20240423_100718 (resized).jpg
20240423_100723 (resized).jpg
Whoa (resized).jpg
51AE3C41-1E6E-417B-B0FC-EAF0D317F2BB.gif
vince-neil-is-upset (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #33984 Stern's new factory information Posted by Grantman (1 year ago)

Post #36014 TRAILER: Foo Fighters Pin teaser trailer Posted by Yoko2una (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lotr_breath.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11858 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

Couldn't agree more.
Don't get me wrong I do like Stern but tired of the title choices.
Munsters was my worst NIB purchase to date.

Munsters was everyone's worst purchase to date.
I posted this on another thread but worth repeating. Chills! So many are/will complain about dad rock, dinosaur rock, whatever. This game will sell. And if the gameplay is good, they will sell one to me!

#11891 3 years ago

I have to agree about Stairway to Heaven. Their biggest song but I don't see it working for pinball. So I hope they leave it out. Besides, how's a ball gonna travel up a stairway?

#11904 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Believe it or not a pinball can
[quoted image]

Nope, Addams and Munsters also did that. It's still a ramp!

image-38 (resized).jpgimage-38 (resized).jpgimage-9 (resized).pngimage-9 (resized).png
1 week later
#12373 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Wow just reading that was disturbing. Makes me think some people have some serious mental problems. The amount of spewed hatred over a pinball machine? is mind boggling. Maybe it is this pandemic and people are going a little south?
Take a deep breath and yell 'SERENITY NOW' a couple times-that works for me.
[quoted image]

I highly encourage you to make use of the ignore feature! It's there for good reason and it works great!

For me, one particularly nasty comment usually gets a pass. Two or more, you just know what your gonna get from that user and onto the list they go!

#12380 3 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

So is Godzilla a legit possibility?

Keith Elwin has always said he liked the Data East version. I would say yes, good chance.

#12389 3 years ago
Quoted from Xaqery:

We never grab licenses without plans to use them. Many of us have wanted to do Godzilla for a long long time. I can not speak to when the game will be made or who will be working on it. All I can say is that mudwrestling was involved.

Pinside top post of the day!

#12434 3 years ago

Yeah, Mike V has lost a ton of weight!

1 week later
#12537 3 years ago

Stern already found the next Elwin. His name is Keith Elwin...

#12542 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

That doesn’t even make sense. Stern needs to continue to bring in younger designers that have something to prove. That’s the only way they are going produce tables with fresh ideas in the future.

I guess my point was nobody is another Keith Elwin. That's like another Tom Brady or another Michael Jordan. Sorry for the sports analogy...

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#12724 3 years ago
Quoted from LeMansFan:

Dream themes for me:
Music:
The Chemical Brothers (tons of perfect songs and lots of theme possibilities)
Radiohead (my favorite band, but I am the first to agree their music may not be suitable for pinball)
The Grateful Dead (while I can appreciate their music, it's the fact my wife would agree to one immediately, I can also envision an excellent art package)
Pink Floyd
Daft Punk
Movies:
Anything Tarantino, but ideally Pulp Fiction
True Lies (still an all-time favorite)
Scarface
A Clockwork Orange
The Fifth Element

We don't see eye to eye on music, but your movie picks are spot on! The Fifth Element is a top 5 movie of all time for me.

Music pins for me would be:
Van Halen
Beastie Boys
Queen
Ozzy/Black Sabbath
Rush

#12734 3 years ago
Quoted from cantbfrank:

How about that, another vote for the Beastie Boys. For get TMNT where you partner with another player. Lame. Give me a Beastie Boys pin with Sabotage feature where I take away a locked ball from my opponent!

I can't stand it
I know ya planned it
Imma set it straight
This watergate...

#12855 3 years ago

I heard Eagles, too. Funny Eagles story. I saw Joe Bonamossa in B'ham many years ago. It was a good crowd but far from sold out. The Eagles were playing at the exact same time right next door in the much larger arena and were sold out. It pissed Joe off that the two shows were scheduled on top of each other. He even mentioned it on stage. It took him 5 years to come back to B'ham. Joe's live shows are awesome and I would much rather see him over the Eagles any day!

