Albumism_TheCars_TheCars_16x9.jpg
IMG_1935 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240412_203046_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240412_203117_Chrome (resized).jpg
DSC06496 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #33984 Stern's new factory information Posted by Grantman (1 year ago)

Post #36014 TRAILER: Foo Fighters Pin teaser trailer Posted by Yoko2una (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pugster.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#25993 2 years ago
Quoted from frisco_melt:

What if Jack Danger is designing a Ted Lasso game with the codename Foo Fighters? It's a hot show, recognizable characters, great callout potential, it's relatively kid/arcade friendly, and would fit perfectly with Danger's personal style, goofy and emphatically kind. Sudeikis has said that some of the show was inspired by the Foo Fighters song My Hero and he was in one of their music videos playing a kind mirror-Ted. There's also a JJP Wizard of Oz in S2, maybe somebody is a pinball fan. That could be a great game, especially if it inverts the doggy soccer 'shoot goals' expectation and focuses on the management/relationships/mental health themes from the show. Just gotta find a distributor who will put me on a list for a Ted Lasso LE...

Don’t think Lasso is coming (soccer pin?) but Jason Sudekis is a huge pinhead. I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s on Pinside, pretty sure some of the characters on here know (or have met) him.

1 week later
#26133 2 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

You would press start, select which actor you want to be, and play as James Bond. The playfield would show various villains and Bond girls. You'd stop the bad guys and save the girls. Who doesn't want to be James Bond and end up with Pussy Galore?

Absolutely! Why limit yourself to just one evil villain and just one Bond Girl? I’d say don’t even worry about who’s playing Bond, because it’s you…

2 weeks later
#26422 2 years ago
Quoted from shanksfornothin:

I know they wouldn’t do another music pin right after rush but what about a Def Leppard pin?!

Drum solo mode where you could only use the right flipper. Classic.

1 week later
#26570 1 year ago

I sure hope that if BTTF happens that they get Huey and the rest of the News to sign on as well. "Back in Time" playing in attract mode = freakin awesome.

#26634 1 year ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

I’m assuming BTTF would not sell that well

Assume away but I’m willing to bet you’re 100% wrong on that. There’s a LOT of people in the target demographic that grew up with that movie. It’s iconic of the 1980s (like Jaws and the 1970s) and has so many instantly recognizable tag lines and “stuff” that even todays kids will know it from their nerdy Dads (guilty as charged) talking about DeLoreans and Mr. Fusion.

Also, I have no idea if it’s going to be made and it’s not an instant buy for me but I do think it would sell like crazy…unless it sucked from a design standpoint.

#26687 1 year ago
Quoted from honkbahh:

"I blue myself" on ball drain

FA269412-F252-4E06-90CE-860F6A098596 (resized).pngFA269412-F252-4E06-90CE-860F6A098596 (resized).png
1 week later
#26960 1 year ago
Quoted from spectrum-1980s:

Why not a Disney land pinball. With different areas of the park represented on the playfield. .
Different modes like parking mode
New ride construction
Ticket que
Ride que.
Lunch
Profit operations
Staff and new hires

Hahaha! So what would be fun is a “theme park” non licensed theme that just ripped the absolute bejesus out of Disney, Universal and the other parks. Mock them at every turn with just enough ambiguity to keep the lawyers at bay.

#27019 1 year ago
Quoted from pinball2020:Hmm as for songs: "Rainbow Connection" - could work for some multi balls.

I’m a sucker for a frog with a banjo. Put Elwin on it and take my money.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
1 week later
#27301 1 year ago
Quoted from Billygrippo:

How bout some Danzig then!

A Danzig pin?? Oh Mother

2 weeks later
#27678 1 year ago

I understand it’s probably a licensing and IP thing - but TS4 is a shining example to me that in pinball it’s better to use an entire franchise if possible rather than one movie. Toy Story as a franchise is iconic - TS4 as a movie is definitely not.

Hopefully Stern doesn’t go down that road if they do Jaws, Bond or BTTF. Can you imagine if it’s BTTF or Jaws and they based it only on the last movie?

1 week later
#27936 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Any guesses on code name of either title?

True Lies

2 weeks later
#28306 1 year ago
Quoted from RA77:

Yup, bring this on please Stern Pinball
[quoted image]

Has this theory been floated? A combo of Elwin and Archer would be very hard for me to pass up. The show would fit VERY well into a pinball theme, and the voice actors include some of the best in the business. This or Bob’s Burgers and I’m out some cash I suspect…

#28513 1 year ago

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cf_t_YtLBGs/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

I know Stern tend to be coy but the comments sure seem like a pin announcement is inbound.

