Screenshot_20240412_203046_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240412_203117_Chrome (resized).jpg
DSC06496 (resized).JPG
DSC06495 (resized).JPG
DSC05223 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #33984 Stern's new factory information Posted by Grantman (1 year ago)

Post #36014 TRAILER: Foo Fighters Pin teaser trailer Posted by Yoko2una (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lounge.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5720 4 years ago

I’d really like to see a Rick and Morty - you could do some really cool rules and layouts.

3 weeks later
#6116 4 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

I’d really like to see a Rick and Morty - you could do some really cool rules and layouts.

Well, how bout’ that.....

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rick-amp-morty-pinball-from-spooky

#6117 4 years ago
Quoted from Wakky:

Star trek is one of Sterns best and Gary's favourite!

I almost bought a Star Trek until JP2 came out. Bought a JP2 premium and LOVE it. Obviously I feel JP2 is a better game. And yes, I’ve played both, and I do like Star Trek but JP2 is amazing.

1 month later
#6566 4 years ago
Quoted from cantbfrank:

Stern needs to be careful with the vaults. Vaults compete with their original pins on the secondary market. This creates more supply which eventually reduces the prices of pins on the secondary market.

Stern gives exactly zero shits about the secondary market.

2 weeks later
#6741 4 years ago

Animaniacs
Toy Story
Muppets

Wow.... no, thanks.

#6796 4 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

And it will be Spike 3, whatever that does.

Internet connectivity and DLC ??

1 month later
#7354 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

I'm glad they're releasing this title finally oneI don't have any intrested.
My money is safe.
Oh crud!
American Pinball
Cool idea[quoted image]

Ptttth .... hot wheels were cool when I was 9.

My wallet is safe - zero interest in HM or HW.

2 months later
#7647 3 years ago

I’m a buyer of an Elwin Godzilla.

#7830 3 years ago

It amazes me how hard some people work to be offended these days.

#7894 3 years ago

..... nah.

1 week later
#8085 3 years ago
Quoted from tp:

[quoted image]

I don’t think a Converse pinball machine would sell very well

#8154 3 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Zero chance Stern reveals another new cornerstone title "very soon." Hot Wheels or Heavy Metal is my bet.

Hot Wheels is being done by AP.

#8160 3 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Jack was teasing his next Dead Flip reveal, which could be anything.

Sure... but Stern isn’t doing Hot Wheels.

#8162 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Isn't that their Fast and Furious code name?

Dunno

#8172 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMagnet:

Lets be honest, Ghostbusters was the last great pin Stern did (AC/DC prior to that).

JP

#8180 3 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Who said Stern is doing Hot Wheels? I said Stern isn't revealing a new cornerstone game anytime soon, so Jack's reveal will be Hot Wheels or Heavy Metal. I played Hot Wheels at the factory, pretty sure I know who's making it, numbnuts.

Well, that’s not how your post read, dickwad.

#8182 3 years ago

Touché

2 weeks later
#8353 3 years ago

Steel Panther pin!!

1 month later
#9056 3 years ago

Elwin and Yeti doing Jaws would be hard to pass up - hope it’s true.

#9274 3 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Were that to happen the value of the original games will be crushed. The prices of an original LEs will go from $12K to $6K overnight.

Anyone buying pinball machines as investments needs to talk to a financial advisor. Sure it’s fun owning a machine that’s worth more than you paid for it, but anyone looking at it as anything more than a novelty is a fool.

If you are using pins as investments, the only way to do it is to buy LEs and leave them in the box for years or buy super rare machines and not play them. What’s the fun in that???

#9282 3 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Heard various versions of this a million times on here. I'd argue anyone who doesn't consider resale value seriously, especially with a big collection, is the bigger fool.

I’m going to do it....

It’s like cars - there are some that will be more valuable than when you bought them but not many. Especially if you drive them like you should.

#9309 3 years ago
Quoted from BazilBLast:

You're backing up my point .
I've never brought a meal at a restaurant and said " I've lost a money " , if I didn't like the meal I would say " I've wasted my money " .
I wouldn't say Vacations are a waste of money , get out see the world , experience new things and make new memories .
I enjoy going to the movies and I've never said I've lost money going to one .
Besides basic surviving , What's the point of money if it can't bring you some happiness .

I believe the point here is that none of these things - movies, dinner, vacations, or pinball should be considered investments. Just enjoy them.

