maxresdefault (resized).jpeg
images (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1713427968712 (resized).jpg
Untitled (resized).jpg
images (1) (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #33984 Stern's new factory information Posted by Grantman (1 year ago)

Post #36014 TRAILER: Foo Fighters Pin teaser trailer Posted by Yoko2una (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider psw757.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

339 posts in this topic match your search for posts by psw757. You are on page 1 of 2.
#49 7 years ago

The WHO LE!

1 week later
#186 7 years ago
Quoted from TouchingEvil:

NO MORE ROCKBAND PINBALLS!
I want:
Big Trouble in little china or Goonies

Goonies would be cool!

2 weeks later
#281 7 years ago

Goonies and Beetlejuice would be sweet, prefer goonies though. Both movies have a ton of stuff to work with.

1 week later
#348 7 years ago

I think Beatles, The WHO, Jimmy Buffett, Led Zep, Pink Floyd or even a game based on a genre like classic rock/hard rock where they use a variety of bands all on one machine. These bands all have a cult like following and would be big sellers, pricey licensing I'm sure though.

1 year later
#976 6 years ago

Wasn't the Beatles rumored to be a Franchi design?

3 months later
#1291 6 years ago

Will Stern announce the next title at the CES in January?

1 week later
#1323 6 years ago
Quoted from pninja005:

So can we expect a CES annoucement?

Not sure, Stern of the union tomorrow too I think.

Would be nice to know the next title soon as I’m fixing to buy another machine or two!

#1328 6 years ago

I’d like to have a GB and Aerosmith update soon!

1 week later
#1333 6 years ago

What’s everyone’s best guess on when the next machine will be announced?

If it isn’t until TPF which is mid March doesn’t that kind of setup a rather compressed 2018 for rolling out 3-4 new machines?

Being GOTG was Oct 17 I really thought Jan/feb we would know something.

#1335 6 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Iron Maiden is the rumor from the interwebs

I saw that but the thing that has me scratching my head is the rumored Beatles pin which the same people said would be expo maybe sooner.

Assuming Stern has this license, have they ever built two music pins within the same year. Seems odd.

#1338 6 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

But Beatles is a KAPOW title and that means no pro etc. Supposed to be Expo again just like BM66.
And 80 Beatles SLE at $15000!
Iron Maiden is a regular Stern title.

There was a rumor that Kapow was going to do a Yellow Submarine machine but now it appears this machine will not be Yellow Submarine. Would that still be a Kapow then? This was published in one of the threads in the last couple days.

#1341 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Is posting in a Pinside thread now considered being published?

Funny.... I hear ya

It was the this week in pinball weekly update. I thought these guys were half decent.

#1342 6 years ago
Quoted from nman:

I could be misremembering, but I'm pretty sure the same internet personality that "reported" it wasn't Yellow Submarine also said it would still be a Kapow title.

I could have been the one that misremembered.

#1383 6 years ago

I’m hoping they roll the next title out soon... I’m chomping at the bit to buy something.

#1385 6 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

Yeah,Psw757,waiting on a "Houdini" myself,but a Beatles pin would cancel that in a heartbeat!!

Same here - I'm buying if it's Beatles

#1407 6 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

Excerpt taken from Pinball Magazine's article on EAG Expo
"Stern’s next new title is likely to be announced in April, which according to rumors, should be Keith Elwin’s first game with artwork by ZombieYeti."

That really sucks if there is nothing prior to April.

Hard to see it being a 3 machine year plus a vault/Kapow title.

#1409 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I guess Luci is plugging the gap from now until April.
It does suck that we have to wait till April as I am very excited to see what Keith has in store for his game, his Archer layout looks very interesting and fun to shoot, would love to see that layout go into production but equally excited if it’s something new.

Yeah October -April is definitely a big gap of nothing. Especially since they have already been doing the Acdc vault.

From a competitive standpoint I was thinking Stern was going to try and launch one more new title prior to JJP potc shipping to really put the screws to them.

#1435 6 years ago

Isn't the Luci run going to be very small? I bet they make maybe 50-100 tops. Maybe not even that many.

It really shouldn't slow the line down as they are already building the same machine, only differences being some art.

Regardless, 6 months is quite a long time between new machines for Stern.

3 weeks later
#1495 6 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Was thinking why would Stern do two music pins so close together for release-AC/DC Luci Vault and Iron Maiden. Even with a month or so apart you would think they overlap a little. What if Iron Maiden is Stern's code word for King Kong or Jurassic World or something else? Stern is great at throwing curve balls. Same goes for Deadpool with the recent release of GOTG, I can see Deadpool in late 2018. Usually Music pin, Super Hero Pin, Movie Pin, rinse and repeat.

I think there is going to be some disappointed folks - I predict next game not Iron Maiden or even a music pin. I’m going to go out on a limb and say next music pin we see from Stern is not Iron Maiden either.

#1589 6 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

Well,wouldn't it be cool to have Kapow do another,Special pin,like,say,The Beatles,in like October???

That is what I’m hoping for as
Maiden and Deadpool don’t excite me much as themes!

#1692 6 years ago
Quoted from flamehead:

Those that post that maiden has a small fan base are really showing ignorance. Iron Maiden has sold more than 93 million (by way of comparison U2 is under 50 million)albums and performed more than 2000 live shows to over 20 million people. There are people right now on ebay paying more for old Iron Maiden tees than for Pinball machines. Iron Maiden flys their own 747 from show to show not a bus like Metallica. They re one of the biggest bands of all time. Just because you don’t like them or don’t know the music doesn’t mean they aren’t huge.

Way off on your U2 info - more like 14 studio albums which sold well over 170 million copies. 4 out of top 20 grossing tours by any artist or group all time. Numbers are pretty amazing actually.

Bad comparison - not even close

#1724 6 years ago
Quoted from flamehead:

Nobody really knows the real numbers however I get my information from business insider not from pinside

14 albums created and well over 170 million copies sold. Pretty clear to me.

2 weeks later
#1932 6 years ago

I thought Beatles was the next rumored Kapow?

1 month later
#2164 6 years ago

Are we getting a Beatles machine in 2018?

1 week later
#2204 5 years ago

I fancy a Beatles but my worry is that this is the Kapow title and that only means expensive, crazy expensive and ridiculously priced editions
Translation. No pro.

Just my opinion but Beatles is either the next Stern machine or the Kapow title in late summer/fall.

If this license has indeed been secured as has been reported they aren't going to sit on it too long as it will likely be the most expensive music assets acquired to date.

#2206 5 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Munsters by Borg is what most of the people with usually correct info are saying will follow Deadpool. Borg was telling some groups of people at TPF that he’s a Fall release, he never said Munsters (or gave any hint as to the title) but said he had some incredible mechs he was visibly excited about. We will see.
Queen would be a good theme. Beatles is a bit old for my personal taste but I’m sure plenty of people will be plenty interested in it. Jurassic World would be a great theme but id rather see JJP do that one.

It was posted here by folk way more in the know than I am that the Beatles license is confirmed to be acquired.

They did not say by who but if I had to guess Stern or Kapow.

Also confirmed that it wasn’t yellow submarine either.

If someone ponied up the big money for this license they sure as heck aren’t going to sit on it for 12-18 months that’s for sure.

#2208 5 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Well, I’m not sure if it is fair to say that giving the title a normal Pinball development cycle to make it the best it can be is really sitting on it...that said, Stern has prioritized titles for quick development in the past so you certainly may be proven right.

I agree with that but I think the Beatles theme has been in the works for a while. Wouldn't surprise me if it was acquired 6-12 months ago, no way to really know.

#2251 5 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Yes and no. The Beatles ('ses widows) are experinced licensors and with Rock Band: Beatles being great in Terms of freedom art direction wise that should be all good.
BUT what they weren't allowed was to change the music itself (so it had to play a note altough you didn't hit in in the game, wich breaks a lot of the games feedback). Considering that It'll propably be hard getting somebody screaming JACKPOT over some songs and giving David Thiel (or whomever) some hard time. :-/
Still, if the game is no turdfest I'd be in.

Music is generally easier to license than top tier movies and the Beatles probably license more items than any band out there. Im all in at any price if it's designed well.

1 year later
#3878 4 years ago

Kind of hard to imagine them going to Disney for more licensing or even Disney signing off on such a novelty as a home edition. Shit, they can’t even get the topper done.

If true though, I’ll have to give it a look, it is Star Wars! Lol

#3890 4 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

You realize Disney licenses their stuff out for everything right? As long as the check clears, they're happy.

Where is the damn topper then?

#3908 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

Breaking News:
Okay I have a somewhat inside source here is what I'm hearing.
Stern has been releasing three games a year, and they're already at two this year with Black Knight and Munsters. That means there is only one more game coming from them. You will see that game in October and it will be Elvira 3. So the breaking news if what I'm being told is true is there will be no JW or Stranger Things. This makes sense because there is no reason what so ever to push out J World because the move came out a year ago now, and the next one isn't out until 2021. Common sense would tell you, would be nice to hitch a ride on that train.
I think you're going to see Elvira in October at Chicago, then in the winter you'll see Stranger Things.
Here is what I learned, in the old days, a pinball company only had one line, they made one game, today Stern makes multiple games. Currently they have everything from Beatles, Deadpool, Black Knight, Munsters, Guardians, Batman, Star Trek, Star Wars all these games on the line. They have orders from all these games and their lines are tied up until late summer, September. They're a business about making money not new pinball games every few weeks.
Lastly, a lot of these places that have bought games, honestly they're running out of room to take on more games, there is already a lot to choose from. If Stern started making 4 or 5 new games a year they're doing nothing but cannibalizing themselves, they know the market.
So here is the bottom line Stern is probably not going to be releasing a new title until October when you'll see Elvira. Use some common sense here... are they really going to release a game here in August then turn around 2 months later and release Elvira.
I doubt it.
So we can pretty much stop going nuts and just look towards October for Elvira 3. If I'm wrong I'm wrong but that is what I've learned.

Only thing I would add is they have been doing 3 cornerstones and 1-2 special makes whether it be a Kapow title or Primus, Supreme, home edition here and there etc...

Could it be some special run? A vault?

#4003 4 years ago

Maybe we will finally see the topper as well, they did say they will reveal it with a formal announcement.

#4045 4 years ago

Maybe it will be a Darth Vader edition

#4068 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

I'd like to play that Transformers.
Played Spiderman home and actually found some of the shots way too difficult.

The speaker in the front and the wonky flippers and slings sucked.

Fix those and Spider-Man isn’t terrible.

#4071 4 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Also ditch the dots for lcd.
Or just make real pins!

The colorized dots on Spidey weren’t bad and the whole dots vs lcd thing is a non issue for me.

If they aren’t using good content I’d rather have dots.

#4072 4 years ago

Has me wondering now are they going to play it safe with the original trilogy or take a chance on Force Awakens/Last Jedi era?

#4127 4 years ago

Yeah, looks like drops guarding the ramp with a airball shield installed. Looks like something at top of right ramp as well and another airball plastic.

No idea what the angled thing is on ramp in front of Death Star, and I thing I see two spinners up the middle or a spinner and a drop, can’t tell.

Chewy makes a appearance too!

#4132 4 years ago

They need to get better about reveals, that was pathetic regardless of the game.

#4159 4 years ago

Announcing during shark week?hmmmm

#4178 4 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

The cab has a ton of screws and it looks like you could build it yourself similar to Arcade1up.[quoted image]

Is this the final cabinet? They did say the three out there are prototypes.

3 weeks later
#4347 4 years ago

could the dec rumor be another Kapow game?
There was some chatter of this early in the year.

1 month later
#4684 4 years ago

someone needs to make a Goonies Pin, top of my list.

#4748 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

TMNT is the final cornerstone this year. Next year's first cornerstone pin should ship in Jan and as to what that theme it is ??? Stern hinted it was an 80's theme.
80's theme's already done -> Star Wars, Ghostbusters, IJ, BTTF. Stern won't do horror themes like Friday 13, Nightmare on Elm, Halloween, Gremlins or Chuckie. This leaves possible themes after TMNT -> another BTTF, Die Hard, Blade Runner, Beetlejuice or James Bond. That pretty much is the whole universe from that decade, excluding ongoing rock band acts.

You forgot Goonies, it’s been rumored someone has this. Deeproot, Stern or Spooky. Spooky even had some obscure Goonies references in TNA.

#4775 4 years ago

Its Goonies or Led Zeppelin/quicksilver reskin.

#4830 4 years ago

Turtles is a shitty theme that already has a machine from Data East.

Enough of the remakes already, plenty of fresh shit out there that has never been done before.

I’m 1000% in for Goonies!

#4832 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Well, are the kids going to be buying them, or their parents who liked 80's movies??
I personally think Top Gun would be a boring theme.

I don’t really care to have Tom Cruise in my basement even as good as that movie was.

#4836 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I just feel it would essentially be like F-14 Tomcat.

Yep...like a f-14 tomcat or gold wings.

Let me guess this one will feature the f-18 super hornet in the game...lol

If you need a Tom cruise fix in your house just get one of those and rock one of the alternate translites that are out there.

#4837 4 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Give me a mission impossible pin with some cool mechs and Tom is welcome in my basement!

Mission Impossible would be much better than top gun.

#4840 4 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Kanedas rumor he heard was karate kid. I'd be ALL in on that one. Hoping that's true. Same with turtles.

Another boring dud for me. First time I’ve heard this as well.

Goonies has been in the rumor mill for at least 1.5-2 years.

#4852 4 years ago
Quoted from Capn12:

Despite really wanting a great 80s theme, it is starting to feel more and more like it will be the Zeppelin reskin(to me). That seems like a fitting release to jam into the end of the year, before the next cornerstone (TMNT). I hope that isn't the case, but with JP and Elvira coming out so recently, it just feels like we won't be getting another net-new pin.

That is a good point. They will likely need to announce this by the end of October is shipping is prior to Christmas.

That is exactly what they did with Beatles.

#4855 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Beatles did not sell "well" from all indications (they only made a bit more than half the 1965 they were going to because no distributor wanted to buy 10 packs once the diamonds and platinums were all gone on the initial run and only overpriced golds were left), and aftermarket values for all levels of that pin are terrible.

What you say may be true but has no bearing on if it made Stern a bunch of money.
Even if they only sold 900 at an average price of 8k and the average is higher factoring the diamonds and platinums in. At 8k average that is 7.2mil in revenue on 900 units. The game likely cost under 4K to build even with the license fee.
To make a long story short, for a relatively quick production run and non cornerstone game I think it financially did fine for them and that is really all that matters.

#4862 4 years ago

Hit the Xmas nostalgic market hard.
Many different sources suggesting this is next.
And it will be Quicksilver, not Ali.
I think there are plenty of false rumors to catch various podcasters out, and throw people off the scent!

So your thinking the quicksilver/Led Zeppelin is next?

#4901 4 years ago

Ha just read your post. You are describing the idealized version of the theme. This is Stern we are talking about. If Stern made the Goonies, it might not include movie clips or sounds. Would you still want Goonies then? Sheesh be careful what you wish for. If you think Stern’s version of Goonies would be a good pin, then I think you are a die hard Goonies fan. Fortunately Stern isn’t stupid enough to proceed on a Goonies. Die Hard on the other hand, would be golden.

Die Hard would be good but as you say about Stern, it wouldn’t be without the video and profane John McClain dialogue.

