51AE3C41-1E6E-417B-B0FC-EAF0D317F2BB.gif
vince-neil-is-upset (resized).jpg
Severance (resized).JPG
We_were_on_a_break1-ezgif.com-webp-to-gif-converter.gif
maxresdefault (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #33984 Stern's new factory information Posted by Grantman (1 year ago)

Post #36014 TRAILER: Foo Fighters Pin teaser trailer Posted by Yoko2una (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider john1210.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#434 7 years ago

Next vault is lotr

1 year later
#882 6 years ago

Quite sure it's gotg with Borg ropp. Iron maiden isn't even close yet.

#894 6 years ago
Quoted from moonwk:

OMG! I hope it's GOTG. I'm going to start saving up for that one starting next month.

Get ready to be happy I think the pin will rock. Also Franchi on art I heard. He will make the game pop. Obviously Marvel will place restrictions so there will be some serious photoshopping I suspect but Franchi has a knack of making photoshop jobs look great.

#897 6 years ago

Yeah I think Borg will knock this out of the park. He has such a talent for good theme integration.

Plus his pros aren't stripped to shit. Always good value with a Borg pro.

#938 6 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

I could care less about the screen on the playfield of starwars....

Pinball to me is about variety. Nothing wrong with a change up of having a 2nd lcd on the pf over a toy. If every other pin doesnt have it in a line up (and theres a good chance they wont) thrn i dont see the problem. SW just cant cop a break.
I have a sw pro coming soon and I'll be all over a gotg. Think variety. and dont get too hung up or jaded about what "should" be on a pin. Take each pin on its own merits. Sw does exaclty what i think it sets out to do. Jmho

#941 6 years ago
Quoted from spinal:

Every page of (let's say almost) every Marvel comic book these days are drawn by very talented artists and look great - movies too. Why do I always hear that Marvel will place restrictions so it might not look good.
So if the art looks bad it's because Marvel did it?
Why would Marvel place restrictions to make it not look good? All Marvel does is make things look fantastic all the time - comics and movies. Same thing often said about Disney and SW art. Just saying I don't buy it - sounds like an excuse and a weak one at that.

Not saying they don't use awesome artists for their books/movies. A perfect example of Marvel's anal retentiveness with theme/art restrictions is Ironman. The letters couldn't be placed on the left/right target banks as they wouldn't allow the name to be split into IRON and MAN. To me that's pretty tight restriction. Just mho.

Also the mix of movie photoshop pf art and comic art on dmd on avengers is shit and doesn't meld. Probably also due to restriction/required usage.

An interesting point but maybe do some Stern back catalogue research before the ready, fire, aim comment. Believe it or not, not everything is Sterns fault artwise. With minimal restriction and interference we have examples of some awesome pinball art packages from them in recent times.

In answer to your question... yeah it is a good bet if the art sucks then it's marvel. But I believe Franchi will nail gotg if he's on it. We'll see soon enough.

#979 6 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

SMH, it takes 5 minutes, it's free, and the Redneck is history.You just dropped down a peg BK.

I don't use it either. Doesn't interest me in the slightest to change my twd to it. And I've heard it. Not everyone has to like it. I think the stock does just fine.

Same with gotg. What I get is what I get and I'm not going to mess with it. Just don't see the need or the point. It may be argued that it makes the experience better. Sorry but doesn't for me. This pinbrowser stuff to me is a waste of time and effort.

#980 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Some more clues via Chris Franchi. This confirms the next game is a John Borg design with art by Franchi. I hope the rumors of a Guardians of the Galaxy theme are true. I guess we'll find out when its revealed at his Expo seminar in a month.

Been saying it for a while. Gotg franchi Borg. No need to wait. There are some units already built. Glad it's Borg too. Won't be a stripped down pro as much. His pros are always worthy.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#981 6 years ago

maiden is quite a ways off

#1009 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I dunno, Nordman designed games tend to have more interesting toys than Ritchie designs. But Star Wars is a surprising low in the toy department, on a license that should have had the COOLEST Force-powered toys to interact with, not a tie fighter on a spring and a kind of random small LCD on the PF.

Haven't heard that comment about SW before

#1010 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Since you seem to know what's what who's going code with Borg for GOTG?

