20240423_100718 (resized).jpg
20240423_100723 (resized).jpg
Whoa (resized).jpg
51AE3C41-1E6E-417B-B0FC-EAF0D317F2BB.gif
vince-neil-is-upset (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #33984 Stern's new factory information Posted by Grantman (1 year ago)

Post #36014 TRAILER: Foo Fighters Pin teaser trailer Posted by Yoko2una (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider john-floyd.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#18684 2 years ago

I could envision an incredible Pink Floyd Pinball Given their vast catalog and awesome imagery. That would be the holy grail for me. Sadly they’d never license it out...

5 months later
#23404 2 years ago

Definitely interested in RUSH if it is indeed the next in line. For me, rock pins have an almost infinite replay value and are keepers.

1 week later
#23773 2 years ago

Here is the supposed image....

RUSH (resized).jpgRUSH (resized).jpg

assuming this is true and the reveal looks good, I will be getting a Premium. Been a Rush fan since around 12 yo.

#23784 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Hopefully they don’t do a Led Zeppelin for you RUSH fans.

If it plays as well as LZ does, I’ll be even more excited about it. LZ is a great game.

#23834 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

For someone who hasn't heard a rush song , what's their best / most popular song .

Give 2112 a spin. Side A is a 20+ minute masterpiece.

#23849 2 years ago

Assuming Rush is indeed next and looks to be a good game upon reveal, it will be a Premium for me and I already have a spot with My distributor for his first batch. Will make my down payment the day of the reveal if I like what I see.

#23924 2 years ago

Don’t know who K man is, but I like that there’s 15+ tunes… hope they stay away from the mid 80’s synth heavy years!

#23932 2 years ago

Would love for the following:
Limelight
YYZ
Red Barchetta
Tom Sawyer
La Villa Strangiato
Passage to Bangkok
Test for Echo
Working man
Fly by Night
Subdivisions
Something for Nothing
Witch hunt
Spirit of Radio
Jacobs ladder
Freewill

#23959 2 years ago

Just saw my first FB post from a distributor and RUSH is definitely happening as it shows a pic of Geddy. Very excited for this one.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#23962 2 years ago

Don’t see any other reason they would post this pic if it wasn’t happening

B498F903-D854-4291-B086-BA63AE63A631 (resized).pngB498F903-D854-4291-B086-BA63AE63A631 (resized).png
1 week later
#24124 2 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Any distributors out there (or if you know of one) that has RUSH LE available please PM me.

Never hurts to throw out a feeler - Hope you get one man!

7 months later
#29715 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

Maybe Rush is just fucking awful?
Jeff

yet you own Halloween haha

#29719 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

Ironic you'd comment on this... For those of you who don't know, this guy gushed and gushed over his "dream theme" (Halloween) then whined about taking delivery then sold it in what 24 hours? Halloween is an outstanding game, unique design, improving rules, but yeah... Rush is so much better...
Jeff

Nope sold it in 3 weeks and bought RUSH instead. Halloween looks good but that's about it. Gameplay is boring as hell and shit was constantly going wrong with it. My entire group was glad to see it go and have the Canadian trio take its place.

#29724 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

Ironic you'd comment on this... For those of you who don't know, this guy gushed and gushed over his "dream theme" (Halloween) then whined about taking delivery then sold it in what 24 hours? Halloween is an outstanding game, unique design, improving rules, but whatever...
EDIT: To be clear, I'm talking about the band itself and not the pin, never played the pin so I can't comment on it. Updated my post to better reflect that since it was decided to drag Halloween into this for some ridiculously stupid reason.
Jeff

My bad - I thought you were referring to the Pin so I wanted to counter. Regardless it doesn't matter what I think anyway.

#29754 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Lol. Halloween kills Rush 100% you bailed too soon brotha.

Wish I loved it….Code couldn’t fix where my concerns lie w Halloween. Putting childish arguments aside, the gameplay just wasn’t my style. I didn’t like the repetitive left side and the upper playfields just slowed things down and lost their luster quickly for me. It is a beautiful pin and if I were rich and had a huge room I would have kept it as a collectors item for it is stunning IMO. I miss seeing it in my room, but I don’t really miss playing it. Rush is just more my style and I have no regrets. And yes, I’m biased towards rock pins.

That being said, ALL pins are fun to some degree, so no opinion is invalid if backed up with valid points that suit their preferred aspects of a game. World would be boring without variety.
Hey I wish Sterns next game would be Pink Floyd but I’m sure many people here would find it boring as hell.

