Albumism_TheCars_TheCars_16x9.jpg
IMG_1935 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240412_203046_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240412_203117_Chrome (resized).jpg
DSC06496 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #33984 Stern's new factory information Posted by Grantman (1 year ago)

Post #36014 TRAILER: Foo Fighters Pin teaser trailer Posted by Yoko2una (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hazoff.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#86 7 years ago

With the exception of Aliens I just can't believe the themes people are asking for and the ones that are chosen, even GB's for me is let down but Aerosmith is just crap, Starwars would be great but the new film didn't even come close to the character of the OG trilogy thus no interest, Rock Theme - Motorhead, 80's Theme - Blade Runner, Modern Theme - Ash vs Evil Dead

#110 7 years ago

Grand Theft Auto or Castle Wolfenstien

#117 7 years ago
Quoted from silver_spinner:

im pretty much betting a Drake machine would get more play and get new blood involved more than an old rock band from 1960s or 1970's.

If someone makes a Drake pin then I'm selling everything and quitting the hobby and possible ending it all, Drake? Let a screaming comet hit the Earth please before that happens, in fact let it hit me right on top of my head. I need a minute.

#119 7 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Yeah, Canada: Thanks for Drake and Bieber. You guys are really batting a thousand.

You guys have done a fair share of damage as well, not too mention its the US crowds that made those 2 dickheads as popular as they are.

bulls-hawks-basketball_jpeg2-1280x960_(resized).jpgbulls-hawks-basketball_jpeg2-1280x960_(resized).jpg

Nsync-Home-For-Christmas_(resized).jpgNsync-Home-For-Christmas_(resized).jpg

Nicki_Minaj23_(resized).jpgNicki_Minaj23_(resized).jpg

Backstreet-Boys-the-backstreet-boys-31015023-2102-1355_(resized).jpgBackstreet-Boys-the-backstreet-boys-31015023-2102-1355_(resized).jpg

#121 7 years ago
Quoted from trunchbull:

How about an Arcade Fire machine, then? An Avalanches pin? Vaporwave?
edit: wtf Nicki Minaj owns, I'd play the heck out of a Nicki Minaj pin (maybe a ladies of pop pin? Minaj, Grimes, MIA...)

All crap, hey if you like it then cool I mean my first pick is Slayer so we are on opposites sides of the spectrum here.

#125 7 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

You'll hear no argument from me: American music sucks donkey balls these days. Hey...I don't sign 'em, so don't blame me.

I'm blaming you 100% especially for NSync, I know you were at every concert.

#136 7 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Video game themes would not work because they would immediately narrow the perspective buyers way too much. A much higher percentage of the population watches movies or listens to music than plays video games. The cross section of people who watch movies with people who might actually pony up the cash to buy a pinball machine is a lot bigger than the cross section video gamers with perspective pinball buyers.

I disagree, we are basically at the 40 year mark of home consoles and arcades which means the target age for this hobby grew up on video games and they are just as an important venue as film and music not too mention the market for vids is now on par with films, no idea regarding modern music as it sucks, I think GTA for example would have mass appeal and do quite well as would several other series, Zelda, Wolfenstein, etc.

#192 7 years ago
Quoted from someoneelse:

It usually means you were born before 1970 or after 1985.

It also means I'm very happy to be have been born in 1974.

#202 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I just don't see the appeal of rehashing kiddie or any other movies from the 80s anymore.

I agree with kiddie part but the 70's and 80's for me was the pinnacle of great cinema and the best themes to me exist in that era, along with the best music and of course the best hair do's, now every guy who starts balding shaves his head, its like a giant army of dickheads out there, but I regress.

#207 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I think an outer space theme not based on any movie could be awesome. There is so much material to work with. Kind of an original science fiction theme. I guess Big Bang bar is the last time that was trie

I agree 100% theres a lot of talk based on theme's and entirely licensed based, I would much prefer original stuff, a space theme would be great.

#215 7 years ago

Coneheads

99571-10134155Fr_(resized).jpg99571-10134155Fr_(resized).jpg

2 weeks later
#294 7 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Let's just forget those middle 3 movies, shall we?

The 3rd one was great.

Quoted from o-din:

ut shouldn't there be a couple more Star Trek pinball machines in the meantime?

Yes, A dedicated Wrath of Khan pin or one based on the entire film series, Vger needs the information from the carbon units, I love that.

Oh yeah, F--K Aerosmith and make a Slayer Pin

#296 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Before they do any more Star Wars, perhaps they should do a better tribute to the
original Star Trek series than their parent company Data East did?

Yes.

#302 7 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Only compared to the first two of the middle 3. Compared to the others, it still sucked.

I thought it was great, after the OG 3 its by far the best of the series, the new one really didn't do anything for me at all.

#309 7 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Did they show different versions in Canada???

Nope, I never understood why people didn't like the 3rd one? It was dark and action packed, showed the birth of both Vader and the Emperor but then again I route for the Empire in those films so I guess that helps.

VaderEmperor_(resized).jpgVaderEmperor_(resized).jpg

#320 7 years ago
Quoted from Darth_Chris:

Revenge of the Sith showed me a crying Anakin uncertain about his future. Really not a dominating winner in my book. So be it.....it's the story now an no one can imagine anything else.

Quoted from Air_Pinball:

Watch all of this, then come back and we'll talk

Yeah I understand but like the outrage towards Prometheus for whatever reasons I just don't care, its a movie and the 3rd one was highly entertaining for me as was Prometheus and while I really enjoy SW and Aliens etc. its makes zero difference to me regarding being faithful to the story line and all that jazz, I love the first ST film "Kirk Unit" its my favorite after W of K and I love the 5th one as well but the ST geeks for the most part really frown upon them, why? I guess if you will actually go to a convention then you are into it on a higher level, well a different level as my love for ST runs deep, if I'm entertained for that hour or 2 then that's all that matters.

1 week later
#339 7 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I would not be opposed to a Bon Jovi machine. He's got enough good songs for one. Living on a Prayer would be great on a machine with a bunch of people singing along.

No TigerLaw please no, Bon Jovi pin?

#355 7 years ago
Quoted from trunchbull:

Aerosmith? Bon Jovi? What's next, Lawrence Welk?

Lawrence Welk would be better than Aerosmith or Bon Jovi. I have the translite already. Potential for some great art and even better music, I'm in for Champagne Music LE.

lawrence-welk_(5)_(resized).jpglawrence-welk_(5)_(resized).jpg

2 months later
#462 7 years ago

I want a ST vault edition at some point with the OG series, that would greatness.

5-things-the-new-star-trek-tv-series-must-include-that-the-new-films-forgot-new-star-t-727324 (resized).jpg5-things-the-new-star-trek-tv-series-must-include-that-the-new-films-forgot-new-star-t-727324 (resized).jpg

3 weeks later
#466 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

erfect. At least she's holding up better than some of the old men of pinball themes.

Oh Man, I'm a sucker for mature women and their beautiful large breasts. Might make a nice pin

#470 7 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

To be announced at TPF? Based on Episodes 4,5, and 6?

What? That would be special.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#483 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Pulp Fiction.

That seems like a difficult theme to translate into a pinball machine Zed mini wizard mode?

pulp-fiction-zed-and-the-gimp (resized).jpgpulp-fiction-zed-and-the-gimp (resized).jpg

#499 7 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Speaking of Harry Potter and Rowlings' aversion to pinball

I'm not interested in that theme but whats her problem with pinball? what an idiot. I think this gambling crap and what ever happened in the 40's is horseshit, you can gamble on a video game if you wanted or just about anything for that matter.

1 month later
#513 7 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Stern needs a "RETRO" line of game strating with game #1 Laser War.

I agree, Stargazer and Quicksilver would be great remakes.

1 month later
#591 7 years ago

Pulp Fiction is a fine film but as a theme for pinball I think its terrible, Deadpool would be far better, JMO

#598 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Can;t possibly be any worse than JM and you like that one fine.

Oh its worse than JM, at least its cheese 90's Sci Fi, I don't know maybe it would work, I like TBL film but for me it doesn't work for pinball, you just want a Gimp Multiball right

4 months later
#772 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Holy shit Seriously? Does this mean they come out of left field with a Dimmu Borgir machine?!?

Lets hope not but a Venom pin would be nice.

#775 6 years ago
Quoted from Wakky:

Next pin is Bon Jovi gauranteed

then next pin will be not be purchased by me guaranteed

#779 6 years ago

I always liked Taco Grande.

#782 6 years ago

Its also just shitty pinball music, I like the Beatles but Motorhead is a much better choice.

#791 6 years ago
Quoted from Wakky:

then next pin will be not be purchased by me guaranteed

Ok but that doesn't work with what I wrote, nice try. You should have said "then not buying the next pin will be nice"

#792 6 years ago

Gwar pinball, has a nice ring to it.

wallpaperBand (resized).jpgwallpaperBand (resized).jpg

#799 6 years ago
Quoted from Wakky:

Ok but that doesn't work with what I wrote, nice try. You should have said "then not buying the next pin will be nice"

?

1 month later
#890 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

CSI and 24 were two of the weakest pins in modern Stern history

24 is a great pin.

#893 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I'm not saying you can't like it

Oh thanks

#910 6 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

I have heard the GOTG soundtrack is in the game ....Oooga chuuuka

Man thats a lot of licensed classics right there, I hope so but it won't be cheap.

#952 6 years ago

GOTG without the soundtrack would be terrible, I mean the pin could still be fun of course but that's really part of the charm of those films

2 weeks later
#1094 6 years ago

I know guys who will pass on a pin they have been after for years because its 200 more than the going rate, or guys that will wait months to get the asking price when then sell or that worry about the pin retaining its value, that's cool and that's one kind of collector, I'm the other, must have it to hell with the 200 dollars, when selling I don't want people in my house trying the game and spotting ridiculous crap looking for a deal so I sell at a price knowing it will move fast, most likely less than what I paid, buy high and sell low which is stupid but it works for me as the cost of dealing with buyers and sellers sucks so much I just don't care about the loss. Oh yeah.

2 months later
#1207 6 years ago

How about STVE with the OG cast based on the films or the TV show, that gets my top pick followed closely by an Elvis VE based on the early Vegas era.

#1210 6 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

From what I hear STVE is for sure.

Man I hope its with OG cast, I like the layout and really enjoyed my time with STLE and while the new films aren't bad they just don't compare. I would like the 6 OG films or a dedicated Wrath of Khan VE damn thats a grail for sure. wishful thinking I know.

2 months later
#1523 6 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

How about a Sammy Hagar/Heavy Metal pin.

Sammy Hagar has nothing to do with metal, I'm not into Iron Maiden past powersalve but man with the other bands being posted here I'm really glad its Maiden. Bon Jovi

#1558 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

And we are all grateful for that!

I'm not and not because I don't want JJP building it I don't want it to be built at all. James Bond would be great, Looney Tunes if it has to be kiddie like man the themes that get thrown around here suck most of the time.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1561 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Okay, we're all grateful, with the exception of Hazoff, that JJP may have the GnR license.

Thank you sir, I feel much better now.

#1567 6 years ago

I want Sci Fi from JJP, original or licensed. Blade Runner? yep sounds good to me.

#1572 6 years ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

Night Gallery, which could be a TZ updated version or Tales from the Darkside or Creepshow

Yes, Creepshow for me would be a dream theme, The Hitchhiker as well. that coming on in the wee hours with certain chemicals running wild in the old blood stream was truly magical, Tales too.

#1703 6 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

The only music pin that's going to sell out this year is Alice Cooper.

Really, you mean all 500 units?

#1770 6 years ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

Talk about catering to old farts tastes , even the art is ordinary haha

enough with the crappy old timer licenses already geez

relax they may make a Migos pin or better yet a Taylor Swift pin? That shitty old fart band Maiden god damn Stern.

#1773 6 years ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

Really hoping for Beach Boys

What a person does in the privacy of his own home is his business but this is a pinball thread sir.

1 week later
#1819 6 years ago

Ministry Its clear Judas Priest needs a pin, I'd love a SWOD LE with this as the translite.

judas_priest_sad_wings_of_destiny_1500x1500px_100321232815_2 (resized).jpgjudas_priest_sad_wings_of_destiny_1500x1500px_100321232815_2 (resized).jpg

#1841 6 years ago
Quoted from DefDumBlindKid:

Didn’t I see a Led Zep machine rumored in Mr Pinball somewhere? Now that’s timeless.

