20240423_100718 (resized).jpg
20240423_100723 (resized).jpg
Whoa (resized).jpg
51AE3C41-1E6E-417B-B0FC-EAF0D317F2BB.gif
vince-neil-is-upset (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #33984 Stern's new factory information Posted by Grantman (1 year ago)

Post #36014 TRAILER: Foo Fighters Pin teaser trailer Posted by Yoko2una (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nogoodnames222.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4720 4 years ago

Hey, fairly new to pinball and I've been wondering, where do these 'rumors' come from? I feel like the rumors I've seen in my short time in the hobby have all essentially been fact, new Jurassic Park (well, Jurassic World was the rumor) and new Elvira were more or less official before they were actually announced, and I feel a similar acceptance of TMNT coming soon. Just wondering what the source is and where you guys see this news, as I only ever hear of stuff secondhand in these forums and never know the validity.

Would love Led Zeppelin though, one of few dad-rock bands I'm a big fan of and would go perfect next to my LOTR + Hobbit... That's why I'm asking, don't want to get my hopes too far up.

#4723 4 years ago
Quoted from Atari_Daze:

[quoted image]

Hahahah that's why I ask. In all my other hobbies I immediately dismiss rumors, but the couple I've seen come true in pinball make me wonder where they're coming from, and if there's a way to tell if they (Led Zeppelin in particular) have any merit.

3 weeks later
#5321 4 years ago
Quoted from SadSack:

Didn't you know, you have to target products to people you wish were customers, not your actual customers. Wish in one hand and shit in the other and all that..
The comment you responded to is typical of millennial entitlement - "screw reality, I have feelings."

This is the kind of thinking that kills companies/industries. Ask Harley Davidson how only appealing to the boomers (that represented their primary market for the last 40 years or whatever) is going now.

Pinball could definitely use some more games aimed at the young blood, without fresh customers the hobby will eventually die. The big disconnect here is location players vs home buyers. I'm 26 and own a couple games, and usually play on location 2 or 3 nights a week. I'd say most of the guys actually pumping quarters into games at my local spots are in their 30's. I think Stern has things figured out pretty well though, if they reserve the old-man-only themes (like Elvira + '64 Beatles) for premium/LE pricing, and keep putting out killer pro games (like Deadpool and Jurassic Park) that appeal to a wider audience on location. I just think they could be reaching even further with the 'young' themes.

Also a Daft Punk pin really needs to happen. We've had dozens of classic rock themes, I don't see any reason why Daft Punk would be off the table (and pinball would fit the aesthetic of RAM very well). That'd be a day-1 preorder for me.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#5323 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Daft Punk? Lol really?
I think you miss the point. The classic rock themes are based on rock legends with HUGE fan bases.

Yeah different scales for sure, but Daft Punk is pretty widely known and would attract a different customer than another Guns n Roses, Kiss, etc. Should we have a pin based on the show "Friends" cause it has a huge fan base? Purely going off numbers isn't a great way to choose the next theme IMO. Daft Punk's just a dream theme for me that I think would translate really well to a pin.

#5328 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I guess I just have never met anyone who really cared about Daft Punk. Thats not intended to be an insult...

They've definitely got dedicated fans and have sold millions of albums, not on the scale of a classic rock band (though time + the fact people actually bought albums in the past always skew #'s) but still a very popular band with a large following. I was trying to think of something neutral enough for everyone to agree on, cause it needs to be something that interests the ~40 y/o crowd purchasing home machines along with location players. That's a hard line to walk and obviously the Pinside crowd disagrees with my choice

Okay, I've learned my lesson and now realize numbers are what makes a good pinball theme. Obviously Stern should be snapping up the rights to Gone With The Wind, the best selling movie of all time. Oooh yeah Clark Gable will get the kids lining up.

#5332 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Umm, I thought that was what's happening?

Correct, that's why I said I think they've got this figured out, but they could still use more themes aimed at a younger audience. You cut off the first part of my sentence.

#5334 4 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

I guess it boils down to want an individual wants/likes for it to be considered a 'good theme'.
I think what Stern would consider a good theme would be:
1. Generally liked by most domestic and international players
2. Is very popular and/or familiar to many as pop culture movies, mainstream bands, etc.
3. They can secure a license - without too much expense
4. Extra credit: relevant to today's youth (but not required)
That would about cover it...toss in a good layout, art, and rules and there you go.
Does Daft Punk hit all those marks? I think it falls a bit short on 1 and 2 myself. Though I love what the did for TRON, and Get Lucky is still played a lot today. But most of their stuff aside from that isn't well known to most.
And us on Pinside will nitpick the hell out of their choices in all the above.