#29756 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Thunderbirds.
That is all.

That bad eh? Never played it. Ok…maybe ‘most’ pins are fun to some degree haha

My apologies if I created a bad vibe here for a little bit. I’m always excited to see what new pins are around the corner as well.

#29773 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Oh, I think a Pink Floyd The Wall (especially) pin would be epic. I just don't see Stern ever doing a Pink Floyd pin because of the long-running anti-Semitic position of Waters.

Agreed. Roger has tarnished the Pink Floyd brand with his constant political preaching bullshit. Not shocking Gilmour won’t allow him to promote on the Floyd site. His current tour is an absolute shit show and boring as hell. First tour of his I’ve skipped since 99, and I have zero regrets. Telling fans to fuck off and go to the bar at the beginning of the show if you don’t fall in line with his politics was the last straw for me. Fuck Roger Waters - nothing but a has been.

#30106 1 year ago
Quoted from PantherCityPins:

I’m not a fan of another music pin either but I would give Foo Fighters a look. Haven’t we had enough dad rock pins already? AC/DC, Aerosmith, Led Zepplin, Queen, Metallica, Rush, Iron Maiden, Rolling Stones, Beatles…make it stop!!!
Future music pin possibilities: Snoop Dogg, Eminem, Foo Fighters, Prince, Michael Jackson, U2, Abba

“Dad Rock” otherwise known as “classic Rock” fits the demographic of the majority of home buyers. It was the music many grew up with that now have disposable income. For me, the 60’s-80’s was the best time for music. Personally, I have 0 interest in modern bands and would never buy a pin with a “son Rock” theme (if I may use the term). Just don’t see any new bands outselling the old school rock themes out there. Bring on more of the old shit - Pink Floyd, Black Sabbath, jimmy Hendrix ect. That’s timeless music.

#30110 1 year ago

Music pins just never get old to me. Hope to see many more coming out in the upcoming years and to see others’ theme interests come to fruition as well.

#30111 1 year ago
Quoted from Prince66cali:

Fact Check: The largest home buying demographic in the US is currently millenials.

Hmmmm - don’t really see millennials having enough cash to buy pinball machines compared to those that have been working for the past 20-30 years and are established.

2 weeks later
#31950 1 year ago
Quoted from acedanger:

Man BTTF should of stopped at the second one... third one was god awful.

Ugh - should have stopped after the first one IMO. I bought that blu ray set years ago and gave away parts 2 and 3. The original is awesome, but I thought the sequels just plain sucked.

#32392 1 year ago

Congrats - Glad those interested in 007 got their theme! Definitely Not for me, so I feel 10K ahead leading into 2023!

#32799 1 year ago

I'm not digging how 007 looks from the pics - looks lame. Looks like a huge step down from Godzilla and RUSH, IMO.

#32913 1 year ago

Some shots do look cool, but I'm not diggin the playfield, cabinet, or backglass art at all. YUCK! I can see the style they are going for, but its Just not to my taste. I'm sure the mechs will be neat, but once you see them in action a few times, the novelty would wear off for me. Definitely not a game I'm interested in purchasing as I'm not a huge 007 fan. Will be interesting to see how it plays tho...

1 week later
#33168 1 year ago

Stern just posted bond on FB

3 months later
#35215 1 year ago

Looking forward to the next Rock Pin - I'd be happy with Pink Floyd, Black Sabbath or Motley Crue.

1 month later
#36110 1 year ago

Love seeing like-minded wishes for Caddyshack! My favorite comedy - Would love to see that movie get a game.

#36336 1 year ago

Love stern’s expression lighting. It’s a must on stern Rock pins! GNR’s lighting is bad ass as well.

2 weeks later
#36696 1 year ago

Someone posted “heavy metal for moms” a couple weeks ago - cracked me up! No edge to them and their tunes do nothing for me. Game looks cool though, but no way would I want to hear their music daily in my house.

#36718 1 year ago

Don't even get me started on a Floyd Pinball... it could be insanely cool, but ain't gonna happen.

1 week later
#36805 1 year ago
Quoted from finnflash:

I have an off topic question, wasn't sure where to go with it.
Did anyone here get charged for the Insider Connected box in January and never receive anything?

Yep - believe I was charged recently - haven’t received anything yet. Last time I got a Stern Coin around a year ago…

4 weeks later
#37082 12 months ago

Very sad to see the latest interview with Michael J Fox - His condition is really starting to take a toll on him. Poor guy - it's heartbreaking.

