IMG_1935 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240412_203046_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240412_203117_Chrome (resized).jpg
DSC06496 (resized).JPG
DSC06495 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #33984 Stern's new factory information Posted by Grantman (1 year ago)

Post #36014 TRAILER: Foo Fighters Pin teaser trailer Posted by Yoko2una (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider freeplay3.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3819 4 years ago

Star wars home version...who's in

#3834 4 years ago
Quoted from freeplay3:

Star wars home version...who's in

Did you think I was joking?

2 months later
#4941 4 years ago

I don't know what's next. Won't pretend to have any info. Games I would like to see...

Scarface- if they take the Sopranos approach and let the f bombs fly, could be great.

Back to the future- think they missed the window in 15 for the 30th anniversary.

Led Zeppelin- as far as classic band themes go, they are running out of good ones.

Queen- see Led Zeppelin. Also may have missed opportunity to tie in with bohemian rhapsody.

Blues brothers- covers both music and movie themes. Unfortunately, and we seen this with gotg, they couldn't possibly acquire the rights to all the great music. Plus all the musicians appering in the movie Ray Charles, James Browne, Aretha Franklin, etc. Game would cost $28,000 to do it right, do it right...

Legend of Zelda- absolute dream for me. Love Zelda and tons of material to work with.

Mario bros.- same as Zelda. Gottlieb's version not doing it for me. My fear is a big name like this could get the Star Wars treatment. Slap a simple design on it and sell it on name only.

I could keep going but getting tired of typing.

#4943 4 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Id love a Mario game, but feel that's a better jjp title.

Jjp would do better on all these titles. But this a stern thread.

1 week later
#5089 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Times are changing. As you can see, the people who grew up loving 80's themes are now becoming those who are doing the purchases and that will only get stronger. Seems like this thread has been dominated lately by 80's ideas for pins..

People suggest 80's or older themes because that's all that seems to get released lately. Just getting tired of the out dated material. JP2 90s,Munsters-60s, Bksof-80s, Beatles-60s, Starwars-timeless but still 70s and 80s, Bm66-60s duh, IMDN, As, Met, ACDC- were popular in 80s and 90s, Kiss-70s. GB gets a pass because it was released with the new movie.

Deadpool, GOTG, GoT, and Walking Dead are the only games to be based on a popular theme at release date. This of course is just the last several years. You could include Tron, Avatar, Transformers, etc. Those would be in the 6 to 7 year old range just before they started this slide into the past.

#5091 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Yea i guess im just in a different boat since im a fan of the 80's. I could do without ever seeing another comic pin haha. Not a fan of comics..

We are all fans of the 80s. I also agree we don't need another comic pin. At least with Deadpool they didn't phone it in. Gotg, Xmen and Avengers

#5129 4 years ago

I think fast and the furious could make a good theme. It may be unattainable. They may get the name but no actors or sound clips. In today's market everybody needs to get paid. Actors, car manufacturers, hell the tire company on the cars will want likeness royalties.

#5166 4 years ago

I don't care what the next theme is, who's designing it, and who is doing the code. Just give me a relevant pinball that I can buy, run on the route for a few years, make some money, then sell.
No more dream titles for me. Casual players go on what they know. Munsters was cute, but I am in my 40s and they were 20 years old when i was a kid. BKsor, another nod to the old times. Elvira is another game piggy backing on its 2 previous games. Can't run it. I have bar/restaurants that have kids playing the games. One parent complains and it's out. Not to mention the price structure doesn't help.

#5183 4 years ago
Quoted from majicman110:

I understand what you are saying, and this isn't directed at you (or any individual). I don't doubt that you get complaints about this kind of crap, but it makes me scared for our future.
What the hell happened to parents? Who the hell would protest a GAME? That is all it is. A freaking game? I'm about your age. All my friends had Friday the 13th, Die hard, Total recall, Terminator etc on the original NES when we were in freaking kindergarten. We also watched all those movies. Yes, occasionally some lame ass parent wouldn't let a kid watch an R-rated movie, so that kid would just go to a friend's house and watch it. We also had action figures and toys that our parents bought us from all of these franchises.
I laugh at some if the b.s. titles that come out today. We wouldn't have been caught dead watching Wonka, Goonies, or any of these lame ass P.G. games that are licensed. What the hell happened to people that were born in the 70's and 80's? Grow up people and stop being offended by everything.