This all makes sense. But as a counterpoint; they made a Munsters machine (and a cornerstone model at that). Maybe I'm wrong but I feel like that sets the bar pretty low.

#5442 4 years ago
Quoted from icanswim70:

I'd like to pitch a "Dumb and Dumber" Pin! That movie is legendary and would have so much potential as a pin I.E Toy Shag N Wagon, and mini bike, soooooooo many quotable lines, a fake lake the suitcase gets thrown into, it's endless! Come on Stern!

With the LCD's on games now I think any big popular comedy from the 90's into 2000's would print money, both on location + home sales. I'm not a huge Wil Ferrell movie but something like Old School/Anchorman/Talladega Nights would have some incredible call out material and would get a lot of attention in a bar or arcade I'd think.

1 week later
#5597 4 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Thinking a Tron vault might be cooking..

Don't get my hopes up.

1 month later
#6176 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Games have already shipped. Lots of locations have purchased the game sight unseen.

Quoted from cait001:

how on earth has nothing leaked sheeeeeesh

this is my big question, if games have already shipped they're putting a ton of faith in these guys' self control

2 months later
#6958 4 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

ok, I just checked out Sebastian Bach, Brendon Small and the NIght Flight Orchestra and all artists have made Heavy Metal songs that have nothing to do with the Heavy Metal film in the 80s or 2000 for that matter. So this is going to be a "Heavy Metal" soundtrack of metal songs and probably some original graphics to go with the title. Boooooooo no Heavy Metal movie pinball. Very misleading.

Oh damn... I knew Heavy Metal was a magazine/brand outside of the movie but that's a big disappointment if it's not movie art/assets Could still be a cool pin though, definitely an interesting one for a contract job.

6 months later
#9530 3 years ago

So I've been kinda out of the loop, but Zombie Yeti teased Bill + Ted artwork a while back, right? And Stern's supposedly making an announcement tomorrow, the day the new Bill + Ted movie comes out?

Is there any reason people aren't thinking it might be this? Just surprised I've seen Queen + Avengers get more traction.

pasted_image1 (resized).pngpasted_image1 (resized).png
#9534 3 years ago
Quoted from AJB4:

he was asked about that point blank and he said something like, "Sorry, it is NOT for pinball unfortunately..."

Damn, was afraid that was the case. Thanks for the info

#9561 3 years ago
Quoted from BallPin:

Face the Music, that is all I have to say.

Judgement day is upon you, BallPin. By 5 pm PST you'll either be known as our new-Kaneda, or a fraud. There is no option between.

20200820_105237 (1) (resized).jpg20200820_105237 (1) (resized).jpg
#9621 3 years ago

I'm laughing at everyone getting mad at BallPin, he's literally the only reason this thread had discussion for the last few days. Thanks for the leak man, didn't give any big spoilers away and got the community talking/hyped. Excited to see what JJP gives us next month (since you said it WON'T be GNR as promised by K-man over and over).

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#9694 3 years ago

What'd I miss, did Keith confirm he's working on it or something?

#9919 3 years ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

Certainly seems like more than a few people have already seen this game - interesting image..

This is a 5 year old piece of ZY work. For more info see here:

https://www.behance.net/gallery/25906945/Officially-Licensed-MARVEL-Hulk-ART-Print

1 year later
#30722 1 year ago
Quoted from Lateralus:

Dec 28, 2021, (Sunday) Stern released the teaser trailer for Rush

Just swinging by this thread, but wow, forgot it's been 9 months since Rush was released... may just be my city but I don't see many of them around so it still feels very fresh to me (love that game).

What are the rumors lately? Still Eddy/Venom, Elwin/Jaws, Gomez/Bond, BTTF, nothing associated with Jack so people are speculating MOTU?

#30752 1 year ago
Quoted from CodHollandaise:

Murder of the Universe is a solid Gizz album but I'd prefer Infest the Rats Nest or Nonagon for a pin.

man a King Gizzard game would kick so much ass, even more so if they made original music for it.

#31499 1 year ago
Quoted from Rizmo:

Idk why Stern would say August. Then wait till the 31st to say nope not happening. Why would they hide it?

I'm out of the loop, but when/where did they say August?

#31694 1 year ago
Quoted from Gutterghoul:

Its most likely a pinball machine

remember when it was literally a puzzle though

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
1 week later
#32314 1 year ago

I'd bet money they didn't, but really hope they licensed an actual Bond car of some type for this. The cars were what made 007 movies for me as a kid. Regardless of era/assets/details/etc, excited to see what Gomez did with this one (assuming he's on lead). Until then:

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Slipstream Mod Shop

12,900 (OBO)
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Walnutport, PA
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

€ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nogoodnames222.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine?tu=nogoodnames222 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.