#4922 4 years ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

I heard at the York show it was Pink Floyd! First I've heard that rumor. I would actually consider a Karate Kid just because I'm a big fan of the movie. I'm not sure how well it translates to a pinball machine. I'd rather have a Back to the Future or Transformers 1984. My daughter and wife both said we would be buying a Stranger Things pin if they made one. I don't see that being the dream theme that was talked about.

If it’s a music theme it’s Led Zepp, whoever said a Pink Floyd had to have misspoken. Never heard that one in the mix.

#4926 4 years ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

I was thinking the same thing. Maybe they meant Led Zeppelin. I don't think I would buy it but my brother sure would. LOL

Don’t get me wrong, I love me some Pink Floyd but think it could be a tough one to execute well.

#4929 4 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

I bet you'd change your mind if the translite was the volleyball scene

they should put some whacked Scientology undertones on it too, dudes a f’ing weirdo.

#4933 4 years ago

Will we see this next game at expo?

Seems like they are running out of time if it is still to be out before Christmas.

#4934 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

You can say what you want about scientology, but there are some great people who practice it and they claim it's made them who they are. Chick Korea the genius jazz musician is one of them. So who am I to say?

Maybe great in their own mind but at the end of the day they aren’t in my circle so I don’t care. Weird shit period...

#4936 4 years ago

Back on subject

Is it Led Zeppelin, Goonies or something else and will it be out before the holidays as originally rumored?

2 weeks later
#5204 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

Please no stranger things. Its an ok show but far from pin worthy.

I concur, shit theme.

Give me some Led Zeppelin or Goonies!

1 week later
#5480 4 years ago
Quoted from V8haha:

The Houston show is coming up...
Does stern normally release after this show?
Seems like if they were to do it it would be right after Houston. Nov 14-17

If I recall correctly wasn’t the first showing of Beatles at IAAPA and free play Florida last year?

#5526 4 years ago

Next machine will be the long rumored Led Zeppelin machine.

#5542 4 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Only if it is a new design.
Beatles was a let down.

Sure wasn’t for me!

#5566 4 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

That one might be cooking longer.

If it isn’t Led Zeppelin next in line it’s got to be Goonies or Bond!

#5581 4 years ago

My hope for a Bond pin is they cover all eras of Bond, if they have to count one out it can be On Her Majesty’s Secret Service with Lazenby.

#5586 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I think most of us could have done without moonraker as well

I like Moonraker

#5587 4 years ago

That list is ridiculously off as a Bond fan. On Her Majestsy’s secret service at #7? View to a Kill #23 or thereabouts, no way.

3 weeks later
#5846 4 years ago
Quoted from Chief:

Predication:
Stranger Things
When:
Before Xmas
Source:
Crystal ball

I’m hearing Led Zeppelin must be a communication breakdown!

#5937 4 years ago

I don’t think Stranger things is next based on what I’ve heard. It may be the first game of 2020 though!

2 weeks later
#6336 4 years ago
Quoted from HarrieD:

You're forgetting Beatles from 2019 as well. We were treated with 5! new games this year from Stern alone. Way to go Stern!

Beatles was a 2018 release, I had mine on Dec 7, 2018.

#6338 4 years ago

My money is Led Zepp for the next machine.

1 month later
#6554 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

If you think Stern gives one iota of care what secondary market values of their machines are, you are dreaming. The only sales prices Stern cares about are the prices of the machines they are building today.

Yeah I agree, they don’t give a shit as long as people buy them.

I do however think that they should wait like 10 years to do this shit... so it’s 2020 and anything prior to 2010 is game. Vault to me has the meaning of dragging something out of the archives on a new limited basis.

Just my 2 centavos

#6586 4 years ago

Stern needs to crank out a cornerstone music theme hopefully Led Zepp. They need a big seller.

Fact is they sell well, earn well on location and haven’t built one since Maiden which is quite a while if you look at timing of these themes from ACDC-Maiden.

2 weeks later
#6793 4 years ago
Quoted from Snailpin:

"I would love to make a Led Zeppelin pinball machine" - Steve Ritchie, dec 2017.

I really would like this to be the next game!

#6801 4 years ago

So what’s the latest, is Zepp next or not until October?

Man would that steal JJP’s thunder if next, what an epic battle of the bands that would be!

#6820 4 years ago

To do Bond justice it needs to be inclusive to all era’s of Bond.
Something like Star Wars type of code,pick your Bond and complete the missions. New layout needed.

Artwork for pro/premium mashup of 007/Bond Girls and the LE could be the villain theme.

#6826 4 years ago
Quoted from chad:

What would be best, Bonds drink, car, or favorite weapon as a topper?

Walther PPK with Silencer that makes gun shot sound or Aston Martin would be cool!

#6845 4 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Alas, it’s just too much to hope for I guess.
007 could be the best pin ever if they got it right. I really don’t know how the Stern boys would pull it off though.... they cracked Beatles so anything’s possible I guess.[quoted image][quoted image]

It think that was Joe K that cracked that license and back around that same time 007 was rumored to be a future Kapow title as well. I think there may have been a hint in one of the many podcasts. Who knows at this point, that was a while ago.

#6850 4 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

If it’s got a silencer then technically it shouldn’t make a gun shot sound, more a high powered hiss, just saying

I’ve shot firearms with silencers quit a bit, still make some sound more than a hiss.Just sayin! Firearms are my second hobby.

#6862 4 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Then you would know the correct term is a Moderator

Wrong again.. the main stream term is sound suppressor in the firearms world, that is if your aren’t using the term silencer. Maybe different over in your neck of the woods though, can’t speak to that.

Let’s get back to pinball talk

#6869 4 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Yeah, it’s a UK thing

No worries....

Your screen name makes a mighty fine rig...you got one?

#6872 4 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Oh yes.....[quoted image][quoted image]

That is mighty fine looking with that choice of camo!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#6887 4 years ago

Is this the revised transformers machine?

#6888 4 years ago

It has to be WWE or Transformers

#6932 4 years ago

Looks like a regular cabinet with no visible bolt heads.

#6955 4 years ago

$8299?

#6957 4 years ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

Yeah I got the same number from my guy. Must be an amazing pin

not!

#7005 4 years ago

Stern is in a real rut with Elvira, Stanger things and now this a Heavy Metal retread home pin.

Here to hoping they blow it out of the box with Led Zeppelin.

I want to buy a pin and everyone keeps laying turds!

#7009 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer67:

...you forgot IM VE!

Shit...forgot about that!

Yeah they are in a major rut for sure. Wtf!

3 months later
#7725 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Harry Potter is L A M E...and so is Zeppelin imo. The next Stern is most definitely TMNT.

Turtles could possibly be one of the most LAME titles I can think of.

Here’s hoping for Zep!

#7890 3 years ago

So when will we see Led Zep?

#7901 3 years ago

Your right about the band I guess but it is rumored to be next so are we looking at aug or oct is what I’m asking.

#7953 3 years ago
Quoted from LukyDuck:

Godzilla is the code name for their Barney the dinosaur pin. What else would Godzilla be a good code name for? Geeezzzz It is going to have purple armor and is a compliment to their green TNMT pin!

Couple weeks ago one of the usual sources indicated Godzilla was the code name for Led Zep.

#8006 3 years ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

I NEED to know what's next. I want turtles but I honestly think there are some great pins coming.
Zep is not for me.
Jack Danger has stated that he has proposed designs/ideas to stern but thats all he has said
Jacks gots some crazy ingenuity and design skills.
If one of his gets built im in for sure.

I tend to like Steve R games and he’s apparently on Zep and next. Now that it’s a new layout vs a 70/80’s rehash I’m pretty excited for this.

#8009 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

That would be the Heavy Metal contract game that was postponed.

