dad_lg-min (resized).jpg
E497E3E8-872D-4DC9-B95B-17AFBD94F4D0 (resized).jpeg
23DC2D2F-A90E-4CA2-98A1-F19762374E3D (resized).jpeg
FDD39C64-5E43-4A2A-80EF-54E82F1F62E3 (resized).jpeg
Keanu (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #33984 Stern's new factory information Posted by Grantman (1 year ago)

Post #36014 TRAILER: Foo Fighters Pin teaser trailer Posted by Yoko2una (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider inpw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#12140 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Not sure about B & T for a pinball? The recent movie was streamed and straight to Redbox? Not much of a following. Cool 80's movie, but I can think of better ones. Starting to run low on good potential themes-not many left that are epic imo. BTTF, Beetlejuice, Jaws, Mission Impossible, Godzilla, Queen, Van Halen then what? Toy Story or Scooby Doo? Taylor Swift or Justin Bieber?
It will be interesting over the next decade what themes can be pulled out of the hat. It surly can't be any worse than the stellar themes chosen by Gottlieb during their last decade in business.

BTTF, Bond and Die Hard would be must haves for me, unless they screw them up completely.

#12182 3 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

I could see Bond as a franchise being a licensing nightmare.

I think "Bond" as a brand wouldn't be that hard, there's a ton of third party licensing deals for products with the 007 logo etc. But if you include characters and storylines (not sure who holds the rights to Ian Fleming's work) or, more importantly, actors' likenesses, I can see where it could get difficult, and Stern lately seems to try to avoid the hassle (JP, AIQ). They did it for Beatles, so I guess it's not impossible. I can only speak for myself, but I'd only be interested in a pin with actual movie assets. Same for BTTF.

#12311 3 years ago

I don't know what that shooter knob is supposed to be, but I know I don't wanna touch it.

2 weeks later
#12573 3 years ago

It's highly unlikely, but Franchi on BTTF would be a dream come true. IMHO, the art on Stern's recent releases has not been up to par and often looks downright colorbombed.

#12777 3 years ago

It's never going to happen, but a Firefly pin could be amazing. Great characters, lots of humor and a dedicated cast and fanbase. Fantastic potential for callouts, too. Given the limited appeal to a wider audience it would sink like a brick, though. Maybe something for a homebrew?

2 weeks later
#13084 3 years ago

A pin based on the first Terminator movie could be sweet. I know we've had T2 and T3, but the first one has a totally different atmosphere from the later movies. IMO, it's closer to Alien in tone than to its sequels.

136096342_156950219267063_1214799650628132765_n (resized).jpg136096342_156950219267063_1214799650628132765_n (resized).jpg
#13095 3 years ago
Quoted from JustinJohnson:

Just to let you know a T1 pin already exists to an extent. Check this pin out World Defender
Figured this out as I recently bought a Laser Cue which uses the exact same playfield. Sounds like it was failed license attempt. Would love to get my hands on one though to go next to my Laser Cue.
I completely agree though T1 had an entirely different feel to it. I myself would love to see Critters pinball done. I mean what would a better theme than evil round black critters from outer space. Or Gremlins would have been cool too. Or ....Hellraiser!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Wow, that's pretty blatant! Didn't know that one.

7 months later
#21551 2 years ago

Hats off to Keith, this looks like a lot of fun. Art hasn't been special on Sterns for quite some time now, everything looks like sombebody spilled a few buckets of color on the playfield without any consideration for the art style and color palette of the IP they try to emulate. I'm hoping for Franchi on BTTF.

2 months later
#23005 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Soda Wars Pinball -
Coke Classic (Stern) vs
Pepsi (JJP) vs
Diet Mountain Dew (CGC) vs
Dr Pepper (Spooky Pinball) vs
Munich Beer (American Pinball) vs
deeproot-beer

Pretty sure with Deeproot it's water and bread only.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
1 week later
#23299 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Absolute dream theme BTTF & Bond are the only 2 themes I will go in on now at the new crazy loco prices we are at.

Same here. Classic Connery Bond for me, please. Craig was great up to Skyfall, Spectre is meh, No Time to Die should die a horrible, prolonged death for actively deconstructing the myth (at least Die Another Day didn't know any better).