1 week later
#9429 3 years ago

I heard from a reliable source that Friday they’re announcing DLC for TMNT

#9477 3 years ago
Quoted from BallPin:

You're right, I don't normally care, but it rubs me the wrong way that he tries to make money off his podcasts, and to takes my leads, not give me credit, but take peoples money for repeating someone else's information. At the same time he's building up his reputation on my information to become more credible and again market himself and make money. It's not personal, I don't know the guy, just heard about him today when everyone referred to me as him, so I had to find out what this guy is all about. Just going forward, I hope if he uses information he reads on pinside, that he credits the source. I hear other podcasts refer to him when talking about a news piece he started, so he gets credited on other podcasts, it's not a new concept. I welcome guys like him to talk about pinball and discuss topics he heard himself or through forums like this. Discussion is great. By the way, I won't be one of those guys, I'm keeping all future information to myself, not worth having other people benefit off it, and also the feedback I got from the rest of the community was pretty harsh.

Pretty easy solution..... don’t say anything.

#9595 3 years ago

<~ yawn ~>

#9683 3 years ago
Quoted from Pixel8Arcade:

Yeah, 2 of the top grossing films of all time with a vast laundry list of huge Hollywood stars.....why would anyone want that put in a pinball machine? I’d rather have 16bit comic style graphics.
Sarcasm^^^^^^^^

Um..... they already did it once.

#9706 3 years ago

I wonder what JJP and Deeproot are up to these days

#9740 3 years ago

Stern did a pinball specifically based on the films Infinity War and Endgame? Please tell me the name of that pinball machine...I’d like to play it.

Based on your logic, there should be 3 Iron Man pins, 3 Spider-Man pins, 3 Thor pins, 4 Capitan America pins, 2 Hulk pins....... you get my point.

#9764 3 years ago

So you can’t point me to the Stern machines based specifically on Infinity War or Endgame? Thought so.

One Avengers pin is more than enough.

#9779 3 years ago
Quoted from TheShaft:

Totally off topic, but is your pig avatar Lola from Avellanas? What I wouldn’t give to be having an Imperial sitting on the beach after a great surf session.

Not a clue about the pig but I do enjoy a good surf session down there. Tamarindo (the rocks, not the river), Avellanas.... pura vida.

1 month later
#10342 3 years ago

If assumptions are correct, it appears that DeepRoot might have the Goonies license.

1 week later
#10417 3 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

Maybe a combo pin with orange donald and pink floyd?
we all know what the pin theme would be.

1 week later
#10648 3 years ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

Nirvana pin = somewhat depressing.
Foos pin = party.

Kurt Cobain Wizard mode multi-ball..... shoot all 5 balls into his head for a super jackpot.

Too soon....?

Foo Fighters was the best thing to come out of Nirvana. Fuck Nirvana.

1 month later
#11621 3 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Cspan the pinball adventure.

Or a Congress pin where you start a game and nothing EVER happens.

#11674 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

All the great looking psychedelic rock n roll posters from the 70s would be cool.

Black velvet playfield.

#11883 3 years ago
Quoted from J-drum11:

I’m 52 , a musician and a Led Zep fan......
BOOOOORING!!!!
Why???

Because if I hear Stairway one more time I’m gonna’ puke. I can’t imagine hearing 30 seconds of any song every time I play a game.

#11886 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

You are not a music pin guy. Move along.

Didn’t realize this was a music pin thread.

Bye

#12027 3 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

The art needs to be on point as the album art over their era wasn’t great to be honest.

You can’t be serious - Zep 3 (rotating disk), in through the out door (warter color paint by dots), physical graffiti (windows change as you remove the sleeve).

LZ isn’t a pin for me but your statement doesn’t match up with my opinion - sorry.

#12063 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

If Eddy does a semi rehash of the shadow layout, I’m fucked. Haha

That would be worth a hard look. Godzilla themed, even better.

#12159 3 years ago
Quoted from JWP72:

New Bond movie is April 2. Daniel Craig's last. Would be a perfect time for an all-encompassing Bond franchise pin. Or at least a Daniel Craig bond pin...

I could see Bond as a franchise being a licensing nightmare.

3 weeks later
#12727 3 years ago
Quoted from djsoup:

If I could have a dream music pin it would be TOOL. My good friend does art for their tour posters so naturally I'd love to see his art on a pin.
[quoted image]

TOOL is a blind buy for me - I would have to own that pin.

#12816 3 years ago

Max:
I like your nurse's uniform, guy.
Dr. Flynn:
They’re O.R. scrubs.
Max:
Oh, are they?

Great movie - not sure about making it into a pin.