#12908 3 years ago

Beastie Boys would have to have:
No Sleep Till Brooklyn
Fight for Your Right
Sabotage
Intergalactic
High Plains Drifter
So Whatcha Want
Brass Monkey
Funky Boss
Sure Shot
Root Down
Three MC's and One DJ

It would be awesome to get Mix Master Mike to do some custom tracks for background music, but there's probably no way that's happening.

Over 20 million records. Seven platinum albums. Best selling rap group of all time. C'mon Stern, make it happen!

images (resized).jpegimages (resized).jpeg
#12927 3 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

WIlliams/Bally accomplishments....I don't see Stern on the top selling list....
1. The Addams Family (20,270 produced plus 1000 gold editions later on, Midway Manufacturing Company - trade name: Bally 1992)
2. Eight Ball (20,230 produced, Bally Manufacturing Corporation 1977)
3. Flash (19,505 produced, Williams Electronics 1979)
4. Playboy (18,250 produced, Bally Manufacturing Corporation 1978)
5. Firepower (17,410 produced, Williams Electronics 1980)
6. High Speed (17,080 produced, Williams Electronics Games 1986)
7. KISS (17,000 produced, Bally Manufacturing Corporation 1979)
8. Star Trek (16,842 produced, Bally Manufacturing Corporation 1979)
9. Mata Hari (16,260 produced, Bally Manufacturing Corporation 1978)
10. Capt. Fantastic and the Dirt Brown Cowboy (16,155 produced, Bally Manufacturing Corporation 1976)
11. Twilight Zone (15,235 produced, Midway Manufacturing Company trade name: Bally 1993)

That was another age and time. How can you compare today's numbers(which nobody really knows) to those?

#12948 3 years ago
Quoted from cantbfrank:

Great list! I agree with them all. But missed one, well there a few that I would like to see on the list. But the big miss would be “pass the mic”. One of my favorites. Alternate targets to hit when the mic gets passed in the song. Also “Shake your Rump” is another song that I would want to see, and could be integrated with the shaker motor. Another song that’s not as popular but could integrate well in a Pin... Egg Man from on of my favorite Beastie’s album, Paul’s Boutique.
What about a spinning disc, designed like a vinyl record, placed in lower playfield that spins to the scratches of the songs.

Shake Your Rump-ah. Love it.

Egg Man, "I woke up with egg dripping from the ceiling"

Paul's Boutique, "The best is men's clozing", ask for Janice call 718-498-1043, and we're in Brooklyn".

And my personal favorite "You got a mailbox on your bumper and a bald front tire"

#12985 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Stern will never make Beastie Boys.
Elvis
Rolling Stones
Metallica
ACDC
Aerosmith
Led Zeppelin
Iron Maiden
Maybe Eagles.
Nothing there to suggest beasties would even be on the radar.

Gotta disagree here. Remember when Metallica was announced? I never ever thought Stern would do a theme like that. And then Maiden, who were popular in Europe and the US, but I think many never thought that pin would be made. Beastie Boys are about as "main stream" rap as you can get. It would be stepping outside of the box for Stern, but they've done it before.

#13023 3 years ago

LZ looks fine in person and plays good too.

#13033 3 years ago

I have heard that LOTR Vault and The Eagles are a sure thing. Not sure how credible but it seemed legit.

#13107 3 years ago
Quoted from 2pupPinz:

M. Night Shyamalan pin....follow the red chair. I see dead flips

It would be an awesome game... with a terrible ending. LOL

#13174 3 years ago

Harry Potter themed pin is doomed from the start. There's no way it could live up to anyone's expectations, no matter who the manufacturer is.

2 months later
#15546 3 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

yet I fear it would be LZ type fun.

LZ premium is awesome. If they made a VH pin on par with that I would be all over it!

#15668 3 years ago
Quoted from tp:

My dream theme. Lots of stuff to draw from as it has a full length movie and a great playstation game.
[quoted image][quoted image]

warriors_come_out_to_play_by_youngandreckless-d7eftfg (resized).jpgwarriors_come_out_to_play_by_youngandreckless-d7eftfg (resized).jpg
#15669 3 years ago

A few I would like to see...