I'm not your mother. You're an adult? I'm partly confident that you can find out everything for yourself right? If not then don't air sarcasm on other people's predictions from behind your keyboard. Or get more resourceful. You pick.

I'm not trying to be a smart arse but just answering the title question of the thread from a source to give some fellow pinheads a heads up. Bloody pinside. Someone starts a thread asking what the next game is. People try to answer the best they can and.... we'll we all know what usually happens.

That's the problem with some people on this forum. They spoil it for themselves really. In answer to your q I'm not 100% on the lead coder. Hence why I didn't blab out a speculator. I heard it's ropp but like I said not sure on the coder.

#1014 6 years ago

Borg Lyman is always the 1st choice. Ropp has done some good work with Borg though.

#1047 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Nope not my mother, she's smart enough to be able to tell the difference between a genuine question (what I asked) and a sarcastic one.
I have heard rumours for months GOTG was going to be using Elwins Archer layout it's even been posted in this thread by a couple of different people, you appeared to know something different, I was genuinely curious what you knew/had heard, hence my question.
And just for the record if I was being sarcastic I would have added

So there was no sarcasm in your original comment? Ok you keep telling yourself that

Changing the gb flipper angles stuffs around with the entire geometry of the game by the way. Just saying.

10 months later
#2369 5 years ago

It is Munsters.... early Feb.

The Le is set to look like a coffin with red velvet below the side rails.

I personally won't be in on it as I'm not a fan of the old show so I may yet get a deadpool le instead.

1 year later
#7668 3 years ago

I’ll take a Borg tmnt which is what is next over an elwin.

3 weeks later
#8249 3 years ago

Jaws is my least fx3 pin to play... its just not a very compelling theme imo... a theme based on a great white Shark..... and?

I really dont see the attraction. Glad its not the next game.

#8278 3 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Theme would be very compelling if you found yourself in deep ocean water. Hard to play, but maybe you should float there and think about what you did.

Hmmmm???? na still a crap theme. i wish it was next though... would save me some money.

3 weeks later
#8440 3 years ago

Im thinking its a Richie music pin... Franchi or DD for art... code? Cant hazard guess, maybe TS again to pair up with Richie for a 2nd crack. Hopefully not Lonnie.

#8442 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Ritchie's next pin is supposedly Led Zeppelin.

I heard music pin but not zep. Pretty sure thats a false leak to throw people off the scent. Stern are the champions of it.

1 week later
#8528 3 years ago

John_l SR isnt working on Led Zep. Think similar era just a different mega group.

#8530 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I would be much more excited about a Black Sabbath pin.

Yeah i honestly dont think LZ would be as big a hit as some might think.

1 week later
#8672 3 years ago
Quoted from Charlemagne1987:

It seems everyone thinks it will be Led Zeppelin. I’m holding out for a JAWS. Fingers crossed. I’d also be interested in a Godzilla...especially if they did Godzilla vs Kong (that’s supposed to be the third and final Godzilla film).

Led zeppelin was thrown out there to throw people off the scent. For the most part it worked.

#8727 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

SR Led Zep next and can’t wait as I tend to like his games!

you're going to be slightly disappointed then, or happy to save the coin. You are right with SR.

1 week later
#8887 3 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Looks like Kaneda is calling the next stern pin.
QUEEN
Any thoughts?[quoted image]

Kaneda calling it? It was called by a pinsider on here about 15 pages back... and it wasnt a guess. Why is it when he calls it its gospel?

#9046 3 years ago
images.jpeg (resized).jpgimages.jpeg (resized).jpg
1 week later
#9340 3 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Hearing Strong Jaws talk.
I have my fingers Crossed.

Quicksilver makeover

#9356 3 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

Is this speculation on your part of have you heard something? I had not thought of a Jaws retheme but that could be interesting

Quicksilver make over like Beatles. No not jaws themed. No not speculation.

#9388 3 years ago
Quoted from cloggedDrain:

I really want to see a Haunted Mansion pin!

Get an EHOH... ?

#9485 3 years ago
Quoted from BallPin:

I'm the guy that just broke the news that Stern is announcing a new pin this Friday and that JJP won't be releasing GnR next. I posted those two things 23 hours ago and Kaneda just posted it 9 hours ago as his own news. Too bad for him I won't post anymore inside scoops and he'll have to go back to making stuff up.

