Albumism_TheCars_TheCars_16x9.jpg
IMG_1935 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240412_203046_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240412_203117_Chrome (resized).jpg
DSC06496 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #33984 Stern's new factory information Posted by Grantman (1 year ago)

Post #36014 TRAILER: Foo Fighters Pin teaser trailer Posted by Yoko2una (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider j_m_.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3712 4 years ago

and john trudeau?

#3964 4 years ago

did I hear someone state that the reveal is for a hot topic boutique themed machine?

with modes revolving around: posers, wannabes, the misfits (more than just a t-shirt brand), and the trend of the week

#4009 4 years ago
Quoted from SMI3:

Does it come with a topper?

yes, but the topper will not be available until 2022 (and will have to be redesigned because it'll end up being c-3po, cast in silver with a gold leg

#4123 4 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

I re-watched it recently and couldn't get over how poorly it aged. It's pretty rapey. I love musicals but the sun is setting on that one.
On that note, they could totally get away with a Hamilton themed pin.

hamilton the musical, or a pin based on mark (or dorothy) hamil[l]?

#4152 4 years ago

I'm wondering if this doesn't turn into something akin to the autographed KISS LE fiasco
200 made available, and 196 were still available for sale, right up until they pulled the listing from the kiss webstore site

I get that they are attempting to extend their market share by trying new and different things, but the price gap doesn't seem to be large enough between this and a "real" used SW pro

their target audience is definitely NOT anyone with ANY previous knowledge of pinball

#4294 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Can someone do another video to tell this guy what a fucking T-Rex is?
Sweet jesus.

what are you talking about?!? this guy is a f*cking genius. from all of his half-hearted attempts at guessing, hemming and hawing and then taking a side and then flipping like a politician, the slow clap, the dinosaur sound effects...
this list goes on and on and on and on and on

what's not to like about a 13 minute long video from a guy that can't even figure out how to zoom in on an image of a webpage?

plus, he's humble too. he even admitted that he couldn't have done a better job with the art. are we sure that this isn't the guy that did all of the voice over work for stern for TWD?

1 month later
#4533 4 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Pretty big rat below leftright breast.

patrick_is_holding_a_giant_rat_like_creature (resized).jpgpatrick_is_holding_a_giant_rat_like_creature (resized).jpg

2 weeks later
#4616 4 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

John Wick...[quoted image]

3 weeks later
#5165 4 years ago
Quoted from SadSack:

And this is the exact reason that pinside is antithetical to the primary pinball customers.. operators. Sorry, fancy-pantsers with your fancy gamerooms, operators/locations still buy the most machines.

umm... no, they don't. even gary stern reflected that home users accounts for the majority of their sales 2 or more years ago

#5170 4 years ago
Quoted from SadSack:

link? I thought I read he said it was a growing portion, but still NOT the majority.

I can't provide a link for something that I heard firsthand. gary (and stern as a whole) finally admitted that the private sector is where the majority of their machines are going.

I'll concede that pinball as a whole has seen growth in the past couple of years and there are many [new] retail establishments that now have games on location, but those seem to fluctuate if the establishments do not have an on-site or contracted technician (bar owners for the most part are not techs and do not want to be). the fact that pinball machines are mechanical and can have a whole host of things go wrong vs. a video game is the reason why many bars will try them out and then you see them gone a few months later.

my hats off to the operators putting in new games for us to play given the increased investment costs. I'm fortunate to live in an area where no less than 4 establishments within a 30min drive purchase just about every new game that is made available

1 month later
#5852 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I do not see the market for Rush. There are so many music pins they could do before Rush with more popular artists/bands. Google says 40 million albums sold worldwide, which isn't that great for a very long career.

go back and watch their inauguration into the rock 'n roll hall of fame and you might change your view. rush fans are probably one of the most passionate groups of people that you will ever meet and to my knowledge no other band received such a resounding ovation even before the name of the band was announced. the fact they were together for 40+ years and did nothing but continue to build a larger fan base over the years (with parents bring their kids towards the end of their concert runs) speaks volumes