#12842 3 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Agree - Wait on Welk

#12865 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Joe Walsh probably regrets that pic.

I’ll bet they all do - even the dead ones.

#sorryNotAnEaglesFan

1 week later
#13116 3 years ago

Took this pic today.

Gonna’ just leave this right here.....

0CC54957-AFDA-45D3-906D-00158F641F4C (resized).jpeg0CC54957-AFDA-45D3-906D-00158F641F4C (resized).jpeg
#13122 3 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

No... its Pubix.

PubSub, you ding-dongs.

3 weeks later
#13622 3 years ago
Quoted from HarrieD:

Your grammar is wrong too!

A203CFBE-5005-4B0E-818E-AEA124619FAA (resized).jpegA203CFBE-5005-4B0E-818E-AEA124619FAA (resized).jpeg

Don’t get me started - I’m a grammar nazi. Some of these post are .... painful.

#13815 3 years ago

Dude..... it was funny once.

#13820 3 years ago
#13932 3 years ago
Quoted from Jokerman:

Never heard of it so dunno if it is funny or interesting. Its a bit distracting but whatever Trevor.

Mute button is handy.

#14206 3 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

Maybe something that is more in tune with today's youth? I would lose my shit.
Boku No Hero Academia
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

I would lean towards something with a little broader appeal.... [* whispers *] please be Godzilla.

#14294 3 years ago
Quoted from ultimategameroom:

I can use this for the Topper and save $1000!
Paid $120 for it in 1995 which I thought was expensive. I’m glad I bought it when I had the chance.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Bad ass!

#14320 3 years ago

There is a private message feature that would probably be a better fit for your blossoming bromance.

#14431 3 years ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

Almost as interesting as the wood and coal on Oak Island

Hmm.... Oak Island pin - you start out with a ton of points that count down as you play and you never find a jackpot.

#14508 3 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

I'm not sure how you feel about Toy Story as a theme, but it will be a game changer.

Why do say this??

#14678 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:Pleasure!
I do not think so. Keith so far has made up his own rules and gets coders like Rick Neagle to do the code.

I think RayDay is on KMEs games.

#14764 3 years ago

Godzilla vs Kong - choose your monster and battle it out in challenge mode - 1v1 or 2v2.

#15068 3 years ago

I pray the next pin is BTTF .... so I don’t have to read another fucking post about the next Stern pin being BTTF.

#15160 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

“Milf hunter” like...you would hunt attractive women who has previously had children and murder them?

Try a little harder to be offended.

#15359 3 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Anyone good with computer graphics and willing to mock up a 2021 Stern Back to the future pin?

#15596 3 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

I'm holding onto the idea that the old movies are awesome even though I have not watched them since I was a kid. Watching them again would probably ruin good childhood memories of watching monster movies after school. None of the newer movies look that great so never bothered to watch any. I still think Godzilla would make a great pin as long as it's not phoned in. If it turns into fan layout with Godzilla head that you shoot balls into mouth that would be a shame.

Do NOT watch Ultraman today.

#15597 3 years ago
Quoted from Purdue:

name a better one...

Matrix, Godfather, Alien, Mad Max, Indiana Jones, Evil Dead.......

I yield back the remainder of my time to the Chair.

2 weeks later
#16060 3 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

Spooky’s next will be Evil Dead (or some incarnation of it.)

Spooky teased Night of the Living Dead.

4 weeks later
#18352 2 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

But you cant buy all of them, or at least most of us cant.

I don’t think anybody wants ALL of them. I haven’t wanted to buy a NIB Stern since JP2. I don’t feel like I’ve missed much though I haven’t played AIQ yet - not a big fan of the theme but Elwin is more my style of game. I digress......

Waiting on the next Elwin game.

1 week later
#18466 2 years ago

So..... skip Rush and go go Godzilla.

1 week later
#18718 2 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

You’re right. It would appear that the US does make up about 3/4 of their sales.
https://chartmasters.org/2019/09/journey-albums-and-songs-sales/

Going to bet that 3/4 of Stern’s sales are US as well.

1 week later
#18818 2 years ago

Because two guys think it’s funny…?

#18828 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

This Welk lame joke needs to end. It was mildly funny, now it’s a sad dad joke, and I am a dad who says dad jokes.

Ignore button works great. That’s my solution.

2 weeks later
#18903 2 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

I pray the next pin is BTTF .... so I don’t have to read another fucking post about the next Stern pin being BTTF.

#18906 2 years ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

Agree. If Stern pledged a certain amount from each game sold to his foundation and that number was sufficiently high I bet he would authorize the use.