That was a limited run boutique game that was supposed to ship before tmnt.

Next cornerstone is rumored to be aug or oct depending on if it’s a 3/4 game year and how this shutdown set them back.
Seems it didn’t really delay tmnt too much since they are ready to go with pro’s in June.

#8013 3 years ago

Which is why I am saying, Heavy Metal is up next. It will be between TMNT and the next cornerstone.

They should be rolling out any day now as well since they were supposed to be ready for TPF or at least I thought that was their intent.

Wonder how many orders they got for it given the high price.

#8023 3 years ago
Quoted from Midway-Man:

So who is actually next?
Gomez or Ritchie?
I would love to see another game made by George. His two recent games BM66 and DP were received very well. I enjoyed playing those when they were on location here.
But with the next game rumored to be Led Zeppelin I think it actually is Steve turn.
I wonder why no one has mentioned
Grand Theft Auto 5
Money Heist
Minions
I thinks any of those titles would sell well.

Wasn’t Star Wars home edition a Gomez pin too?

I’m pretty sure Steve is up next.

#8042 3 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

I doubt Ritchie is up next. They generally space out his games a little more. Last time two years in between. If the decision was only recently made to make a full Pro/Premium/LE Led Zep instead of reskinning an old classic Stern, then I expect this game no sooner than Christmas or early next year. I hope I am right too; I need time to save for the automatic LE purchase if it does come to fruition.

That decision to go new skin for Zep was last year and Steve has been apparently working on this for quite a while. There was a podcast at least 12-18 months ago where this was somewhat discussed.

It’s coming and the sooner the better!

#8069 3 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

So it's a 90/00/10's rehash instead.

Whatever that is maybe I guess....

I was implying that it wasn’t a retread of seawitch, quicksilver etc...

I’ll take a retread of Iron Maiden with Zep art, music, callouts etc...

#8073 3 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

In that case you need KME to design it. Steve only does Steve layouts. There are two: third flipper, or no third flipper.

Ok make it Black Knight then... good shooter don’t care for the theme. Prefer a new layout though so this exercise is just for fun.

#8091 3 years ago

Goonies would be a must have for me

#8093 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Goonies would be great but there's no way you could get away with not having movie clips and the actors voices .
( have to have Truffle Shuffle mode )

I agree..you see the reunion podcast they did for Covid?

I think they still love what they did in that movie.

#8098 3 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

They sold 100% of what they announced & produced, wich was nothing.
Sheesh, let that game come out before you guys declare it a flop.

It’s the same home edition that has flopped multiple times already. It’s destined to flop at a higher price.

#8110 3 years ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

Yet, people are clamoring for Led Zeppin? I liked Led Zepplin in the 90's... I can't see anyone under 40 having any interest in the game.

I could care less if anyone under 40 likes it..they got their TMNT and I think that title blows now I want my LED Zep! Over 40 turn now!

#8173 3 years ago

I’d take Goonies over BTTF.

#8190 3 years ago
Quoted from LukyDuck:

So after TMNT and Heavy Metal, what are the rumors for the next Stern pin? I don’t recall reading about any other names.

Led Zep

#8193 3 years ago
Quoted from LukyDuck:

I have heard that one thrown around. Do you think it is a solid rumor?

Well, all the guys who seem to be in the know with Stern games have been saying it was after tmnt since last year and is a Steve R game so I’d say it’s about as solid as it gets.

1 week later
#8303 3 years ago

Needs to be something from all era of Bond in my opinion.

1 week later
#8356 3 years ago

Any credible rumors on when this year we may see the long rumored Led Zep pin?

It would be a real kick in the nuts to JJP if they were able to get this out the door before GNR.

#8364 3 years ago

6 more months to this year and you're doubting it will happen? I have no doubt that it will happen this year.

I’m not doubting it just trying to gauge whether we are looking at late summer or sometime in fall.

It’s my next NIB so trying to plan..lol

#8376 3 years ago
Quoted from Dicky:

I’m guessing it will be a music Pin & going with Queen

It isn’t Queen.

#8377 3 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Does anyone know what design team is up next?

Everything I’ve seen points to Steve R with Led Zep theme, not sure of artist. He was apparently well into this theme and design last year according to a podcast that discussed this a bit.

1 week later
#8452 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I think Godzilla is the one that's a code name and is actually just a "giant" pin, not literally Godzilla.
Steve has said Zep is his grail music pin. I don't doubt he got the chance to do it.

I’m hoping this happens soon! Steve R grail theme gonna be killer and been in the works for a while so It should be well developed.

#8482 3 years ago

A proper Rocky Balboa pin from movie 1-5 could be cool with Hogan(thunderlips), Mr T(Clubber Lang) , Carl Weathers(Apollo Creed) Dolph(Ivan Drago) and Tommy Gunn. Some
Great quotes and callouts from Paulie, Mick and the rest of supporting cast through the years.0

#8490 3 years ago
Quoted from Hypercoaster:

I don't know how you all decide Godzilla is a code name. We have it confirmed by both Deeproot and Spooky that Stern has the Toho and Legendary Pictures Godzilla licenses. Charlie even boasted that he knew which designer is doing it. He is not one to lie.

They may have the license but it isn’t next

1 week later
#8522 3 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Any rumors on who is working with Steve on Led Zeppelin? Sure would be nice to have Zombie Yeti art on that one and I would not complain if it was Lyman on the software.

I hope the art is similar in style to Aerosmith

#8531 3 years ago

It’s Zep not Sabbath.

1 week later
#8694 3 years ago

SR Led Zep next and can’t wait as I tend to like his games!

#8733 3 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

you're going to be slightly disappointed then, or happy to save the coin. You are right with SR.

We will see I guess, there are several in the know who claim otherwise.

#8740 3 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

I am hearing it is almost positive to be Led Zep next and it will be a while before release as Stern has back logs to fill.

Likely late Sep/Oct is what I’ve heard.

#8745 3 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

Yep OCTOBER 21st or 26th 2020 would be a great date to celebrate the 35th anniversary of the film, and 30th of the pin.... Or would that be the November 12th release ?
[quoted image]

Definitely don’t need another theme do over machine this year

1 week later
#8768 3 years ago
Quoted from Slogan1111:

I second that comment.

I down for a LE/Premium...can’t wait!

#8770 3 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Watch Led Zepplin be another Rolling Stones

Under rated machine and one thing they did right was 13-14 songs on the machine.

#8781 3 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Something else coming before Zeppelin.....

Is Zeppelin still happening this year though? Your not referring to Heavy Metal coming first?

#8836 3 years ago

Wow...possibly Queen old school style game followed by a new layout Led Zep.
Wasn’t planning on buying two machines to close the year but I may need to if this happens.

#8896 3 years ago

I think it’s going to be a classic Queen and a new layout LZ to close the year out and it’s going to put the hurt on JJP’s GNR.

#8899 3 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

I think it's going to "hurt" MY wallet if Stern releases these rumored pins back to back etc...:
-Led Zeppelin
-Back To The Future Remake
-Tron VE / Tron 82'
-JAWS
-Goonies

To bleed MY wallet with JAWS

Goonies is another that is high on my want list

#8903 3 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

With the rumors of something Marvel related my two guesses are something Infinity Gauntlet-related or Thor. If they make an IG pin and have a mechanism where you collect 6 balls representing the gems and lock it into a gauntlet mechanism that would be beyond awesome!
Could Led Zepellin be a code name for Thor? Immigrant Song and everything?

Don’t think that is the case given how long Led Zep has been rumored to be in the works for well over a year now in addition to the podcast last year where Steve R said it’s a grail theme for him and hinted strongly it’s coming.

#8924 3 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:Elwin is killing it for Stern.
Makes sense next cornerstone is his.
I guess Led Zep got delayed.

