Topic Stats

• 5,654 posts
  • 753 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 minutes ago by HeadNZ
  • Topic is favorited by 125 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 575 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

pasted_image (resized).jpeg
IronThroneSettledAtLast (resized).jpg
rocky-horror[1] (resized).jpg
8F240DB1-2290-4ABC-B1A8-E6A8099AE59F (resized).jpeg
anotherJawsHint (resized).png
Screenshot_20191112-180538_Google (resized).jpg
11173933_800[1] (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
94A70925-0E74-49DB-98B0-21ECB105AED1 (resized).jpeg
38917493745_6778c812ce_b (resized).jpg
JAWS_STERN-POSTERV2 (resized).png
TY0161200_pinball_2__92529.1570715153 (resized).jpg
EA31EE09-FCED-484D-B280-ECDAD5CB3F5B (resized).png
STHINGSPin (resized).jpg
9D5B11D7-4999-4601-B83A-7E0B259EAA00 (resized).jpeg
65A89B62-64F9-4251-9AA4-7BF4D70D2632 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider john1210.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#434 3 years ago

Next vault is lotr

1 year later
#882 2 years ago

Quite sure it's gotg with Borg ropp. Iron maiden isn't even close yet.

#894 2 years ago
Quoted from moonwk:

OMG! I hope it's GOTG. I'm going to start saving up for that one starting next month.

Get ready to be happy I think the pin will rock. Also Franchi on art I heard. He will make the game pop. Obviously Marvel will place restrictions so there will be some serious photoshopping I suspect but Franchi has a knack of making photoshop jobs look great.

#897 2 years ago

Yeah I think Borg will knock this out of the park. He has such a talent for good theme integration.

Plus his pros aren't stripped to shit. Always good value with a Borg pro.

#938 2 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

I could care less about the screen on the playfield of starwars....

Pinball to me is about variety. Nothing wrong with a change up of having a 2nd lcd on the pf over a toy. If every other pin doesnt have it in a line up (and theres a good chance they wont) thrn i dont see the problem. SW just cant cop a break.
I have a sw pro coming soon and I'll be all over a gotg. Think variety. and dont get too hung up or jaded about what "should" be on a pin. Take each pin on its own merits. Sw does exaclty what i think it sets out to do. Jmho

#941 2 years ago
Quoted from spinal:

Every page of (let's say almost) every Marvel comic book these days are drawn by very talented artists and look great - movies too. Why do I always hear that Marvel will place restrictions so it might not look good.
So if the art looks bad it's because Marvel did it?
Why would Marvel place restrictions to make it not look good? All Marvel does is make things look fantastic all the time - comics and movies. Same thing often said about Disney and SW art. Just saying I don't buy it - sounds like an excuse and a weak one at that.

Not saying they don't use awesome artists for their books/movies. A perfect example of Marvel's anal retentiveness with theme/art restrictions is Ironman. The letters couldn't be placed on the left/right target banks as they wouldn't allow the name to be split into IRON and MAN. To me that's pretty tight restriction. Just mho.

Also the mix of movie photoshop pf art and comic art on dmd on avengers is shit and doesn't meld. Probably also due to restriction/required usage.

An interesting point but maybe do some Stern back catalogue research before the ready, fire, aim comment. Believe it or not, not everything is Sterns fault artwise. With minimal restriction and interference we have examples of some awesome pinball art packages from them in recent times.

In answer to your question... yeah it is a good bet if the art sucks then it's marvel. But I believe Franchi will nail gotg if he's on it. We'll see soon enough.

#979 2 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

SMH, it takes 5 minutes, it's free, and the Redneck is history.You just dropped down a peg BK.

I don't use it either. Doesn't interest me in the slightest to change my twd to it. And I've heard it. Not everyone has to like it. I think the stock does just fine.

Same with gotg. What I get is what I get and I'm not going to mess with it. Just don't see the need or the point. It may be argued that it makes the experience better. Sorry but doesn't for me. This pinbrowser stuff to me is a waste of time and effort.

#980 2 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Some more clues via Chris Franchi. This confirms the next game is a John Borg design with art by Franchi. I hope the rumors of a Guardians of the Galaxy theme are true. I guess we'll find out when its revealed at his Expo seminar in a month.

Been saying it for a while. Gotg franchi Borg. No need to wait. There are some units already built. Glad it's Borg too. Won't be a stripped down pro as much. His pros are always worthy.

#981 2 years ago

maiden is quite a ways off

#1009 2 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

I dunno, Nordman designed games tend to have more interesting toys than Ritchie designs. But Star Wars is a surprising low in the toy department, on a license that should have had the COOLEST Force-powered toys to interact with, not a tie fighter on a spring and a kind of random small LCD on the PF.

Haven't heard that comment about SW before

#1010 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Since you seem to know what's what who's going code with Borg for GOTG?

I'm not your mother. You're an adult? I'm partly confident that you can find out everything for yourself right? If not then don't air sarcasm on other people's predictions from behind your keyboard. Or get more resourceful. You pick.

I'm not trying to be a smart arse but just answering the title question of the thread from a source to give some fellow pinheads a heads up. Bloody pinside. Someone starts a thread asking what the next game is. People try to answer the best they can and.... we'll we all know what usually happens.

That's the problem with some people on this forum. They spoil it for themselves really. In answer to your q I'm not 100% on the lead coder. Hence why I didn't blab out a speculator. I heard it's ropp but like I said not sure on the coder.

#1014 2 years ago

Borg Lyman is always the 1st choice. Ropp has done some good work with Borg though.

#1047 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Nope not my mother, she's smart enough to be able to tell the difference between a genuine question (what I asked) and a sarcastic one.
I have heard rumours for months GOTG was going to be using Elwins Archer layout it's even been posted in this thread by a couple of different people, you appeared to know something different, I was genuinely curious what you knew/had heard, hence my question.
And just for the record if I was being sarcastic I would have added

So there was no sarcasm in your original comment? Ok you keep telling yourself that

Changing the gb flipper angles stuffs around with the entire geometry of the game by the way. Just saying.

10 months later
#2369 1 year ago

It is Munsters.... early Feb.

The Le is set to look like a coffin with red velvet below the side rails.

I personally won't be in on it as I'm not a fan of the old show so I may yet get a deadpool le instead.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
$ 249.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Id Rather Play Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider john1210.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside