Screenshot_20240412_203046_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240412_203117_Chrome (resized).jpg
DSC06496 (resized).JPG
DSC06495 (resized).JPG
DSC05223 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #33984 Stern's new factory information Posted by Grantman (1 year ago)

Post #36014 TRAILER: Foo Fighters Pin teaser trailer Posted by Yoko2una (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jdoz2.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9518 3 years ago
Quoted from heyitsjoebob:

We should be close to a Steve Richie again right? Do you think he'd get put on a Marvel?

It’s kind of sad and blasphemy, but if Ritchie designs a game It almost instantly kills my interest for the game.

Really hoping for Elwin on this one.

#9529 3 years ago
Quoted from djsoup:

DJ Mixer.. I mean okay for turtles I guess.. but this is prob testing out for the next pin which will likely be a music pin. If its LZ then it makes a lot of sense with the license and the deep song library there. I'm still holding on to hopes for a BTTF trilogy remake... someday.

I assume DJ mixer will evolve into something bigger across all future games like a stern made pinball browser? Jack mentioned several times it’s just the tip of the iceberg of what it will do at the moment.

Might explain why they’ve been so adamant about blocking pinball browser with recent code updates. Could also just be them protecting their licenses too.

#9642 3 years ago
Quoted from Capn12:

Ah....the game no one needed or wanted. Well done, Stern!
Could have put out one of many themes that would make sense, but....then we have this.

I bet it sells like crazy.

I wonder how long ago the company would have went under if pinside pinball gurus made the decisions?

#9661 3 years ago
Quoted from Pixel8Arcade:

Deadpool plays great, BUT no Ryan Reynolds and movie cut scenes = not worth the money.

That game is amazing because they didn’t use the movie assets. They nailed that game.

#9690 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I hope it’s not Elwin. I really don’t want to buy this theme.

All signs are pointing to you buying this theme

#9853 3 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

Understood, but Covid slammed everyone and do you think operators would be willing to buy new machines right now. Also didn’t Stern introduce SW “the pin” around this time last year? Was Stern ever going to make another “the pin” platform again?
K.Elwin design would definitely be a catalyst for sales on “the pin” platform. I don’t like repairing “the pin” platform, so please make it a regular stern cornerstone, thanks.

That all may be true but this is a cornerstone game.

6 months later
#14597 3 years ago
Quoted from iloveplywood:

Huge prediction here! Here's some awesome logic on why I am 3% convinced that this is actually happening:
1. Right before stranger things was released Brian Eddy kept dropping super obvious hints on a podcast that he was working on a Bill and Ted's most excellent Adventure pin. These clues were so obvious that I knew for sure we would not be seeing a Bill and Ted Pin.
2. But . . . Bill and Ted involves time travel and get this, so does Back to the Future!
3. Clearly, Brian Eddy has been working on a Back to the Future pin. Not sure of any other logical conclusion

Joe Kaminkow(sp?) has hinted at the bttf license in the past. If he got it, it would be a kapow game. Joe worked with Gomez on BM66, has mentioned “hypothetically” that if he got the Hp license he would work on It with Gomez. That indicates to me that BTTF would be a kapow by Gomez

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#14600 3 years ago
Quoted from Hypercoaster:

Pretty sure Joe said if he had HP he would design it himself. There's just not enough data to make anything but a guess on who the designer for a studio title or kapow title would be. (BM66, E:HOH and Beatles are the three)

Yes, but the next sentence or two he mentioned if it wasn’t him he would work with Gomez in that same interview.

1 month later
#16653 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

This is not what I want to see on an $8k pinball machine. Johnny=Crap...the fact that he would even put this on his website is alarming. It’s awful, high school art class level.
[quoted image]

WTF is going on here? I’m sure you’re not the absolute best at your line of work, but we don’t blast you for doing your job? You’ve stated several times that you don’t like his stuff. We get it.

#16666 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I am literally an art consultant, my job is to critique...so this comment is actually hilarious.

So you’re informed enough to know his work isn’t “high school work at best” and “Johnny=crap.” You’d think an art consultant would have a more useful and constructive vocabulary for critiquing than that..

#16881 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

And yet they don’t prioritize fulfilling that demand over the unknown of an unannounced title. That’s what bothers me the most. Yes, everyone wants to see what the next new shines thing is but a lot of people want “old” new games and have been waiting what seems to be forever for them.

Stern has other things to juggle than just demand. I’m sure these licensing agreements have time windows for production and stern wants to maximize that I’m sure.

4 months later
#20881 2 years ago
Quoted from Xdetroit:

Looks like the teaser trailer for matrix 4 was released today. it would be pretty crazy if Godzilla was really the Matrix and it was delayed as to not get ahead of the trailer.
www.whatisthematrix.com

I’d cancel my order if it was the matrix. It was a fun movie and I enjoyed it in 5th grade, but that franchise is very forgettable IMO.

I’m aware the downvotes will come swiftly

3 months later
#23844 2 years ago

Any rumors about the art on this game?

Im not a rush fan, but probably a buyer for location if it looks good especially if Sexton is on code. I just hope the art doesn't get the Led Zeppelin treatment.

#24099 2 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

LOL you're on a board where we obsessively discuss the latest high priced comic book toys. Save us your cultural purity!

Ill take a pokemon pin! I grew up playing the card game, watched the show, and played the gameboy games.

8 months later
#32494 1 year ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

I hope that the new Bond game does not have a car mech as I have seen mention a few times of a killer car mech being developed at Stern. If Bond doesn't have a car mech, it has to be the DeLorean.

I know you’re super excited for bttf and it’s kinda you’re “thing” to post about it constantly, but man it really bogs down the new release hype for these games

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy

$ 24.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Drumstarr mods

$ 150.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jdoz2.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine?tu=jdoz2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.