dad_lg-min (resized).jpg
E497E3E8-872D-4DC9-B95B-17AFBD94F4D0 (resized).jpeg
23DC2D2F-A90E-4CA2-98A1-F19762374E3D (resized).jpeg
FDD39C64-5E43-4A2A-80EF-54E82F1F62E3 (resized).jpeg
Keanu (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #33984 Stern's new factory information Posted by Grantman (1 year ago)

Post #36014 TRAILER: Foo Fighters Pin teaser trailer Posted by Yoko2una (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kciaccio.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4580 4 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Hopefully Stranger Things.

I thought the same thing..

#4591 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

For us Science Fiction readers, a Dune would be awesome! But I know it will never happen. [quoted image]

I heard another Dune movie is coming out.

#4619 4 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

that could make up for the fact we never got a Matrix pinball.

Considering there is a new Matrix movie coming out it could still happen...

#4623 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

matrix would be awesome. For me, John Wick no way. I hate those movies lol

The funny thing is there is talk that John Wick is actually a scenario within the Matrix story..that they are connected...

#4627 4 years ago

After seeing some recent interviews with Gary Stern don't be surprised if they come out with a comercial virtual pinball machine.

#4629 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Maybe, but virtual pinball isn't pinball. It's a video game. Same with VR pinball. I have them all. Got bored with them real fast. Good for learning table rules though.

Agreed 100%...But seeing how much Gary loves them now..and the bar scene these days..Would be stupid not to make a commercial version for non pinball players..

#4630 4 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Agreed 100%...But seeing how much Gary loves them now..and the bar scene these days..Would be stupid not to make a commercial version for non regular pinball players..

#4637 4 years ago

Well this is disappointing..This is the big December release?

#4649 4 years ago

I didn't know Data East was designing pinball cab art still...lol

#4781 4 years ago
Quoted from MANTO1975:

Would absolutely love a big trouble in little china machine.

How about Escape from New York?

#4784 4 years ago

Funny thing is..It could be a deep pinball machine.

1 week later
#5098 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

No way! I bet it would sell more than The Munsters or The Beatles haha.
Im not giving up hope

Every time the ball drains it can play this clip...

#5109 4 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Honestly, except for Back to the Future (which won't get done) and G1 Transformers, there's no themes really drawing me in this thread.
Pee Wee's Playhouse was ok back in the day, but "meh" now. There have to be better 80s and 90s themes out there. Not sure what they are. A classic SNL pin could be pretty damn cool. Aside from Deadpool, humor in today's pins is rare.

A humor pin that could have been cool but miss the time would have been Super Troopers..

#5112 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

The Neverending Story

They can put that as a mode in the Stranger Things pin.

1 week later
#5266 4 years ago

They are doing a re-make of Escape from New York...That is a pin possibility..

#5389 4 years ago

I would like to see a DIO pin before the other music pins mentioned..And his wife is still very hands on keeping his legacy going and would be a great help to Stern to get it done right...

#5411 4 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

Did someone say DIO???
It won't happen. Dio was always just a bit less famous than all the other bands. Don't get me wrong he's my favorite singer ever. hence DIOSPINBALL. My house is called Dio'sPlace(or at least my house's wifi is).
I don't see a Dio pin happening. But, it be amazing. And deserving. 3 all time classic albums with 3 different bands. Very important voice in the creation of heavy metal.
The one thing about Wendy Dio is she needs to get off her butt and release the unreleased dio tracks already.
I don't care if its only 3-5 songs... Dig deep into the archives and find maybe other sessions he did, or live tracks to fill it out... Or maybe throw metal will never die on it. Strike a deal with the guy who owns that songs rights.
Get that album out. And get an authorized bio out. And maybe get the hologram tour in North America.

You are right..We will have to wait 10 years for someone to a reskin of a Spooky Pinball Alice Cooper pinball machine... lol

1 week later
#5617 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Until people vote with their wallet, nothing will change.

People do vote with their wallet...And the Stern business is going by that..People are willing to pay for it they continue to price where they price..

Here is the list of voters for the Jurassic Park LE Pin..

Updated List!!!