2 weeks later
#23769 2 years ago
Quoted from djsoup:

Would love to see a new Indiana Jones game.. maybe in 2023 with the new film?
[quoted image]

What new film? There hasn't been an Indy film since 1989.

2 weeks later
#24466 2 years ago

Personally, I like all Bonds and almost all Bond movies. I also love Fleming's novels and short stories (not really interested in any of the continuation novels). Cinematically, I grew up with Brosnan. But, if I imagine Bond, I see Connery. He's the one that started it all, that defined Bond as the character that everybody knows. If Stern aims for timeless appeal, there's no way around him (either solo or as one of several Bonds). A game based solely on any other actor WILL age. Of course, they'll sell every single machine either way. They could do a Lazenby LE and sell out on day one.

4 weeks later
#25322 2 years ago

Tomb Raider could be nice. Tons of adventure and mythology, an iconic heroine, could have an IJ meets Congo vibe. Classic game series (not the new ones), preferably.

6 months later
#31025 1 year ago

If it's 60s Bond, they'd have to mess it up big time for me to pass. There'd be better picks than Thunderball, but we're still talking prime Bond. Live and Let Die would be my favorite for Moore.

If I could pick, please no Woko Haram treatment and no NTTD. Awful mess of a movie and disrespectful of the franchise on just about every level. I'd definitely pass on that one. It's the only one of the series I haven't watched numerous times and don't intend to ever watch again.

1 month later
#33329 1 year ago

Sick of It All pinball! I mean, there's no chance in hell, but since we're talking about unrealistic but theoretically awesome music pins...

10 months later
#39864 8 months ago

Personally I'm pretty much done with Stern. It's not only that I think that current prices are way beyond what I consider justified for an amusement machine, it's also that the manufacturing quality is downright unacceptable. My JP feels like a cardboard box next to a B/W. Art has been subpar as well, with no respect for the original IPs' design aesthetic. Most games look perfectly interchangeable and colorbombed to hell. Stern definitely has some good designers, but it's not enough for me to stay interested if playfield design (and, in some cases, code) is all they have going for them.

So, being a die-hard Connery Bond fan, I passed on both versions of Bond, and it wasn't even a tough decision. I'm selling my JP and am unlikely to consider buying any Stern in the future. There are maybe 1-2 themes that could perhaps tempt me, but absolutely none that I would buy sight unseen. The current trend to provide less at higher prices cannot continue. Perhaps a market crash would be beneficial to the industry in the long run.

#39868 8 months ago
Quoted from Grantman:

What's wrong with the James Bond cornerstone game? The code has really come along and there are used Pros in the $6k range, which is a great deal. Fun game with a ton of modes & clips from 6 Connery movies.

I'll have to look at more recent gameplay vids, but so far neither the layout nor the toys have convinced me. But mainly, it would have to be stellar for me to be able to look past Stern's build quality (I mean, if JP's code, T-Rex mech and creative layout couldn't do it...). I'll admit that it looks like old school Bond, which is a good thing. Feels more true to the source material than JP, even with the movie code.

#39883 8 months ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Why are you on here? If you love B/W, just buy and play B/W. Plenty of options for you and you can enjoy the hobby rather than complain about it. It sounds to me like price point is important to you.. Just enjoy what you can afford. This is the next Stern thread and you already know how expensive the games are. Wishing a crash helps no one in the hobby or the hobby itself.

I'm sorry if I'm ruining the party, but I don't think this should turn into a hype thread. I voiced my opinion on what the "next Stern" should offer for me to be interested. Namely, better quality at lower prices. I'm realistic enough to know that it's not going to happen, hence my crash comment. Neither Stern nor JJP are going to put more effort in it unless the market forces them to. I don't have anything against these companies, I'm just trying to hopefully provide my small part of market research.
By the way, being able to afford something has nothing to do with it - I sincerely hope you don't buy everything you could theoretically afford. I also hope that price point is at least of some importance to you as well (otherwise, let me give you my bank details). B/W was just a reference point for the level of workmanship I expect for $8,000+. I could have used other manufacturers, but obviously B/W is something anybody can easily relate to.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 300.00
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Protection
Gameroom Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 17.50
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 12.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 51.45
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

6,495 (Firm)
$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tualatin, OR
$ 9,799.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider inpw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine?tu=inpw and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.