maxresdefault (resized).jpeg
images (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1713427968712 (resized).jpg
Untitled (resized).jpg
images (1) (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #33984 Stern's new factory information Posted by Grantman (1 year ago)

Post #36014 TRAILER: Foo Fighters Pin teaser trailer Posted by Yoko2una (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider quicksilver1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7746 3 years ago

Still hoping one day for a proper RUSH pin. There shouldn't be any shortage of art and mode ideas available based on the holy triumvirate.

Starman (resized).pngStarman (resized).png
8 months later
#13444 3 years ago

It's been a cool minute since we've had anything hockey related in the pinball world. Anyone else think Slap Shot would be a worthy title, or would a 1977 hockey movie theme be lost on today's consumers?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

7 months later
#22177 2 years ago

How did Geddy and Alex fail to see the humor in naming their new libation "Moving Pitchers", "Hemisbeers", "The Camera Rye", "Entre Brew", Opportunity missed boys.

#22178 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Where does Oct 12th come into play?

Right on the money LOTR_breath

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
3 weeks later
#22718 2 years ago

Stern would be remiss if they don't make Neil's Moving Pictures era drum kit the centerpiece of the playfield. The kit could be on a drum riser with ramps leading up to both kick drums which could be open in the front for locking a ball in each one for an eventual multiball mode. There could be a cool orbit shot from a 3rd flipper off to the side or something that goes underneath the riser as well. Just some thoughts.

neilpeart (resized).pngneilpeart (resized).png

1 month later
#23546 2 years ago
Quoted from shlt_thunder:

I’m not a modern radio music guy but Foo Fighters is the blandest modern band out there. A couple of early songs stood out in the 90s but for 20 years they’re impossible to identify. Crazy that people even listen to this band.

Ugh, I couldn't agree more. I can definitely respect the individual musical talent within the band as well as their contribution to modern music, but damn the Foos literally write the most vanilla, middle of the road songs out there. I'm not a hater, I can listen to their material and be completely content, but there isn't one song in their catalog that actually grabs me and pulls me in as a listener. Their songs are bland to me as well and lack any sort of flavor. As a drummer myself, I feel that Taylor Hawkins was a much more dynamic drummer when he was with Alanis Morissette, and I definitely liked Nate's playing in Sunny Day Real Estate a lot more than FF as well. Certainly they have enough songs, but I can't imagine Stern ever releasing a FF pin as there just isn't enough actual source material to theme a pin around.

#23595 2 years ago

Yikes, that Boy George pic is terrifying. Reminds me of ol girl in Total Recall.

#23665 2 years ago

I just finished the final season of Netflix's Lost In Space. Episode 6 featured a scene with a song by..................... well let's just say it wasn't Kickstart My Heart or Shout At The Devil.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#23809 2 years ago

It's impossible to quantify the best drummer of all time, it's pointless to even try. To do so just makes the people in the argument look stupid. Just like athletes, they all have to be judged by era as musicians and athletes both evolve at staggering paces on a yearly basis. Buddy Rich, Gene Krupa, Louie Bellson, Keith Moon, Billy Cobham, Tony Williams, John Bonham, all great and amazing drummers, but drummers like Dennis Chambers and Neil Peart took the foundation they laid, ran with it and created a name for themselves by taking all of those previous fundamentals to a new level. Rush is my favorite band and Peart is my favorite drummer, but I absoloutely recognize that even Neil's talent has been improved upon tenfold. There are guys out there like Mike Mangini, Bobby Jarzombek, Thomas Lang, Marco Minnemann, Matt Gartska, Alex Rudinger, and so many others in the extreme metal genre I haven't even bothered naming that leave all the previous mentioned names in the dust. There are drummers today doing things on a kit that the founding fathers would have NEVER thought possible. As a drummer myself, I find it much more productive and rewarding to discuss the amazing contributions all these names have provided for our listening pleasure rather than pit them against one another for the "best drummer ever" title, because in the end it's an absolutely pointless argument that will never have a clear cut winner.

#23876 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Um, you can quantify athletes as they have some goal. Most points, quickest 100 yard dash.
I agree with you though, music is not.

Some athletes possibly, but only the current record holders can be considered. There are still those people out there who say Babe Ruth or Ted Williams is the best baseball player ever, Wayne Gretzky is the best hockey player ever, Dr J is the best basketball player ever, Johnny Unitas is the best QB ever, John McEnroe is the best tennis player ever, the list goes on and on. But then guys like Derek Jeter, Connor McDavid, Michael Jordan, Kobe Bryant, Tom Brady, Roger Federer, all came along and showed that the argument of being "the best" is never over. Not to argue, but like I said, I just feel musicians, athletes and even people in science will always evolve and shouldn't be judged, but there will always be judgement and comparison, which is why I feel "the best" at anything should be defined by eras. 20 years ago there were athletes who scored the most points in their given sport or might have had the quickest 100 yard dash where people thought those records would always stand, but we all know that is not the case. Eventually there might be some records that are so incredible that they cannot be broken, but who are we to say?

#23977 2 years ago
Quoted from DrDQ:

I feel the sense of possibilities…..

Hopefully we don't feel the wrench of hard realities.

#24069 2 years ago
Quoted from DrDQ:

It’s not 9:12 yet

You wouldn't believe how many so called Rush "fans" I have encountered in various forums that don't know the significance of the time displayed on Neil's kick drum head.

#24236 2 years ago

I know a lot of folks are chomping at the bit for a reveal of Rush, myself included. Does anyone think that Stern is gonna do a reveal the week between Christmas and New Years? Is Stern even working this week?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 495.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling

$ 10.50
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 35.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 33.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 16.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

6,495 (Firm)
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 21.50
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider quicksilver1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine?tu=quicksilver1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.