6_greatest_comedy_movie_lines.jpg6_greatest_comedy_movie_lines.jpgfish did go.jpgfish did go.jpgnever-go-full-retard.pngnever-go-full-retard.pngsafety last.jpgsafety last.jpgvera-de-milo-2.jpgvera-de-milo-2.jpg
1 week later
#15976 3 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

Stern should release a beef jerky pin. Mainly because I just like beef jerky
[quoted image]

That's damn Sleestak jerky, isn't it!

1 month later
#18588 2 years ago

This is what we need...

IMG_20201006_0001 (resized).jpgIMG_20201006_0001 (resized).jpg
1 month later
#18933 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Just a wild guess here that you haven't played the game. For you guys that still rag on LZ, I'd remind you that there's a reason that some of the top tournament players love this game. All of your negativity sounds like the same crap that was spewed about STh a year ago...also a great game. So you can all keep counting coils while I enjoy great game design.
Stern makes fun games. Period.

Preach on, brother!

1 week later
#19272 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I've just been watching a music show hosted by The Beastie Boys .
It would be perfect for Stern .
You forget how many great songs they got and how many cool videos they have to go with them .
Just need a big subwoofer

I definitely think Beastie Boys should be Sterns first "non-rock" music themed pin. Still appeals to the older audience(I'm 56) but brings in some of the younger crowd as well. So many good songs. So many recognizable songs from all the radio airplay.

watcha want (resized).jpgwatcha want (resized).jpg
1 month later
#20899 2 years ago
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
1 week later
#21813 2 years ago

Add to that list:
Manhattan Project
Red Barchetta
The Big Money
Roll The Bones

And it would never make the cut, but The Necromancer would be awesome!

2 weeks later
#22164 2 years ago

My much simpler breakdown. Rush, 3 piece band. The all seeing eye is a reference to Big Money, one of Rush's more popular songs.

#22176 2 years ago

Oct.12, 2021 = 2112. Booya!

#22189 2 years ago

Look fun JD! Sweet sweet jumps! Congrats on your design!

#22242 2 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

Damn I looked good as a kid

And even better as a baby!

tranya (resized).jpgtranya (resized).jpg
#22397 2 years ago

Beatles is not even a hair on the ass of Godzilla...

I own neither, but have played them both quite a bit. No comparison.

#22407 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I'm not arguing that. Just saying that most Stern Pros look pretty barren underneath lately. At least it's not barren on top, too (LZ, cough).

Cough all you want. LZ pro is super fun to shoot. The Prem/LE even more so!

#22416 2 years ago

Ha, how can you rave about the prem/le LZ and say the pro is a turd? It's the same code. Yes, it's missing 2 MBs tied to the EM spinner, but all the other rules are there. Same songs, Tours, Tour MBs, Zep MB, World Tour, Top of the Charts, Celebration Day wizard mode. Band Boost, Super Band Boost, Icarus X. It's all there.

I do like the prem/le more than the pro. But for me the pro is still a solid 6 or 7.

1 week later
#22645 2 years ago

Please remember "An empty barrel makes the most noise". If the next Stern pin was Dogshit on a Stick, you wouldn't see me on here constantly bashing it...

1 week later
#22927 2 years ago
no pleasing you (resized).jpgno pleasing you (resized).jpg
#23024 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Don't know why you think this. By my count, Stern has only released three "weak" titles in the past several years that I can think of: WWE, Mustang, and Munsters (and even that is debatable). I'm not a fan of many of the themes that they've put out, but I can't deny that they're really fun, and SUPER fun for the people who are into the theme.

I pretty much agree, but Mustang was 7 years ago Boob. WWE was 6 years ago. I would say their weakest games of the past few years are The Munsters, BKSOR, and Beatles. And none of those are really that bad.

3 weeks later
#23672 2 years ago

Yeah, cause AC/DC and Metallica are such terrible pins...

I actually find the Godzilla theme song gets old pretty quickly, but it's still an awesome game.

If Rush is anywhere as good as Zep premium/LE, I'll have to sell something to get one!

#23714 2 years ago

Zep Prem/LE is seriously under-rated. If Rush is comparable, I'm all in.