It was posted on here that it was a quicksilver remake queen theme a lot longer than 23 hrs ago buddy. Bit on the slow side if you think this is breaking news

#9802 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Themes have run out. We’re in the pinball reboot age.
POTC
GNR
SW
Elvira
BK
JP
TMNT
...and now Avengers.
In this case, it’s fine. 2012 Avengers pin isn’t well liked, 8 years might as well be 80...the new crop of pin players like the theme & would want a good game using it.

I wouldn't consider bk or elvira a reboot, more of a continuation in a series. Next chapter type pins. Glad they made em too, they are both awesome games.

2 months later
#10947 3 years ago
Quoted from PokerJake:

AC/DC, Star Trek and BKSOR? Three amazing games. Star Wars even has a great layout, unfortunately the multiplier heavy code kind of ruins the game.

The multiplier aspect makes the game. Controlling and shifting the shots, huge risk reward building it up, timing it right for 40x... all great stuff.

#10950 3 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

There is clearly a love-hate for this game. I'm proudly in the absolute hate. I think the layout sucks ass. The shots are boring. The annoying tie fighter crap is awful. The multiplier rules DO suck. The mode selection sucks. Pro has a ship on a spring, typical ramps and three mid-pf standups? The LE at least has the death lock and the high-speed engine.
I would have bought this game in a second if it was designed well with a good ruleset. I've played the crap out of it (mostly the pro, but I have had two long sessions on the LE), and it's beyond mediocre. Owners will rant and rave and insist, but you're going to have to face reality: MANY people who know and have played this game enough to know it well dislike it. It's the same as the Ghostbusters crowd. That's another turd. At least black knight, the most stripped down modern pin ever made, shoots well and has pretty good code.

Who are these "many people " you have been given permission to speak on behalf of? Friends who personally comment to me about the game agree that its a game where once you understand the game and how to work the multipliers its addictive. The layout is SR butter. Btw it ain't hard to get a name up on one in the wild... I wouldn't be grandstanding your accomplishment so eagerly.

1 month later
#11790 3 years ago

Next release will be a double release.

#11824 3 years ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

What's that mean? 2 pins? Ain't no way...

Makes some sense when you think about it. They have the production capacity and deep enough pockets to flood the market with a couple of music pins to poach a few gnr customers.

#11969 3 years ago

I will be a little cautious if its a sexton coded game. BKsor is a little disjointed and messy. He didn't exactly blow me away with his coding expertise thats for sure.

#11986 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I’m happy to give him a first game pass on that one. The real litmus test will be how he goes on LZ. Ritchie seems to have a lot of positive things to say about him and he has worked with most coders in the industry

Yeah he may have learned from his 1st attempt. Possibly got more time on this title also.

4 months later
#16605 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Mando, as a theme, does nothing for me. Having Johnny Crap on art would only make it easier to skip. Location play? Whatever.
In my house? No fugly Johnny Crap art plz.
Edit: seriously. What are the opinions about this print? I think it looks like amateur hour. College application quality at best. We need more good artists at Stern. Zombie Yeti cant do EVERY machine and we need some variety (although id own a row of Zombie Yeti games if i could)

I think it looks excellent... great use of colours etc. You need to rewind 9 or 10 yrs and have a look at all the photoshop crap that stern did for EVERY pin back in the day.

Anything star wars related will sell well and get played a lot. Out of the 3 pins noted to be on the way... bttf, Godzilla, and mando ill take mando easily. Not a fan of Godzilla and tbh I really dont care for bttf... the first movie was fine I guess. I acknowledge its a cultural classic but I've never been that into it.

#16764 3 years ago
Quoted from RPZ:

Can’t wait for Mandalorian! Woohoo! Will love it even more when all the haters want one and it’s sold out!

Exactly...

Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Another reason I think it's NOT Mandalorean.
Premiered Nov 2019.
That is around 17 months ago.
Stern games typically take around 18 months from design to production.
Did Stern really start this game before anyone even saw an episode???
Kaneda and others are being fed plenty of red herrings!

Im sure those keen for their bttf themed pin will be happy soon enough but it is Mandolorian. I don't listen to kaneda so it makes no difference to me what he's fed. Excellent move by Stern btw. Just going on precedent not speculation with their releases paired with seasonal shows, they typically bring a game out 2 or 3 seasons in so the time line makes perfect sense.

