.
Although I would love to see TSPP rerun as a VE.

Wow....TSPP would definitely generate some excitement wouldn't it?

#1085 6 years ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

This whole vault edition from Stern is interesting and concerning...
I think it is a slap in the face to the core supporters of Stern. These early adopter customers preorder and purchase new machines at launch, some sight unseen thus supporting Stern. When these machines sell out hopefully they retain some of their value. Allowing them to be sold and other new machines purchased for those early adopters. I am new here and from what I've seen NOT a lot of these machines rise in value.
I collect another form of art that is numbered and literally sells out in hours. These pieces are thousands of dollars too and sometimes take several years to be delivered. They are often sold for more than double shortly after preorder closes and sometimes more when the piece launches. One somewhat popular company thought it would be a good idea to sell another version after launch called a "Warehouse Gem" well it diluted the market on their pieces and drove away a substantial amount of their base customers. Their pieces now take several days and sometimes weeks to sell out. From what I hear they are literally just making it month to month to stay open now when they were one of the leaders in their space
I only have 3 machines in my collection. My first was a Gorgar then very shortly after I purchased a NIB Stern Metallice Pre, I would have bought the LE but they were long sold out... I missed out... I just recently dropped some serious coin on a Tron LE and I am planning on preordering/purchasing a GOTG LE when they announce, sight unseen.
I have to say if they re-release Tron I will not be buying anymore new Stern machines. ever....
/rantoff

These games aren't investments, they are meant to be played and enjoyed. I have TWD, GOT, AS, and GB. I could care less if they make remakes of every one of those games. My games will still be as fun as ever if they remake them in VE models someday. I like it because it gives people a chance to buy a game that they missed out on.

#1095 6 years ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

You may think my comments are pathetic and you are entitled to your educated opinion. My opinion still stands that Stern will damage their core early adopters/supporters on their new games. I think those customers will wait to purchase or not purchase at all after feeling slighted. I've seen it in other categories all too often when a company is thinking they are helping the community that missed out or more likely they are looking to add another revenue stream.
It will hurt the company as a whole as they will not generate that initial revenue on new products...
I'm not looking to make money on my machines (there are far more profitable categories to collect than pinball) but I would like them to hold some value and not bottom out. I feel the majority of people feel this way too.
Doublestack, I did not use the word "investment". I would like my machines to retain some sense of value over time not to be impacted by the company reissuing. These machines are not +20 years old... I would be interested in purchasing your StarTrek or Walking Dead for $2K since you think these machines should not hold value after purchase.
Goronic, I'l buy your Hobbit for $2k since you are feeling so generous too...
/Love the Scrooge McDuck!!! LoL

It doesn't hurt Stern at all. Pinheads buy what they like and those that own an original AC/DC or whatever will just sell their original game and buy a vault edition if it intrigues them enough. Like I said, I LOVE the vault editions because there are games that I have missed out on that I would love to own someday. I say bring them on!

1 week later
#1121 6 years ago
Quoted from gearheaddropping:

I don't know what the next machine will be but the game has just been upped by JJP....

No doubt......good God! JJP POTC is stunning!

#1127 6 years ago

I kind of doubt that! lol

4 months later
#1525 6 years ago

If they could just make Elvira 3 and The Munsters i could complete my collection and be done and save tons of money.

1 week later
#1656 6 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Can we trade Iron Maiden in for Marilyn Manson instead?
Time for cake...

Umm.....NO!

#1672 6 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Lol, they're both terrible.
MM is better tho. If its good enough for Trent Reznor...
I'd consider buying both games for sure tho & just feel MM is more modern & has done cooler ,and weirder, shit (music wise)

Im not going to downvote you because i like you. My finger was on that button there for a second though!

#1749 6 years ago

Yeah Baby....this is what im talkin about!

A0A4FEAF-34D6-4678-870D-AFFD597955D8 (resized).jpegA0A4FEAF-34D6-4678-870D-AFFD597955D8 (resized).jpeg

#1751 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

So hoping the artwork is in this ballpark and it ships with at least 1.00 software...

Me too, meeee toooo! This game has so much potential.

#1774 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

What a person does in the privacy of his own home is his business but this is a pinball thread sir.

Haha...be nice, oldskool is cool dude!

#1804 6 years ago

I cant wait to see this game. Come on Stern hurry up a reveal it!

2 weeks later
#1933 6 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

If Munsters is correct - I'm in.

Same here, i want The Munsters and Jurassic Park!

#1968 6 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Just getting back home from TPF and this is my thoughts on the flight home.., Spooky and others had great shows. What ever game Stern puts out next needs to blow people’s socks off...

Im sure Sterns next game will be good but if it isnt for some odd reason they have like 8 or 9 good games that you can buy right now now so I wouldn’t say its do or die by any means. I just bought a MET that blows my socks off, so it doesnt have to be the newest game.

#1975 6 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Trust me I hope more than anything that Sterns next pin is fantastic.
I just see a lot of other companies putting some great products out with more great product in the pipeline.
This is not a diss to Stern by any means.
It is a very competitive time in pinball manufacturing. This is a good thing for the consumers!
Keith Elwin pin can’t wait to see it!

Do any other pinball companies out there have 8 or 9 great pins that you can buy right now and have them shipped to your house tomorrow?

#1977 6 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Probably not 8-9 pins. But a few have some really nice ones on the herizion.

So does Stern,....... Iron Maiden, Elvira, and rumored to be having Dead Pool and The Munsters too! These games will be made by the best designers and coders in the business also. GOTG is also getting a major code overhaul. That game could turn into a mega hit real easy with its playfield design, theme, and artwork! There is lots of exciting things going on at Stern right now as well!

#2051 6 years ago
Quoted from gjm:

My money is going to Spooky. But to each his own.

