20240423_100718 (resized).jpg
20240423_100723 (resized).jpg
Whoa (resized).jpg
51AE3C41-1E6E-417B-B0FC-EAF0D317F2BB.gif
vince-neil-is-upset (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #33984 Stern's new factory information Posted by Grantman (1 year ago)

Post #36014 TRAILER: Foo Fighters Pin teaser trailer Posted by Yoko2una (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pch3727.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#24432 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Connery model features a woman bash toy?
I love Bond and agree Connery was the best but he unfortunately alienated many with his personal views.
Many Bonds, modern Bond or a generic Bond world theme maybe but I don't see a Connery exclusive theme being as marketable.

I think he alienated a few people looking to get mad at something from 60 years ago.

A Connery exclusive pin could potentially set records

#24434 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

34yrs but the point was pinball is already a pretty male-sentric hobby. Old men at that. Those "few people" (women) are half the world man. Connery also hasn't made movie in over dozen years. Young people have no clue who he is.
[quoted image]

My point is he made approximately 20 movies between 1987 and his death. A lot of those films were huge hits. I don’t think people were as offended as you think.

Young people (sub 30) aren’t generally in the pinball market either.

#24443 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Never said I didn't like Connery Bond or anything. I'm speaking from a marketing stand point. Nobody under 40 would care about the game and many (more than usual at least lol) women would decide to take a pass on a game with the man's mug on it. Sorry you don't see bigger pictures in your hobby bubble :p
[quoted image]

I'm 32 and think Connery is the best Bond and very much care about the rumored pin. I have multiple friends who agree with me. My wife also loves the old Bond movies and couldn't care less what Connery said in 1987. She just knows that he is the original Bond.

I would bet decent money that the vast majority of the people (male or female) that are in the buying market for a Bond pin could care less what Connery said in 1987. I think a Connery centric pin would sell extremely well.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#24464 2 years ago
Quoted from Ty-Arnold:

Why is everyone so sure Bond is the next Stern?

The speculation is Bond will be mid to late 2022.

#24470 2 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

Submarine themed pinball anyone?[quoted image]

Hunt for Red October would be awesome.

Also The Rock would be a blast. Nic Cage, Ed Harris, and Sean Connery callouts… take my money.

1 week later
#24734 2 years ago
Quoted from dzmechanical:

The DAD rock bands, a lot of them are still touring and filling up stadiums.....
I don't think Justin Bieber could fill a stadium.....

He sells out stadiums multiple nights...

1 week later
#25075 2 years ago
Quoted from jpd632:

Damn, has pokemon been around that long? I'm 40 and I dont remember it being a thing till I worked retail in college.

You just missed the beginning of the wave. Everyone around 35 or younger has had some form of pokemon in their pop culture. My 8 year old son has watched every minute of available pokemon content on Netflix and collects cards just like I did 30 years ago. The longevity of the franchise is amazing. I'm pretty sure it is the highest grossing franchise across all media/entertainment.

#25194 2 years ago
Quoted from kool1:

I have two teenagers now.
TMNT / Transformers is another era - not saying the odd kid doesn't like their dad's toys but it's not mainstream anymore.

There have been two versions of TMNT cartoons in the last 5 years, both actively marketed to kids on nickelodeon. Plus the two live action movies. Transformers toys and cartoons are still huge with kids (multiple series on netflix). They are not just nostalgia franchises, they are both actively popular with children today.

3 months later
#26953 1 year ago

Daft Punk would fall into the musical genius category. If they’re garbage than the industry should shut it all down.

Doesn’t mean you have to like their music but they are masters of their craft. And would make a great theme for a pinball machine.

1 month later
#27734 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

One must only paint something in a good light if it is actually rooted in darkness, right? Otherwise…why paint it at all? What would be the purpose? No one would be compelled to paint the Girl Scouts in a good light right? Anyway, class over. Enjoy your pins and I’ll do the same.

I dont't know... maybe to entertain. You must be a blast on the 4th of July.

1 month later
#29301 1 year ago
Quoted from Rizmo:

Who would of thought the next title was The Punisher

Dolph Lundgren Punisher hopefully

2 weeks later
#30065 1 year ago
Quoted from ripit:

great input from someone with no machines

Yeah you gotta own land to be able to vote!