Or….. make a different game and not give up any of their profits.

#18961 2 years ago

So when will Stern announce the next title? Please be Godzilla, but I do want Mandalorian also. Hard not pulling the trigger on it. Not a huge fan of the show, but it’s Star Wars and an awesome game. Played the pro and loved it.
What concerns me about Spooky is there are no game play videos yet and it goes up for preorder on Wednesday.

I’m sure it won’t be difficult to a) get your deposit back from them or b) sell your spot in the event you have a change of heart. They’re good people.

Patiently waiting for Elwin Godzilla to be announced/revealed.

#18971 2 years ago

Superhero genre is getting a little worn out imo.

#18977 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I fully and completely agree with you. I am not a fan of superhero themes at all but Batman: The Animated Series transcends that for me. The 90’s nostalgia, the incredible music, the storylines, animation style. It’s just a perfect theme. I would torch every single superhero related pin just to have BMTAS (well...keep Deadpool actually haha)

Deadpool is like an anti-superhero - I give him a pass.

#19005 2 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

I'd be in for an LE!

+1

#19042 2 years ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

You like BTTF? You like Elwin? If so...you are in luck!

You BTTF guys ….

Let me tell you why I don’t think BTTF will happen. And if by some miracle it does happen, you will probably be disappointed.

Let’s take Jurassic Park as an example. License for the title - check - not terribly difficult. Then they have to go to every actor to license their likeness. That includes ANY scene where the actor is visible or any soundbite from the actor. That’s why the only likeness in the playfield of JP is Nedry and there are ZERO movie clips and ZERO actor callouts in the pin. You don’t have to pay a TRex.

Name one actor that was a Ninja Turtle…. didn’t think so - nobody cares who played Donatello. Cheaper licensing.

This is why Stern loves the superhero pins - they’re easy. One stop license. Do you see Robert Downey Jr on AIQ as Iron Man with his helmet off … no. Do you hear his voice … no. You don’t even see Robert Downey Jr on Iron Man the pin?

Do you really want a BTTF without Michael J Fox or any of the other actors?? Neither does anyone else. That shit’s too expensive with all the assets. Just ask JJP (POTC) - they almost went under building that pin.

Bottom line is, Stern isn’t going to shell out that kind of coin for a license when they can make more on the gap with lesser licenses like Godzilla. No actors, no problems.

I could be wrong but look at the pattern folks.

#19045 2 years ago
Quoted from TheProgrammer:

For me, a lot of my feelings about BTTF being in the works (I don’t think it’s next tho) stems from Dwight Sullivan teasing Hill Valley being an Easter egg in the map that scrolls on The Getaway: High Speed II and saying that it’s foreshadowing.

He talks about it at 29:50

Getaway 2 was made in 1992.

#19180 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Why? They are killing it, business wise, they dont need to innovate.

Maybe not innovate but step up their game a bit, yes.

JJP has jam packed playfields. Spooky has funky niche themes with good (and getting better) execution and assets. CGC has the classics and great quality.

It’s almost like Stern is cranking out games too fast and maybe getting a little sloppy. I think that’s going to change soon though. They see what’s going on. I bet Elwin’s next game is a smash hit where they showcase how they’re going to elevate their builds.

I can’t wait to see it.

#19182 2 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

It’s about time. Elwin’s games have been horrible so far! Just the worst!

They are great shooters. I own a JP and will never let it go. AIQ… eh, it’s alright.

But some of Sterns latest offerings are lacking. Do you think they did Led Zeppelin justice? It seems to me like they’re just trying to crank games out.

My point was - I think they’re going to change their model a bit for the better.

#19195 2 years ago
Quoted from beltking:

Distributor got list from stern that they are freeing up production in September so could see release late august possibly.

I thought they had a batch of JPs to crank out?

I guess that could be post JP run.

#19240 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Does anyone know of a dealer who has some of the next build available?

Did you try Marshall at Little Shop of Games?

#19248 2 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Loki down the road ?

I hope not - that superhero genera is pretty worn out imo.

#19273 2 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

I definitely think Beastie Boys should be Sterns first "non-rock" music themed pin. Still appeals to the older audience(I'm 56) but brings in some of the younger crowd as well. So many good songs. So many recognizable songs from all the radio airplay.
[quoted image]

I don’t do (or own) music pins because I just don’t want to hear 30 second clips of the same 10 songs over and over. But a Beastie Boys pin…. I’d have to have one.

