dad_lg-min (resized).jpg
E497E3E8-872D-4DC9-B95B-17AFBD94F4D0 (resized).jpeg
23DC2D2F-A90E-4CA2-98A1-F19762374E3D (resized).jpeg
FDD39C64-5E43-4A2A-80EF-54E82F1F62E3 (resized).jpeg
Keanu (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #33984 Stern's new factory information Posted by Grantman (1 year ago)

Post #36014 TRAILER: Foo Fighters Pin teaser trailer Posted by Yoko2una (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider readypo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#12022 3 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:

Fact.

In 15 years...there are going to be a ton of old man pinball themed machines on the market. Widows fretting over how to get rid of it. Nobody wanting them. Avengers and TMNT....have 50+ of years Of fan base left.

Fact.
Manufacturers are making pinballs that sell NOW. The ones who are making pinballs that don't sell won't be here in five years, let alone 15 to care (not that they do care about the secondary market)

Also, LED Zepplin - founded 1968. Avengers - issue number one 1963
Guns & Roses - founded 1985. TMNT - first animated series 1987

On the 100 most popular rock bands of ALL times -
7. Guns N' Roses • Spotify followers: 11.6 million • Facebook likes: 29.8 million
3. Led Zeppelin • Spotify followers: 6.9 million • Facebook likes: 13.4 million

Queen is #1 on that list, so fingers crossed ...

2 months later
#14368 3 years ago
Quoted from Charlemagne1987:

I was also born in 1969. I can't believe you never saw it. It came out in 1975 and I can remember all the kids in my elementary school having total shark fever.

I was 9, my Grandmother took me. The theater was packed, only seats were front row and center. I nearly crapped my pants when the half eaten dude with the eyeball popped out from the boat wreckage ...

1 month later
#16487 2 years ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

If the next Stern is based on a TV show, it will be current and massively popular (24, CSI, Sopranos, GOT, Stranger Things). And the only TV show that currently fits that MO, is Mandalorian.

The Top 10 TV Series of 2020, according to IMBd. Ozark, Mandalorian, Umbrella Academy have already been mentioned as possibilities.

1 The Boys
2 Money Heist
3 Dark
4 Ozark
5 The Mandalorian
6 The Queens Gambit
7 Umbrella Academy
8 Westworld
9 The Witcher
10 The Crown
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

8 months later
#25111 2 years ago

That is an interesting list - in scanning it I saw Sailor Moon. Something like this might be a good "cross over" between older pin buyers and younger combining a very popular manga with, well, good looking cartoon women...

sailor (resized).jpgsailor (resized).jpg
4 months later
#27518 1 year ago

Not saying I agree or disagree, but no $5 down, sign up for every spot right now, why not? Does that even do anything? I think the $5 might be an attempt to keep this list more grounded. Or maybe not, who knows. It might just be better to have an interest list, we will contact you if and when one of these becomes a reality to see if you are really interested in getting on a real list.

1 month later
#28507 1 year ago
Quoted from RA77:

One down.
Two to go...........

Quoted from screaminr:

Plus a few others

Amazing how many recognizable and iconic movie and tv cars there are - I like probably most everyone here instantly knew everyone of these. Here is one that would peak my interest in a pin though...

speed (resized).jpgspeed (resized).jpg
4 months later
#34333 1 year ago
Quoted from j_m_:

the "deer in the headlights" look that you typically get after they've pressed $20 in and then you add a few more coins after the fact to make the change that you're returned easier to manage (as well as ridding yourself of a pocket full of change),

This just happen to me at the drive through I go through 3-4 times a week. Gave him $5.08, eight cents in pennies on a $2.58 bill so I wouldn't get pennies back. Caused some confusion but we got through it.

I should point out I get there at 6 in the morning and he is always there, polite and does a job I sure as hell don't want to do. I am glad he is working.

8 months later
#40181 7 months ago
Quoted from Aurich:

And it's draining and pointless after a while to read. I've talked to more than one person at Stern who has been personally hurt by comments they read here.

Quoted from underlord:

I deal with angry folks everyday about their vehicles. I speak with designers and engineers. They’re not offended by these things. Same passion.

Tough but supportive crowd here.

Some truth in both of these statements. In many respects, folks who work in this industrial work in a fish bowl - not too many people going online to discuss why some lamp design was in black, not brass, etc. In can be overwhelming to have your work critiqued constantly. But the reason is people are passionate about what you are doing, and unlike so many industries, have an opportunity to influence and "have their say" - whether acknowledged or not Pinsider voices are frequently heard when it comes to theme, design, support, etc.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

£ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballToys

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
BomberMods

$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Machine - For Sale
Haddonfield, NJ
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

10,000 (Firm)
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 16.00
7,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider readypo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine?tu=readypo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.