Quoted from Roostking:

Seriously? One person complains and out. How did we allow one person so much power?

If it was up to me I would tell anyone who complained to piss off. Unfortunately, as a long time operator of Jukes, ATMs and of course pins, you are at the mercy of the bar owner. The bar owner is at the mercy of any customer, no matter how bat shit crazy they are. I almost lost a jukebox location because someone played a rap song during dinner and an old bitty bitched. So for me in a family friendly location I need to consider things like elvira and her assets, black knight and the "scary" monsters, and other things that may offend anyone. Yeah, it sucks.

#5248 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Breaking Bad pin would be great.

Don't think we will see any pinball based on illegal drug production. Considering every pinball in the late 80s thru the 90s had some kind of "say no to drugs" message scrolling across the screen.

Never seen stranger things. From what I read here it's a nostalgic driven show. My guess is the game will suck because it will be very limited. Remember, behind every fad of the 80s is an estate waiting for their check. I can see a pin with the name and characters but without any real 80s pop culture. Leading to a whole bunch of threads on pinside complaining about everything left out.

#5254 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

And pinball was illegal mostly due to the mob but yet we have a Sopranos machine. Never say never my friend

The Sopranos game focus was more on the characters and what they allegedly did. If you make a breaking bad pin I dont think you can get away with not mentioning meth.

#5289 4 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

Honestly, I'm sort of surprised Stern hasn't jumped onto some of the younger trends in gaming and turned them into pinball machines. They missed the boat on Angry Birds (just like the last movie), but there are still some very popular games out there that millions of people play daily;
Fortnite
Call Of Duty
League of Legends
Magic The Gathering
Older themes that still might resonate;
Halo
Clash Of Clans
Roblox
Minecraft
Candy Crush
And of course the aforementioned;
Pokemon

I agree. Especially with Fortnite. Rumor has it they want to start connecting the pins online. If they linked Fortnite the pinball with the game with special items only acquired from playing the pinball, you would literally have tens of thousands of people of all ages hunting that game down.

#5336 4 years ago

Getting a license and all the supporting licenses is the key. I keep seeing diehard, but I would bet Bruce Willis would never sign off on it. Bttf is the same. The original de version was a joke. That's why you have horrible voice actors on GOTG and TWD. Ever wonder why the Beatles is only the early stuff? I bet that's all they had access too. Apple records probably wouldn't sign off on later music. I'm not a fan of Elvis or the pin but it was done right. The story I was told was Graceland contacted Stern and waived the license fees. I'm sure if who ever holds the rights to bttf contacted stern and wanted to do an anniversary machine with full support, they would jump at the opportunity.
I understand it's a speculation thread for fun. Just consider the whole picture and what a diehard game would be without Bruce Willis or Mad Max based on the original with out Mel Gibson on it. I dont think anyone wants those.

#5341 4 years ago
Quoted from V8haha:

Wow did we get off topic... haha

You're right...C'mon Saturday Night Fever/ Bee Gees

#5344 4 years ago
Quoted from 2pupPinz:

Again...an’ I want...Animal![quoted image]

Sorry. Couldn't resist.

1 week later
#5604 4 years ago

Tom and Jerry could be entertaining. Having Uncle Pecos singing is a must have.

#5644 4 years ago
Quoted from CLEllison:

Marvel has Black Widow and DC another Wonder Woman coming out. A new Matrix movie is coming and a Tolkien TV series based off the Similarion. Just a thought.
Imagine this (for better or for worse) if a stranger things pin were to be made, in corporate the technology already available. Motion detection tied in to magnets. Ella mode would allow you to throw balls by commanding magnets. No one has done this before in the pin industry. Hell, for that matter since another Matrix is on the way that would be the PERFECT game to use that with.

Throwing balls with magnets would be cool. It was awesome when twilight zone did it in 93

#5680 4 years ago
Quoted from fisherdaman:

ahhhh the old we ran out of money tour! classic

I think it's more of a pay attention to us tour.