#19278 2 years ago
Quoted from xyntec:

Just visiting Venice and came across this, must be a sign
[quoted image]

That’s a ‘display’ - signs are flat.

<<{~ it’s a joke ~}>>

#19301 2 years ago
Quoted from dinot:

I'd like them to re-theme Iron Maiden.

I’d buy a re-themed Maiden in a heartbeat.

#19333 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

What do you suppose this means? I hope its not wifi for updates cuz our internet is horrible .
[quoted image]

“Super cool stuff for a bunch of your games.”

Stern player profiles.

#19366 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Random thoughts
1. So many people don't know Q Lazarus is a chic and that's why he's hiding his junk.
2. Not 1/5th the movie 'Manhunter' is

He’s turning himself into a chick by making a suit out of chicks. In the meantime, he dresses like a chick, dances around, and tucks his junk…. “Don’t you wanna’ fuck me…. I’d fuck me.”

#19404 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I would love to see a Nobody pin

Mr Nobody needs to get his finger off the trigger.

#19521 2 years ago

Probably dating myself but here’s a classic from down under…

#19532 2 years ago
Quoted from Our_Man_in_Oz:

Mad Max is a brilliant Movie theme period.

The Rover - Mad Max 2.0 - a MUST watch…..

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2345737/

#19566 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Just watched Zack snyder's Justice League , it was so much better than the original movie , it would be so great for a pin .
[quoted image]

Enough superhero pins!!

Make it stop.

#19570 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Didnt you just pounce on an Ultraman in the last 3 weeks? Superhero themes alone do not wreck a games. Give me Invincible!!

I get a bye on Ultraman - he is not a mainstream ‘superhero’ in the Stern sense. And there is the nostalgia effect with UM - my earliest television memories include UM.

#19572 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

But by this logic there are a plethora of superheroes to choose from still.
Invincible, The Boys, Kickass, Spawn....(not that i want all these)
I really just want Invincible, Batman or JLA tas and 90s cartoon Xmen.
I could see the new James Gunn Suicide Squad working quite well. Many characters, action, gore, humour. (With full assets...looking at you gotg)

That’s a fair point but a break from mainstream DC and Marvel would be welcome. And I have to add that the latest superhero pins do NOT include enough assets to make them interesting to me. UM with huge assets and a motivated manufacturer was a must have.

Now, Elwin Godzilla…. I’m just waiting for the official announcement

#19575 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Gameplay first. Assets second.

I’m about 50/50 here. Of course the game has to play well. I don’t have enough space to be flippant with my pin choices. Assets done well put a game on the next level (R&M comes to mind).

JP is by far my favorite recent Stern and those stock assets are severely lacking. However, with Tim’s ‘updated’ code, JP is a 10 for me. Never leaving my collection.

I have not played Mando yet but the theme doesn’t really strike a chord with me.

#19635 2 years ago
Quoted from craif:

I agree with you. Avengers and Maiden both have deep code and interesting shots, but the way they are presented to a player is way different.
My take on maiden is that any random player, whether total novice or an experienced pinballer, can have a lot of fun from the start without knowing any of the rules. The highlights and callouts are clear and the shots intuitive enough to get rolling and feel like they're making actual progress on the game after a few plays. Optimizations like how to stack different modes, time different collects and ride the multipliers to get crazy high scores and unlock wizard modes are everywhere, but if you focus on playing good pinball you'll learn them naturally over time by playing and have a good time doing it.

This is the essence of pinball.

Back in the day there was no internet with collaborative wikis to compile rules. You played good pinball, watched the lights, and from Gorgar and beyond, you listened to the callouts.

I think Elwin keeps a great balance between casual fun and complexity. Can’t wait for Godzilla.

1 week later
#19877 2 years ago

Been of the interwebs for a few days.

Is KME Godzilla official yet?

1 week later
#20343 2 years ago

Hmm, Insider Connected.

Next stop…. DLC.

1 week later
#20741 2 years ago
Quoted from CthulhuTilted:

I think it will be hilarious when it turns out to be a Blue Oyster Cult music pin and Godzilla was just the codename all along!

Please, Stern, don’t do it.

#20759 2 years ago

Yes stern please! Go go Godzilla!! Great song by Blue Oyster Cult. If not cleland can add it.

I don’t mind the song or the song IN a Godzilla pin. But a Blue Oyster Cult pin would put me to sleep.

#20911 2 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

So how is everyone liking Godzilla?

Best pin ever…. duh

(I am excited about it, though)

1 week later
#21833 2 years ago

BTTF is The Never Ending Story.

1 month later
#22916 2 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

Hearing Marvel comic theme.

Uuuugh

3 weeks later
#23525 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

I'm here, I'm not sure what to think about a pin though... I know, crazy right!?! I'm surprised too of my feelings, but I always thought of my Foos as the post Nirvana alt rock band that put on great live shows but I preferred them in smaller doses where most people didn't know of them...Maybe I'm just getting crotchety having turned 49 recently.. I've seen them live over 20 times, back when they were playing 500 person clubs and even own Dave's ES335 Trini Lopez, but I think Dave has just been a little too fame aggressive and has become over exposed in too many medium as of late, which can be off putting for some. I know he likes mixing it up as an artist so that may well be the reason for this foray into pinball, and it's his right, but I'm just not sure...
Having said that though...
Here's my idea for a pin.. a comedy rock pin..., their videos from the beginning have always been funny,.. Learn to fly, break out, long road to ruin, low, the list goes on...I think the pin should have a comic twist and not take itself too seriously, maybe even have Tenacious D come out and battle evil Dave as the Devil...
Please God stay away from the last album and the Dee gee stuff though, they unfortunately went off the rails a bit on me both musically and creatively.
I'm a die hard fan from the beginning, but these last 2 years have been cringe...
The Ram commercials may have revoked Dave's punk card from Scream
But for my street cred...my FF Trini Lopez and my son jamming out on it
[quoted image][quoted image]

That’s not pelham blue!!

#23675 2 years ago

FFS - painfully waiting for the day you realize it ain't happening.

#23850 2 years ago
Quoted from kool1:

Not mine but according to Rolling Stone poll top 5 were :
1. Tom Sawyer
2. 2112
3. Limelight
4. Working Man
5 Red Barchetta
https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-lists/readers-poll-the-10-best-rush-songs-178108/red-barchetta-171754/
This top 10 is closer to mine, their top 5
1. Tom Sawyer
2. Spirit of Radio
3. Fly by Night
4. Limelight
5. 2112
https://ultimateclassicrock.com/rush-songs/
I actually listen to their last 5 CDs more than anything.[quoted image]

My list
1. Spirit of Radio

If you consider yourself “not a Rush fan” or not familiar with Rush, at least give that one a listen.

#23945 2 years ago

Is the next stern pin a youtube ad?

Start a youtube ad thread already.

Edit - beat me to it.

#24031 2 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Most don't a agree, but I think Foo Fighters never would have made it anywhere without Nirvana.

Nobody knew who Dave Ghrol was when he was in Nirvana. I’ve always liked the Foo Fighters and no matter what your take on them is, Dave Ghrol is a very talented musician. I strongly believe he would be successful regardless of Nirvana. I was never a Nirvana fan (and I’m still not).

As for a Foo Fighters pin, I can’t really see it. All the band pins lately have been get the band together, go on tour - meh.

#24130 2 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Please.... Weird Al's Polka Party!
[quoted image]

Yep…. still not funny.

#24301 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Better off playing while.also listening to Kill Em All.

Cut my heavy metal teeth on this cassette in high school. Unbelievable sound for the time - still love it today.

I enjoy some Rush but I won’t be buying the pin unless the layout is bonkers.

#24447 2 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

You think Stern would license all the bond actors? Sounds expensive. It would be cool to have great villains like jaws, bond girls, Aston Martin cars, music, etc but all that would need licenses which translates to $$$$.

I.E. Jurassic Park - one image of Nedry and a not so Jeep looking truck.

#24508 2 years ago

Not in the market for another music pin but you have to admit; the playfield looks WAY better than LZ.

#24511 2 years ago

That diverter is brilliant in its simplicity. Looking forward to playing this one.

#24513 2 years ago
Quoted from MRG:

Welcome to 1990. Bally Radical has the same diverter mech.

Never said ‘innovative’

#24524 2 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Isn’t this layout almost identical to Spider-Man?

Only played Spider-Man a few times in my life. Not real familiar with it.

I’m just glad they put more effort into this than they did with LZ.

#24548 2 years ago
Quoted from JRBBRJ:

Probably the only machine I would ever try to get an LE for.

Quoted from SimplePin:

Me too! The list starts now.

You guys have been eating too many concert tickets

#24567 2 years ago

Supernaut Multiball…. Sabbath, please.

#24576 2 years ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

Bond would only be economically viable if it was released with an insane price tag. It's a licensing behemoth.

