Screenshot_20240412_203046_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240412_203117_Chrome (resized).jpg
DSC06496 (resized).JPG
DSC06495 (resized).JPG
DSC05223 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #33984 Stern's new factory information Posted by Grantman (1 year ago)

Post #36014 TRAILER: Foo Fighters Pin teaser trailer Posted by Yoko2una (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jason_jehosaphat.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2951 5 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Actually yes (just got a new engine last summer)...
[quoted image]
...as anyone does who want's to listen to his TNA Music Cassette in style.
But that's beside the point. I don't care how it is made, it's just the mechs in the late 90's were way more innovative.
Like, I'm completely falling in love with the new Black Knight, but the Medival Madness mechs are still way more intricate.
Edit:
Are the games nowadays "better"'? - Depends on what you're looking for.
I miss the intricate mechs more then I prefer the deep code on modern machines.
The code can keep you playing for a long time to come but the new toys are what hooks my initial interrest and make me smile...
...just as I prefer my car to be somewhat angular and purple.

I like your purple car. Custom paint, is it? Do you know Volkswagen's old slogan? Fahr figneugen? (Yeah, I butched that. Sorry.)

4 weeks later
#3142 4 years ago

Elvira is fairly solid for fall, '19.

The summer release is likely to be Eddy's Jurassic World.

The only question is, what title will get an additional run during a lull - and any lulls at all seem unlikely with all these new releases! I'm not talking about Vaults. I'm talking simply about a recent DMD with a lingering license that can be thrown on the line. Metallica Premiums had a run last summer/fall. This summer it could be - what, GOT? My personal vote: TWD!

Yeah, a fresh run of a DMD won't be Stern's next release, but it may be the next thing to come off their line. Just sayin'.

2 months later
#4050 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Did someone say grease?[quoted image]

I'm confused. Are these men actors from the film? Such outfits!

#4209 4 years ago

The 24th?

You'll notice on KME's Facebook page (and this has been pointed out by others) that on July 10th he posted a temporary profile photo of an actress in Total Recall. If you search YouTube for "Total Recall Head" you can find the very scene. The actress is in fact Ah'nuld in disguise and in the scene he/she says "Two weeks!" repeatedly. So, two weeks from July 10th is Wed, July 24th. When does Replay-FX begin? Thursday the 25th? Is KME telling us Stern will reveal the game on Tuesday, the 23rd, as Tuesday is their typical reveal day? I have heard more than a few people mention that Keith's new game is dropping shortly after Comic-Con, so the following Tuesday or Wednesday would make sense.

#4235 4 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

<snip>We’re hearing rumors that distributors will be shown the new machine on Tuesday this week. So when will it be revealed publicly? Stay tuned!!

Oh, no!

This is bad news.

Probably not a public reveal immediately after a distributors' briefing. Are we all waiting another week then?

Drat!

2 months later
#4763 4 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Pretty sure it is Top gun..

Sure based on...?

1 week later
#5128 4 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

fast and furious would surely earn big on location the latest couple of films have been trash and I say that as a fan, seems like a no brainier though, car/heist theme for pinheads and a very popular for casuals on location, it’s a billion dollar franchise these days.
Then again I’d also love to see a John Wick pin or a SAW pin from spooky with a load of mechs/traps!

Good point. This theme would earn well, but is it too expensive for Stern?

1 week later
#5273 4 years ago
Quoted from RoosterJuice:

Daft Punk would be amazing.

+1

1 month later
#5916 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

What kind of music will a Stranger Things pinball machine have? What kind of video will a Rush pinball machine have? Wham! Maybe Stern wanted Rush music for the Stranger Things pin. Wouldn't that be sweet?[quoted image]

You're funny!
Ancient TV advertising!

8 months later
#9385 3 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Greatest thing about Wonder Woman is that Stern can claim to have the playfield packed with invisible airplane toys!

You funny!

2 months later
#11165 3 years ago

LZ Release Timing:

Tomorrow or early December?