#5689 4 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

All this talk about music pins, how big are Oasis in the US? I know some collectors in the states with 100,000 in Oasis memorabilia and collectors items, but those are the hardcore fans, how much of a general following in the states do they have?

Maybe the video mode can be the brothers fist fighting on stage.

#5722 4 years ago
Quoted from wlf_:

None of Sega Pinballs games appear to be based on actual Sega properties?
Perhaps it was a conscience decision not to do something sonic related? They were really busy at that point with video games and prolly genesis and dreamcast stuff, maybe they didnt wanna water down that license?
Woulda been rad though![quoted image]

What a sad list. I know, there are a couple fair titles on there, but over all not a good line up as a whole.

1 week later
#5898 4 years ago
Quoted from GravitaR:

Not larger than Beatle's I'd bet. Look how that pin was received.

You take an old pin, slap a few beatle's songs from their worst era of music, and charge a premium price for the game. I always wondered why it doesn't get more love.

If they put half the effort into the Beatles as they did Iron Maiden, it would have been a hit.

1 week later
#6087 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

High volume distributors can probably cut a deal with Stern to mark them down, but that inventory is owned by the distributors when they take delivery. I'm just surprised that hasn't happened. Bally/Williams used to have awesome blowout deals on NIB slow-moving stock just to be done with it. They clearanced Cirqus Voltaire for like $2000ish if I remember right.

The first time I played Circus Voltaire was at my distributor. He offered me his floor model CV for 1600 out the door. I passed because no one wanted to play them on location.

#6092 4 years ago
Quoted from Wmsfan-GAP:

They were being sold at close out prices NIB for $1800....I was a dealing with paying off student loans at that point or I’d have one now...

Back then was a glorious time. I had a retail shop. No ebay or pinside to compete with me. Most people came in the shop not knowing you could buy a pinball for home. Close outside were awesome. Baywatch, golden eye, dirty harry for 1800 new in box. Sure there were more. The real steal were all the big operators and distributors who were overflowing with junk pinballs that were happy to have me haul them away for cheap. Tz for 600 whirlwinds and diners for 250 to 300 each. Addams were hard to score but even then I never paid over 1500.

I miss those days.

2 weeks later
#6402 4 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

Well... I think the french castle proves that it certainly took bits of inspiration from the movie. But, in a way I think the original themes that are inspired from popular movies are in a way more appealing... Maybe only to me.
But, I mean if I want to watch "insert name of movie here" I can always pop it into my dvd player or stream it. And yeah... I do own a blu ray player still. I own over 3k movies and growing. My collection is better than any streaming service and its filled with movies I "ENJOY" watching(mostly... some films are only good ot be coasters).
I'm not saying you can't build a great pinball machine from good or bad movies. I think the 90s proved that you can turn ho-hum movies into great pins. Its just with the lcd's you're getting more and more of the movie content and less content created for the pinball machine. I'm a fan of dots and animation, and I loved the unique animations for pinball games. So I to me... A game like GOTG just lacks the same pop it would have if it had original animations instead of the source animations. Not saying that video footage can't work. I love Batman 66. I just think its hit or miss is all.
So for me. Yes, I would prefer more non-license games.
But, I do understand why Stern(or any other company) doesn't want to go down that route too often. Yes, its harder to sell non-license games. And bottom line is all that matters in any business.

I would love an original theme game. I picked up a GoT premium last year for the route. I never saw the show, never played the game, just knew with the new season coming it should do well with the occasional players. It didnt disappoint. I started playing it one day and really liked it. Anytime I am at the location I try to play a few games. The other day I was playing it and thought if it wasn't GoT but a basic clan wars type game, could it be more appealing. You could rip off some off MM ideas and give the clans odd names. Mix a little comedy in to it. Do a much better art package and not be committed to using what is given to you to use.
I dont know if they are afraid to take a chance on original themes. Last ones I can remember them doing is sharky shootout and high roller. Back then the games were...bad. Lisenced or not. If not I will keep my fingers crossed for that Facts of Life pinball I am dreaming about....you take the good, you take the bad

