FB_IMG_1713427968712 (resized).jpg
Untitled (resized).jpg
images (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_4963.gif
Screenshot_20240416_150533_YouTube (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #33984 Stern's new factory information Posted by Grantman (1 year ago)

Post #36014 TRAILER: Foo Fighters Pin teaser trailer Posted by Yoko2una (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mstang01.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#25754 2 years ago

I tend to like the looks of the comic or graphic novel type themes over themes with photos of actors on them. That said I can’t think of many animated shows that haven’t been done and wouldn’t be obnoxious as pins… maybe “Spider-Man: Into the spider verse” would be cool. Some cool film themes might be Kong or Dune.

1 month later
#26128 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Beverley Hills Cop should have had a pin, first two movies where great! A funny pin is always a winner and why Deadpool is so loved!

Big Trouble in Little China would probably also make a good pin with the camp and good toy/mech potential

#26129 2 years ago
Quoted from JackG:

Yes, would be great to have all the Bonds. There's so many great clips. I don't think anyone would care if there was a mishmosh of Bonds. Transcend the individual films and pay homage to the franchise.

I’m not sure I could envision a bond pin from any era… what would the put on the playfield? Even though I like the new movies best, the Roger Moore era seems to have the most going for it pin wise with camp, gadgets, and Jaws

1 month later
#26876 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

Or how about particle man vs triangle man?

A They Might Be Giants pin??

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
2 weeks later
#27293 1 year ago

I’m surprised they haven’t tried decade/era themed pins… you could throw a bunch of nostalgic crap in there (toys/clips/someone recognizable for callouts) and license various songs for the music… easier than finding a single artist you can make a cohesive theme around I’d think.

3 months later
#32545 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Stern doesn’t need to do non-refundable deposits, since their games are in high demand. There’s a waiting list to take your spot. Non refundable is not a good business practice for the long term. Why would any manufacturer need to do non-refundable, if their games are good?

i think the reason for distro’s requiring deposits is mainly to keep people from putting their names on everybody’s list and then not letting them know until payment is required that they’ve already purchased a machine somewhere else. Otherwise the distributor may end up ordering more machines than they could move based on inflated interest lists. I think most “deposits” are refundable, but unless stern prohibits it that would be up to the distributor.

1 month later
#33517 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

For Stern:
Simpsons treehouse of horror
Batman the animated series
Futurama
Adventure Time
Pokemon (for earnings reasons mostly)
Akira

Lol, my kids watched Adventure Time… what a weird show. Out of the stuff they liked I’d rather see Gravity Falls

#33604 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I know nothing of He-Man as it was before my time
Though I saw this and thought it was amusing[quoted image]

Lol, I just remember my little brother had a “Stinkor” action figure. If they make He-Man they gotta put Stinkor in there

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
3 weeks later
#33885 1 year ago
Quoted from TroyS:

Beastie boys for sure. Another. TAKE. MY. MONEY boyeeeeeee

Me too, not sure I want another 80’s metal pin Iron Maiden is enough to cover that base . They Might Be Giants would make an excellent pin but probably too niche.

#33893 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I'd be into a Beyonce pin, but I imagine her people would be next to impossible to deal with as a license.
She's basically the only person who can successfully get unflattering photos of herself pulled off the internet. Imagine trying to do art of her...

They would have to stick to the radio hits because from the albums I’ve heard there are no “deep cuts”, lol, radio hit or complete shit

2 weeks later
#34096 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

It can be done , Stern got all the assets they wanted for Godzilla , Elvira and Star Wars .
JJP got the assets for all three Hobbit movies .
Spooky had access to everything for Rick and Morty .

I think it’s as important to use licenses that give full assets and a degree of flexibility as it is to get “dream theme” licenses. No one actually wants their dream theme made without the associated music, voices, art they expect (tailored to a modern pinball machine).

#34097 1 year ago
Quoted from shaub:

Mario could be such a great theme for pinball. There is so many directions you could go in. But if you could incorporate an overworld element into the game, maybe something like Paddocks/Dinos in Jurassic Park but more varied paths to take and power-ups to earn. The game could revolve around playing levels in a few worlds, each world's boss battle would be a mini-wizard mode and then battle Bowser as the wizard mode. The levels could be a mix of simple and more complex with some freedom and reasons to aim for certain ones or avoid them. The LCD could go from overworld to levels and back.

As much as I like the Mario games, I think the music/sound would grate on me in a modern pinball machine making it sound like an older pin. If they were looking at video games I would hope for something more like Warcraft (maybe old at this point), Fallout, Red Dead Redemption, etc.

1 week later
#34402 1 year ago
Quoted from Merendino:

Ah, I hadn't really read anything that far back. That's sad. Heard Bill Murray isn't a peach either.

Bill Murray sounded crazy in a really cool way in a great documentary I watched on a plane “The Bill Murray Stories”

1 year later
#45564 54 days ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

I have screen envy, lol, only IMAX here. Will be spectacular with that great sound as well.
Dune pin for me please, with Shai-Hulud gobbling up pinballs!

But what if the worm doesn’t eat the ball…

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.50
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 3.49
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

6,495 (Firm)
14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
FlipMods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,999.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Maine Home Recreation

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 140.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

13,000 (OBO)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mstang01.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine?tu=mstang01 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.