Well one of the guys in here who is usually 99.99% correct at what’s coming said a few pages ago that Zep is coming this year but there maybe something else before it.

Does that mean it’s delayed? Who knows could be Queen/quicksilver remake or something else but he did say LZ is a cornerstone.

#8939 3 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

I dunno if it's getting bumped so much as he averages one Stern game every 18 months withOUT a pandemic, and it's only been 16 months since BK3.

Zep was rumored all along for expo 2020 which is Oct so wouldn’t that be spot on for the 18 months? Stern also hasn’t really seemed to have slowed down too much either by the pandemic even though there was a stoppage at the factory

#8972 3 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

I've been hearing rumors it's another Elwin game for at least a couple months now, from multiple people. I'm surprised visiting this thread that only now is that rumor appearing. I guess simply because it's only been a year since JP3, but I won't be too shocked if he does pull it off, I'm sure he's got a lot of ideas and designs in his head at least.
edit: And just to bring back the Jaws rumor... From TWIP:
Keith Elwin shared an image of the TWIPYs his games have won, along with the caption “Gonna Need a Bigger Shelf”…hopefully that means we’ll see something from him soon!

Interesting, it’s shark week as well.

#9009 3 years ago

All these hints occurring during Shark Week 2020 can’t be coincidence.

#9013 3 years ago
Quoted from Chet_Hardbody:

Is Shark Week a federally recognized holiday?

Nope but it does occur every year with a shit ton of Jaws on tv and we are talking Jaws correct?

#9072 3 years ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

If Zeppelin is not next does any one have an idea of when it will come out.

mnpinball said a few pages back that there is something before LZ. I took that to mean 1 machine and he is usually 99.99% spot on.

I want LZ like now!

#9091 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

I dunno shit but I am a gambling man so my $ is on Stern :Re runs BM66,EHOH,IMDN,JP Jaws then Zeppelin or Queen (something is going on w LZ) , JJP: Re run Wonka,Pirates,WOZRR then GnR and TS (either order wouldn’t be surprised if new album holding this up ) ...I’m really looking forward to seeing what spooky is coming out with next they seemed to have upped theyre game !!

Only thing going on with LZ is I’m guessing they want that launched as close to GNR as possible to steal JJP thunder.

2 weeks later
#9414 3 years ago

I’m still hearing LZ is coming and sooner rather than later.
This kind of makes me doubt the Queen rumor as I can’t see them doing back to back music pins unless one is a re themed classic or a Kapow title.

I don’t doubt they will try to launch a music pin to coincide with JJP GNR.

#9439 3 years ago

Godzilla or another Marvel pin is easy pass for me!

Bring on LZ! Kings of Rock!

#9440 3 years ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

9000+ posts on what the next Stern will be... Stern sure got us by the (pin)balls!!

No shit..a bunch of nothing about nothing!

#9489 3 years ago

So, Kaneda still going with Queen.
The only way that makes sense is if it is a Quicksilver re-theme.
Avengers is a strange one - that would be a surprise for sure.
Jaws - pretty sure that is not happening.

Quoted from John1210:

It was posted on here that it was a quicksilver remake queen theme a lot longer than 23 hrs ago buddy. Bit on the slow side if you think this is breaking news

If Queen is a quicksilver remake it won’t be a cornerstone.

#9491 3 years ago
Quoted from Dicky:

I heard the next release is a cornerstone

Well that is interesting then if it’s a remake and there was supposed to be another in the fall sometime around Expo.

#9521 3 years ago
Quoted from heyitsjoebob:

We should be close to a Steve Richie again right? Do you think he'd get put on a Marvel?

He is on LZ.

#9560 3 years ago

So the next title rumor has now morphed into Stern bought a competitor?

Only company I could ever see them trying to buy would be JJP.

#9584 3 years ago

Is it a home edition again?

#9717 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Seems like LZ was a code name for Avengers, since LZ Immigrant song was used in movie.

That’s grasping at straws, LZ is coming and all the usual suspects at calling it have said so.

#9836 3 years ago

mnpinball said there was something before LZ and is usually spot on...so is LZ next now?

#9932 3 years ago

You all really mean Led Zep don’t you?

#9949 3 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

I'd be down with that !

Yeah I’d like a kick ass 007 pin that covers a little bit of all eras.

Don’t care if it’s a Kapow pin with a high price tag, it’s the only way to due the theme justice and I’d be in for one.

#9963 3 years ago

Looks cool and nice to see some new stuff but the theme kills it for me. I’ll give it a go on location someday.

#9976 3 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Nah, there is another cornerstone this year.

I’m almost certain we will see the next one before Thanksgiving and possibly even before 11/1.

#10023 3 years ago

Wow...so now we might be looking at a Bond Kapow machine and LZ this year yet?

If Kapow does do Bond you can almost guarantee it will be a all encompassing Of Bond. Something from every era and would make no sense to focus on just one actor.

#10025 3 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I imagine it would look like whatever a Bond slot machine looks like

There are 6 different ones and I believe are based Connery, Moore, Brosnan and Craig movies.

Talk all the slot assets and put them into a pin and I’d be happy with it, 6 very good movies.

#10037 3 years ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

Give me a small shout out for Dalton and Lazenby. I will take a horrible piece of plastic somewhere...LOL.

Lol...I would hope the machine would have them all but the 007 slot machines are based on the following movies.
Thunderball,Goldfinger,Diamonds are Forever,Live and Let Die,Tomorrow Never Dies and Casino Royale.

Hopefully they aren’t limited to these but it’s not a bad 6 films.

#10136 3 years ago
Quoted from brickbuilder14:

It's going to be Back to the Future! Joe Kaminkow was on a podcast 7 months ago and dropped the news. He designed the original BTTF for Data East which is now owned by Stern. He last designed Beatles and Batman 66. I can't wait! Should be incredible!
[quoted image]

Won’t be BTTF, the latest Kapow rumors I’ve heard point to Bond and the next Stern cornerstone title LZ. Who knows though..

1 week later
#10173 3 years ago

When is LZ happening, Still on track to be next?

#10208 3 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

Is Zeppelin a cornerstone or possibly a studio/Kapow title? To me that has a bit of that Batman/Beatles feel to it. Give Steve Ritchie the shot at a game with the higher BoM for a theme he loves.

Pretty sure it is slated to be a cornerstone title

#10218 3 years ago

Anyone think another game is announced to coincide when Expo was scheduled in October?

#10222 3 years ago

There has been some chatter that TMNT was off schedule due to factory closure and Avengers has them back on track.
If I’m not mistaken Expo was originally supposed to be a announce/launch and thought someone in the know stated this on a podcast early in year.
There have also been rumors of 2 more games this year, one cornerstone and a studio release or whatever they are calling them.

I’m wanting LZ but hoping GNR doesn’t steal my cash in the meantime!

#10243 3 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I was playing some Beatles the other day thinking that people who don't want a modern Quicksilver are being silly.

I agree, only thing I can complain about is the price would need to be lower.

#10245 3 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I think if Stern really wanted, they could turn the Beatles layout into a home pin that could be successful. Lose the magnets, take out the motor to the spinning disc and making it a spinning plate like the Avengers Pro, and trim a few corners on controllable coil counts like having the slings fire together, all the drops reset at once, and lose staged flipping. Put on a cheaper license, a nice art package, and people can enjoy a fun layout with simple objectives.

LZ on a quicksilver at pro pricing was what I was suggesting would be potentially good. Otherwise I want a full new layout like avengers for the LZ machine.

#10257 3 years ago

Zepp and Bond for me and doesn’t matter which one first.

1 week later
#10343 3 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

If assumptions are correct, it appears that DeepRoot might have the Goonies license.

If they could just get a damn machine built already. If they do have the license this should have been planned to be the first one off the line, it would sell for sure. Always thought this would have been a good one for JJP to make.