1 month later
#30932 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinwalker:

When I first heard there might be a Bond pinball table I thought it would be hard to license. Which bond? Which movie? Then I thought what if they did it more like JP. The player is "Bond" and the playfield is populated with gadgets and villains. Add in a logo and some music and we are good to go. Surely they would be cheaper to license as I am sure Sean and Daniel would want a nice chunk. Hopefully its just one more week to wait and see!
PinWalker

100% - no need to commit to a single “Bond” because the player is the next 007. Still lots of ways they could incorporate callouts and clips from the films without locking into one movie or Bond.

2 months later
#34100 1 year ago
Quoted from ultimategameroom:

The next Indiana Jones film is scheduled for release this summer. If stern releases a new machine , I hope they don’t F it up. Lots of potential for a great machine. I read the plot centers around a castle being stormed by Nazis in 1944.

I hope they don't F up the new Indiana Jones Movie. I'm still recovering from what they did to Indy last time (find the South Park episode if you need a reference). And yup, it would be very hard for me to pass up a new IJ pin especially if Elwin was on it.

3 weeks later
#34567 1 year ago

Rainbow connection multiball.

Take my money! Instant buy if Elwin was on it.

Edit: the more I think about a Muppets pinball the more I can’t believe it hasn’t been done.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#34577 1 year ago

Has anyone ever made a pinball based off of a book (pre visual media)? Seems weird but hear me out…

No actors to pay
License likely cheap
Huge range of good/creative ideas out there
Still could have recognition with the right title, or who cares

All of the money saved could go into BOM. Few limits on creativity for the designer…

Just spitballin here but when I hear about a pin based on “Wednesday” or whatever I wonder if Stern just needs to have the cojones to go unlicensed or just entirely different.

#34583 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Tales of the Arabian Nights instantly jumps to mind
What books would you really want to see?

No idea honestly. But I do think there’s a treasure trove of ideas for a pin out there. Hell half of the movie based pins were books before they were movies (I’m guessing). Beat the studios at their own game

1 week later
#34615 1 year ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

George said the DeadFlip game is kind of a new direction for Stern. I thought that was interesting. So maybe not a music pin or a music pin with a big twist?

Maybe unlicensed?

3 weeks later
#35001 1 year ago
Quoted from dboeren:

A fantasy RPG version where you can make your own character would be even cooler, pick your class but also get to customize their name, appearance, and maybe find cool gear in-game by completing quests or simple random awards. Theme it after Skyrim, Diablo, D&D, etc... Add a co-op "adventure party" mode. If I had the skills and time to make a home-brew pin I'd be tempted to do it myself

Great idea…as long as it’s more Skyrim and not Elden Ring…that m’fer would have the tightest shots on the planet and go stdm if you didn’t plunge juuust right.

1 week later
#35325 1 year ago
Quoted from Royflipper:

Indeed I can’t stand that no new SP has still been created.

South Park Coon and Friends would be so good.

1 month later
#36041 1 year ago

So a “novel” theme starring the Foo Fighters featuring their music as a soundtrack?

Could be a winner.

#36313 1 year ago

Actual footage from Stern HQ

B63CB12E-C106-4ADD-8814-E89D38C1B5D2.gifB63CB12E-C106-4ADD-8814-E89D38C1B5D2.gif

Looks like a hell of a pin for your first cornerstone! Excited to flip one.

8 months later
#42079 5 months ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Pokémon would be absolutely HUGE with anyone under 40, and would be the perfect game to get people to use Insider Connected to collect Pokémon. I’m Gen X & even though I’m a huge Nintendo fan, I was in college when Pokémon got huge, so I missed getting sucked into it…but I recognize how powerful a franchise it is. Boomers & Gen X, don’t dismiss Pokémon’s power! Millennials barely know what Warriors or Goonies is. Pokémon will have them losing their minds.

Can't say I'd be into a Pokemon pin, but you're right - it's basically the perfect game to leverage Insider Connected.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.95
$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Wentzville, MO
$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Almighty Mods

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 1,059.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 39.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

4,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Folsom, CA
$ 685.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 12.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pugster.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine?tu=pugster and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.