20240423_100836 (resized).jpg
20240423_100825 (resized).jpg
20240423_100718 (resized).jpg
20240423_100723 (resized).jpg
Whoa (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #33984 Stern's new factory information Posted by Grantman (1 year ago)

Post #36014 TRAILER: Foo Fighters Pin teaser trailer Posted by Yoko2una (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider matt68061.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#27979 1 year ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

I'd love to see... and honestly don't understand why it hasn't happened yet with all the nostalgia filled men that buy these games...
GI JOE!
So many incredibly awesome possibilities. No real way to pull a TS4 and get shit on bc of the way GI JOE was. Including anything would be great, and certain things would be bonus (the aircraft carrier, the general, etc)
So many modes. Snake eyes vs storm shadow. Hawk vs Destro. Lady J vs Baroness.
Bombs, guns, jets, helos, ships....
cobra commander final wizard mode.
I mean seriously....

Id prefer the 12 inch Adventure Team line… Kung fu grip, Secret of the Mummies Tomb, Search for the Stolen Idol, White Tiger Hunt, Devil of the Deep.…hell look at the titles of the old sets. The modes are already named for you! . And the artwork on the old boxes is awesome…

Used to collect them in a past life…

2 months later
#33161 1 year ago

The only thing he swayed me on was learning how to use the “ignore” feature.

I can appreciate having an opinion and am happy to hear yours… but …. Dude… 3 pages??

6 months later
#36777 1 year ago
Quoted from Bmad21:

can this thread shut up about BTTF.
i get it you like it love it want it. but this BTTF spam needs to stop, stop stop and stop it.
theirs BTTF thread go ocupy it. it should be getting on my nerves.
find something else to talk about other than BTTF.

Been waiting for someone to “snap” on this… thanks for saving me. Had to break down and use the ignore function.

All free to share our thoughts here…but its so old and played out. “Spamming” is the best term I can come up with as well.

1 week later
#36906 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

That would be WORSE than JJP because Stern LE is less than even a JJP LE, feature for feature, and build quality. The only extra Stern has that really ranks is Insider Connected. Selling a cornerstone Stern LE for the current $15k JJP CE price would be ridiculous.
(See you in 2025 when that happens.)

Unfortunately… I totally expect another hefty price increase as well. How long did it take FFLE to sell out?

I mean…why wouldn’t they?

#36910 1 year ago
Quoted from Grantman:

1) How well did that work for Bond LE? Yeah, they were completely "sold out" at launch, also.
2) Why not just make the games $20K? Because even at current prices, they are running out of customers. There are plenty of other games that you can buy for less: Pulp Fiction for $10k, Scooby for $10k or less, Cactus Canyon, Galactic Tank Force, Fathom, Spinal Tap, or a thousand existing titles, or buy a Pro/Premium instead of an LE. Nobody has unlimited room or money, and there are only so many people that can spend $10k on a toy.
My advice: Don't push your luck, Stern.

Just to be clear…I dont like it and agree with your sentiment of not “pushing it” with a legion of past, loyal customers.

Im just saying the numbers, production capacity vs. demand, and the FOMO for LE’s suggest a price increase. Throw Elwins name on it as the cornerstone designer and I can see them bumping it a grand.

Ive been priced out of LE’s for some time…hell, Premiums are just about out of range for my small collection of games…. Not that Stern cares. They care about moving units as they should.

Will be real interesting to see how these upcoming runs of past models of pros & premiums that have been around for several years go. JP, IM, SW, etc… if distros inventory start to build up and sit for awhile that would sure help keeping the retail price stable. If they sell quickly…well…better get the lube out.

2 months later
#38129 9 months ago

So BTTF is code for Elwins’ “Huey Lewis and the News.”

LE model will be at 15K.

My ex-wifes sisters cousin has a friend whos stepson had dinner witn a Stern line worker. It slipped out.

What can you do?

2 months later
#41335 6 months ago
Quoted from PinStalker:

Of course they're crooks Herb...... think about it. Someone buys at an inflated price.... why? Because they believe it will further inflate or at least stay inflated: making their use of something "free" or at a profit. No one buys to have something lose value (unless they are going to keep it forever, in which case price doesn't matter).
Everything reverts to true value over time - there is a median value to all things. Sometimes things are overvalued, sometimes undervalued.
If you buy overvalued and have the express intention of pawning it off to someone else before it loses value - you're a crook. That's what scalpers and flippers do. They can lie to themselves that they are "investors" all they want, they're playing musical chairs and betting on the music not stopping.
The only exception is rarity, true rarity not perceived rarity or engineered rarity (both of those ALWAYS fail).
STH had minor rarity, plus a bunch of perceived rarity. People paid ultra high prices due to perceived rarity not true rarity.
You see the same in all things right now: Watches, Cars, Homes, etc. All are falling and will continue to fall. People chase false rarity and false value: wondering "what happened?" when the music stops.
The question is: when someone does this - are they responsible for what happens next? Of course they are!! They were the problem to begin with by chasing.
Stern is doing their part to slap their hands, and take that cash back - and they're right to do so, but at the same time they've increased median value by increasing MSRP. So they are helping those buying at the proper level and hurting those buying at speculative levels.
Used HUO machines as a rule of thumb should be 20% less then NIB MSRP. It's way past time to reset players value expectations and crush this bubble (just like watches, cars, homes, etc.). Nothing crushes bubbles quite like underwater people. For the 1st time in four years Stern is positioned to rock these people by flooding the market, and with Disney-Boy at the wheel they have the drive to do so (we see it nonstop now - and it's only going to increase).
It'll be a another bloodbath when CGC releases the next edition of MMr. It's coming, and it should come. This hobby has been out of control for too long, and everyone knows it.

“Used HUO machines as a rule of thumb should be 20% less then NIB MSRP. It's way past time to reset players value expectations and crush this bubble (just like watches, cars, homes, etc…)”

“As a rule of thumb” … and where exactly is this coming from? Having bought and sold numerous pins before and during this most recent uptick in the market I dont believe this percentage has ever happened in one of my deals. Not once.

I guess I am doing it wrong. Pretty much pay or sell at what the market decides.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Space Coast Pinball

$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

$ 12.95
$ 16.50
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, TN
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 150.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10,499.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider matt68061.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine?tu=matt68061 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.