20240423_100723 (resized).jpg
Whoa (resized).jpg
51AE3C41-1E6E-417B-B0FC-EAF0D317F2BB.gif
vince-neil-is-upset (resized).jpg
Severance (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #33984 Stern's new factory information Posted by Grantman (1 year ago)

Post #36014 TRAILER: Foo Fighters Pin teaser trailer Posted by Yoko2una (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider misfitdart.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1308 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I REALLY hope Stern can do something (ANYTHING really) interesting/different/unique to get my attention.
If we are honest, theme means little to me and is pretty far down the list. Stern seems to be designing/selling 100% based on theme alone and the past few games are pretty boring after the initial excitement of being new wears off.
I hope that they can deliver a fun game with some lasting power that will keep interest for more than 3 months which seems to be the current shelf life.
I hope that Keith brings something new and interesting, I hope Mark Ritchie game comes to light, I hope Steve Ritchie really is doing a non-licensed theme. I long for something new and fresh out of Stern rather than rehashed code foundation and reused layouts and toys all just to fit blockbuster themes that are lackluster after you get beyond the surface.

So you're looking for something like "Predator"???

1 year later
#3199 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It's not my machine, I was just supporting the other pinsider that was saying it's ridiculous that neither Stern nor Nitro Pinball will back him and get this CLEAR PRODUCTION PROBLEM FIXED. Especially unbelievable that Nitro Pinball / flipperfreak, his distributor, thinks blowing this off and not communicating at all is a good idea for his reputation or future business.
I wouldn't worry about Automated. Mike does a lot of volume and I've never had a problem with him. Plus, MASSIVE problems like the warped playfield on a NIB pin are actually pretty rare, and most get handled by reputable distributors. Hopefully this will, too.
Buy your Deadpool Prem with confidence. It's a GREAT pin these days.

You're sure slamming Nitro as much as you can in each post considering it's not your deal, I, as well as MANY others have had nothing but stellar transactions from Tommy and the class act that is Nitro Pinball.

#3201 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Did you LOOK at the pictures of the problem? It's bad.
Until/unless Nitro reveals some detail that completely changes the story on the posted PHOTOS of a badly WARPED playfield that HE WON'T STAND BEHIND OR he makes sure it gets FIXED, yeah, sure. I'll dog him whenever his name comes up. I've never dealt with him, but I'd never deal with any distributor that ghosted a customer who paid good money for a bad machine. And if it was a distributor I DID deal with that did this to another customer I know about, I sure as hell would get on the line with them and make it known that it needs to be addressed or I'm done dealing with them. Let's call it Pinball NATO. A ghosting of one of us is a ghosting of all of us - because this could happen to anyone at any time if a "stellar" distributor like flipperfreak pulled this. This isn't a week or a month of hassle - it's over THREE MONTHS of Stern denying and Nitro ghosting. That's crazy for a factory problem this obvious.
Nitro's in my "shameful" file until I hear he took care of this clearly warped playfield or there's some additional information that makes him NOT taking care of this make sense (though I have no idea what that could possibly be).

It's not your machine and it has ZERO to do with you, Nitro does not have to post on any forum regarding the dealings between THEM and THIER customers regardless of YOU wanting to know the results. If you've no dog in the fight maybe just keep your negative comments to yourself unless it pertains to you, just my .02.

#3203 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

You may be a "none of my business" guy when there's a mugging or robbery or abuse. I'm not. There's a clear problem. Nitro hasn't handled it in almost 4 months and is ignoring the customer who has been RIDICULOUSLY patient. That's not "stellar" distributor behavior, and I'll call that nonsense out regardless of who the distributor is whenever their name comes up.

Ahhhh you must be bored.....the clear problem is between the owner, Stern and the distro, not the bored guy that THINKS he needs to wave a flag of justice. I'm certain that IF this is a Nitro issue Tommy will handle it....

#3218 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Hindsight is 20/20, and I would agree that walking away from the transaction before any money changed hands would have been the best course of action, but since you made the sale, and the issue is VERY CLEAR and VERY BAD from the pictures, aren't you on the hook to make sure it gets handled? It's not like you have to sell to him ever again, but at least your reputation is preserved.
Sometimes I do pin repair for people I don't know that were referred to me. If I talk to them and get the vibe that the person is needy or demanding or unreasonable I just quote a very high price that they usually don't take, which is great. If they do take it, I'm compensated for the hassle to come.
Thanks for at least posting your side of it and clearing up why you're reluctant to deal with a bad customer again, even on something that should clearly be warranty. Hopefully Maken has learned something in this as well.

Hmmmm me thinks that there should be a public apology from you to Nitro!! Slagging a reputable distributor based upon others misinformation on a transaction that has NOTHING to do with you. Stern is saying no to the warranty, NOT TOMMY, so why should he be held responsible?? Next time gather the facts justice league....

#3228 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The pain-in-the-ass angle complicates things, but I hope Nitro has resolved not to sell to customers that are breaking his balls presale because that doesn't get any better. And I hope that Maken has learned that if you break people's balls, you're not going to have them tripping over themselves to give you support if things go south. I'd like to know why it took so long to report it, too.

Again....nothing to do with you....again....but maybe an apology to Nitro, it shows great character to admit when ones wrong.

#3237 4 years ago
Quoted from dgpinball:

I don't like to get involved in disputes, but it really ticks me off to see someone slagging Nitro over perceived lack of customer service, Tommy bends over backwards and then some to help his customers, sometimes going to lengths that I consider absurd!! Just as an example, I know for a fact that he drove from Vancouver to Calgary to deliver a game personally that the customer needed by a certain date, when the delivery thru normal channels was delayed, he took it upon himself to make it right, if that's no going the extra mile(s), I don't know what is!!
The ultimate decision on replacing a playfield is Stern's, all the distro can do is plead the customer's case, which Tommy has done.

I agree also "vireland" still hasn't apologized

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 175.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 10.50
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

11,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monclova, OH
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
JAWS (PREMIUM) Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 16.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Incline Village, NV
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 125.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
PINBALLPICKERS

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 21.50
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider misfitdart.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine?tu=misfitdart and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.