#5880 4 years ago

stranger things could be really cool if they did take a page out of the book that was gottlieb's krull with a completely separate playfield inside the cabinet but used a camera to display everything on the lcd panel, inversing the vertical and horizontal axises on the image so that everything was in fact upside-down.

of course this is a pipe dream because the costs would shoot the retail price over the $12K mark

1 month later
#6587 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

LOL, Stern can do up to 100 machines a day at full tilt.

and maybe this is the reason why there are so many issues straight out of the box with so many stern titles recently. maybe stern should be taking the time and QA/QCing the machines instead of rushing them off the line and into shipping boxes

2 weeks later
#6764 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

This is a headscratcher. LEs are dirt cheap and it's a crappy game. Maybe a code update, too?

there are now 5 or 6 movies to draw new content and animation clips from (depending on how it was licensed/re-licensed

#6935 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

That video was from like 5 years ago. It's much worse now.
I'm sure it would be "classic" Crue with the band having the crap airbrushed out of it. Far from the current Vince Neil reality...
[quoted image]

so, what you're saying is if a crue pinball was made, it would have to be a widebody?

1 week later
#7207 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Unless they're doing a Krull/Black Hole/Haunted House lower playfield with a real sized pinball, don't bother. The physics of a pea-shooter pinball are just wrong.

I don't understand why stern couldn't use a heavier 5/8" diameter ball to get the feel closer to how a 1-1/16" ball moves

#7293 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Calling that a mule was insensitive. It clearly is a species-fluid giraffe.

and here I thought it was an american platypus and that man was a massage therapist using the tried and tested technology to work the kinks out of the distressed animal

6 months later
#10290 3 years ago
Quoted from dmieczko:

That would actually be the LE art. Pro would probably be David Lee Roth doing a split or something...

or given the way that stern has been nickeling and diming everyone, the pro would be all red, the premium red w/ white and the LE red with both black and white and the $2200 topper would unlock an additional song

1 year later
#24004 2 years ago

I like this, but let's up the ante a bit and take a page from elvira and cirqus vortaire and make part of the backglass/translite transparent so that we can actually have working gears showing

#24089 2 years ago
Quoted from OCP2:

He towers over other people in his videos, how tall is he?

jack's at least 5' 4" by my count

actually, I think he's about 6' 4"
(but he's no todd mccullough

#24114 2 years ago

I heard that he's only 6' 7" because he wears lifts. "he's heightening"

#24253 2 years ago
Quoted from gmanrulz46:

no losing it, kid gloves,roll the bones or analog kid? boo

well, given how deep their catalog is, there was no way the song selection was going to please everyone.

I can't believe that they're slamming 17 tracks into the game. that's a first and some of the tracks are epic long songs; la villa strangiato, cygnus x-1 books 1 & 2, 2112 and working man

now, fingers crossed that the layout hits it out of the park

1 week later
#24594 2 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

I think I prefer a more recent rendition of their look! Neil wore a cool hat

that sir, is a kufi cap

#24719 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I’m not a Tool fan myself outside of Undertow and Aenima which are great albums (and get a pass based on nostalgia since I grew up with them) but this theme would be a welcome change to the Dad rock pins so…I’ll take it. I’d prefer Slayer, Motorhead, Black Sabbath, Ramones, Nine Inch Nails, DEVO, Beastie Boys or Wu Tang…but, I’ll take it.

explain to me how all of the bands that you would prefer and named are not dad rock??

Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

It doesn’t really work like that. The “Dad Rock” term was coined by elder millennials in reference to the popular 70’s rock that their fathers listened to. TOOL is 90’s Alt metal. Are there fathers now that grew up listening to Tool, yes. But it doesn’t make it “Dad Rock” in the same way that Nirvana will never be considered “classic rock” or “oldies” or…”classical” haha

so, by your own comment, here are the bands you listed and the year they were formed:
slayer - 1981
motorhead - 1975
black sabbath - 1968
ramones - 1974
nine inch nails - 1987
devo - 1973
beastie boys - 1981
wu-tang clan - 1992

other than the wu-tang clan, my age puts me in your category of being a father to elder millennials and I listened to all of these bands growing up. either your math (or your logic) is wrong sir

#24764 2 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Actually after this Rush pin maybe they should take a break from rock pins for a while…please

08-2004 - elvis
03-2012 - ac/dc
2013 - metallica
05-2015 - kiss
02-2017 - aerosmith
03-2018 - iron maiden
11-2018 - beatles
12-2018 - primus (retheme)
12-2020 - led zeppelin
12-2021 - rush

looking at stern's pin releases, since ac/dc, they pretty much keep it to one music pin every year or two (with the exception of 2018)
since 2012, by the numbers, stern has released 9 music pins and 39 pins in total (so... about 25%)

#24765 2 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

Pretty sure those are EEs.

and the sad part is that while she (and they) looking stunning in that photo, another 20+ years will take its toll. maybe that's why fit (and smaller) age a lot better

back on topic:
my rush LE accessory has arrived
IMG_8913 (resized).jpgIMG_8913 (resized).jpg

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#24769 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

You know you're on pinside when .... someone tries to make you feel guilty about something you don't know what the fuck they're talking about .
So is Venom going to have media assets or comic book

I'm hoping for comic book. lots more to pick & choose from and I really like the comic book spider-man version. they would pair up nicely

#24951 2 years ago

I think that a p3 lower playfield could be very interesting for a video game themed pinball giving the dev's the ability to change the goals and playfield imagery

2 weeks later
#25390 2 years ago
Quoted from pinball2020:

Venom is the new/old stock fragrance from Amazon. When you have to smell like Eddie Brock!
amazon.com link »

or
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000IZAKLQ/ref=sspa_dk_detail_6

when you want to smell like a hero instead of an anti-hero

2 weeks later
#25820 2 years ago
Quoted from mstang01:

I tend to like the looks of the comic or graphic novel type themes over themes with photos of actors on them. That said I can’t think of many animated shows that haven’t been done and wouldn’t be obnoxious as pins… maybe “Spider-Man: Into the spider verse” would be cool. Some cool film themes might be Kong or Dune.

if they do dune, will stern only give us half a pin (like WB did by releasing the 1st half of the movie without green-lighting the second?

3 weeks later
#26065 2 years ago

seems familiar but I'm not sure which pinsider this might refer to

2 months later
#27379 1 year ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

Next Kaminkow is BTTF. No doubt.
[quoted image]

did someone say "no doubt"?
nodoubt001 (resized).jpgnodoubt001 (resized).jpg

3 weeks later
#27894 1 year ago

I've just heard that true lies is the next cornerstone stern title for 2023 and guess what, it comes packaged with an "official" blu-ray disc
there will also be a super limited version (just like batman 66) that will come with the UHD 4K version

#27896 1 year ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

BLU-RAY is crap! True Lies HD-DVD all the way! Gotta use the sweet X-Box 360 add on drive!

ha! I just sold my NIB HD-DVD drive for the 360, along with 30 HD-DVDs (including the heroes box set)

#27954 1 year ago
Quoted from Rizmo:

Godzilla is still selling great. Rush not so much.

if rush isn't selling that well, why does stern keep putting it back on the line? I would think that a company like stern would have a handle on what is selling well and manage their manufacturing around that (which is what I believe that they are doing)

#27964 1 year ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Guess you could use that argument but then Iron Maiden is a pommy band and sold well everywhere.
Rush still had hits in other countries too including Oz.