#6404 4 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

I like Sharky Shootout and one of my pinball friends, that's one of his favorite games. I think sharky has decent art(they do reuse too much of their assets though for my taste) decent dots, and some really nice callouts. Game is fun.
As to your point about would GOT be better if it was an original theme... I think you make very valid points. I don't like the dots in GOT. I do like the game. I think the assets used in the art are a bit bland. And don't really appeal to me too much... I rather have art. But, I know why they didn't go that route. It's cheaper. Hell... I could do the photoshop work required to make that cabinet and my design wouldn't be too far removed in quality from what stern used.
I'm not a great artist, but I do own my own comics company and so I know what I'm doing in photoshop. No disrespect to the artists at Stern. But, again... They went the quick and cheap route to make the game profitable. No harm in doing that. As the game really does play good, and I enjoy it. Even if its just mostly... Get your modes qualified do not start them until you start mb and then watch the points explode... Sure I know their is more to it than that. But, that is what you need to get a replay or impress your none pinball friends.
But, yeah... The idea that you said would inject more character into the game, and also let you build up cool modes around them, rather than being hamstrung to what you can and can't do. I think there is more possibilities with an original IP than an existing one. Not to mention you don't have to worry about a company holding up your topper until you get the shade of blue just right...
And please... I am not bashing stern. I am teasing them. I bought 2 NIB from Stern. I love both of them. No one is perfect(my crap smells) and no company is perfect. So... Since this is the next stern thread. I too can't wait to see what they make next. Turtles... Cowabonga if that is true!

I had a sharkey shootout a couple years ago. The only reason I bash those games is because they were insanely simple. For a budget game it had appeal. I sold mine under 2k and the fellow who bought it was thrilled to find a game that cheap. When you consider it came out after wms was out of business, and all the wonderful things they did years earlier, sharky and high roller were a huge step back.

My fear on TMNT is which era we get. They have so many different shows/movies it's scary. Does anyone really want to hit the start button and hear vanilla ice....go ninja go ninja go ninja go

4 weeks later
#6534 4 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Based on what though? I mean you have pinside screaming all sorts of things, but when they are offered X, barely anyone ponies up the bucks.
Vaults are not getting color screens, they've all had the DMD per their original sale. That imo would be considered a remake. The market is nuts now, so maybe it could support an over priced lotr. But I've heard rumors for YEARS of a tron and lotr vault....I said f it and didn't sell my tron and bought a lotr because I wanted the game(s) and these rumors are ridiculous sometimes. I don't think the used lotr market is 7k unless you are talking ultra amazing perfect condition with every mod? Mine wasn't that much and I've seen them sell for less and more. This is the same as tv shows and movies, where the hardcore people want another movie or another season, but the creators need to know when to say no, it is over and let it be remembered and nostalgic. The game is great, they do go for sale, let it be and buy one or move on to another game

If cgc can redo wms games for 6k, I am sure stern could do lotr. I'm sure the licensing for lotr could be an issue. I think if they did the 3 game format with rgb lights big display and better looking toys on the se and le people would throw money at them.

#6550 4 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

CGC sells more than just pinball, so they can afford to not have as much profit. Mostly non licensed games and CGC is doing everything in house, which I know stern finally is for most things. CGC base price on afm is $6500, right?
With the licensing and having to get the voice and likenesses of everyone involved in that film....you think it is going to happen? Man that is going to be like batman 66 pricing.... And a 15k lotr makes sense doing a full lcd, otherwise your vault is going to have a dmd... and when you go LCD, it is all new assets. So now Stern is paying again to have more assets created etc. And at that point it is more of a corner stone and you better sell thousands of games to recoup that cost. LOTR doesn't make sense financially to remake, unless licensing is a one small purchase.

I know that licensing for products is stupid complicated. Also base price on cgc standard is 6k now. I'm sure they could dust off the old contract. It's not like they are asking actors to do custom call outside or redoing any art work. With the new show coming out, they maybe reluctant to merchandise the old and want to push for the new.

1 week later
#6643 4 years ago
Quoted from SadSack:

A little birdie told me you will have to pay a royalty per play on location, just like the new juke boxes.