#10376 3 years ago

Ok Stern we have now seen JJP’s GNR, when will we see Led Zepp? I need to decide!

#10378 3 years ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

If you like paying a premium price for a stripped down game GnR is for you!

I prefer a LZ machine if it’s coming.

#10385 3 years ago

I love my Stern music pins but the detail and thought that have gone into GnR is incredible.
I can't imagine another music pin being as good.
The immersion factor is going to be crazy.

Yeah the GNR looks good, hopefully Stern brings it with LZ and soon, steal some of that thunder.

#10414 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

I think with the release of GnR a Led Zepplin pin may be pushed back and something non-Rock pushed forward.

LZ has to almost be done if not already if they were rolling it out within the next month or two as has been reported.

If it’s 75% of what GNR is and not a multi ball festival I will consider it a success. Doesn’t hurt that the music is better too!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#10457 3 years ago
Quoted from Lrrr:

Yep. Another difference is that GnR popular songs are some of their best, and LZ popular songs are some of their worst, (or we have just heard them so many times that they make our ears bleed.) Stairway to Heaven, Black Dog, Whole Lotta Love. Please let me never hear them again.

Unfortunately the same can be said about any artist that had popular hits that were over played on FM radio or Sirius XM.

#10460 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I'll accept that challenge: I would love me a JAWS pin! Now we just need 65 more...

LZ must come first!

#10463 3 years ago
Quoted from Dicky:

Wonder if Led Zeppelin is actually code name for something else ?

Don’t think so

#10496 3 years ago
Quoted from Hawks:

Sterns next is apparently Queen, 2 weeks till reveal
Not Led Zeppelin

Highly unlikely.

#10574 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Kapow Queen. Not a retheme, original game. Rumour from Kman

Maybe next year after LZ.

#10611 3 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Jason is John Bonham’s son and he played with Led Zeppelin after his father’s death.

I like your thinking!

#10637 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Watched Goonies for the first time on the weekend. Or should I say, tried to watch it....honestly couldn’t finish it. Terrible movie that has not aged well at all. I get there is nostalgia if you watched it as a kid, but I think DR is barking up the wrong tree with this one. Was likely a cheap license.

Pretty popular here in the US with a big following. Can I see them selling 5000 Goonies pinball machines, probably not but if it is more like the Spooky model where they make only 500-1000 units it will absolutely sell out. I’d be buying one myself, love the movie.

#10674 3 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

Led Zepplin by Stern is rumored by Ritchie. No surprise there. I am betting the big surprise might be the artist .... Christopher Franchi. No proof and pure speculation but I thought it was interesting that a copy of Led Zepplin by Led Zepplin an official Illustrative Art Book was in Franchi’s media collection. Was looking at his Pinball Swami poster work and stumbled upon a recent posted pic of his dog Barlow. Definitely would be very useful if you were doing the art for a new Stern pin . Pure speculation but would be awesome if true![quoted image][quoted image]

Wish they would announce this already, pretty stoked for it!

2 weeks later
#10906 3 years ago

LZ next or what? I need a new machine!

#10911 3 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

Elwin or Lyman on BTTF would be an automatic buy.

Good thing it’s SR on LZ next!

#10918 3 years ago

Soon I hope

#10949 3 years ago

Me too..I need a new pin and I think I’m passing on GNR.

#10953 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Any truth to Kanedas speculation of a Led Zeppelin announcement coming this Friday? I feel like Kapow BTTF should be the holiday announcement. Hmmmm

Where did he say this?

#10956 3 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Even Kaneda would say it isn‘t true because he didn‘t say that.
He said he heard it‘s ready to go on the line by the end of this week but will be announced in December.
Since Stern made and shipped the overseas games before the game is even announced before, this order of things is not impossible.

If the intent is to have games in homes before the holidays im thinking next two weeks would make sense for announcement.

#10960 3 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Sterns completely fine with announcing December 23rd.

They won’t. Black Friday or sooner is my bet as mentioned above.

#10990 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Happy to hear it’s LZ so I can pass on it. No interest and quite frankly, with all of the recently released great games, I need a break from NIB.
Now watch it be BTTF and I’m back in line!

BTTF is a hard pass for me since you mentioned it, my distro took my info for a LZ LE last night! Can’t wait!

#10991 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

It’s most definitely not a remake...an it’s a 50/50 chance that’s its LZ

Where is @ mnpinball ehen you need him? He would know and said one more before LZ week before AIQ announced. So here we are.

#10995 3 years ago

He has already said LZ is a 3 tier release.
Richie/Sexton.

I was referring to his knowledge of LZ being next, yes he said it’s a 3 tier release and that is a good thing in my opinion although I would have bought either way.

#11000 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

hard pass on BTTF? Not just a pass but hard pass.
My god - there really is a differing opinion on everything.

Quoted from J85M:

There’s always a few crazies amongst the crowd Delt

Of course there is differing opinion, you kidding me? How is it different than saying GNR, LZ or Goonies or any title for that matter is a hard pass.

Nothing wrong with BTTF but there is already an adequate BTTF pin and I prefer to see a theme that hasn’t been made yet.

#11003 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

It was a joke (don’t know if you know what banter is stateside?) of course there’s differing opinions, I have no interest in LZ, then again I wouldn’t get upset and downvote someone if they made a joke about my opinion

Ok I removed

#11004 3 years ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

I don’t think BTTF is actually happening. I think it’s just wishful thinking like Jaws.

I think it will happen at some point just don’t think it’s the next cornerstone from Stern.

Maybe next Kapow game?

#11006 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Sorry if it wasn’t clear it was meant as a light hearted joke, no offence intended, I hate having to put the sarcasm emoji at the end of anything remotely poking the fun at stuff, but I guess I that’s why it’s there

No offense taken

#11019 3 years ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

Lol, I imagined that reply in Darth Vader's voice..!

Lol

#11020 3 years ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

He simply said the existing BTTF was 'adequate', nothing more...

Exactly, adequate is a very loose word, it merely exists isn’t great and isn’t terrible.

#11145 3 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

January is the next date for a pin if they go off of historical numbers... However... I am predicting the following:
Stern announces Star Wars "The Pin!" Comic book edition via teaser this Wednesday, 18 November. Stern follows up this announcement on 2 December with a full featured "Led Zeplin", by Steve Ritchie new original design on 2 December. I say this because of the way 2019 JP and Star Wars announcements went. We were all expecting a Jurassic Park pin but were given the "SW The PIN" news. 2 weeks later they dropped JP.
We shall see.
In any case, got my cash ready to buy what you guys sell to make room for it! My Rick and Morty is on the line too!

Rumor has it that LZ was supposed to hit the line this past Friday.

#11148 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Supposed to... has there been a delay?
Would be great to see LZ finally released for all those that have been patiently waiting.

Haven’t heard anything about a delay.

#11150 3 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

LZ, no thanks, like the band and music but not for pinball. BTTF all the way!

It’s about as fitting as any other music pin to date so bring it on already!

#11166 3 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

LZ Release Timing:
Tomorrow or early December?
If not tomorrow, probably not any later in November, correct? Tuesday is their typical reveal day. Next Tuesday would be too close to Thanksgiving, I assume.
Which week in December did STh drop last year?

I would love for it to be tomorrow!

#11169 3 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

If not LZ, do you have some other theme in mind you think it might be?

He’s been talking Queen but all the other usual in the know claim it’s LZ. We will see I guess.

#11181 3 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I thought Stern was locking that down?

I’ve heard this as well.

#11192 3 years ago
Quoted from NJDevils30:

Well. Just announced by Stern is the Star Wars Comic Art “Pin”. Does this count as Stern’s next pinball release or is this more like a luxury toy?