Urban Dictionary - Pommy
a term used to describe the appearance/personality and overall character of a stereotype british person
There are way too many pommy dickheads in this place

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Pommy
what a shite site. I had to correct at least 4 grammar and spelling errors in their 2 line definition/example

#27969 1 year ago
Quoted from Rizmo:

Its their newest game. They want to make their money. Again Rush is not really a good game. Pinside really needs to take the average of those scores rather that just the highest. If you did that Rush would be lucky to be in the top 50. The people who rate it so high are obsessed with Rush and no logic can convince them otherwise. Look at the Pro score. You are telling me a clock that just tells time and a ramp justify that score?

rush was one of the games that I wanted to be epic. is it? no, not by a long shot. there is nothing new or innovative in the game. however, it's a solid game that has great flow and plays great with a well integrated theme. tim and ray did a great job on the software and continue to make it better and better.

in my mind, if we really want to talk about people who need to be convinced that their game isn't all that they think it is, let's chat with the people that think that led zeppelin is a game that should be in the top 100. better than fathom?!? I don't think so

2 weeks later
#28405 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

In Sterns eyes Stranger Things was not successful, they won’t risk re-running it even after seeing the secondary market prices. They know those prices are inflated because of how few they produced. Could they sell more? Of course. Do they want to spend hundreds of thousands to re negotiate a contract? Prob not, considering they have new games to put out.

if, as you say, it wasn't successful in stern's eyes, then they only have themselves to blame
1) the UV light reactive paint on the playfield should have been a listed feature
2) the UV kit should have been included with the LE edition machines
3) the availability for both the UV light kit and the projector (as a replacement part and for future build runs) should have been better planned out
4) they should have play tested the demi-gorgon more before shipping the game. it was a huge turn off for players (including better than average players), when your success ratio to get a ball in the mouth is less than 5%
5) for shows that are on-going, all companies are shooting themselves in the foot when you only license 1 or 2 seasons worth of content

2 weeks later
#29170 1 year ago
Quoted from DiabloRush:

AND, Ready Player One had the band Rush as a key plot element, including having the main character play the guitar solo from 2112 in a key scene in the book. Coincidence? I don't think so. That's enough for me. Full-on confirmation that BTTF is 100% the next Stern.

I believe you mean the "discovery" section of 2112. such a shame that the movie really chopped / cut up some of the best parts of the book, the use of the ultraman power-up changed to gundam due to licensing issues, etc...

#29406 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

A Stern release with pro, premium and LE versions. So yes, Rush is a cornerstone.

technically, wasn't batman 66 considered a "cornerstone" title? (it did not have a pro version)
I think that their definition of a cornerstone title is one that is developed and produced in-house by stern employed staff (engineers, designers, etc...)

#29442 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I don't know how they've kept it quiet for so long .

the cover art for the soundtrack was awesome
zombeavers-Web__83116 (resized).jpgzombeavers-Web__83116 (resized).jpg

2 weeks later
#30204 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

I see Mad Max with Toe Cutter as the bash toy!

as long as johnny the boy and bubba are also in the pin. better yet, do a road warrior pin so you could have the humongous, wez and the toadie

1 week later
#31136 1 year ago
Quoted from yancy:

"EDIITON," so close.

come on now. it's just like the phishing emails that everyone one is sent with things like the "l og in" buttons and such

1 month later
#33350 1 year ago
Quoted from qbass187:

Uhhh…[quoted image]

why would stern put out a pinball machine based on a t-shirt design?

1 week later
#33514 1 year ago

does anyone know if either michael j. fox or christopher lloyd has a restraining order against @crujones4life?

1 week later
#33650 1 year ago
Quoted from mstang01:

Lol, I just remember my little brother had a “Stinkor” action figure. If they make He-Man they gotta put Stinkor in there

so... what you're saying is that LE version of jack's he-man game will be split like ac/dc was? 750 moss man editions / 750 stinkor editions
each featuring a odor-rama effect for wizard modes?

2 weeks later
#33821 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Sounds like the projector being NLA is the bigger barrier to more Premiums being made. All the newer versions of the projector are a different form factor/lens placement.

I was in stern's offices around expo time and they had actually just received quantity of the projectors. funny thing is that I believe that they were all sold before we left the building after chatting with the people that we were there to see

1 week later
#33911 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

The roar for a great BTTF pin is deafening.