You realize anyone can claim to own a machine? There's no verification. Your 17 are just as valid as him having zero.

#30520 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Halloween rules. New code is great and those weaker animations are just placeholders. There’s a new studio working on animations now that will be included in the October update. If you don’t like John Carpenters synth score well…embarrassing for you haha. Shits classic.

People have opinions. Let it go. All of pinside knows you love your Halloween and your opinions are more valid than everyone else. Go to the Spooky thread or start discussing Stern again.

#30909 1 year ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

except that Godzilla did not have scenes with slaves working in high end hotels (usually black) acting as servants of the powers that be (mostly always white) neither have sexist jokes and other sexual innuendo. Godzilla was for kids, it is campy and ridiculous and it is fun whereas Bond is just a dated version of our society that is better left behind.

So a paid employee at a hotel working as a bellhop or waiter... super racist.

#30919 1 year ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

If you watch the movies without an entitlement mentality and pay attention you will see it, the mannerism and the dialogues, and how often these people in the film are depicted as 'not as bright' as the white man in the suit.. We will leave it at that. I think this topic has gone far enough.
And the fact that you are trying to call me out as racist for pointing out a racist time in history, is quite ridiculous.
let's move on now, cheers.

No one has called you racist. Just responding to your claims about slavery in the hotel industry. Can you recommend a book for me to read? I'd love to learn more on the topic.

#31451 1 year ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

How many 30-60 year old's are going to buy a Pokemon machine? ...Wait DONT answer that, I don't want to know.

Pokemon started in the late 90's, so people that are now 30ish were the original demo. Also, Pokemon never left the mainstream. It would be a HUGE game if ever made.

#31631 1 year ago
Quoted from jpd632:

Ohhhh using cool pro wrestling carny talk super edgey. You must be "IN the Business". Theres nothing markyer than a non wrestler using wrestler lingo.
[quoted image]

The trolling is strong this morning. No pokemon and no wrestling. Anything else we can't do?

#31644 1 year ago
Quoted from jpd632:

Good for you man. I found some of your shit.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Can you increase your image sizes? Can't see them very well...

#31653 1 year ago
Quoted from jpd632:

Keep it kayfabe, It’s a double blue Jay. Im working the marks into a shoot so we double the house and go to the pay window. Might have to swerve the promoter.

You have go away heat right now

#31672 1 year ago

Sadness...

3 weeks later
#33118 1 year ago

Thought something got leaked or announced overnight.... NOPE just someone complaining about the leading pinball manufacturer offering affordable ways for people to play pinball.

#33194 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

It's sad. Those 500 will almost all be in private homes.

If it's up to the distributor to set price, I don't see these moving that fast. Don't think there are 500 people that will pay $15k or $20k for a single level game. Regardless of who designed it. If they do go fast and at close to $20k then hold on, because Stern is for sure going to react for their next new release.

3 weeks later
#33665 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

How do you think Tom DeLonge would feel if a Blink 182 pinball machine was about ufos and chasing big foot? Because a game about UFOs and cryptozoology could be fun

I feel like that would be the only way that he would agree to it. Honestly a blink 182 attack from mars style game would be incredible.

2 months later
#34704 1 year ago
Quoted from NoSkills:

Pokémon isn’t a theme just for kids though. I played Pokémon blue/ red a ton when I was a kid with my brother having blue and myself red. It was released in 1998 here meaning if you played it at release when you were 10, you’re now 34. Young in the pinball owning world but not a kid playing redemption games.
I think people are underestimating the nostalgia some people have for Pokémon and think that Pokémon is a newer franchise than it is. Sure it would be targeting a younger audience than most themes but not just kids.

This exactly! Plus Pokémon never went out of style for kids since 1998. It’s been evergreen for almost 25 years. I get if you are 40+ that you think it’s a dumb kids theme. But if you are 40 and under you’re most likely thinking it’s a no-brainer.

It is the biggest media franchise in the world. It would do just fine in pinball.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 175.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 10.50
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

10,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
JAWS (PREMIUM) Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 16.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Charlotte, NC
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 125.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
PINBALLPICKERS

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 21.50
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pch3727.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine?tu=pch3727 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.