Screenshot_20240412_203046_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240412_203117_Chrome (resized).jpg
DSC06496 (resized).JPG
DSC06495 (resized).JPG
DSC05223 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #33984 Stern's new factory information Posted by Grantman (1 year ago)

Post #36014 TRAILER: Foo Fighters Pin teaser trailer Posted by Yoko2una (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hypercoaster.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7660 3 years ago

Let's be serious, Godzilla is a Studio title (E:HOH), not a Cornerstone. I'm all-in for Godzilla Premium, maybe even LE. Would they call the top tier a signature edition or SLE? SLE makes more sense, Godzilla can't really sign anything.

If it is a studio title, can I be greedy and ask for Elwin+Lyman? EPIC.

1 month later
#8489 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I think Godzilla is the one that's a code name and is actually just a "giant" pin, not literally Godzilla.
Steve has said Zep is his grail music pin. I don't doubt he got the chance to do it.

I don't know how you all decide Godzilla is a code name. We have it confirmed by both Deeproot and Spooky that Stern has the Toho and Legendary Pictures Godzilla licenses. Charlie even boasted that he knew which designer is doing it. He is not one to lie.

1 month later
#9445 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

What are the chances that this is TOHO GODZILLA? Got my fingers crossed.

Like this image, buy why would Baragon be so prominently displayed? Needs some Gigan!

I still think you all are fighting over which will be the cornerstone, when we should be discussing which will be the cornerstone and which will be the studio title for the year. (My opinion, Godzilla 2020 = Elvira HOH 2019)

1 month later
#10500 3 years ago
Quoted from Hawks:

Sterns next is apparently Queen, 2 weeks till reveal
Not Led Zeppelin

If this is true, than this is the "studio" title for 2020. It could be the re-themed quicksilver rumor.

To early for a new cornerstone, but Stern Studio titles have mostly been revealed in September or October. (Elvira, Beatles, BM66)

3 weeks later
#10859 3 years ago

Zombie Yeti Facebook post - August 2018. "Just for Fun" , oh its fun to speculate!
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

2 months later
#12668 3 years ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

Said this to a buddy last night and I'll say it here:
I know everyone loves Elwin (guilty as charged) and wants him on everything and Gomez is allegedly not designing anymore. But man, the Deadpool team should be on another pin stat. It's just so fun and has a ton of personality - really great theme integration and zaniness in one frenetic package. Would love to see another comedic pin come from the same crew.

I'm always completely baffled that pod-casters aren't asking every Stern employee "When is Tanio's next game?, Tanio is doing another game, right?". Dwight, Rick, and Sexton have all had at least two games come out since Deadpool. I want to see what Tanio does next!

2 weeks later
#13077 3 years ago
Quoted from DarlingLuci:

How would people feel about a boondocks or aqua teen hunger force theme? Both are Semi-modern and have strong music options and flexible animated themes that shouldn't have super high licensing fees leaving room for a decent BOM.

Quoted from mdeslaur:

The what and the what? No idea what those are.

BOM is to high for Stern to do "Master shake adventures":

While Boondocks is funny, that is far to controversial for Stern.

#13162 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I hope they don’t animate it themselves. The JP animations are not great, that’s why everyone uses the hacked film code. Classic TOHO Godzilla with original footage would be amazing IMO

Except the actual amount of Godzilla vs monster on screen time is very low in each film of the Showa era. There are not 1000s of minutes of assets like with Elvira or Batman 66. I'm just hoping someone with a strong creative vision and a love for Godzilla was in charge of this project to assess these choices. I'm buying it either way!

1 week later
#13280 3 years ago

I just don't understand why Stern would do an LOTR vault when they have a massive backlog. The only logic would be that they acquired the license again and pushed it back as much as possible due to the pandemic?

#13437 3 years ago

Normally i'd say a TV series that is mid-run is not going to produce a great theme because you are missing the story. (Game of Thrones, Stranger Things)

But oddly, Season 1 and 2 (Mandolorian) wrap up into such a nice little story it would be perfect for a game.

1 week later
#13839 3 years ago
Quoted from oneballjab:

Could be any of these 80’s cult movies.

Sorry 80's Kids, you don't get to claim Dick Tracy. Dick Tracy was released in 1990!

2 weeks later
#14599 3 years ago
Quoted from jdoz2:

Joe Kaminkow(sp?) has hinted at the bttf license in the past. If he got it, it would be a kapow game. Joe worked with Gomez on BM66, has mentioned “hypothetically” that if he got the Hp license he would work on It with Gomez. That indicates to me that BTTF would be a kapow by Gomez

Pretty sure Joe said if he had HP he would design it himself. There's just not enough data to make anything but a guess on who the designer for a studio title or kapow title would be. (BM66, E:HOH and Beatles are the three)

#14736 3 years ago
Quoted from V8haha:

What are the chances we see something from stern tomorrow?
Also i agree stranger things keeps getting better and better! If you disagree give it another shot with an open mind you will be impressed.

Extremely low. They have been doing Friday teases before Tuesday reveals lately.

1 week later
#15272 3 years ago

This is the same tired argument the anti-superhero pins use. "Why do you need Deadpool, Iron Man Vault, Avengers, TMNT, Guardians of the Galaxy, and Batman 66 all in production? They are all the same."

Yawn. Godzilla and Jurassic park are about as similar a theme as Jurassic Park and Roller Coaster Tycoon.