You getting The Jetsons, Dominos or what?

#2085 6 years ago

Sounds like its Deadpool and then maybe The Munsters, and who knows after that. Jurassic Park would definitely be nice though and if done right it would look amazing.

#2090 6 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

The next Stern pinball game will be........your mom.

Lol

#2091 6 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

but really excited about Elvira and Munsters should they be in the pipeline !

Now this guy here knows what hes talking about!

#2094 6 years ago
Quoted from Frippertron:

Next theme is Morrissey. It's a Pinsiders dream theme full of whining, complaining, and crying.

And Whysnow’s picture will be on the middle of the playfield!

#2097 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

We have passed in Iron Maiden and have a machine for sale now hoping your prediction is correct! We are definitely keen on Munsters!

Hell yeah, BRING ON THE MUNSTERS BABY!!!

#2099 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

My distro just called and asked if I was sure that we want to pass on Iron Maiden LE. I was first on the list for an Iron Maiden LE when I found out that Stern bought the licence 3 years ago. With all my strength I said yes.. pass on Iron Maiden LE. First pass since Kiss LE in 2015. What a hard decision!..
BRING ON THE MUNSTERS!

I bet that was hard to say no for sure!

#2118 6 years ago
Quoted from gregh43:

iam still waiting on Stern for a Prince Tribute Pinball machine. How cool would that be

Not cool at all actually.

1 month later
#2192 5 years ago

Does anyone know who will be designing and coding The Munsters?

#2196 5 years ago
Quoted from wcbu64:

I hope so too.

Can i give this picture more than one thumbs up??

#2197 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Mark Ritchie would be the best choice imo, he knows how to handle a quirky licence and has done some of the most unique playfield designs out of anyone else, plus if it’s like BM66 and boutique pricing then based on Marks previous games he will also deliver plenty of bang for your buck!

I sure hope its not boutique pricing, im not a fan of that at all.

#2220 5 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Munsters = Pro/Prem/LE

THIS is awesome news!!! I pray that you are right and you usually are so im excited.

#2227 5 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

If it is Munsters, I might have to reconsider my Ghostbusters purchase. Are you saying it gets announced in September / October and shipped in 2019?

If its after Deadpool, i would say that October would be about right.

1 month later
#2335 5 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Iron Maiden made a big splash for Stern.

Hell yes it did and its still making a big splash. I dont think sales are slowing down any at all yet.

1 year later
#5839 4 years ago
Quoted from Chief:

Predication:
Stranger Things
When:
Before Xmas
Source:
Crystal ball

How cool would Stranger things be? It would have to have a lower playfield though to represent “the underground”. Stranger things has to have a lower playfield even more than Munsters does. It would be a real letdown if theres no underground in a Stranger Things pinball machine in my opinion. I dont see Stern making two games with lower playfields though this close together.

#5843 4 years ago
Quoted from Chief:

Hopefully it won’t have a lower playfield as not a fan. Don’t get me started on Munsters. It’s best forgotten about imho

Yeah but a Stranger Things pin has got to have an underground. The underground is the main focus of the show lol.

#5879 4 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

Ummm..... I think you're maybe looking for "The Upside Down"?

Yeah yeah underground smunderground, it's all the same.

Hey wasn't there also talk about a Night of the living dead pin? Man that would probably be a must have for me. Make it happen Stern!

#5884 4 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

maybe it could be a good fit for spooky

Umm......no

#5885 4 years ago

How about a Ozark pin? I love that show.

#5888 4 years ago
Quoted from AJB4:

Any ideas as to what the next Vault edition will be?

I gotta believe that Tron will be made as a vault one day and it definitely should be. Seems like the only vaults so far though are games that they need to get rid of extra parts that they have laying around. How cool would a vault TSPP or a LOTR be? I also think it would be cool to see them make some old classics and price them reasonable. I would buy a NIB METEOR remake right now.

#6044 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I haven’t seen Stranger Things or Rick and Morty.
I’m sure I’ll like ST show because I was a teen in the 80s myself. I’ve just been holding off because I like to have several seasons to watch at one time. Don’t like a waiting year for next episode but I’m going to start now.

Stranger Things is cool. It does have a little bit of cheesy acting in it, especially the little girl in season 3 but the show is still phenomenal.

#6047 4 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Have never seen Stranger Things, but if Terry says its a winner it probably is.

Yeah its good, give it a try. It is kind of science fiction which i normally cant stand but Stranger Things is a cool show. Its definitely worth a watch and has a good 80’s feel to it. We all know that the 80’s were awesome so whats not to like right?

2 months later
#7150 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

It's Bonanza. You're welcome. It's to counter CGC's CCr. Set to reveal March 24th.

I would probably be in on that!

2 months later
#7579 3 years ago

When will the Stern factory be up and running again? Will they start up at full capacity or or will there still be employees laid off at start up?

#7581 3 years ago
Quoted from chad:

Probably a slow churn in production, then increase as more line workers are comfortable returning .?

I think if demand is there that they will be forced to return to work or seek employment elsewhere. I doubt that demand will be there for awhile though.

#7593 3 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Well, we just had a current theme, so I guess we have to have 3 or 4 pre-1990 themes...
I'd love a tiger King pin. As a theme, it has exotic animals, cowboy guns, meth zombies, sex slaves, and murder. It's ripe for comedy, has great fake Tiger Joe music, and excellent clips. I bet Joe would offer audio over the phone from jail. Instant buy.

I think Joe’s voice would get extremely annoying very fast. Kinda like hearing “ok who brought the dog” over and over.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 90.00
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

Machine - For Sale
Neenah, WI
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Hampshire, IL
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 55.00
Playfield - Protection
Tucson Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider who-dey.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine?tu=who-dey and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.