Topic Stats

• 5,622 posts
  • 750 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 hours ago by Aniraf
  • Topic is favorited by 123 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 570 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Screenshot_20191112-180538_Google (resized).jpg
11173933_800[1] (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
94A70925-0E74-49DB-98B0-21ECB105AED1 (resized).jpeg
38917493745_6778c812ce_b (resized).jpg
JAWS_STERN-POSTERV2 (resized).png
TY0161200_pinball_2__92529.1570715153 (resized).jpg
EA31EE09-FCED-484D-B280-ECDAD5CB3F5B (resized).png
STHINGSPin (resized).jpg
9D5B11D7-4999-4601-B83A-7E0B259EAA00 (resized).jpeg
65A89B62-64F9-4251-9AA4-7BF4D70D2632 (resized).jpeg
4631D935-D809-4E6B-AE80-8005D85239F8 (resized).jpeg
FA2F78D8-47CF-419C-B898-34654584E89E (resized).jpeg
49E9F61E-D993-46E7-B3DE-461D277C39C6.jpeg
FFD63AB7-3081-45B8-974A-39FB1EBB8327.jpeg
CBCD83D5-4066-489E-99BB-01A98138892F.jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinzap.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#912 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Wouldn't the licensing be for the GOTG film and all it's content? Disney obviously licenced everything for the film so would that not put all the music under the same umbrella?

Doesn't work that way. Disney wouldn't have the right to transfer the license for each song to a third party. Would have to be relicensed from the original artist (or record company depending on who owns the rights). Even actors in the movies have to generally sign off on their likenesses being used.

3 months later
#1239 1 year ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

Is it not feasible they just remove or move some JT signature stuff, for example the Trudea gap, and remove his name from the design and just slap Stern Team on it?

Gonna go out on a limb and guess that even though he was most likely acting as an employee, if they use his work with minor changes, they might be opening themselves up for future litigation about profit sharing depending on what his employment contract said (if he had one). Of course, complete speculation, but if I were Stern (or any other business), his design would go in the incinerator and start fresh even if he had zero rights of any future claims. Not to mention the fact that the licensee (Iron Maiden or their agents) would have a cow if it were ever traced back to JT with minor changes. Wouldn't exactly be a shining star for their image/license.

2 weeks later
#1306 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

They managed to do The Walking Dead properly, dots where awesome and very graphic, artwork packages are not exactly family friendly either, other than the bad hillbilly voice, I think Stern knocked TWD out of the park.
If they take the same approach with Deadpool, graphic but playful graphics on the LCD with the movie footage or fully re drawn screens, get the humour right from the films and some of the comics it would be great, Stern can do this theme justice, but yeah they could always f**k it up too, but TWD shows they are more than capable of doing it justice.

While I tend to agree with you in spirit, please keep in mind that The Walking Dead tv show is rated TV-14 and Deadpool movie is rated R (17 and over in US). There’s a lot more content that makes Deadpool who he is that would have to be censored. Would still like to see it though... and then wait for Cleland’s or other sound files to install.

2 months later
#2030 1 year ago

Marketing 101... don’t share the stage when you can have it all to yourself.

EDIT: original reference to CES was invalid... Oops.

#2032 1 year ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

I can't think of any time during the modern era where Apple has been at CES.

You are absolutely correct and I should have said Macworld.

1 month later
#2265 1 year ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Who is doing the art on Deadpool?

I would bet Franchi... but what do I know?

Edit: And once again it's shown that I'm terrible at betting!!

1 year later
#4208 3 months ago
Quoted from wlf_:

Pinburgh/ ReplayFX happen to be in less than 2 weeks... 10 bucks (in quarters) says that's when the next cornerstone gets unveiled...
Elwin, the Sharpes, Sexton, literally everyone from Stern and the competition scene are already gonna be there, show us that new pin!

Jacob... I’ll take that bet (if you’re serious). I’ll be at Pinburgh and I see that you’re on the players list as well. We can settle up on Saturday or Sunday.

#4211 3 months ago
Quoted from wlf_:

Hahahahaha, you're on, totally! I'm probably wrong, but it's not the worst bet I've made (that honor goes to signing the papers of my former marriage) so we dont run afoul of any "rules," let's say it is for 10 dollar play money, but if the loser happens to "drop" 10 bucks at Replay and the winner happens to find said 10 bucks, so it goes!

Sounds good. And I could definitely be wrong (as I usually am)... but I’m guessing it will be revealed BEFORE then. If you’re game, we can modify the bet so that if I’m right you owe me $10... if it’s revealed at Replay, I owe you $10... and if it’s after Replay we can consider it a push. And by revealed, I mean officially announced (not just the first show where it’s present).

BTW: I lost the former marriage bet as well... so our track record is even.

#4314 3 months ago
Quoted from wlf_:Sounds fair. Revealed after is a push. Ya, that was my realization too, you got a good chance of winning by it being announced in advanced for sure.
I guess it's a win-win if one of us loses, then at least theres been a new game announced!

wlf_ ... Looks like I was a bit more right on this one than my first marriage bet. I'm going into Pinburgh up $10 now... sweet. Now, should I head over to that mybookie site to see how quickly I can lose it?

And you're right... it's a win-win because we get to play the pro (supposedly) at ReplayFX.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 86.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
$ 47.00
Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
Machine - For Sale
San Mateo, CA
$ 218.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinzap.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside