Screenshot_20240412_203046_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240412_203117_Chrome (resized).jpg
DSC06496 (resized).JPG
DSC06495 (resized).JPG
DSC05223 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #33984 Stern's new factory information Posted by Grantman (1 year ago)

Post #36014 TRAILER: Foo Fighters Pin teaser trailer Posted by Yoko2una (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hoakypoaky.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#921 6 years ago
Quoted from Herm:

Guardians of the galaxy would be cool but the music licensing might be expensive.

That's what pinball browser is for. Put whatever songs in there you want.

1 year later
#3510 4 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I did hear a rumor that Zombie Yeti is working on a 2020 release game for Stern so I really hope TMNT is it!

ZY would absolutely KILL IT on TMNT artwork. Are you listening Stern? This is a cross-generational theme that would generate plenty of sales if done properly. Let's hope that white board drawing really was a hidden clue

9c1826ecbe30e90ac6a4f48797089a8c3faa5b0d (resized).jpeg9c1826ecbe30e90ac6a4f48797089a8c3faa5b0d (resized).jpeg

1 year later
#13057 3 years ago

To be honest I don't really chase what the next upcoming theme is. Some good ideas mentioned here for sure. But I'm not the type of buyer who's willing to drop $7500+ on a single game.

But I have my grail themes that might get me to pull the trigger & I'm just patiently waiting. Pinball seriously needs to get back to embracing it's late 70s & early 80s Sci-Fi/Fantasy/Horror roots IMO. But any of these would suit me....

MAD MAX
TOHO GODZILLA
PLANET OF THE APES
BLADE RUNNER
BRUCE LEE
THEY LIVE
THE THING
EVIL DEAD
HAMMER FILMS HORROR

But theme alone won't get me to buy. For me it MUST be Keith Elwin on design & a good artist to match. Then I'm in. Until then I can wait.

4 weeks later
#13572 3 years ago

I thought there was a long standing vault rumor for TWD comic book art edition? Perhaps a slight code update including some new dots & modes from later seasons?

The show jumped the shark a long time ago, but the game & lyman code is a winner IMO. I'm sure it would sell well.

EDIT: Also like to add that TWD comic was published in B&W, so the game could have a unique "centaur" look to it. Add in some well placed red blood highlights, then the red DMD dots would pop on it.

1 week later
3 weeks later
#15000 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Or like when Godzilla comes out and, guess what, he's fighting Mothra and there's a health counter and....

Yeah this is my concern as well. The last thing I want to see on Godzilla is endless health meter battles on the LCD screen like DP & AIQ. Been there done that, and all too often lately. Hopefully they will try something new.

Let the player be Godzilla & then go on a character arc as the game progresses, from Destroyer of Worlds to becoming the Savior of Tokyo. Modes & multiballs first destroying Tokyo & fighting the Japanese military, then heading to monster island to defeat your rivals, then collect & join together to fight against the final threats from Outer Space. Or something like that. If Keith really is doing this game, then it's in good hands.

#15252 3 years ago

Perfectly sums up this thread...

ststg (resized).jpgststg (resized).jpg
5 months later
#21865 2 years ago

If we are talking real dreams here, well then....

Elwin designed, Zombie Yeti on art of course....

1) MAD MAX TRILOGY: Best moments of all 3 films, with Mel Gibson on callouts. He'll be happy to take the work & reprise one of his favorite roles.

2) STAR WARS - BOBA FETT: Finally give Elwin a crack at a Star Wars pin. Instantly the best SW pin ever made. Just wait for a couple seasons of the Book of Boba Fett first before making it. Or take some creative freedom with a Knights of the Old Republic theme.

3) ANY JOHN CARPENTER SCIFI CLASSIC: Let Stern get a Carpenter licence & let them do it justice. There's so much clamoring for BTIC, but I would MUCH prefer They Live, The Thing, or Escape From New York.

4) THE LEGEND OF INDIANA JONES: Take the licence, but go the Jurassic Park route. Don't get boxed in with movie clips. Use Ford's likeness, get a impressionist voice-over, animate the LCD and pack the game with classic & new adventure modes. I can only image what Elwin could do with a modern IJ design. And Zombie Yeti drawing classic IJ characters? Count me in

5) BLADE RUNNER: Long overdue. Spinner cars, neon lights, hunt for replicants, voight-kampff tests & more Harrison Ford. Killer soundtrack. It would be Tron taken to the next level. They'd sell a ton of these.

2 months later
#23196 2 years ago

I don’t see them doing any more MCU tie-ins after the success of Deadpool & AIQ. Clearly they’ve learned you don’t need the movie clips to make a successful Marvel pin. Quite the opposite actually. The characters are the selling point. Just use the vast content of decades of comic content, then let your artists & video designers go wild.

Still plenty of fan favorite characters to focus a stand alone pin on…

Wolverine
Silver Surfer
The Punisher
Fantastic Four
Conan the Barbarian

#23212 2 years ago

I have a request for 2023.

Please make an updated Indiana Jones Adventures pin when IJ5 releases. Give the licence to Elwin & let him go crazy with the design & features. Let's see Zombie Yeti's take on IJ artwork. Cherry pick the best adventures from IJ movies & books to make a unique adventure. Similar to how they handled the JP licence. Animate the LCD screen & get a Ford voice actor. Total freedom & not tied down by movie clips.

WMS IJ is still very popular & sells for a ridiculous amount of money now. I certainly don't feel like overpaying for one, but I'm pretty sure people will spend money on another attempt at this licence. Especially if Elwin takes a crack at it. Plus they have a good relationship with Disney, so I'd say this is a pretty likely option in a few years.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.95
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 375.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinMod Industries

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 36.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 1,059.00
Machine - For Sale
Haddonfield, NJ
$ 290.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Beyond Shop

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 53.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hoakypoaky.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine?tu=hoakypoaky and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.