JustLikeMe
Jake35
Pyropro
Dawscaus

LE Owners 0- 500

001 ???
002 ???
003 ???
004 ???
005 EightBallTexas
006 ???
007 ???
008 ???
009 ???
010 ???
011 cjmjmm2006

026 da_topper
036 BrainDance
044 medfly
049 PDX-Mike
068 Troutfarm
069 Fxdwg
073 Pickleric
075 Cdonnerusmc
078 charliew65
092 Kvothe
093 Willys45
096 Pyropro
097 bemmett
099 PiperPinball

101 youdontknowme
107 Pinball-NJA
106 Chambahz
119 zavadoza
120 youdontknowme
121 youdontknowme
122 younginvisions
128 Mavantix
130 hassellcastle
135 blimpey
153 Iceman44
154 Mummite
158 Brett
159 catchlight
161 mthirkell
163 SpeedXde ( Germany)
172 Tatman9999
176 Jerol
177 Carz5811
188 Chappie101
191 MikeHogue
196 Aniraf

200 peanuts
215 Jack35
218 Arcadem
227 Jurassic2016
232 Pingod
237 Neil McRae (UK)
242 gotfrogs
252 vongator
260 t7
262 DerGoetz
263 Aukraut
269 MSLOW
270 C_Presley
272 LodgingDolphin
273 paulbmathews
274 TheGunnett
275 Blakester
278 breger1
290 HawkMoon77
299 MTPinball

301 FrankMac
305 HiHo (Austria)
310 SunFox
311 JMK
313 scooterd
327 AdamRoss
329 JustLikeMe ( London)
332 Banker
348 Tacreno
349 EVH347
350 tuflyf
352 Dawscaus
357 NavyStan
359 PhillyAudio ( Germany)
362 TimLah79
363 TradesMan
375 dylanfan71
377 Coindropper
378 Burley9043
380 Pinstein
382 RacerX61
385 IronMan8bit

408 KevinG
418 BANE
421 Paragon07
442 Gmanrulz46
449 MrMikeMan
453 Iceman44
458 GnOsls
461 GamerRick
467 Elwood.BE (Belgium)
471 Bud
475 ToddW
476 Pbatt
498 Jints56

#5621 4 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Are you suggesting that we vote with our wallet because we own the game however we have not reviewed it on pinside?

Pinball making is a business..They won't change unless people stop buying...People as you can see by my list are buying..They don't care about pinside reviews..It does not pay their bills and it's subjective anyway..

#5623 4 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Oh I see. I think it is probably a bit of both. Completely shit reviews on games would stop people from buying, so like most businesses you need to pay attention to everything.
Thank you for explaining.

Right now they are the only company that produces routable games...

#5628 4 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

I thought this thread was for talking about the next Stern Pin?

Good point...lol Easy to get derailed sometimes...

2 weeks later
#5827 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Given Stern's last underwhelming Indy pin, I say leave that one alone. JJP has more potential to do it right.

Why are people trying to remake Indy all the time? The original is the best forever....

2 weeks later
#6281 4 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I don’t think I would have any issues living without that projector feature. It’s cool but kinda looks like a mini drive-in movie screen on the playfield.
Interested to see how the pro works and implements the upside/down.

Maybe the movie screen in the mall.

1 month later
#6788 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

They probably wouldn't have a problem showing a shoot out ot or something. Not a ton of head blowing off in the western genre, sans The Quick and the Dead

Tales from the Crypt pin was awesome wasn't it? lol

3 months later
#8043 3 years ago

How about an Elon Musk pin? Rockets and cars and solar panels...He probably would have some crazy call outs...

2 weeks later
#8299 3 years ago

Like to see a Daniel Craig James Bond machine done after his last movie is completed this year...

1 week later
#8340 3 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Ronnie James Dio damnit. If I say it enough maybe it will happen.

I would totally buy a DIO pin.

2 weeks later
#8481 3 years ago

Rambo pin?

1 week later
#8534 3 years ago

All this talk of Zeppelin and Black Sabbath, the Jaws pin is starting to sound better..lol
Does anybody secretly hope their dream theme isn't picked up by Stern and hope for another company to do it?

1 week later
#8631 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

I would love a pin that would scare the shit outta me!!! My kids have a VR PS4 and the scary games are intense .Its good to be scared you feel alive lmao

The only pin I saw scare people was when Ghostbuster screams...lol

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
4 months later
#11983 3 years ago
Quoted from Mark1971:

What about rereleasing lord of the rings with an lcd and actual movie scenes? What do you guys think about this?
This would be a premium vault edition and the same game just lcd upgrade and movie cuts.

I am down..Do that with Game of Thrones also...

1 month later
#12916 3 years ago

Stern should blow peoples mind with an original themed pin for a change....

#12919 3 years ago

You mean a sequel to an original thought Williams made? That's just the same as taking a licensed theme in my opinion...

#12920 3 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

You mean a sequel to the original that Williams made? Ya, sooo original...