I will happily give stern a percentage of my collections, but only if it's for features that are only available to location machines. Also, they better knock 2k off the price to help compensate us for our troubles. There is a reason touchtunes has 10s of thousands jukeboxes out there. You give away the product and make your money on the back end.

#6668 4 years ago

What we really need is a good Conan the Barbarian pinball with some of the awesome artwork I remember in the 80s.

savage sword conan #4 iron shadows moon (resized).jpgsavage sword conan #4 iron shadows moon (resized).jpg
#6671 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Matrix is such an old concept and the last 2 movies ruined the franchise so no for me.

Agreed. The first movie was something different. Fun to watch. The second and third were just bad.

#6731 4 years ago
Quoted from Raegor:

What about Animaniacs?

I loved Animaniacs. As someone else said, just not popular enough.

images (resized).jpegimages (resized).jpeg
#6779 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

WWE LE would like a word with you.

I also think X men le and Avenger le are jockeying for third.

#6781 4 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

WOAH THERE, I know X-Men LE doesn't go for oodles, but I think it's the best by far out of Avengers, WWE, and TF.

I'm just going on price. Xmen seems to be on the lower end for an le.

1 week later
#7134 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

If you want to get crazy, maybe a Sex and the City pin? Kapow/IGT has the slot machines in casinos now. Think of the sea of women that will open their wallets to buy their very own pinball machine just to find out if they're really a Samantha or a Carrie!

0de35d6b613cb1390f2975a76c8982f2 (resized).jpg0de35d6b613cb1390f2975a76c8982f2 (resized).jpg
#7245 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Kardashians:The Pin?

And I thought the Sex and the City suggestion was horrible.

#7248 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Kardashians:The Pin?

You may be on to something here. Since this thread is mostly people asking for the same titles with no new info, how about we have a little fun?
What is the one theme you don't want to see?
Kardashians definitely qualified. Oprah the pin would be a close second.

1 week later
#7341 4 years ago

So he mentions turtles and I continued watching. Lost some respect with that color puke on the cyclone

1 month later
#7477 3 years ago

I don't want to be negative, just realistic. I think we get 1 game this year. We really need to see how this plays out. I am worried that even when locations are allowed to open, we will be limited to how we operate games. Everyone will struggle and dropping cash on new pins when you are either shutting off or removing 50% of the games isnt a smart move. As for the home market, until we see how bad the fallout is, people may be reluctant to shell out 6k to 10k for a game when they could lose their job without notice.
I do believe the smart play for Stern is to revisit a few popular games if the demand is there.

1 week later
#7531 3 years ago
Quoted from Shoot_Again:

Next Stern title.
[quoted image]
The clear coat says.
Crunch, Crunch!

Stern would take an awesome theme like See and Say and screw it up. It would end up with the tired fan layout, 2 ramps, 3 pops, and a loop. Every mode will be a 18 minute long continuous mess with no clear goal and 18 lamps strobing 6 different colors. The worst part will come when they dont pay Fisher Price for total rights and use a voice actor to say "The cow goes moo" and its nothing like the toy we all grew up with and loved.

Also it will dimple and chip.

#7535 3 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Yeah, how can he bitch about see & say? And oh this glorious voice acting!
(Hint: I think it's a joke.)

I guess I should have put up a sarcasm
Emoji.

#7546 3 years ago

Most of my games are on route. Only the older wms games are at my house. I just pulled Wonka from the route and sold it. Here in the detroit area there is no problem finding pinballs to play...pre covid

#7585 3 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Ok, I thought of a great theme for a pin. Do a rock and roll tribute and have different famous bands. Do it all in 70s and 80s bands and in the end it sets up like a giant concert like the Texas Jam. Ozzy, Dio, Van Halen, Bad Company, AC/DC, REO Speedwagon, Journey, Rush. It would sell like crazy.

Kind of like Monster Bash, except it will cost $37,000 by the time they secure all the rights and pay royalties.

#7612 3 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Careful what you wish for. I can see them moving to paywalls to get to certain features/scoring.. If you thought you were getting an pin from Stern that had incomplete code before, just wait until you have to add money, to complete the actual game...

In the old days, you could buy a golden tee for home and it was no different then the arcade version. Then the golden tee fore came along. You could play all the courses but not the tournament. Now golden tee live comes out and if you want access to everything it's a monthly fee...and you still cant play in money tournaments.
I could very well see something like this in the future.