If not tomorrow, probably not any later in November, correct? Tuesday is their typical reveal day. Next Tuesday would be too close to Thanksgiving, I assume.

Which week in December did STh drop last year?

#11182 3 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I thought Stern was locking that down?

So we read on the Pinball Browser thread. Sad, that. PB is my favorite mod ever. Unless Olivier, the program's creator, has a breakthrough, there will be no chance for PB'ing your LZ or any other Stern that ships now or in the future. Your best hope is to load an obsolete version of your Stern game's code that predates the lockout. SAM games, for instance, can still be PB'd, although there's a chance that the latest MET or ST codes have the lockout, as those games had code updates after Stern decided to thwart PB. I'm not sure. I thought I read that only SPIKE II architecture lent itself to beating PB, so maybe even the latest MET and ST codes are PB-friendly.

2 weeks later
#11568 3 years ago

Who is predicting a tease tomorrow and a reveal next Tuesday?
Who is predicting a tease next Friday and a reveal the following Tuesday?
Who is predicting a tease on the 18th and reveal on the 22rd, a la Stranger Things last year?

1 week later
#12114 3 years ago

Punk music would have to rank low as a candidate for a music-themed pinball. I can see it earning in a bar at a venue that hosts punk bands - CBGB's or First Avenue, say. Otherwise, I envision a punk pinball turning people off and earning terribly in any other setting. Good Punk music is actually unpleasant to listen to for all but the initiated - and that's part of the point. If you put a machine in a bar with a broad-cross-section clientele and it blares Bad Religion or DK, it will piss off about 90% of the patrons. Doesn't sound like a good earner to me. A DEVO pin - as fun as that would be - would be a New-Wave pin, not a Punk one. A Ramones pin, too, would be something other than a true Punk pin. It's likely you will get plenty of future music pins and that they will all be rock themed. Never jazz. Never country. Never death metal. Never Punk. The two non-rock genres that may see pindom are hip-hop and EDM, but that's a good decade off.

2 weeks later
#12559 3 years ago

Why do people think Elwin would *want* to work with Sheats, or vice-versa?
Elwin seems to content to code his own games. He might even insist on it. And Sheats probably wouldn't care to be on a project where he wasn't truly the lead. Just a guess.

2 months later
#15105 3 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

I would buy a BTTF pin sight unseen.
I mean C'mon - It's Marty McFly and the Pinheads for crying out loud. (Marty's high school band)
It's our Density...I mean our Destiny to have a new BTTF
I'm a BTTF nut...was 13 in 1985, probably saw the movie over 100 times. Home Movie theater is decked out with BTTF art
Doc Brown is in my PC trying to get my GPU 1.21 Gigawatts!!!.
The Delorean on my desk is actually a delay guitar pedal made from Die-Cast metal The "Delayrean"

One day...one day....
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Okay. You pass as a fan. Cool delay pedal! I can hear Doc Brown saying, "One-point-twenty-one gigawatts?!!!"
And who can forget George and the "Density" blunder? Such a good cast!

1 year later
1 week later
#32701 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

Connery sound alike, there’s some really good ones out there so Stern could make it flawless.

I highly doubt Stern will attempt to duplicate the voices of the deceased actors. It’s more likely they would try to double Ralph Feinnes, the actor who currently plays “M.” Sound-alikes are rarely convincing - to my ear, anyway. Tom Hanks’s brother sounds only slightly like his brother in TS4.

1 year later
#40816 7 months ago

STh is the odds-on favorite for a run between Venom and Elwin's next game?

What happened to the Zach-Meny rumor about Stern running a SAM title? I was thinking MET was coming.

2 months later
#42767 4 months ago
Quoted from benheck:

The Ben Gardner boat scene was the only part of the movie shot in a studio tank.

I disagree; Hooper in the cage dealing with Jaws up close was also shot in a tank, and probably numerous other minor images, too.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Drumstarr mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Wake Forest, NC
$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Burlington, VT
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 150.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

8,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Glendora, CA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jason_jehosaphat.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine?tu=jason_jehosaphat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.