BTTF - same same

#24624 2 years ago
0C7BCF31-5E18-484E-87AA-C737F0969B26.gif0C7BCF31-5E18-484E-87AA-C737F0969B26.gif
#24727 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

The ones that sell.

Unfortunately true.

As much as I like the obscure; the obscure is typically not ‘popular’ regardless of demographic. Black Label Society, The Hold Steady, Riot, Korn, Steel Panther, [fill in the blank], etc, etc,….

You don’t like Rush, Maiden, Zep, Aerosmith, AC/DC, etc., so what - I bet 5000 or 6000 people who can afford a $10K toy and also like pinball do.

From a business/economic standpoint, Stern makes music pins they can sell and that’s the point and if I were in the business that’s what I would do. Can’t knock them for that.

#24762 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I certainly do .
Do people think the rumoured Venom pin will have movie assets or comic art .
[quoted image]

Pretty sure those are EEs.

#24922 2 years ago

Pokemon would sell.

Tonka trucks. American Pinball Hotweels - don’t own it, don’t like it - never say never but not something I would buy. There are plenty of successful machines with themes I wouldn’t buy.

The bottom line is; in the entire world of pinball and themes you only need about 6000 buyers to make it a successful title with regards to sales. That’s a pretty low bar imo.

#24939 2 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

If you're a video game company do you prefer your market playing your game and buying your DLC every week or month or do you prefer your market go to the arcade and spend those entertainment $$ playing the pinball machine that generates no additional revenue?
One is a revenue stream, the other is not.

I don’t think a pinball machine is going to keep a video gamer from playing video games.

#25109 2 years ago

Is that the pro or the premium??

$9500’ish?

2 weeks later
#25470 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

Shes only seventeeeen!

They’d probably only sell 17.

#25486 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Better than Foo fighters!

Pretty sure neither will be made. Though I do like the Foo Fighters I don’t want a FF pin.

6 months later
#32015 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

Seriously ppl. Without 1, 2 wouldn’t exist.

Not even if you went….

back to the future??

Couldn’t resist. Oh, and there aint gonna be no BTTF - get over it.

#32028 1 year ago
Quoted from John_I:

BTTF is the next Homepin after Spinal Tap. Please move discussion to the appropriate thread.

BTTF sounds like an American Pinball title. Either way, byeeeeeeeee.

#32037 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

There are many carryovers from slots to pins. Immediately WOZ and Wonka come to mind. Ghostbusters as well. If the assets and video clips have already been negotiated for visual gameplay it wouldn’t be a stretch to re-market them for pinball consumption. Easy $.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_pinball_manufacturers

https://gamblingriot.com/slot-machine-manufacturers/

Hmmm…..

#32378 1 year ago

Oh good, now you guys can keep talking about BTTF.

6D14AE6D-5914-4AEA-BC46-18025D81F78B.gif6D14AE6D-5914-4AEA-BC46-18025D81F78B.gif
#32591 1 year ago
E3FFCBE2-5117-473D-9740-1C78425C78AA.gifE3FFCBE2-5117-473D-9740-1C78425C78AA.gif
#32628 1 year ago
Quoted from Charles_Kline:

I'm a huge BTTF fan but all the gooberfans in this thread constantly posting about it make me want to see it never come out.

Sweet jeebus - nailed it.

#32794 1 year ago

No one has mentioned BTTF in like three whole pages…. can we get back on topic, please.

#32880 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

It's not Society getting sensitive , it's an English title with a link to the Queen , it's a show of respect .

Quoted from digitaldocc:

… Let's hope they code the right thing for fans or at least have the adult mode. Please don't Jersey Jack this game.

FFS - don’t buy it - problem solved. I’m sure Scooby Doo will be out soon.

#32902 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

My gut tells me it will be gimmicky

Are you kidding?? James Bond is all about the gimmicks.

#32919 1 year ago
Quoted from BasementFacts:

If no, it guarantees BTTF.

I knew we wouldn’t make it much longer.

1 week later
#33076 1 year ago
Quoted from Prince66cali:

Stop with the fake business modeling. Pinball machines, like ferraris, alfa romeos, and rolex watches are a "giffen" good. I understand that demand siders dont like that perspective but in the us we are always a supply side economy. If you dont like that move to the eu and pay 25% vat.

Fake business modeling???

The basis of the argument is that making 1 model is cheaper than making 3 different ones. And the statement Tyler_Durden is making is absolutely correct if all resources focus all efforts on one outcome. From a manufacturing standpoint, the resources for creating 1 SKU will always be cheaper than creating 3.