I didn't realize that 3 people on pinside posting repeated images equates to a deafening roar

1 week later
#34010 1 year ago

I just saw this
mystery (resized).pngmystery (resized).png

1 week later
#34289 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

This is a proven fallacy. The overwhelming majority of people want to work. It is in our DNA to be productive. Being exploited however, is not.

[begin rant]
you may want to tell this generation's workers that. fact is, they don't seem to have the drive that past generations did. the whole #metoo, #cancelthis, #cancelthat and other garbage that people are leaning on isn't going to get them anywhere in the business world. I partially blame participation trophies for some of this.

plain and simple fact: you will won't always be a winner. teaching our youth that goes a long way on how they can cope will handling defeat later in life. failure to do that early on, is basically setting them up for failure.

when people can't even take the time to count out the correct change (and their cash registers tells them how much to give out), then we have larger issues. the best is the "deer in the headlights" look that you typically get after they've pressed $20 in and then you add a few more coins after the fact to make the change that you're returned easier to manage (as well as ridding yourself of a pocket full of change), they are literally dumbfounded and don't know what to do.

when even fast food joints can't get help at $15+ an hour (which is over $30K a year) for an unskilled labor position, where is this overwhelming desire to work?

unfortunately, these aren't just isolated occurrences.
[/end rant]

1 week later
#34533 1 year ago
Quoted from jazc4:

My wife would insist on having it. She loves Hello Kitty. Some guy in Australia redid a WCS playfield with Hello Kitty.
[quoted image]

seems timely considering that SNL spoofed hello kitty last week

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
1 week later
#34629 1 year ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Oooof two games next year, ouch

why 'oooof' and 'ouch'?

if stern still has supply chain issues, would it make any sense to announce more than 2 titles and then not be able to produce them in a timely manner?

1 month later
#35505 1 year ago
Quoted from Rizmo:

One thing I wish Stern would do is list how many versions of a game were made once its retired. They wont make any more so why would it matter if we as a consumer knew. Its not very likely they will throw a game back on the line just because.

versions or number made?

as a privately held company, I can understand why they wouldn't reveal the number of machines that were manufactured [competition]
if you meant the variations, then I agree that it would be nice to know

in the case of metallica, we had the following:
limited edition
master of puppets edition

premium
monsters edition (wooden backbox)
dirty donny monsters edition (wooden backbox)
road case edition (metal backbox, band image translite)
monsters edition (metal backbox)

pro
same artwork as premium monsters edition (wooden backbox w/ incandescent lamps)
same artwork as premium monsters edition (metal backbox w/ LED lamps)

1 month later
#36603 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

It's weird even the hype has simmered down for Bond 60th-I think people are bamboozled by all the releases-I know I am.
You get a pinball, and you get a pinball, and you get a pinball-everyone gets new pinball machines!
[quoted image]

I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm still waiting to receive my free pinball machine from pinmister
I hope that it's a bond 60th

2 weeks later
#36785 1 year ago

I'm going to throw this out there for the superhero themes

personally, I'm a fan of the comic art that stern has done for both star wars and the spider-man re-issue, so a marvel two-in-one or team-up theme would be amazing to me. this would all the designer to bring in a lot of lesser known heroes & villains like some of the ones shown below

marvel super villain team-up 9 (resized).pngmarvel super villain team-up 9 (resized).pngmarvel team-up 104 (resized).pngmarvel team-up 104 (resized).pngmarvel team-up 20 (resized).pngmarvel team-up 20 (resized).png
marvel team-up 67 (resized).pngmarvel team-up 67 (resized).pngmarvel team-up 97 (resized).pngmarvel team-up 97 (resized).pngmarvel team-up annual 6 (resized).pngmarvel team-up annual 6 (resized).png
marvel two-in-one 1 (resized).pngmarvel two-in-one 1 (resized).pngmarvel two-in-one 15 (resized).pngmarvel two-in-one 15 (resized).pngmarvel two-in-one 27 (resized).pngmarvel two-in-one 27 (resized).png
marvel two-in-one 49 (resized).pngmarvel two-in-one 49 (resized).pngmarvel two-in-one 72 (resized).pngmarvel two-in-one 72 (resized).pngmarvel two-in-one 87 (resized).pngmarvel two-in-one 87 (resized).png