#12924 3 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

I feel like there is room for a proper original theme but only if there is internal passion for it. Stern employs a lot of creative folks that I'm sure could excel if not limited by a license and pre-existing characters/ideas. For example, the team that did the animations for BKSOR nailed it, in my opinion and you could definitely build up more of a story with what's there. And for a pinball machine, the actual "story" really doesn't need to be overly deep and it could be catered directly to pinball much better than a pre-existing story.
But ultimately, the reason we see so many licensed themes is that a lot of people are just more willing to buy a machine with a theme they already love, sometimes sight unseen. Additionally, it's much easier to overlook gameplay, layout or artwork deficiencies when you are attached to the theme itself. So the question is, how the hell do you make sure you sell an original themed game? Since no theme, licensed or otherwise, appeals to every pinball player or buyer, I'd suggest that making a good game is the first step. Or maybe the real solution is to have someone like Elwin or Lyman attached to an original theme.
But then again, why would Stern take the risk when their current strategy seems to be working just fine.

I guess I just respect the Williams pinball approach...443 game titles and most were original theme titles...

#12926 3 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Williams Pinball is out of business.

WIlliams/Bally accomplishments....I don't see Stern on the top selling list....

1. The Addams Family (20,270 produced plus 1000 gold editions later on, Midway Manufacturing Company - trade name: Bally 1992)
2. Eight Ball (20,230 produced, Bally Manufacturing Corporation 1977)
3. Flash (19,505 produced, Williams Electronics 1979)
4. Playboy (18,250 produced, Bally Manufacturing Corporation 1978)
5. Firepower (17,410 produced, Williams Electronics 1980)
6. High Speed (17,080 produced, Williams Electronics Games 1986)
7. KISS (17,000 produced, Bally Manufacturing Corporation 1979)
8. Star Trek (16,842 produced, Bally Manufacturing Corporation 1979)
9. Mata Hari (16,260 produced, Bally Manufacturing Corporation 1978)
10. Capt. Fantastic and the Dirt Brown Cowboy (16,155 produced, Bally Manufacturing Corporation 1976)
11. Twilight Zone (15,235 produced, Midway Manufacturing Company trade name: Bally 1993)

#12929 3 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

It’s weird when you include the Bally games that were totally different than Williams Manufacturing
Especially considering Bally went from an also run to a major player when they started licensing titles. Many of which are in that list (or stuff like Eight Ball which is unofficially licensed and they were sued over it and settled by agreeing to license and make a Star Trek game)

Not really totally different and Williams bought Bally by the way...

3 weeks later
#13339 3 years ago

I think we know Hollywood is on a social justice crusade.....

1 week later
#13953 3 years ago

What happen to Harry Potter?

#14117 3 years ago

I am definitely over these super hero pins...Almost over these rock pins...Like to see something new...

#14126 3 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Then you can sit fat Vince Neil next to fat Axl. Ultimate stuck in the 80s experience!

You can have them battle each other since they hate each other...They have an old rivalry back in the day...

1 month later
#15848 3 years ago

I think Harry Potter will be the close to Christmas release...

#16184 2 years ago
Quoted from Charlemagne1987:

Ive owned a ACNC for 9 months, play it a lot and can’t seem to get enough of it. It definitely hasn’t gotten old for me.

It has also made me a much better pinball player with those tight shots..lol

2 weeks later
#17641 2 years ago
Quoted from NevadaNutJob:

I love Munsters and it’s my granddaughter’s favorite so it’s going nowhere - but if ever there was a pin that deserved more coding attention and integration of the assets it already has - this is the one .

Not every pin has to be a deep masterpiece of coding..I have an Alice Cooper, Tales from the Crypt and Pinbot..When non pinball fanatics come over to my house and play they always play Pinbot the most, then Tales from the Crypt and then maybe Alice Cooper...I like Munsters because it is an approachable pin..Most new pins are so complicated it turns newbies off...

#17647 2 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

I think you're confusing "depth" with "complexity" here. Deep games can definitely be as approachable for beginners as any other game. I think in the case of something like Munsters, depth would provide more things to do further into the game without affecting the approachable structure of the game.
For example, look at Deadpool, that game is not complex but it is deep, there are lots of things to "get to" and parallel objectives to do but there are also pretty straightforward objectives for anyone that steps up to the machine: Lil Deadpool MB/Modes, Battles, even just the Katanarama Time combos. Approachable and deep.

I think Dead Pool is too deep for the Noobie..That video fighting screen of different characters is not clear on what shots to be making..