Nope

#11195 3 years ago

This wasn’t their next release, already been on the line, just new art pkg.

#11198 3 years ago

I said Star Wars "The Pin" for Wednesday teaser and Friday reveal... If they follow the Star Wars "The Pin" / Jurassic Park model, next reveal would be December 2nd. If not, next project reveal would be between 13 and 20 January based on past release intervals.

What can they possible reveal other than the art, Star Wars “the pin” has been out and available for quite a while already.

#11201 3 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

You say that as if most of the planet is familiar with this product.

No, just the world of pinside but the release announcement is pretty much identical to the original dating back to 2019 when it was first launched.

#11206 3 years ago

I said Star Wars "The Pin" for Wednesday teaser and Friday reveal... If they follow the Star Wars "The Pin" / Jurassic Park model, next reveal would be December 2nd. If not, next project reveal would be between 13 and 20 January based on past release intervals.

The other relevant timeline is SR seems to design a game for release every 18 -20 months and we are well within that and closer to 20 months come December.

#11256 3 years ago

LZ!!!!bring it Stern!

#11309 3 years ago

Can you say too much on your hands?

What a stretch..lol

#11315 3 years ago

mnpinball hasn't commented in a while, could use his opinion now.

My money is still on LZ, underdog is Bond!

1 week later
#11441 3 years ago

There is really only one rumor that has some meat to it and that is LZ.

Everything else is dreams and noise.

#11488 3 years ago

What’s the word? LZ tomorrow?

#11490 3 years ago

Just like BTTF, another game with no real credible rumor. Queen wouldn’t be bad though.

#11494 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Led Zeppelin 4’s 50th anniversary is sometime between December and February ....just saying

Stern doesn’t ever time anything with anniversary’s.

#11498 3 years ago
Quoted from ant68:

I'm thinking Queen also !

Thinking or dreaming?

#11504 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

i really hope this music pin is indeed Queen. Id love a queen pin if they got good assets.

Stern would Probably get the assets from the movie from a couple years back.

#11506 3 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Stern would not be smart to introduce a game now. Between the stupid 25% tax on Europe imports and the huge backlog they already have for AIQ, TMNT and Elvira they should just keep pumping them out and release LZ in the spring when hopefully Europe can join the party.

This new game was said to be on the line like 2-3 weeks ago so if true it would not make sense to wait until spring.

#11510 3 years ago
Quoted from StrangeSubset1:

So Stern's website only talks about Heavy Metal in full production now. Is that it?

No and it isn’t the Star Wars home pin either.

They have several lines and whatever the new one is was reportedly on the line 2-3 Friday’s ago. That is what the usual few in the know reported anyhow.

#11551 3 years ago

I think with the exception of the Beatles, music licensing isn’t as costly as one would think compared to all the mega franchise themes. Could very well be one of the reasons why mfg’s keep churning out music pins along with the fact they tend to do well on location.

#11559 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

First I heard of this...where is this info from?

I recall hearing this on the Kapow podcast that was a deep dive into the making of the Beatles.

#11572 3 years ago

I think we will know something by 12/15.

#11574 3 years ago

Based off of their previous time between releases, the next Stern Pin is due out 17 January. I give it a 95% chance the next pin is revealed in the next 45 days.

I’m still going with sometime this month because their stated goal is 3 cornerstone titles per year and 2020 was a slow start due to COVID, nothing from 12/19 - 5/20.

Considering a couple sources claimed this new title went on the line the first Friday of November it would seem like mid January would be a long time to sit on games at their production rate.

Just guessing and hoping though!

#11576 3 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

I wonder what the status is of their 5000 game backlog. I'd imagine they are working on getting as many backlog games built before taking orders of a new title.

Aren’t they always backlogged with dealer orders? I kind of thought that was what Gary implied on podcast.
With multiple production lines and their production rates where they are it isn’t a crazy amount. What is their current rate, 50-100 games a day?
Heck, in addition to all the dealer orders for their regular games they throw Heavy Metal and a different Home edition pin into the mix and seem to be doing fine keeping up.

#11578 3 years ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

Well they apparently haven't built any Star Wars pro machines in the last 4 months as I am still waiting for one.

They rotate their line frequently through titles in production don’t they? They can’t possibly build all titles simultaneously. I’m sure when Star Wars is back on the re run line it will get 500 units built in a week.

Last time I checked there were still dealers claiming to have some in stock and this may play into when it hits the line again. Been a couple months though.

#11582 3 years ago

Listened to recent Super Awesome Pinball Show of Gary Stern. Best interview of the decade. Gary Stern discusses pertinent issues, gives real stories and shares Stern philosophy. He spoke at length on licenses and copyright issues with knockoff toppers. Gary also mentions DLC, EU tariff and 30 Year Stern book. These statements apply to your question:
Stern has 50 office workers that work from home and 250 factory employees.
Stern produces 70 games a day now and that level was a ramp up to help address the backlog issue.
Stern has a 5000 pin backlog (@22 works days per month, this is just over 3 months. If backlog was run every other week for a week, it would take 6 months to catch up).
Backlog is being worked in and being run in batches of 500 or more.
Stern will be further ramping up factory production because of strong backlog.
Stern wants to continue releasing 3 cornerstones + studio pin + vault per year.
Stern has 3 years worth of licenses under development (@3 cornerstones + studio, times 3-year duration means Stern has 12 licensed pins in active development. Average development cycle is 14 months).
Gary let it slip that Stern has already delayed a few titles this year, and then nothing more about what that means. Is Stern focusing on building AIQ and backlog perhaps? Is LZ being pushed to Jan ??? Is BTTF is pushed until May? The most amazing thing, was that Stern’s 75 year old CEO, Gary Stern, is aware and highly engaged in all aspects of Stern and the pinball industry.

The delayed titles this year were from what I gather Turtles was supposed to be mar/apr and AiQ mid/late summer. Ended up being May and Sept respectively. Turtles was a big delay.

Would be interesting to know of the 5000 games on back log, how many are actually already ordered by customer(us) and how many are ordered for dealer inventory and remain to be sold to the end user.

#11584 3 years ago

I wonder how Stern’s factory is laid out after covid shutdown. If there is only one main line and space is available, why doesn't Stern set up a second line and increase output by 50% to 100 per day?

I thought they had at least 2 maybe 3 lines running currently, may have been mentioned on one of the podcasts a few months back.

#11648 3 years ago
Quoted from Diamond:

Jack Osborne was seen checking into a hotel near the Chicago Mag mile last night. What if Zeppelin has been code for an Ozzy Osborne pin this entire time?

Nah

#11653 3 years ago
9D1B3E47-B281-4463-8603-EF297CC04440 (resized).jpeg9D1B3E47-B281-4463-8603-EF297CC04440 (resized).jpeg
#11661 3 years ago
Quoted from V8haha:

Will we hear something today?

I really hope so, sick of waiting and I really need a new pin..lol

#11686 3 years ago

Nope

#11710 3 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Looking at the backorder schedule, they don't have anything listed for the January build. To me, seems like a new title is slated to be slid in during Jan.
[quoted image]

If the new game was on the line first Friday of November like it was rumored to be this chart supports it. Pros shipping before Xmas then LE and Premium to follow after holidays through Jan and a line change at some point in FEB for the re-runs of back orders.

#11727 3 years ago
Quoted from BallPin:

No spoilers lol! But I thought for sure it would be released soon, so we will see...I will say the machine I saw was not Led Zeppelin, I would love to tell you. Yet i don't want to spoil it. I will say this, after seeing the machine, I thought releasing it around now would of been perfect timing.

If you want people to respect your info and predictions spit it out and say what you think is next? If your right then great you’ll gain some traction here if not then tough shit.

The two people that I listen to and are usually correct say it’s LZ but who really knows...

