maxresdefault (resized).jpeg
images (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1713427968712 (resized).jpg
Untitled (resized).jpg
images (1) (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #33984 Stern's new factory information Posted by Grantman (1 year ago)

Post #36014 TRAILER: Foo Fighters Pin teaser trailer Posted by Yoko2una (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider joe_blasi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#313 7 years ago

Jaws? What about Sharknado?

3 years later
#7444 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

The existing Stern arcade game isnt very good anyway.

Pinmame + Visual pinball is better

#7446 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Physical pinball is better

When the games are fully working!

3 weeks later
#7472 3 years ago
Quoted from Midway-Man:

Guys what are you expecting? If LOTR is really getting remade. It will be based on Spike 1 Hardware with a standard red DMD, using the existing animations from the original game.
Renewing the license for a theme like LOTR isn’t cheap. Expanding the license to also use movie clips is even more expensive.
If they are going to use a LCD, they will most likely create their own animations like an BKSOR or Deadpool. But doing this would also require changed playfield artwork. But I highly doubt they are choosing this path.

color dmd?

#7490 3 years ago
Quoted from Midway-Man:

Sure you can add one yourself. But Stern won’t ship them from factory. They are always just using red.

spike 2 with just the color dmd art?

1 week later
#7601 3 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

Actually, I really doubt that the cost of a larger ROM was really ever an issue. The cost of developing the extra speech/music/video would dwarf the couple of dollars per machine that a larger ROM would have been.
90's games were less "deep" because it was unnecessary, not because they couldn't do it.

I think the hardware max was an issue that an bigger rom may be not be much to improve.

SAM had a few differnt flash sizes for differnt games.

#7604 3 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

The manufacturers really struggled with what they could do with the technology limitations. Compressed sound that is low quality was thing that burdened many 90’s games. Heck, even LOTR got the compression treatment and that was in the 00’s.

also the sound just needed to be ok for an bar setting.

#7613 3 years ago
Quoted from freeplay3:

In the old days, you could buy a golden tee for home and it was no different then the arcade version. Then the golden tee fore came along. You could play all the courses but not the tournament. Now golden tee live comes out and if you want access to everything it's a monthly fee...and you still cant play in money tournaments.
I could very well see something like this in the future.

I think it's free if you use your own network and not the cell link.
But IT games takes fees per game on line + big yearly software update fees and you need to change the pic as well.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#7617 3 years ago
Quoted from freeplay3:

If you use their network with the built in wifi its $15 a month. That's in a commercial location. We do give them a cut of every online game played whether its tournament or money games. As a player in your home you pay them a fee and you can participate in non cash online games for ranking. If you dont pay that fee you can just play the courses. You cant keep stats or use any clubs or balls you might have on your player card.

not wifi but cell.

Home is monthly or yearly and that yearly does not give you the yearly updates (that is it's own fee)

#7625 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Ball never leaves the shooter lane?

In DEM mode in GOP mode you need to put more coins in to shoot

1 week later
#7707 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

In pinball, we call them knockers

and games used come with real ones (now it's an added cost add on)

#7912 3 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

as always, will come down to the code. Sad they didn't go Eastman & Laird era (but duh of course not) but happy they didn't use the live action movies.
Can't wait to play it. I love pinball.

the lack of pubic location play testing may hurt the code

#8046 3 years ago
Quoted from chad:

Could they reskin Lost in Space / Appollo 13 combo ? Could be fun

14 BALL MUILTBALL !!!

#8088 3 years ago
Quoted from LewisD:

I would rather have The Goonies over BTTF. Or perhaps even a Sonic The Hedgehog (based on the video game) if Stern would ever do a machine based on a video game. Could you imagine the flow and toys on a Sonic pinball machine?

Sega should of made one.

Skit-B Pinball did make 1. Without getting any rights to it.

#8145 3 years ago
Quoted from ThatOneDude:

Looks like they are getting ready to do the "reveal" on Heavy Metal.
[quoted image]

DMD Spike v1 or sam?

1 week later
#8309 3 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

I'm not a big Bond fan so I didn't realize his game of choice was baccarat. That game is a joke, zero skill. Poker is a huge step up story-wise for a guy who's supposed to be a suave secret agent or whatever. It involves psychology, combinatorics, people reading, calculating direct and implied odds on the fly, etc. It's like flipping coins vs. chess.

I'm with you there. Almost every poker scene in movies or TV sucks.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#8317 3 years ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

I know I will probably get made fun of but. A Dragon ball pin would be sick. There is a lot of material in the show to make a great machine.

needs custom ball tracking

#8318 3 years ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

I know I will probably get made fun of but. A Dragon ball pin would be sick. There is a lot of material in the show to make a great machine.

needs custom ball tracking

Quoted from freeplay3:

How about a really good monopoly game. One that has deep rules, good call outs, and just fun to play. It would also need to include Player vs player scoring. Something like if you complete a property set first and the reward is a multiball the next player to do it pays rent by giving you half the points he earns during his multiball. One last thing, it cannot be a reskin of the other version.

half the points so just drain it out and don't play it as you gain 0 (other then maybe replay / high score list)

1 year later
#20102 2 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Sounding like price increase on next game?
Wonder if we are about to get spike 3 and some form of online play?

spike 3 or more like an spike 2.5 aka spike 2.0 with an better CPU

2 years later
#45138 71 days ago
Quoted from Whistles:

Just my guess since spike 2 uses hardware that is already likely compatible with whatever spike 3 contains, so yes I'd imagine it would be fine to run spike 2's on the new hardware. Even better for them if spike3 board is cost-reduced compared to spike 2. (this does not always mean downgrades- it's just how the chip market functions that older chips/legacy stuff can be more expensive than current gen.

spike 3 or really spike 2.5 may just be an better cpu card / board.

#45139 71 days ago
Quoted from John_I:

eah I am on the list for a Metallica Premium. My assumption for a long time is that this is a "Vault" style game upgraded to SPIKE 3 system and cabinet. SPIKE 3 should in theory be fast enough to emulate the SAM system, so little porting would need to be done for each game. The crappy mp3 mono sound would need to be replaced with uncompressed stereo sound and obviously the dots can be greatly upgraded.

spike 1 can and did emulate the SAM system

#45176 69 days ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

It's split evenly between Nintendo, Gamefreak, Creatures. Either way. We won't see Pokémon before we see Mario. Guaranteed.

their where 2 Mario games

#45314 63 days ago
Quoted from acupunk12:

Isn’t D&D another rumored title? Don’t see that getting much love

as long as they have the inlanes / outlanes as the bally game.

#45446 60 days ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

You are usually pretty knowledgeable, but I wish people would stop perpetuating that rumor. The game came out in 2014 specifically for the 50th anniversary of the first Ford Mustang. Camilo Pardo was contracted by Stern for the three different sets of translites and cabinet art because of the work he did in Ford's Advance Design studio. All Mustang pros built on April 17, 2014 had a special plate added in commemoration of the Ford Mustang's April 17, 1964 public debut. A row of seven Mustang pros were in the Ford booth at the February 2014 Chicago Auto Show, each set up with a special game code of two minute timed multiball play, to allow as many show visitors as possible to try the games.
[quoted image]

that timed mode (demo race) is in the last code update.
Now the other custom code is the timed mode with ticket pay out (that was on location test)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

Machine - For Sale
Cincinnati, OH
Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 145.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

Lighting - Led
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Twisted Tokens

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 28.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider joe_blasi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine?tu=joe_blasi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.