#15297 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Regardless of whether Godzilla is a dino, iguana, reptile or plant based, it was given a huge dose of radiation, enough to make grow/shrink it by a big factor. So Godzilla was hugely radioactive, and just being near him would have been poisonous. Even if you survived his attack, radiation poisoning would get you. I am beginning to see holes in the probable story line.

Super Geek Moment: This is a really interesting point they actually covered in one of the Marc Cersani's Godzilla novels in late 90's. The path Godzilla walked was essentially like Chernobyl.

In other versions they explain it away by saying Godzilla essentially consumes radiation now. (Which is why they have fed him Nuclear Weapons in a few movies now)

#15315 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Just got back from seeing Godzilla vs Kong . I really enjoyed the movie , it had a few plot holes but it's not the type of movie you take seriously . It would make a great pin , you don't need the actors just all the action scenes . It could be great .
I went to Carl's Jr a week ago for the first time and got a Godzilla burger ( it was $18 ) , man it was hard work , I'm still full

Wow, you have Carl's Jr in Australia? Learn something new everyday. Didn't think that chain could make it internationally.

#15382 3 years ago
Quoted from tacreno:

Did anyone else think it was weird that elijah wood was one of the award presenters. Every other presenter was from the modern pinball era. I think this means a LOTR vault is coming as well.

No, it was not weird, for $300 you can get Elijah Wood to say almost anything via Cameo. And Stern has nothing to do with the TWIPYS.

#15396 3 years ago
Quoted from Our_Man_in_Oz:

Yeah as much as poor roll-outs of US & Intl brands here in Aus bugs me, I wondering how much I need Carl's in my life considering I've never once worried about having one given how many times I've been in L.A. since the 80's . They also never had any in my area of suburban NY when I lived there in the mid 80's and still don't it seems.

So once you get into the Midwest and further East, Carls Jr is called Hardee's.

2 weeks later
#15951 3 years ago
Quoted from Charlemagne1987:

Ok...serious question that I’ve had for a while...why would Stern create merch with a shark on it if they weren’t intending to make a shark pin (Jaws, obviously)? It makes no sense. And it can’t simply be because they’re trying to screw with all the pinheads wanting a Jaws game.

Because Stern is an organization and not an entity. The merch department doesn't know the upcoming themes. They thought "whats cool that we could sell? Oh pinball people like skeletons and sharks."

#16080 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballConspiracy:

Bet when they inked deal for StrangerThings they also grabbed CobraKai

Netflix doesn't own Cobra Kai. Sony owns it. Netflix just paid for the distribution rights.

1 week later
#16897 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Oh yeah, this would be a horrrrible vibe for a pin. Absolute garbage
If Stern were smart they would make a 90’s Batman Animated series pin. It would sell out in heartbeat. Especially with the 30 somethings that are starting to drop tens of thousands on pins. The music alone in the series...mind blowing. The greatest depiction of Batman period, even better than the first film.

I wish there was a way I could thumbs up this 1000x. A true dream theme for me. People don't understand that Batman:TAS is, at least, as iconic to 30-somethings as '66 was to that generation. TAS set the tone for 30 years of Batman, and invented characters like Harley Quinn.

You could go a step further saying that Batman '66 killed batman for 20 years, TAS and Burton Batman blew up Batman more mainstream than ever and hasn't stopped since.

#16968 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:But the pin would’ve had to start in design a year ago .That’s the only reason it’s not the 2/1 fav .

Stranger Things launched in 12/2019. Mandalorian launched in November 2019. Richie was talking about how awesome the "Star Wars western" was back on Special when Lit in December 2019. Its not hard to imagine Eddy could have moved from Stranger things directly to Mando.

As far as licensing taking to much time, people who think the Stern/Lucasfilm licensing is one off each time are not paying attention. Stern has clearly executed some sort of multi-year deal with Lucasfilm. That is why you get Star Wars, Star Wars Home Pin, Star Wars Comic, and Star Wars Comic Home Pin in different calendar years. It is now 2021 and what do you know? Mandalorian. It is a deal to ensure no other pinball company (JJP) gets Star Wars.

#17312 2 years ago

No teaser today, i guess that means less likely to be revealed on May 4. Maybe May 11 after all.

#17332 2 years ago
Quoted from GoodOmens:

Rumor I thought was teaser on the 4th?

Lots of rumors. Just pointing out the last few releases had Friday teasers and Tuesday reveals. If that pattern continues, it points to no reveal Tuesday. May 4th tease and May 11th tease seems, unlikely. I don't think Stern has ever had us wait a week after a teaser, but they enjoy trolling us more and more, so maybe.

#17501 2 years ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

Stern: Historically doesn’t release games based on anniversaries, movie release dates, or (made up) holidays.
Pinside: Mandalorean is being announced May 4th because a podcaster who is wrong as much as he’s right said so!!!
Stern: No announcement May 4th
Pinside:

I don't like defending him, but he definitely posted it was revealing May 11th not May 4th. Star Wars fans want a May 4 reveal.

Also, it is only 12 central time. Plenty of time left.

1 month later
#18775 2 years ago
Quoted from Munsters:

How you guys know it’s godzilla? Im an stern insider but dindt read anything about this. Whats the point to be an insider then…

meme_works (resized).jpgmeme_works (resized).jpg
2 years later
#45800 31 days ago

Maybe Gomez wants another shot at making a Keanu Game?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Drumstarr mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

5,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Long Beach, NY
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Methuen, MA
$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 150.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Watertown, CT
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hypercoaster.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine?tu=hypercoaster and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.