#11729 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Awwh! Don't be so hard on Kaneda. Almost all the Zeppelin albums were released in the fall and winter, so he's correct in saying that releasing it right around now WOULD be perfect timing. [quoted image]

Lol..I hope your right! Been waiting on this SOB for a while!
If it isn’t LZ I need to move on to something else.

#11774 3 years ago

Godzilla,
It's going to be Godzilla.
I sourced the reasons for my speculation below.
1. It is widely believed that Stern has this specific license. We know that Spooky went after the license and was rebuffed https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/twip-spooky-pinball-no-godzilla-license-franchi-on-munsters-and-or-beatles-pinburgh-stream-when-will-we-see-deadpool-more/. There is heavy speculation Spooky and Stern got in a bidding war over this one, and I think we can all agree Stern has more resources than Spooky https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-godzilla.
2. There have been hints I've seen from supposed insiders, "it's going to be a monster of a game". https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vote-stern-titles-on-backorder-2020#post-6004004 If true, the monster theme would line up perfectly here.
3. Release would line up or would have lined up with original planned release date of new Godzilla movie originally schedule for November 30th, 2020, now releasing in May 2021. https://www.ign.com/articles/godzilla-vs-kong-hbo-max-streaming-option-after-netflix-failed-offer. This changed release date did not occur until June. I don't know how long the supply chain is in Pinball manufacturing, but Stern may have already been committed to ordering parts for production by this time.
4. Stern has a solid history of building pinball machines previously licensed by it’s ancestor companies, Data East and Sega. It has built Jurassic Park, Batman, Star Wars, Simpsons, Star Trek, Star Wars, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, WWF https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_games_released_by_Data_East https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Sega_Pinball_machines There was a Sega Godzilla machine released in 1998. https://pinside.com/pinball/machine/godzilla
For these reasons I'm guessing it is going to be Godzilla. Not only do we "know" Stern has this license, but there have been hints from supposed insiders that its a monster game, and the timeline lines up with the original release of an accompanying movie.
[quoted image]

I think Godzilla is coming but not next. Maybe first or second release of 2021.

SR is up to bat on this next game as well.

#11786 3 years ago
Quoted from StoneyCreek:

Totally agree with this. If you have it in your home, you’ll play it. It’s a difficult game to score on reliably. But it’s fast, fun, and frustrating. Sure it was a redesigned 90’s pin, but very well redesigned. It is also easy to find one now for 6K....call your distributor.

You mean redesigned pin from 1980 correct?

#11799 3 years ago

Hell yeah!

#11834 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Teaser video today? That’s usually how Stern operates.

Deadflip stream last night claimed Today will be a good day...teaser? Perhaps announcement?

#11839 3 years ago

What if it's Zeplin AND Ozzy?
I have no supporting evidence to support this (and I still think it's Godzilla), but what if rumors' of a Led Zeplin AND an Ozzy pin were both true and Stern released them at the same time, with one as a re-skin of the other? Family Guy and Shrek were re-skins of the same game. I am assuming that the lift for manufacturing 2 games with an (almost) identical layout but using the same mechs would drastically simplify their manufacturing process. Economies of scale could be taken advantage of. Really, other than art, animation, and sculpts what would have to be different between the two?
Just a thought.

Someone did float the two game release idea this week so who knows. Sure would make many of us happy!

#11844 3 years ago

Fuck yeah! I need a little more than that though.

#11846 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

It’s going to be a long ass weekend

Sure is, I’m just glad it’s confirmed and I can now forget about buying a GNR for the time being.

#11847 3 years ago

So when do the usual photos get leaked?

Will there be another teaser today of LZ?

#11854 3 years ago

My thoughts exactly of the last 3, time for a good one.

#11856 3 years ago

Stern and LZ machine just got a serious plug on 102.9 here in Philly, local classic rock channel.

#11863 3 years ago

I’d like to see the art package

#11870 3 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Tim is good but some BKSOR owners feel it lacks some polish. Hope he come through big time on LZ.

I think music pins in general give you a bit more to work with as far as coding ideas etc...so I confident it will be good.

#11875 3 years ago
Quoted from sunnRAT:

Well, now that you guys know the next Stern pin, you can finally start discussing the NEXT Stern pin.

Ok - I’m going with Bond or Godzilla

#11888 3 years ago
Quoted from EMDude:

Hopefully Stairway will be omitted as Dream On was on Aero

I think it could be used for an attract mode or game over type of song.

My gut is telling me there will be a ramp that raises up out of playfield as the stairway to heaven. Kind of hard to imagine not having that, almost too easy to envision.

#11896 3 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

I have to agree about Stairway to Heaven. Their biggest song but I don't see it working for pinball. So I hope they leave it out. Besides, how's a ball gonna travel up a stairway?

It’s called a ramp with a sticker that resembles a stairway.
I agree with the sentiment that it may not be a great pinball shooting song but with the idea of a toy staircase it’s hard to not see them doing this.

Shit, maybe it’s something that only happens as a wizard mode but to have a mech/toy that only gets used in that scenario would be odd.

#11898 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Like an exploding Death Star?

Yeah, good example and it does it in two wizard modes.

#11915 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

What about an ball carrying escalator to heaven that is called a stairway?

Magnetic?

#11937 3 years ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

You didn’t read what I said above. I said this isn’t a good title for locations because most of the people playing on location are young. I didn’t say the game wouldn’t sell well. I’m sure there will be thousands of them tucked away in basements all across the country where no one will see them. All of that was to say that I’m sure the **next** stern pin will have a broader appeal.

This game will do just fine on location, almost a guarantee. It would have to be a bloody f’ing dud to not.

#11943 3 years ago
Quoted from ultimategameroom:

If I could have a beer with a pinsider of my choice it would definitely be mnpinball.
He seems to have a crystal ball and is always correct. Who is he ????

Yeah..no kidding! Only dude I listen to regarding predictions.

#11952 3 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Who will have the first LZ playfield chip? Could you win the lottery?

JJP

#11960 3 years ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

It depends. Maiden has been my best performing pin while Aerosmith was a total clunker. I think it all comes down to fun factor in the end. It's not the initial quarter drop that makes money its the return quarters that make or break a game on location. I'm not pointing fingers either but a year ago the old guard absolutely ripped Stranger Things to shreds and it's one of my favorite games in my collection. So I guess what goes around comes around. Again, wish my dad cared about pinball because I'd love the excuse to buy it. Same way I feel about Hot Wheels. If I had kids I would have taken that as a good enough excuse.

Not sure what your definition of old is or what kind of locations your games are in but you don’t need to be 50+ to enjoy LZ or classic rock in general.
I guess if your rock n roll machines are sitting at chuckie cheese then they may not do well.

#11993 3 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

I can’t even speculate what will be the difference from pro to premium. Trying to visualize some toys and layout that is inspired from the album covers or songs but just can’t for the life of me. At least cool ones like the hells bell, molded train, and TNT detonator in AC/DC. A stairway to heaven just seems lane imo. Or a Misty Mountain.

There will surely be a Zeppelin/Mothership Blimp toy right?

#12007 3 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

I just cannot see Plant doing call outs for Zep.
So is that going to leave Ritchie?
The art needs to be on point as the album art over their era wasn’t great to be honest.
If this doesn’t have the full assets and at least 15 song titles then I’m afraid Peeps will compare it to GnR and dump on it.

I can see Plant/Page doing the call outs, if they were paid of course. Those two are always doing interviews and PR appearances. Really boils down to do whether or not Stern went this route?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

Machine - For Sale
Charlotte, NC
9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Walnutport, PA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Sherrill, NY
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 25.00
$ 145.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 89.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 79.99
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
339 posts in this topic match your search for posts by psw757. You are on page 1 of 2.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider psw757.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine?tu=psw757 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.