#33128 1 year ago
Quoted from Prince66cali:

100% fake modeling. If pinball machines were fords who would want any of them. People buy them for exclusivity. If I could buy a pinball at walmart, I wouldnt collect.

Ask mpdpvdpin why he buys pins.

#33132 1 year ago

Who the fuck is James Bond?

1 week later
#33436 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Would love to see a new Terminator game , in a modern pin .

Quoted from Pinball_Syd:

T4S (Terminator 4 Salvation.. not to be confused with TS4… sorry couldn’t resist).
Can’t see why not? Raw Thrills released a big ass shooter arcade game in 2010, which admittedly during the film’s release. Can’t see why Stern or anyone else couldn’t secure this IP? As long as it had GnR “You Could Be Mine” for the ball intro, T classic theme score as static back ground and optional mirrored Backglass, as per the below.
Bring back team Richie for T4S, with a nod to T2 similar to BK nod towards BKSOR.

What’s with you Aussies today??

At least root for the home team…

01A897DC-FA34-451C-9082-79FFA47934A3 (resized).jpeg01A897DC-FA34-451C-9082-79FFA47934A3 (resized).jpeg
#33438 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

ID be all for a Mad Max pinball machine , but knowing our luck it would be Fury Road

A very legitimate concern. OG is the only Mad Max.

#33452 1 year ago

I’ve followed this build closely - looks awesome.

#33485 1 year ago

I think a Sausage Party pin could be pretty funny. At least I would imagine it would be funnier than Toy Story.

#33541 1 year ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

Sorry, but dare I ask what would be wrong with doing a pinball with the barnstable twins?! Seems there's plenty for some great cabinet art.. just saying!
[quoted image]

Paging SLCpunk2113

#33550 1 year ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

Why am I being paged?

35546D72-7072-48EC-8ABB-D7B5C96C872E.gif35546D72-7072-48EC-8ABB-D7B5C96C872E.gif
#33631 1 year ago

Can we just delete this entire page, please?

#33716 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Girlfriend in a Coma multiball

It’s serious.

2 weeks later
#33912 1 year ago
Quoted from oneballjab:

For the love of God people, please shut the F##k up about Back to the Future.
[quoted image]

You left out the “MOTHER FUCKER” part.

#33919 1 year ago
Quoted from oneballjab:

Wasn't sure if I would get a slap on the wrist for that. [quoted image]

You left out the “ROYALE’ WIT CHEESE” part

1 month later
#34691 1 year ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

George said the DeadFlip game is kind of a new direction for Stern.

Pokemon.

#34694 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinplayer1967:

That’s not a new direction, it’s a desperate attempt to sell machines to a small minority.

It’s JDs dream theme - he’s said it multiple times - just connecting the dots.

2 months later
#35927 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

I played TS4 for the first time the other day, what a cluster!

Couldn't agree more.

I do like the Foo Fighters though - hopefully Stern gets it right. I like Rush (the band) but was skeptical about the pin... boy was I surprised - I think it turned out great (except for the band member graphics).

#35974 1 year ago
Quoted from mzhulk:

If stern announced a bttf pin that would pretty much wipe out are other pinball manufacturers new games excitement

yeah.... not really.

You bttf guys crack me up.

#36112 1 year ago
Quoted from BasementFacts:

If JJP's bombshell Harry Potter tease is true….

“Bombshell Harry Potter” … like bombshell Toy Story, Willy Wonka, Wizard of Oz????

POTC (while not immediate) and Guns and Roses are JJP’s best efforts. If they release a Harry Potter, it’s the parents of millennials that will be buying them for their kids just like the movie tickets.

JJP needs to get off this kiddie theme stuff. They’re great at making games but their theme choices just baffle me.

#36177 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

It was confirmed a long time ago by IP titan Joe K. That if HP is going to be made, for which he controls the license for pinball, it will be done by Stern. Here is his TWIP statement on the matter. Even Pintastic is billing Godfather as JJP’s next release.

My point wasn't to debate which pin manufacturer is doing Harry Potter but drawing into question JJPs theme choices to potentially include HP. I think JJP's games are well executed in terms of theme integration and creativity but their choice of themes I find mostly unappealing save for the two I mentioned. Godfather could be interesting and on par thematically with GnR - a welcome departure from their strange attraction to kids movies.

#36239 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

I'm the same age as Dave - it's 100% dad rock LOL

So what's on your "not dad rock" playlist that you would like to see a pin of?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Drumstarr mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Waxhaw, NC
$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 150.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lounge.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine?tu=lounge and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.