#7616 3 years ago
Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

I think it's free if you use your own network and not the cell link.
But IT games takes fees per game on line + big yearly software update fees and you need to change the pic as well.

If you use their network with the built in wifi its $15 a month. That's in a commercial location. We do give them a cut of every online game played whether its tournament or money games. As a player in your home you pay them a fee and you can participate in non cash online games for ranking. If you dont pay that fee you can just play the courses. You cant keep stats or use any clubs or balls you might have on your player card.

#7619 3 years ago
Quoted from freeplay3:

If you use their network with the built in wifi its $15 a month. That's in a commercial location. We do give them a cut of every online game played whether its tournament or money games. As a player in your home you pay them a fee and you can participate in non cash online games for ranking. If you dont pay that fee you can just play the courses. You cant keep stats or use any clubs or balls you might have on your player card.

Yeah cell service. That's what I meant. I never did the home model set up. I couldn't tell you fees on the monthly or yearly. I sold all my golden tees the past 2 years and am down to one. Couldn't be happier.

#7650 3 years ago

They need to fill back orders before they announce any game. If not, you will have half the orders cancelled and deposits moved to the new game. Dosen't make sense to announce anything.

#7675 3 years ago

I know a few people wouldn't be happy about a Harry Potter pin. I think it would be a great theme. Very few franchises have been generational themes. Star Wars, LOTR, and Harry Potter.
You can give honorable mentions to some. Indy, JP, and BTTF. I am sure there are others.
Personally, I wouldn't want a Harry Potter for myself. I would buy it for the route sight unseen.

#7691 3 years ago

Only one car movie that deserves a pinball...Cannonball Run.

#7708 3 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Boobies multi-ball.

That would be up there with Addams Family for greatest multiball start ever.

1 week later
#7995 3 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Theme doesn't make an otherwise mediocre pin. However, found I do enjoy solid pins with themes I like better then good pins with themes I can't connect with.
I got a Spiderman 8 months ago from a local pinhead. It is a solid, highly ranked game but I just haven't been able to really get into it... largely because I never loved Spiderman or the movies. Ditto for hard rock pins. There are many highly ranked pins that fall into that category like Iron Maiden, AC/DC, and Metallica but I'm not interested in adding them to my collection becaus I just don't enjoy that genre of music.
The jury is out on if Mutant Turtles will be a fun pin worthy of comparisons to JP2. I'm sure those that really like the theme will jump in right away which is understandable. To each their own

Agree on how theme changes an opinion on a game. I really love playing Metallica and just got a Maiden to slap around. I grew up listening to that style of music, so it helps me enjoy playing the game a little more. I have a JP premium here now and just can't get into it. Its not my favorite theme and because of that, the little things you would normally overlook become more obnoxious (I am sick of hearing them screaming about Nedry and I am ready to disable the dino head. It was neat the first couple times, now it just slows the pace.) If I really wanted to like the game those things wouldn't bother me at all.

I will be more open to TMNT because I like the theme.

#8001 3 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

Theme is a double-edged sword. It will make some interested in a pin without any knowledge of gameplay, and overlook some weaknesses. And it will make others under value a machine and ignore its strengths. This is the case even with a generic theme. Some people hate martians for example. That’s why Stern and other manufacturers look at their customer base and pick a license with the widest reach for the best value.

For me, the double edge sword, would be a game like star wars. I was really excited and the game was a huge disappointment. Code wise, it's an interesting game. The playfield layout and art work were very disappointing. It made me hate the game because I wanted more from a big name like starwars.

2 weeks later
#8246 3 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

what would be amazing is having the main MB involve a shark popping up to eat/drain balls. Im not quite sure how the rules would work but that would sure be unique.
Maybe even do like 2 or more mechs like a combo of the trolls in MM and TOMs trap door.
Games dont typically include "dont shoot the shot" type mechanics.

As I read this all I pictured was Harley Davidson reskinned as jaws with a stupid shark instead of a bike.

I do love Jaws and I love sharks in general. I think a Jaws with JP style assets would be horrible. I would be more into a shark week pinball with a secret wizard mode that let's you hunt jaws.