Zepplin is timeless and Priest is not? or Maiden? u are confused my friend. Anyway Black Metal can be nice and all but Slayer would be the best all around Evil pin for me, Mercyful Fate would work as well. Centaur while a fine game has nothing to do with music.

B98H6No (resized).jpgB98H6No (resized).jpg

#1843 6 years ago

Stained Class LE, yes please.

51Ga4RqGzEL (resized).jpg51Ga4RqGzEL (resized).jpg

1 week later
#1986 6 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Just getting back home from TPF and this is my thoughts on the flight home.., Spooky and others had great shows. What ever game Stern puts out next needs to blow people’s socks off...

It does, why? POTC is still months away from production, ACNC looks good and all but theres only 500 and they will take time to produce. Houdini looks great but same thing, Stern will have a new game out and delivered with another on the way before most people see these other pins, and like Who-Dey mentioned theres many to choose from still in production or out of production in the used market. Stern has nothing to worry about, well except for pinsiders and their delightful way.

#1995 6 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

They have something to worry about if people hold off on buying a Stern for these other titles.

Well in my opinion no one who really wants Iron Maiden will hold off for Pirates and Alice but who knows.

#2057 6 years ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

Agree, since Riggs left there album covers after Brave New World have been horrrible.

Like the music after Powerslave. If Stern ruins this game with whatever this Legacy crap is and makes it newbie Maiden tom foolery then I'm out which will suck. Then again for me I won't really be happy unless its all 80's Maiden with classic art style and fast gameplay, this song and pinball were made for each other.

#2100 6 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Jurassic World, Bon Jovi, Led Zeppelin, Jimi Hendrix......

All old rumors!

Good, hopefully they stay that way. Zepplin would be ok but Sabbath is the better choice.

#2101 6 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

The next Stern pinball game will be........your mom.

Did you mean to type Mr. Mom because if thats the case I'm in.

1 week later
#2136 6 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

F&F isn’t happening.

thats great news.

Quoted from frankmac:

Motorboat would be a fun game to play..

I try and play that game every chance I get, even when I'm alone which isn't easy believe me.

Quoted from gregh43:

iam still waiting on Stern for a Prince Tribute Pinball machine. How cool would that be

Prince was a great musican and song writer and I like his music but for pinball its shit.

I'd like a Motorhead pin.

G4lAUF (resized).jpgG4lAUF (resized).jpg

3 weeks later
#2183 5 years ago

How about a God of War pin, I'm currently playing GoW on the PS4 it is amazing so much story and great visuals would make an awesome pinball machine, so would Doom and Castle Wolfenstien but I guess Queen would be alright too.

1 week later
#2240 5 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Have to agree that the original Star Trek series on LCD would really hit Stern's demographic.

They could do the OG series or the films with the OG cast and I would be happy, I would be happy with a StarTrek Wrath of Khan pin, Khan taunting you on the LCD as you battle, Oh man that would be amazing. Perhaps a ST Vault rethemed?

#2242 5 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

A license so expensive and constricting it makes Disney look friendly.

Thats why Motorhead is a much better option. I like the Beatles but the music is shit for pinball.

4 months later
#2446 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Who cares about Jaws? I want to know when they're going to use the Princess Bride

Me, I care so much more about Jaws than The Pricess Bride its just not even funny.

1 month later
#2481 5 years ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

It was weird they called star trek a vault when there were no changes and it had only left production for a year.

A StarTrek vault based on the OG series would be my top pick. Tron based on the 80's film, LOTR's comic book style. So not interested in just a rehash, I mean if the desire for Tron as it is is out there then by all means but I don't see the point in these identical remakes.

1 year later
#7623 3 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

Any pics posted of TMNT yet?

Is that the next title? Lame

2 months later
#8518 3 years ago
Quoted from JRBBRJ:

Castlevania would be a great license.

This would be great. Darksiders and God of War would make cool pins as well. So many game franchises to choose from. Its time. Doom and Castle Wolfenstein are top picks for me.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.50
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 3.49
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
Machine - For Sale
Bartlett, IL
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
FlipMods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,999.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Maine Home Recreation

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

16,000 (OBO)
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 140.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hazoff.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine?tu=hazoff and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.