#36850 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Okay, calm down.
BTTF 140th anniversary, 2125.
Book it.

corrected this for you

3 months later
#38982 9 months ago

what JJP neglected to show TS4 owners were the effects of smashing a dirty pinball into gabby gabby's face repeatedly. the pretty little girl quickly and literally transforms into a pig-faced, black-faced monstrosity.
the one that I saw on-route looked horrible. and while you can clean off her [out on a bender] raccoon eyes/nfl eye liner, the damage done to the model itself as the nose is chipped away makes me wonder if this was skeletor's wife that was never shown in the comics or cartoons

IMG_0347 (resized).jpgIMG_0347 (resized).jpg

#38985 9 months ago

this photo from from the 2nd or 3rd time prior to cleaning. I wish I had gotten a photo prior to the first cleaning. she looked like she had black-face on due to all of the coil dust sticking.

#39016 9 months ago
Quoted from beltking:

My guy called it on hulk and capt America versions of venom. Jaws is next with Elwin unless vault is first. Idk vault.

I don't think that elwin is next. I'm going to bet that it's borg. elwin did the 60th annv SLE of bond after rush was released.

#39250 9 months ago
Quoted from Pinbarclay:

If Stern wants to expand the pinball market (and therefore make more money!), they need to boost production and lower prices.
What’s better, selling 1000 machines at $10,000 or selling 2000 at $8,000? You don’t have to be whiz kid (and charisma vacuum) Seth Davis to do that math.

I guess that I'm not the only one that thought what how bland he was for the vemon promo? his enthusiasm-level equaled that of a sloth and his delivery was almost as if they shot it in one take with a teleprompter and he had no prior access to the content being read to him. maybe a new stern cost-cutting measure?

#39353 9 months ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Hell ,we went indoor skydiving last weekend ,then came home and played pinball .Highly suggest it .Both
[quoted image]

skydiving? that looks more like you when somewhere to have some guy hug you sideways for a bit

they put an i fly near me but I haven't had time to check it out and even see what the pricing is. I do know that you have to take a few classes before they let you "fly" on your own

3 weeks later
#39962 8 months ago
Quoted from Grantman:

Here are the results (so far) of a survey posted on Facebook (by he who shall not be named) about potential pinball themes. There were 2,667 votes (you can select more than one answer).
[quoted image]

wasn't it also determined that crujones4life voted 411 times?

#40056 8 months ago
Quoted from JordyRamone:

I have one of the home pins and it's a shame no one gets to play it on a location site. It's a lot of fun.

the problem with the home pin model is that at the time that it was initially introduced, it wasn't much cheaper than an actual pro model machine.

so, for about $1,000 less, you didn't get:
- a working coin door
- the playfield was stripped further (even more than the gap between a pro and premium) to reduce costs
- the playfield (and cabinet?) were made out of MDF instead of plywood (a further stern cost-savings, but try and save that machine from a flood or a water pipe leak!

#40057 8 months ago

pat, I'd like to solve the puzzle
"WHERE WE'RE GOING WE WON'T NEED ROARS" (obviously this is not the zoo tycoon game that everyone has been clammering about

#40091 8 months ago

I like how it can be broken to fit smaller areas of the underside of the playfield. smart thinking on their end. plus, if the board fails, you have a snack while you wait for your replacement board to be shipped

#40301 8 months ago
Quoted from spectrum-1980s:

Seth Davis needs to sit the hell down and disappear and let the pin guys go at it to save Stern. We are coming up on a potential turning point here. Stern controls pinball pricing used and new and there to expensive now for two little.
We either need a new hardware platform, some grade a licences and assets. Or 2.00 per play factory settings . Or all the above.

https://www.dictionary.com/e/too-vs-to-vs-two/

#40370 8 months ago
Quoted from Micky:

Draining a post doesn't delete it.

correct. draining a topic removes it from your favorites and/or recently viewed tabs and removes the bookmark for the last post that you viewed in the topic.
the only way to technically delete a post is to edit it and remove the contents (most people replace the original content with a period [.])

1 month later
#40987 6 months ago

goats (resized).pnggoats (resized).png

2 weeks later
#41509 6 months ago
Quoted from arzoo:

Jaws trivia - anyone read the book? The shark's demise is very different, no big-screen explosion. Also, Hooper does not survive.

dude! spoiler tags!! I was finally going to read the book and watch the movie and now you've gone and ruined them both for me

#41514 6 months ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

Sorry, a lot of stern games don't even sell "thousands" period. Rush for example may have hit 2k.
Iron Maiden has sold closer to 5k. You can still buy it NIB too. We've had our fill of the layout. Unless you reskin it to BTTF or Harry Potter you aren't juicing the layout for more than another 500

rush definitely sold over 2,000 units (especially considering that there were 1,000 LEs made and sold). probably closer to 3,500+ machines

#41527 6 months ago
Quoted from Grantman:

Elvira is back

are we taking bets on what the buy-in price is for this run? $18K, $20K, $22K
and what [new] must have feature it will contain? piece of gargoyle statue, eye of newt in a jar, 35mm slide from one of the movies/tv specials

1 month later
#42439 5 months ago
Quoted from Rizmo:

Hopefully since Stern can pump out more machines. That will let them drop the prices back to pre-covid levels. I know I have a better chance of being hit by lightning. It would be nice, that way they can sell even more machines.

you're kidding yourself. I don't think that we'll see a price reduction. the best that we can hope for is that they don't increase prices come january.

2 weeks later
#42675 4 months ago
Quoted from Rizmo:

This might of been answered before. What will be the major changes that Spike 3 will have that Spike 2 doesnt

replacement node boards that incompatible with anything prior and that will cost owners and owners even more than spike 1 and 2 boards.

#42707 4 months ago
Quoted from Molon_Labe:

Are Spike 1 node boards currently available for purchase or special order?

as far as I was aware, when stern brought out spike 2, they discontinued production of all spike 1 boards and only the remaining stock were available for purchase.

1 month later
#43938 3 months ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Stern shot themselves in the foot moving to a newer larger factory yet again. That decision was likely made when they were still selling games left and right and the secondary market was on fire. Now that's not the case. They expanded too quickly IMO.

actually, stern's move consolidated the 2 buildings that they previously owned/leased. there was a 2nd building that was used for cold storage and additional parts.

the move allows them to put everything back into one building, making it much more streamlined and easier to fulfill part requests. previously, part orders could be delayed for days, weeks or even months due to the fact that a number of parts that were ordered were stocked in the cold storage building.

#43939 3 months ago

duplicate post somehow

2 months later
#46282 19 days ago
Quoted from gandamack:

.....and somewhere Jack Guarnieri is saying to himself, "Pokemon...wtf, didn't Stern see what happened with Toy Story?"

I don't think this is the same situation. toy story could have had a better outing had it been themed around the first movie or the entire franchise (and not just TS4), but no knowing what the agreement was, it may have been what JJP had to work with.

with pokemon, there quite of few ways that stern could go depending on restrictions from nintendo (stick to the original 151, create something surrounding just ash and pikachu, use the current generations, etc...)

2 weeks later
#46793 5 days ago
Quoted from chad:

Peeking in and see 85 new posts.

so..... based on the past 100 or so posts, what I'm hearing that stern's new game is anger management?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.50
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 3.49
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Sherrill, NY
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
FlipMods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,999.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Maine Home Recreation

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 140.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Machine - For Sale
Scranton, PA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider j_m_.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine?tu=j_m_ and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.