2 months later
#38986 9 months ago

Gotta say the layout for Venom looks VERY boring. As another mentioned - basically a back playfield shooting gallery. Way too uniform, no side shots or anything that interests me. I have a feeling we will see a lot of these pop up used once the next shiny new game gets announced. Not even interested in playing it.

#39017 9 months ago

I should assume the next Rock pin won’t be until 2025, sound about right? I’m sure they want to hit some other non-music themes in the next year to make everyone happy.

#39098 9 months ago

I'd like to see a Pink Floyd or Black Sabbath Pin in 2025!

#39111 9 months ago

Looks like Rick Moranis in that first pic

2 months later
#41418 6 months ago

Pink Floyd Pinball - and do them justice!

#41423 6 months ago
Quoted from Nicholastree:

I've always thought The Wall would be a great theme for a machine. But Dark Side? Wish? Ummagumma? Meddle? Animals? Piper? Saucerful? Those albums all have some good stuff, but not for the high-energy pinball games need.
Although, now that I think about it, a multiball mode called "Several Species of Small Furry Animals Gathered Together in a Cave and Grooving with a Pict" might make for a pretty cool ball-save MB that drains the balls at the end of the song.

A greatest hits would work out just fine for me at least - I could name plenty of tunes that would work - that’s been discussed in the Floyd thread I made a while ago. Pipe dream I know…just keeping my hope alive.

#41444 6 months ago

How about a Dazed and Confused Pin? - 30th anniversary this year. Great soundtrack and overall great vibe! Hits the sweet spot of the pinball buying demographic to relive their youth in the 70’s.
* moon tower toy
* Emporium upper level area
* gathering and paddling the freshman mode
* adult mode necessary

Could be an easy license to snag

IMG_1595 (resized).jpegIMG_1595 (resized).jpeg
1 month later
#42692 4 months ago

No way This rumor can be legit - If you want to see slow sales, please make Journey your next music pin.

1 week later
#43108 4 months ago

Mine went out on my Beatles - Lights up briefly upon startup and then Just goes out once the game is on.

2 weeks later
#43478 4 months ago

Haha Stern on a Fern!

1 week later
#43968 3 months ago

A very adult version of Motley Crue would be a badass pin.

2 weeks later
#44409 3 months ago

Looking forward to the next “Dad Rock” pin. They’re fun, they rock, and they sell.

#44449 3 months ago
Quoted from FalconDriver:

Sounds like Journey is on its way. Would prefer Black Sabbath but seems Ozzy is on the horizon. Sure hope they get those callouts from him soon!

Well, Journey would be an instant ‘NO’ for me. Sure they have some good tunes, but there are many other bands that would be far more interesting/deserving of a pin IMO.

1 week later
#44706 84 days ago

I bought Foo - Just because of the gameplay - I'm still not much of a fan of the Music. Still I think Journey is a HORRIBLE choice if it were to come to fruition and the sales will probably reflect that - so many far more deserving bands. I personally know no one that is passionate about Journey. Sure they have a couple hits, but thats about it.

#44715 84 days ago
Quoted from pinmister:

-You bought Foo because you are a music fan-not the layout-let's be real

Yes I am a Music fan, but if it were a straight up concert footage pin of Foo Fighters I definitely would not have bought it. It was the Layout and the Saturday morning-type Cartoon Alien theme that caught my attention. Still think their music is 'heavy metal for moms", but luckily I can tolerate it while playing.

Hey, To each their own - Journey = No thanks / Pink Floyd = bring it on!

1 week later
#44996 75 days ago

Cause they are Dentist office Rock!

#45018 73 days ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

According to Kaneda today from a source that has never been wrong: brand new Metallica game will be spike 3 launch title, coming this year (or maybe early next).

Heard the same thing from other sources as well. Hoping it’s a brand new version as I got tired of my old pro and traded it out a month ago.

#45020 73 days ago

I know I know…if I had the cash and the room I would have kept it, but it kinda got old for me after a while.

1 week later
#45427 62 days ago

Hopefully we don’t see any new marvel for years - way overdone IMO

1 week later
#45579 54 days ago

For the next stern, I'd like to see them actually test the finished product before it goes out the door. Seems like every damn game has it's issues that users need to take to themselves to fix - latest proof is with Jaws. For $10,000 I expect better.

#45608 53 days ago

I Love Tom Petty and the Heartbreaker's. One of the finest American Rock bands.