#17101 2 years ago

I wonder if cara dune will feature in the game as Disney gave her the spear at the end of season 2. Surely the game would have been basically finished before that even happened.

#17105 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Code is the last thing that is finished...in fact, it’s usually not finished until years after the game’s release. If she’s not in the game it’s not due to the production timeline, it’s because she torpedoed her career by being a shitbag.

Ooookay. I wasn't really bringing up the point of whether or not she should be in the game, but you obviously had to get that off your chest

Also the games art and inserts typically reflect code already laid down or future code to come. The code being fully cooked or not is irrelevant and doesn't usually change the already laid out inserts and art. If the character is removed from the game purely through code I'd wager there would be possible art or inserts that would also need scrubbing...

#17322 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Lol yeah true.
Here's a couple pics from the Where's the Code GB thread I created some years back. It was nearly a 3 year wait for Ghostbusters code...Also it was world wide news when it finally dropped lol.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

2018 called and wants its complaining back. Games these days all come with well cooked code... and if they dont it always matures. Its the nature of the current market. Case in point Elvira. Munsters is shallow... shallow doesn't mean bad.

#17328 2 years ago

Just played mando vr.... great game. Some nice assets i hope transfer over to the stern game. Also has Cara Dune on it which is nice to see so its a good bet she is on the stern release also.

#17599 2 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

Think you’d be happiest with TMNT, as it has a lot of ball interactive toys. The layout is amazingly fast and one of Borg’s best ever. Knowing your style, think that would be up your ally. The only thing you might not like is the screen, lol.

Best ever aside from the lair shot which is completely broken... totally screws that game and the code is a one trick pony... get the right toppings to blow it up.

4 months later
#20847 2 years ago
Quoted from Drac:

How about JJP doing 5000 of the GnR LE. What a joke that is!

the games are tiered differently so cant compare, the jjp le is like a premium stern.

11 months later
#31008 1 year ago
Quoted from swinks:

it probably has been stated and I missed but heard on a podcast the other day that Jack Danger might be doing the next release, if so wonder if it would be using the layout that he was working on?
like a city layout could lend to Ramones or Elf in the city possibly
the target space above the outlane spinner looks similar to his layout
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That layout looks total garbage.

#31523 1 year ago
Quoted from RA77:

Bond will be incredible in its own right if a Gomez, Kaminkow collaboration.
Jaws will be a blockbuster smash hit if KME on design.
My thoughts are Jaws before Bond. Eddy Venom before both.
Really hoping there is a gory adult mode for Jaws !

A game about a shark.... wow prepare to be underwhelmed. The fx version isn't even that good. The movie hardly shows the shark until the end... that's the point. Its the mystery and suspense of what you don't see. The most memorable part about the original is the score and that would get as boring AF after a while in a pinball game. All the Jaws sequels are so bad I couldn't even be bothered commenting on them.

Venom, James bond are so much better themes for pinball.

1 week later
#32212 1 year ago
Quoted from GravitaR:

Another game may get the LCD screen treatement as a vault. Stay Tuned.

The dmd to lcd conversions will never happen. Not a viable business option by any stretch. New IP additions license renewals revised translite art etc, callouts and code changes.... the list goes on. Lesson was learned with spiderman thinking money would be saved with production given the game was already designed etc. It just didn't work, and that was without lcd upgrade costs.

Another game with lcd treatment? We havent seen the 1st one yet and there is a good reason why $$$

#32660 1 year ago
Quoted from Charles_Kline:

I'm a huge BTTF fan but all the gooberfans in this thread constantly posting about it make me want to see it never come out.

Im a passive bttf fan... I think its overrated but admit its cultural relevance. The 1st film is fine, I mean I would leave it on in the background while I'm working or something. 2 and 3 suck arse and wouldn't even give them the time of day. Average at best imo. When it finally gets released it will be an easy pass for me.

I think gomez will marry the bond theme to pinball really well. He's always been my fav designer and its not even close for me. Nice change up from bands and marvel too with this theme. Great ip choice stern.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 10.50
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Surfside Beach, SC
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Wayne, IN
$ 10.00
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Danbury, CT
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
JAWS (PREMIUM) Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
BomberMods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 16.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 269.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 21.50
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider john1210.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine?tu=john1210 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.