dad_lg-min (resized).jpg
E497E3E8-872D-4DC9-B95B-17AFBD94F4D0 (resized).jpeg
23DC2D2F-A90E-4CA2-98A1-F19762374E3D (resized).jpeg
FDD39C64-5E43-4A2A-80EF-54E82F1F62E3 (resized).jpeg
Keanu (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #33984 Stern's new factory information Posted by Grantman (1 year ago)

Post #36014 TRAILER: Foo Fighters Pin teaser trailer Posted by Yoko2una (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider theclownpuncher.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#25569 2 years ago
Quoted from doc5md:

I was thinking about this... With all the Pokémon discussion, I think a Lego pin would be amazing. Kids would love it, and there is a huge adult Lego collector crowd. The Lego Movie characters could make great toys- think Metalbeard, Benny, a double decker couch somewhere. Just throwing out another idea for discussion

It could work but it seems when any type of manufacturer chases the "it" thing for kids they risk crashing and burning. Especially when you have a product that needs as much R&D time as a pin. Same risks as licensing the "next summer blockbuster" or the hot new TV show.

Seems to me if you're going to go with a license I'd go for the wider, proven, cult-ish licenses. Back to the Future, Little Shop of Horrors, Rocky Horror Picture Show, Big Lebowski, etc.

If you're going to go with a newer movie theme the license better be basically free and it better be a slam dunk. Think Top Gun, Fast & Furious, etc.

I'm not a Lego freak so, to me, a pin themed with Lego and the Lego movie characters would seem just like another version of the Hot Wheels pin. Certainly a wider audience that HW but still very limited.

1 month later
#26092 2 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Yes, finally a non metal head pin would be a nice change and a music pin I would consider.

Surprised there hasn't been a Grease or Rocky Horror Picture Show.

#26111 2 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

Black and white version:
[quoted image]

Would be cool but do you really think Wolfie and Alex are going to license it with Michael Anthony? I wouldn't want it unless it's all the original band theme but it will probably be a current lineup like GnR.

#26132 2 years ago
Quoted from JackG:

It might be James Bond. This is the 60 year anniversary of the franchise. They can roll out their 200 60th anniversary Bond pins for 25k each.

You mean 60 60th year Bond pins for $40k

3 weeks later
#26541 1 year ago
Quoted from NevadaNutJob:

The next 3 that need to be made :
1. AC/DC vault
2. Futurama
3. Judas Priest , Screaming for Vengeance

Would be really cool if they started doing vaults of their current rock pins in the Spike 2 with the screen. Add some video and update the code a bit and it would be sweet. AC/DC, Kiss and Metallica done that way would be cool.

Some one hit wonder/best of pins would be cool vice one singular band. They could call it the K-Tel pin. LOL

1 week later
#26625 1 year ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Will Stern make a new Stern pin? I bet the topper on this thing would be... interesting.
[quoted image]

Hampton Howie would never approve any bits or call outs from days past worth having on the thing and all the interesting Wack Packers are dead.

#26710 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I actually had the same thought the younger people have no clue about Tom and Jerry and it truly is a shame. I spend some of my Saturday mornings sitting in front of the TV eating various sugar cereals watching classic cartoons with my son. He needs to know what real cartoons are all about. I just think there is so much a designer could do with Tom and Jerry-would be a fun shooter for sure.

Same can be said for warner brothers cartoons. Bugs Bunny Birthday Bash is a pretty poor homage to that franchise and a new WB pin could be good. But, you never see those toons anymore.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
2 months later
#28992 1 year ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

I hope Stern listens to this thread and gives you Cartoon and newer music pin requesters a shot.It would satisfy younger pinballers wants and at the same time give older pinballers who have bought so much lately a break in the wallet.2 things may happen 1 being it may quench the thirst of new titles for younger people,as mentioned before us older guys wallet gets a break and 2 we can all see if the sales remain high or if the market is ready for this change.Its a win win for me .

I like this idea. Maybe one of their 3 cornerstones could be something the 90's kids would dig. Who knows, it may surprise some of the old guys and become a hit even though they initially have no interest in it. They'd still have 2 other cornerstones they could produce the known nostalgia pins that their older customer base with more disposable income is always clamoring for.

1 week later
#29446 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

When you see 7 new Pinside threads on a new Stern game, then you'll know.

Talking about how bad it sucks and how it should have had this or that.

1 week later
#29753 1 year ago
Quoted from Diamond:

I got into the hobby when Iron Maiden was announced on xm radio Ozzy boneyard. I missed the boat on a nib Kiss.

Would love to see Kiss as a vault title release.

1 week later
#30617 1 year ago

I sure hope it is He Man. It's a title I have no interest in but there are enough people who are into it that it will be a success. This would allow me some time to give my wallet a much needed break.

1 month later
#33693 1 year ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Its a LCD screen reflected off of a piece of clear plastic. Space Invaders used the same effect 40 years ago.

Very Pinball 2000

I predict they sell out in 5 minutes and we see them all on the marketplace for $3500

#33702 1 year ago
Quoted from JimB:

JJP has Pee Wee?
From a factory tour:
[quoted image]

Worthless pin unless there's a movie theater integrated into it.

1 week later
#33801 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Different types of people can want two different things, no? Some want code complete games immediately (impossible / mostly home buyers) others are happy to get the physical game and watch it grow (realistic / mostly operators and people who are interested in code developed and enjoy continuing to learn the game as it devs)
“Pinside” is not an entity. It is a collection of people of all walks with completely different sensibilities and they all just happen to like pinball. Of course, this much is obvious

I don't mind unfinished/unpolished code to start for a game, my concern is that if the game doesn't sell as expected (munsters) or another one comes along in that cycle that is the monster success (godzilla), stern will put the inferior selling game on the back burner or forget updates all together.

Munsters and IAQ are two titles I can think of that could use some additional "stuff" in the code to make it better but I really don't think Stern gives AF about them or updating the code unless it has to do with an insider connect update.

1 month later
#34330 1 year ago
Quoted from j_m_:

[begin rant]
you may want to tell this generation's workers that. fact is, they don't seem to have the drive that past generations did. the whole #metoo, #cancelthis, #cancelthat and other garbage that people are leaning on isn't going to get them anywhere in the business world. I partially blame participation trophies for some of this.
plain and simple fact: you will won't always be a winner. teaching our youth that goes a long way on how they can cope will handling defeat later in life. failure to do that early on, is basically setting them up for failure.
when people can't even take the time to count out the correct change (and their cash registers tells them how much to give out), then we have larger issues. the best is the "deer in the headlights" look that you typically get after they've pressed $20 in and then you add a few more coins after the fact to make the change that you're returned easier to manage (as well as ridding yourself of a pocket full of change), they are literally dumbfounded and don't know what to do.
when even fast food joints can't get help at $15+ an hour (which is over $30K a year) for an unskilled labor position, where is this overwhelming desire to work?
unfortunately, these aren't just isolated occurrences.
[/end rant]

My favorite is when they get the total of how much change to give you but can't do it with the smallest amount of coins properly. For instance, $0.57 back I get 5 dimes and 7 pennies. No kidding. I handed the dimes back and said can I get 2 quarters, the kid couldn't figure it out until I asked how much 2 quarters is worth, he said 50 cents,then I asked how much 5 dimes is worth, the thought for a sec and said 50 cents. I asked again if i could trade 5 dimes for two quarters, he was still confused and reluctantly did it after about 30 seconds of contemplation.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
5,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Lexington, KY
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilmington, VT
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 24.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
FlipMods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider theclownpuncher.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine?tu=theclownpuncher and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.