#8288 3 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Topper?
[quoted image]

Probably a JP topper. Trying to save a few bucks shipping them together

#8316 3 years ago

How about a really good monopoly game. One that has deep rules, good call outs, and just fun to play. It would also need to include Player vs player scoring. Something like if you complete a property set first and the reward is a multiball the next player to do it pays rent by giving you half the points he earns during his multiball. One last thing, it cannot be a reskin of the other version.

#8335 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Oh, god. Now I want to play an Iron Maiden with THE most inappropriate songs attached to the modes. Yanni, Kenny G, Andreas Vollenweider, Sam Pilafian, Polka music. It could be epic. Maybe a special surprise for a pinball show...

I like Maiden music, but damn, polka music would be hilarious.

#8339 3 years ago

Perhaps we can just get the music changed to Apocalyptica

2 weeks later
#8512 3 years ago

I'm ready for a Tool pin. I know it wont happen. Since everyone is throwing out games they would like to see happen, I wanted to join in the fun.

1 month later
#9111 3 years ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

Pretty Sure its Golden Girls according to Deadflips Streams

I'm in if we get custom callouts by Betty White.

#9175 3 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

What marvel game theme would be coming? Captain America? Thor?

I don't think a Captain America pinball will happen. His name is offensive to a lot of the world. Disney gave the option to change the title to The First Avenger over Captain America the first avenger.

#9199 3 years ago

Don't you think Stern knows a Tron Vault will sell. My guess is that Disney wants to relaunch the franchise. If that's the case they won't sign off on a vault.

2 weeks later
#9933 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

You all really mean Led Zep don’t you?

Nope, we meant Tool.

#10007 3 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

It really does look bad ass. Its different. Does anyone notice the balls in the vid look like they have been around for a looooong time?

I didn't look close, but I played 2 different TMNT and both games had darker balls.

3 months later
#11640 3 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

Or a Congress pin where you start a game and nothing EVER happens.

The key feature to making a Congress pin, make sure its coded so both sides of the aisle can say the game is biased the other way.

1 month later
#12784 3 years ago

Did anyone watch Impractical Jokers last night? Patty Jenkins who directed the Wonder Woman movies was a guest. She commented on Brian Quinn's pinballs that he has in his background. For anyone who has not seen the show, he has a Tz, Imdn, and BM66. She points out the Batman and askes "Why don't we have a Wonder Woman pinball. We need to get one of those."

1 month later
#13389 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

RHCP is one of the worst bands in the history of popular American music and I am not alone in saying that. Somewhere after ‘blood sugar sex magic’ (which is a good album) they became a complete parody of themselves. The lowest common denominator, an unforgivably corny band that appeals only to vapid bro dudes with frosted tips. Brain dead lyrics obsessed with trite Californian tropes...barf. Not worthy of a pin. End rant.

If you never seen the wrecked episode with the chili pepper cruise, it's pretty funny.

rhcp.jpg.d1657e0267aad5a146e34b40a5b7ca5f (resized).jpgrhcp.jpg.d1657e0267aad5a146e34b40a5b7ca5f (resized).jpg
1 week later
#13709 3 years ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

Anyone else see this on Stern's Instagram just now?
[quoted image]

Red, yellow, and black. Made me think Mortal Kombat. I would also like to add that a puzzle maybe more fun then some of games that have been released over the last couple years.

Midway-T-U-Unit (resized).jpgMidway-T-U-Unit (resized).jpg
#13713 3 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

or perhaps theyre gonna start selling puzzles using their existing backglass/translite artwork?

They have a Star Wars one already.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#13730 3 years ago

I'm leaning towards this now...

clean (resized).jpgclean (resized).jpg
#13825 3 years ago

Maybe it is a Godzilla with a Welk sound track.

1 week later
#14369 3 years ago

Is it just me or does the shooter rod have better artwork then the actual cabinets?

LZ shooter (resized).pngLZ shooter (resized).png
#14384 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

It's just you. The shooter rod (which, admittedly, isn't what I would have wanted for a shooter rod because it's so freaking clunky) looks better on the premium and pro than the LE. The topper looks better on the LE than anything else. But I can assure you the LE looks pretty awesome in person...and I was a huge doubter when they posted the pictures.

