20240423_100836 (resized).jpg
20240423_100825 (resized).jpg
20240423_100718 (resized).jpg
20240423_100723 (resized).jpg
Whoa (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #33984 Stern's new factory information Posted by Grantman (1 year ago)

Post #36014 TRAILER: Foo Fighters Pin teaser trailer Posted by Yoko2una (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#177 7 years ago

Yes. Loved the new Netflix version too. This might be an opportune time for a pinball machine

#234 7 years ago

Can we just get a Ready Player One pin? On top of being a great book with an upcoming movie, it also references half of the 70s and 80s things that keep getting mentioned here. That way, Stern could cover multiple retro licenses all while appearing to stay current.

(i know in reality it would be a licensing nightmare with the abundance of different licenses that could be involved but i can dream, right?)

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
3 weeks later
#346 7 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

"Gotten" ridiculous?

Ha, yeah, that was exactly my thought too when i read that.

I would certainly be in for and Evil Dead/AoD/Ash theme though. That would actually be a fun, campy theme that would probably still sell some pins.

2 weeks later
#403 7 years ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

How about a new original theme like , SHARKS v BOOBIES v ROCK ANTHEMS v SUPER HEROES!
Does that cover all the bases requested or suggested. he he

It's not an unlicensed theme, but that reminds me of the Jaws vs. Iron Maiden pin idea that I've been (unsuccessfully) trying to garner support for

#424 7 years ago
Quoted from ENDOFLINE:

i still want 80's flashback themes with hand drawn art .....
DARK CRYSTAL
BACK TO THE FUTURE
TRON classic 80s style
TRANSFORMERS classic 80s style
INDIANA JONES classic 80s style
BLADE RUNNER
KARATE KID
GOONIES
ET
WILLOW

You should probably also add those to o-din's thread too

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/which-retro-licensed-pinball-theme-would-you-like-to-see-next

#441 7 years ago

Ok, now that that's out of the way, what will be the NEXT Stern pinball machine?

1 month later
#452 7 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

So what's next now aerosmith is confirmed
Star wars?
Guardians of the galaxy?
A vault edition of..?

Seems like most people think star wars is a certainty.

#454 7 years ago

I sincerely hope Elvira 3 goes to Spooky and Dennis designs it.

Jaws would be great, but i really hope it's anyone but Stern that gets the license just because i can see them not quite doing it justice. Who knows though, i hope they prove me wrong. Some people on here have said that it's an expensive license so that makes me think Stern might have more of a chance at it. On the flip side though, seems like they would have done it already if they are going to...

The fact that Stern was playing Iron Maiden right along with other songs by bands they've licensed at their anniversary party makes me think that'll be along at some point. It was definitely the topic of some discussion at the party. If that's the case, it will either be my first Stern NIB or a big letdown like GoT.

JW and GotG are also both great themes, I'm just not sure they're in the immediate pipeline given the timing of the movies. If so, more likely in 1-2 years and will encompass multiple films.

#457 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Dennis will design it, but it ain't going to Spooky.

That's a shame. Hope Stern does it well then. Honestly, I'm interested either way.

7 months later
#672 6 years ago

Iron Maiden? Jaws?

#690 6 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Plz no more hard rock and Marvel.

I feel exactly the same way...except for Maiden and GotG

oh, and Deadpool.

1 month later
#785 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Its also just shitty pinball music, I like the Beatles but Motorhead is a much better choice.

Definitely. it's one of the few remaining band themes that i would both want and that is even remotely likely. Wonder what the track list would be like? Lots of choices. I could easily imagine playing pinball to Orgasmatron.

2 weeks later
#816 6 years ago

Nah. LotR VE. Definitely.

2 months later
#1184 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I hope not, Keith and his Archer layout need an monumental/epic theme, seems a waste on a music pin for all the gadgetry, shots and mechs he put into it.

GotG would have worked, but if they're not doing a surprise Jaws machine, then iron maiden would be a great next choice, imo. Or princess bride, since they supposedly have that license too.

Regardless, it's probably wishful thinking that the Archer design will remain unmolested by substantial cost cutting. Whatever it is, i hope it at least somewhat resembles the original.

1 week later
#1199 6 years ago

Would also love to see an "Inconceivable" LE.

2 months later
#1340 6 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

There was a rumor that Kapow was going to do a Yellow Submarine machine but now it appears this machine will not be Yellow Submarine. Would that still be a Kapow then? This was published in one of the threads in the last couple days.

I could be misremembering, but I'm pretty sure the same internet personality that "reported" it wasn't Yellow Submarine also said it would still be a Kapow title.

#1379 6 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Rarehero posted in another thread that Fox owns the rights to the Deadpool movie, so there's a chance that they might not have to use the standard Marvel voice actors (as found in X-Men and GOTG) that everyone loves to hate. The art would be much sweeter if they based a Deadpool game on the comics, of course, so kind of a trade-off there. Regardless, there's no way that Ryan Reynolds is doing custom callouts for a pinball game. Maybe they could afford TJ Miller?

Well, i think Disney owns the Deadpool film rights now, but not sure how that would affect the voice actors.

I'd joke that they should be able to get TJ Miller for cheap, but it doesn't appear he's actually lost any work over his little scandal yet. He's still in Deadpool 2 and ready player one anyway.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 26.99
Playfield - Other
Lee's Parts

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Titusville, FL
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Pinball Life

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

Machine - For Sale
Austin, MN
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

4,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Peekskill, NY
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 41.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine?tu=nman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.