3 weeks later
#46115 28 days ago

Given I am a Floyd nut, I’d prefer to see a greatest hits pin and not just one tied to a particular album. There are plenty of great tunes that would fit pinball from Piper at the Gates of Dawn all the way through the division Bell. Still hoping, but not counting on it!

#46139 27 days ago

Seen all of Waters solo gigs since 99’ but skipped the last one for the same reason. So tired of his politics. Genius songwriter, decent bass player, HUGE ego.

#46294 21 days ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

Unfortunately they all seem to want terrible ideas like Pink Floyd, which while a great band, would make for absolutely awful pinball. You can easily write off anyone's capacity for knowing what makes a good or bad pinball theme as soon as they mention Pink Floyd. Plus, all pinball is already pong if you imagine hard enough.

Fucking ridiculous. Given this arrogant statement, Your opinion simply sucks. Heaven forbid people have different tastes….

#46301 21 days ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Pinball is upbeat, PF music is not. Maybe if it were actually the 70s with the slower play style, but I dont see how it could work in a pin. Not bashing PF the music, love em.

If “la villa strangiato” works on RUSH (which IMO it does), plenty of Floyd tunes could work to make a great pin. Themes a plenty! Not saying it would be for everyone, but I would dig it and wouldn’t down talk others who wouldn’t. Variety is a spice of life.

#46313 21 days ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

OK "John Floyd", I understand Pink Floyd is probably your favorite thing in the entire world other than grumbling about how kids today just don't "get it", but it doesn't make it good for pinball lol. Lets get you to bed too grampa. Covid collector with all brand new band games yes I'm sure your finger is really on the pulse of what makes a hit pinball machine, I have learned my lesson. PS- I said I like Pink Floyd

Frankly, I don't care if you like Pink Floyd or not - you take things far too seriously and come off as a D***head - guess it's because your some "high ranked player" as you stated previously haha - what was that #2 in Illinois? - BFD . Yes I started buying and playing pinball during covid - what does that matter? - I know what I like and have no regrets. FYI - never once" grumbled on how the kids don't get it" so you are making shit up to suit your assessment. I just expressed my excitement for a Floyd Pin and still will in the future.

#46316 21 days ago

#46318 21 days ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

#2 in Illinois? I'm impressed

I thought I saw him post that somewhere.... my apologies if I'm wrong - Guess that means his opinions matter more than others. Quite impressive, yes!

#46329 21 days ago

Would also love to see the following:

Black Sabbath - Would be F'n awesome (would prefer Focused on the Ozzy years

Caddyshack - prob my favorite comedy - the entire movie is quoteable!

Roadhouse - my favorite 80's cheesy action flick! (can't get enough Brad Wesley haha)

#46336 21 days ago
Quoted from JWP72:

I would rather have JJP do Pink Floyd and have to constantly fix the game than have Stern do a budget Pink Floyd pin with nothing in it and 10 songs

Was thinking that too - I really like what JJ did with GnR and Elton John and they seem to put just a little bit more into their games. Either way, I’m not holding my breath. Roger and David argued for almost 3 years over the new “Animals” liner notes, so a pinball machine would be quite the task haha!

#46363 20 days ago

Haymaker - I would like to apologize for the comments I made yesterday. It was an immediate reaction to your comments towards me and I don’t want that type of reputation on here and I’m not into futile arguments.
Yes I may be rather new to pinball, but I know what I’m into and have learned quite a bit in a short period of time.

To each their own.

I’m still down for A Pink Floyd pin tho and that ain’t changing!

#46376 20 days ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Oh, I don't know...I've always pegged you as one of the cooler people around here. And this post just proves I was right! (Of course, it could also be because we agree on so much...)
You're a class act and this was a classy move.

Thanks Bud - back atcha! I just don't like negative vibes floating around.

#46386 20 days ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

All good man. No hard feelings here. I apologize as well. You called my first statement arrogant, so I decided to really give you an arrogant one after that. Bad habit I have lol. I thought you seemed like a cool guy too to be honest, but ya know...I had to do my thing Cool of you to extend the olive branch, and I hope you will accept mine as well.

Yep all good man!

#46529 17 days ago

No clue who makes what on average, All I know is that in order for me to buy pinball machines, I’ve had to sacrifice going out to eat, vacations, and having no new car payments haha!
Money…It’s a crime….

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Slipstream Mod Shop

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Glen Ellyn, IL
12,063 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Temple, TX
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Blacklick, OH
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

€ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider john-floyd.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine?tu=john-floyd and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.