#23761 2 years ago
Quoted from swampshroom:

Still trying to will this into existence!! I won't believe until it's revealed.
My favorite album has always been Farwell to Kings
A pic of some of my RUSH tickets that I've managed to keep hold of. Seen them 6 times in total. Who else has tickets or memories to share?
[quoted image][quoted image]

No stub, but here are pics from my only Rush show. Moving Pictures tour circa 1981, Shreveport, LA from the front row! I used to take this inexpensive Minolta 35mm camera with me to every show when I was a teenager. I've got some great memories there.

Rush 1.jpgRush 1.jpgRush 2.jpgRush 2.jpgRush 3.jpgRush 3.jpg
#23788 2 years ago
Quoted from BeeGee6533:

Talking about musicians/artists in terms like “the best” is kind of missing the point and truly not quantifiable. I’m a professional musician and have played with top players my whole career. Music is so subjective. I’ve performed with insanely accomplished jazz musicians who clearly weren’t able to play rock songs with the right feel or execution/understanding. There is so much complexity that goes in to playing music and each style/idiom has different merits. That said, I agree with your initial point that Neil is not “the best drummer ever”. Billy Cobham, Tony Williams, Vinnie Calautti, Terry Bozio, etc etc etc. There such a rich history of technically mind boggling drummers who also had great artistry. But, Neil is among the greats of all time simply because of what he accomplished in his own style in rock history. He created his own genre in a sense and his creativity was profound. At his peak in those Moving Pictures days he was pretty insane technically and in a zone. But, yeah, “best ever” is not really a thing. And if it were a thing, it most likely wouldn’t be Neil as great as he was.

Terry Bozio!

#23899 2 years ago

A slightly obscure Rush song but one of my favorites. I give you.... The Necromancer!

If you have a short attention span, just skip to 4:10 for the extra badass part.

1 week later
#24126 2 years ago

I like the Foo Fighters music. I also have the distinction of getting arrested at one of their concerts!

I think the chance of a Foo Fighters pinball machine being made are about the same as Muse, The B-52's, Radiohead, etc. In other words, about 0%.

#24186 2 years ago

I know this is way off topic, but the Gems in AIQ are not simple or easily understood. There may be only six but which shot you put them on changes the game quite a bit. Then they do something different if you put them on the target bank vs. a regular shot. Then they do something different whether that shot is built up to level 1,2,or 3. Then there's the whole "moving the gems" to another shot. I'm not an AIQ owner but I think I would have to be to ever fully understand the Gems. However, I don't have to fully understand them to enjoy the game. I think it shoots great and I have fun every time I play it.

#24386 2 years ago
Quoted from gregh43:

Stern is losing its edge. I would rather see a PRINCE Pinball over Rush . Prince is a Musical Genius Superstar. who deserves the Pinball Honor. or Eddy VanHalen Tribute Pinball. I predict low sales on Rush Machine. what a boring themed Pinball it will be.

OK, so YOU would rather see a Prince pin. That's fine. That's what YOU like. But Rush were also musical geniuses and amazingly good musicians and Stern will sell a ton of Rush machines. Word is you couldn't even get an LE before the game was even announced.

And please, it's spelled Eddie. Eddie Van Halen. It wouldn't be an Eddie tribute pin. It would be a Van Halen pin. Now that there has been AC/DC, Metallica, Maiden and Rush, I'm feeling better and better that a VH pin could actually get made in the future!

20201006_210915 (resized).jpg20201006_210915 (resized).jpg20201030_173815 (resized).jpg20201030_173815 (resized).jpgIMG_20201006_0001 (resized).jpgIMG_20201006_0001 (resized).jpg
4 months later
#26970 1 year ago

OK, so now I know why I'm not a big fan of Daft Punk. They sample a lot of music that I never cared for in the first place. LOL

1 month later
#28055 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Well, it's very high in the popularity ratings among all 35,708 1980s movies (#2), but there are a lot of strong pin candidates in the top 50...
https://www.imdb.com/search/title/?release_date=1980,1989&title_type=feature

Ha ha. Looking at that list, some great ones in there. But Blue Lagoon at #9? I guess people just want to see underage Brooke Shields ass. LOL

1 week later
#28456 1 year ago
Quoted from greenhorn1:

Ozzy with art by Todd McFarlane debuting at SDCC!

