dad_lg-min (resized).jpg
E497E3E8-872D-4DC9-B95B-17AFBD94F4D0 (resized).jpeg
23DC2D2F-A90E-4CA2-98A1-F19762374E3D (resized).jpeg
FDD39C64-5E43-4A2A-80EF-54E82F1F62E3 (resized).jpeg
Keanu (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #33984 Stern's new factory information Posted by Grantman (1 year ago)

Post #36014 TRAILER: Foo Fighters Pin teaser trailer Posted by Yoko2una (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider konghusker.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4839 4 years ago

Kanedas rumor he heard was karate kid. I'd be ALL in on that one. Hoping that's true. Same with turtles.

#4844 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

As much as I love The Karate Kid movies, im not sure a pin would be all that exciting.

I agree with this, but would love to see it made. It's definitely a tricky theme to make a pin out of, but if it happens and looks good I'd be in. Similar to top gun. Not sure how you tell the story in a pinball machine. I think Goonies would make a much better pin story and I definitely want that theme to happen as well. KK, TMNT, and starwars are my favorite childhood movies, so any of those will probably find their way into my house.

#4942 4 years ago

Id love a Mario game, but feel that's a better jjp title.

#4946 4 years ago
Quoted from freeplay3:

Jjp would do better on all these titles. But this a stern thread.

I wouldn't say jjp would do better on all of them. I just think certain themes for jjp are better such as Mario, Goonies, he-man, bttf. I'm definitely hoping for a stern TMNT, transformers, karate kid, or top gun.

That said, I do think TMNT is next with great comic style artwork.

3 weeks later
#5412 4 years ago

What is the estimated release date at this point for the next stern?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#5512 4 years ago

I definitely want more magnets. Not in every game but when it makes sense. SW should have used them, and stranger things definitely should use them as well. Tournament players have hundreds of other games to choose from if they don't like magnets and more randomness.

3 weeks later
#5828 4 years ago

I'd be all about a jjp Indy pin. No interest in the older ones, but love the theme.

#5979 4 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

I’m sorry, really not feeling the love for Stranger Things.
I think 99% of the actors were just terrible, couldn’t act for toffee.
One big cliche..... 1st season had me slightly entertained then went down hill rapidly. Kept watching, hoping it would get better, ......... it didn’t - just ridiculously awful.
Kept falling asleep....
I’m sure Stern will hit a home run with the cabinet artwork. A young girl with a skinhead and a nosebleed all over the cabinet and a big fat fcuker cop on the playfield eating doughnuts...... the goofy looking kid on the translite...........hold on they are all goofy I’m sure it will be awesome...
Off for a few games of MET....

Lol. Well the good news is that you can move along then and check back 3 months later for the next stern release. I'm ready to see both stranger things and then TMNT.

2 weeks later
#6348 4 years ago

Stranger things is a great theme, but game didn't grab me. I'm totally excited for TMNT though. My money will go to either TMNT or gnr from jjp.

1 month later
#6740 4 years ago

We were actually excited about a rumored muppets pin. It could be really fun and humorous. Not sure about how to go about objectives in it unless it’s about one of the movies. Toy story though will definitely be a buy for us unless it’s totally screwed up somehow but I’m confident it will be awesome.

3 months later
#7770 3 years ago

1979 as an 80’s kid, tmnt is a dream theme. The big 4 of all 80s kids was gi joe, transformers, he-man, and tmnt. I’m still heavily in love with those franchises and most certainly will be getting this pin unless it turns out like star wars. If all these people want 80s themes, including a g1 transformers or he-man, then nobody can say turtles is just for kids and not lump it in with those other titles. Turtles is still relevant and probably more so than any other 80s property as far as cartoons go. No doubt this game will be a hit as long as it’s done well. Can’t wait to see this.

Themes are on about a 25-30 year cycle, meaning guys that were kids 30 yrs ago are now in position to make buying decisions, and also marketing and manufacturing decisions. They naturally like things from their childhood memories. It’s a 10-12 yr window really before kids from the next decade get into that position. As a 41 yr old man, my heart is for anything from the 80s. That doesn’t mean I don’t enjoy older themes. I grew up watching reruns of munsters, Adams family, Batman, and all the older shows with my dad. Those are important themes to me, but my dad would love those themes. I just don’t feel like I have to have them. 80s cartoons and movies though, that’s where it’s at for me.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 300.00
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Protection
Gameroom Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 17.50
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 12.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 51.45
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Medford, NJ
$ 9,799.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider konghusker.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine?tu=konghusker and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.