maxresdefault (resized).jpeg
images (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1713427968712 (resized).jpg
Untitled (resized).jpg
images (1) (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #33984 Stern's new factory information Posted by Grantman (1 year ago)

Post #36014 TRAILER: Foo Fighters Pin teaser trailer Posted by Yoko2una (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hydrogenhuman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7798 3 years ago

I'm sure someone has already mentioned this, but I'll make my prediction for Stern's 2024 pinball machine: The Matrix.

Why in 2024? It will be the 25th anniversary of the movie, the theme would be awesome, and they could do some very clever magnet effects of Neo being "The One" and blocking pinballs and zipping them around the playfield.

I know someone modded a Johnny Mnemonic to the Matrix theme, but an official proper one I think would be awesome.

Other than that I'm with a lot of other people on the TMNT pinball machine. The 30th anniversary of the first movie is coming up.

#7801 3 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

With the exception of Batman 66, Stern has never really shown an interest in anniversary dates. Matrix would have been a superb theme back when the trilogy was hot, perhaps the new movie in development will breath life back into the franchise.

I believe if Williams/Bally had survived a few more years until 2002 or 2003, we probably would have seen an awesome Matrix pinball machine. Let's hope the modern manufacturers will make one!

1 year later
#26294 2 years ago

I'm surprised Stern hasn't looked at doing a video game based pin in recent years.

I would think Mario Bros, Zelda, Pokémon would all be solid choices that would sell like crazy. Maybe licensing is an issue or tougher to secure?

There's also Halo or Call of Duty, but older pinheads may not like those.

#26297 2 years ago

Since dad rock pins won't be dying out anytime soon, I may as well suggest pins that could be possible:

Queen
Judas Priest
The Police
Journey

Any one of those I'd be pumped to see as a pin.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#26306 2 years ago
Quoted from Svente69:

The one and only for a MUSIC PINBALL
[quoted image]

I second a MJ pin! If Michael Jackson were still alive today, it wouldn't surprise me if he pushed for wanting a pinball machine made.

#26341 2 years ago

Here's the tougher guess...what will be Stern's next Non-licensed pin? Will there even be another non-licensed pin after BKSOR? And I don't mean a re-theme like Heavy Metal, but an actual full on brand new machine that is non-licensed.

#26356 2 years ago
Quoted from radium:

I’m not a huge fan of any band on any of the music pins, but I like the game if it is a good pinball machine. I don’t know shit about Iron Maiden but I really want one.
Also… I don’t love castles but I love medieval madness. I’ve never seen Flash Gordon but I own the pin. Don’t like Blue Oyster Cult but I sing right along playing Godzilla and love it. I’m not an Elvira fan but… you get the point.
Interesting to me that most people are adamant that music pins can only work with very specific bands THEY like.

That does irk me a little bit too, haha. I guess I'm in the minority about this, but I purely think about what band would compliment a pinball machine best rather than thinking, "I gotta have my favorite band have a pin!"

Like I think Journey would translate very well to a pinball machine. I like Journey's music, but I'm not a super fan of them and I didn't grow up with them. But between their unique sound and very colorful album art it seems like a no brainer for a pinball machine design.

And I know, you can say that for 100 other bands. I just personally think Journey has a particular aesthetic that compliments the flashiness of pinball very well.

Some of their album covers even look like a pinball is being depicted in them!

4a8a1cbe435e21d0da120b2500e86176 (resized).jpg4a8a1cbe435e21d0da120b2500e86176 (resized).jpg

1 month later
#26944 1 year ago
Quoted from LeMansFan:

Daft Punk = INSTABUY!!!

Maaaan, I would love a Daft Punk pin. Just how freaking cool would it be to have both of the duo's robot helmets on the playfield lighting up?

It would probably remind people a lot of Pinbot, which could be a good thing! Activate the nostalgia for them!

832e15656f367dcf54d10d659680dc11febde593_810 (resized).png832e15656f367dcf54d10d659680dc11febde593_810 (resized).png

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
1 month later
#28392 1 year ago
Quoted from acedanger:

Sorry but the Venom movies were terrible the only redeeming quality was the CGI but story & characters were most uninspired IMO a big fat fail!!! [quoted image]

Even though I know Stern would never do this, it would be funny if they made an alternate translite or LE version featuring a female Venom. That was the best part of the movie version was seeing She-Venom.

qJYVokYifX7dYafEpDZgrc (resized).jpgqJYVokYifX7dYafEpDZgrc (resized).jpg

1 week later
#28906 1 year ago

I wonder how long it will be before an anime pin is made. Dad rockers probably dislike anime too much for Stern to take the risk, but maybe an older anime like Speed Racer could be appealing.

#28948 1 year ago

Pokemon would be the safest anime/video game pin that would attract non pinball fans in droves. That would be an instant buy machine for me.

Anime popularity has surged in the past decade, but the "normie" crowd still has a stigma against it. Crunchyroll (an anime streaming service) has generated millions in revenue, so it's likely only a matter of time before an anime pin is made.

#28954 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

I’m not a huge fan of the franchise but the capture a pokemon, creature level ups and gym battle progressions literally writes itself into a pin. I would be interested.

Not to mention stern could potentially integrate their insider connect to allow people to "trade" pokemon between machines. How crazy would that be?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 495.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling

$ 10.50
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Lombard, IL
$ 35.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Land O' Lakes, FL
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 33.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 16.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 21.50
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hydrogenhuman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine?tu=hydrogenhuman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.