I truly wish you were right! But sadly, I don't think so...

2 weeks later
#29230 1 year ago
Quoted from shaub:

However, I feel like if a designer was given a lot of freedom to do some interesting and unique things with some cool toys, you could actually make something really cool that utilizes the extra space.

In other words, Eric M and JJPOTC, one of my favorite games of all time!

#29278 1 year ago
Quoted from Sugar:

Sleestaks indeed

GTFO that weather Pylon!

#29280 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Now there's a pin thst could be fun,, Rocky Horror

I remember not too many years ago, many were convinced that it was the next pin from Spooky. Then crickets. I think the music would be awesome and the game could be a lot of fun!

#29285 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I remember seeing for the first time in 1976, was 16 yrs old. College was showing it and didn't i.d. anyone. The audience participation was crazy!. I had no idea at the time, we were still a small redneck town , most of the students were from bigger cities so know all the props to bring.

Ha, I remember when I was around 15-16, we got thrown out of the theater. They had a big sign outside, no water pistols. Hell, when had big dish washing liquid bottles full of water. No way we were backing down. When the rain scene started we were just hosing people down. When we knew they were on to us, we slid the bottles ten rows under the seats. Too late! We got tossed out. LOL

2 weeks later
#29978 1 year ago

With all the chatter about Eminem I'd just like to throw the Beastie Boys out there again. Muppets you say? Why can't we have both?

2 weeks later
#31967 1 year ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

That Ripley’s has been on the factory floor as a empty cabinet for testing various things since RBION came out. I know this only because I asked myself while on the factory tour a few years back.

Why would you ask yourself?

2 weeks later
#33203 1 year ago

Wait. Is that a mock up or the real deal?

1 month later
#33724 1 year ago

It needs to happen...

watcha want (resized).jpgwatcha want (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#33862 1 year ago

Van Halen or Beastie Boys and I'm in...

20201006_210915 (resized).jpg20201006_210915 (resized).jpgIMG_20201006_0001 (resized).jpgIMG_20201006_0001 (resized).jpg
#33888 1 year ago
giphy_s (resized).pnggiphy_s (resized).png
1 month later
1 week later
#34741 1 year ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

LZ pro is an empty box. Richie games have great flow but this seemed like the license cost killed the whole BOM

Yes, an empty box with 3 metal ramps, 3 bank of drop targets, a 2 bank, 3 bank and 4 bank of stand up targets, a spinner, 3 pop bumpers, a stand-up target with a jumping toy, 3 flippers, LCD and a killer rule set with killer music. LOL

#34743 1 year ago

No, it's like Rush if you removed 1/2 the brick shots that go straight to an outlane or STDM. haha

1 week later
#34877 1 year ago
warriors_come_out_to_play_by_youngandreckless-d7eftfg (resized).jpgwarriors_come_out_to_play_by_youngandreckless-d7eftfg (resized).jpg
5 months later
#37405 10 months ago

Instant Stern Buys for me:
Van Halen
Beastie Boys
The Fifth Element

4 months later
#41940 6 months ago

How in the F is there NOT a VH pin already? Must be a licensing issue. They were the biggest band of the 80's, and huge well into the 90's. Do you think with Eddie's passing that makes the license even harder to get? And of course the whole DLR and Sammy Hagar thing complicates things. Stern - Just Make It Already!

1 month later
#42877 4 months ago
Quoted from JimB:

Best of Both Worlds:
[quoted image]

If Stern really wants to hurt my bank account, they'd make back to back games of Van Halen and The Fifth Element. SUPER GREEN!

IMG_20201006_0001 (resized).jpgIMG_20201006_0001 (resized).jpgIMG_20201006_0002 (resized).jpgIMG_20201006_0002 (resized).jpg
#42878 4 months ago
RR must be green (resized).jpgRR must be green (resized).jpg
1 week later
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

9,900 (Firm)
$ 10,499.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 12.95
Trade
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Space Coast Pinball

Machine - For Sale
St. Paul, MN
$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

$ 150.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 16.50
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lotr_breath.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine?tu=lotr_breath and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.