4 weeks later
#18659 2 years ago

I think if they did Harry Potter a lot of guys collections could expand with the wives buying into this pin just sayin...

2 months later
#19610 2 years ago

How about a National Lampoons pin? Like Vacation movies?

4 weeks later
#20522 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Well found some interesting information. Talked to distributor in Georgia. They are having a meeting with stern on Tuesday. Also because of high fuel prices freight went way up.
So distributors said we can't do free shipping anymore. So stern said they would increase prices to cover increased shipping cost.
But I would rather pay extra shipping charge than have stern Jack the price up on the games. Because once a price goes up it never comes down.
And stern padding their pockets.

1_qNnF__fQbO-WHKzkRzTPtQ (resized).jpeg1_qNnF__fQbO-WHKzkRzTPtQ (resized).jpeg
#20674 2 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Rush is rumored to be a boutique run. That would make more sense.

Maybe they will reskin that shitty "Whoa Nelly" pin again for Rush...

#20694 2 years ago
Quoted from Hammerhead1550:

So does anyone know the official price of the next release yet?

6,660.00 for pro..

#20701 2 years ago
Quoted from Hammerhead1550:

I wonder what an LE is going to go for?

The best I have found is you get about $200.00 off msrp, but I'm new to buying NIB, so don't know anyone to so I can get a better deal.

I was only using 666 as a joke for Number of the beast. Don’t have a clue on real price, but I am sure it is close.

#21120 2 years ago
Quoted from KYLEDM5:

Now that Godzilla is official, it's time to move on. What is the NEXT Stern pin?

Harry Potter hopefully to hook the wives in.

#21124 2 years ago
Quoted from Bmanpin:

Wives, kids and almost everyone that has a kid. Oh yeah grown ass men like myself also. HP would be a great one but i don't think they can afford JK Rowling.

If Stern can pull off Star Wars they can pull off Harry Potter. Question is would you rather see JP do it or Stern?

1 week later
#21763 2 years ago

I can't watch the stream...Does it have Blue Oyster cult music in it?

#21796 2 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Team America would be epic, but Stern is too family friendly to take it on.
This would be a great title for AP!

No way. spooky pinball is the only company with stones to do it. AP put dinosaurs in Hot Wheels for Christ sake.

1 week later
#22027 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks like Pinball Brothers snagged the Queen License..

2 weeks later
#22210 2 years ago
Quoted from BigBalls:

Wow. That must be at least $1000 mechanism maybe $1500

If they sold it like toppers,

Quoted from PinMonk:

Probably the best value in "the pin" editions thus far.

$800 less than old pro versions a year or 2 ago. What a deal...

#22212 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I don't have a time machine (although China is supposedly working on one...) so given the current crazy market realities of pinball pricing, this is a decent value.

Actually, there are people who claim to have paid 4700 for an Iron Maiden pro NIB. That wasn't that long ago..lol

3 weeks later
#22750 2 years ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

Just listened to a podcast with Dwight. His list of dream themes (he wants to do):
1. James Bond
2. Harry Potter
3. BTTF
4. Matrix
5. Alien
Pinball Players Podcast Episode 60 @29:30

Did someone say Alien?

20211103_232149 (resized).jpg20211103_232149 (resized).jpg
2 months later
#25151 2 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Pink Floyd has got to be done sometime surely?

Well, I wouldn't hold your breath. I believe Gary Stern is Jewish and Roger Waters is an anti Semite..

5 months later
#28202 1 year ago
Quoted from blastbeat:

Still want Jaws, Masters of the Universe (filmation of course), Witcher, BTTF, GI Joe would be awesome too. I'd love some horror themes but doubt that's happening from Stern. Harry Potter would be amazing...

Harry Potter would be amazing and if JJP did it as good as Wizard of OZ I would be all in.. Stern would f Harry potter up and today's JJP probably would to.

#28231 1 year ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

I have 10 pins, many in the top 30 including MMr and GZ. Stranger Things is my favorite. Theme integration with the UV kit and latest code (w/Cleland's code) is excellent.
I had heard Netflix was a difficult licensee to work with which may explain why the game was only made for 18-24 months. Sorry, I don't think we'll see another St. Things pin or remake.

Stern Stranger Things had a rocky start, they didn't sell like hot cakes at first which probably forced Stern to make scheduling changes for production...
I always liked the game and the code got really good. Loved the assets they used. I like Jurassic Park but they didn't use any assets other than the theme song.
I hope jaws uses real assets, that would make or break for me.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Rockville, MD
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 24.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
FlipMods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kciaccio.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine?tu=kciaccio and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.