Quoted from Psw757:

It’s you, everyone I’ve seen who owns any of the three versions seem quite happy with the art.

I have played both the pro and the LE. Artwork does look better when you are standing at the game. Yes the shooter rod is big, but I was referring to the grittiness of the art. I just wanted more artwork in the style of the old man drawings.

1 month later
#16617 2 years ago
Quoted from John0560:

I'm hoping that the leaker who told Kaneda this info was describing the backglass and said there ia a man and a delorean and Keneda mistook it for mandalorian. Who is with me?

Funny

#16750 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

There are many and I could go on all day but I’m a big Joe Coleman fan.

I like doing paint by numbers pictures.

#16882 2 years ago
Quoted from Scoot:

When was the last time we saw anything from DC comics? Batman? Superman? Anything else?
[quoted image]

Great, a Zack Snyder Justice League pinball. It will require you to put the back legs as low as possible with the front legs to the top so it plays in slow motion the whole time.

#17024 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Mando pro white wood. The flow is going to be off the charts with this one.
[quoted image]

I'm a little disappointed. I really like it when games have the dual in lanes, at least on one side.

#17230 2 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

And these guys have 8-10k to spend in a pinball machine?
It is not this age group that has the most money

Please keep insulting the thirty-something crowd. My phone is filled with guys in their 30s who always buy games. I will happily keep all their business for myself.

#17265 2 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

So you are saying you don't know anything about pinball machines?[quoted image][quoted image]

It is making me ill looking at that Spiderman. Please put some novus on that thing asap.

1 week later
#17929 2 years ago

I'm not saying it is right or wrong, but when a distributor is only given one or two LE's and sells them for MSRP only to see his customer turn around and sell it for 10x the profit he made, they are eventually going to want a bigger piece. Now going to your loyal customers and doing some kind of half assed bid/auction is bad for business. Do it the less conspicuous way, give it to your brother and have him list it for 13k.

#18058 2 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Hopefully something soon.
Cabbage patch kids. Lots of dolls in it.. LEs sold out..

How about melon patch kids. They're not orphans, they're abandoned.
Bonus points if the game has a triple lindy ramp.

#18081 2 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

Both of those licenses were too expensive. But Stern did score the license for Garbage Pail Kids.
Chastise Nasty Nick by completing ramp shots.
Deodorize Stinky Stan by completing drop targets.
Resurrect Dead Fred by activating pop bumpers.
Clean up Corroded Carl by making multiple loops.
Defuse Adam Bomb during timed multiball.

I would be into a garbage pail kids game.

#18110 2 years ago

I think the Mandalorian LE, on cost, is at it's high point right now.

#18308 2 years ago
Quoted from BasementFacts:

My issue is not so much the end-user flippers, but the distributors who auction their LEs for several thousands over MSRP. They are abusing their privilege and making thousands off of Stern. And the ultra-rich are gatekeeping LEs. I'd like to see two changes. 1) Stern needs to update their distro agreement and make it forbidden to sell above MSRP. 2) If distro has more demand than supply, simply choose names from a hat.

Careful what you ask for. If Stern starts price policing, it wont just be LEs. They would want to control all 3 levels of games and you will never again find deals on NiB pros and premiums.
As far as allocation of the LEs go, every distributor has more demand then they get and most beg for more and never get extras.

2 weeks later
#18641 2 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

PLEASE.Stern.No more rock pins!! All the bands mentioned here were not "epic" bands! Just the ones all U happen to like! Yes,I know some of U really think bands like "The Monkees" qualify, but they REALLY don"t!!That was Hollywood make up stuff for teeny boppers!!

If they made a Monkees pin that was as fun as Maiden or Metallica, I would buy it. I don't like or dislike the Monkees. I just want a fun game.

#18698 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_tagram:

I heard Stern is sticking to the Star Wars franchise and will be coming out in the 4th quarter with, The Star Wars Holiday Special Pin.
[quoted image]

Let's get them toppers into production now.

The_Star_Wars_Holiday_Special_HD_The_WHIO_1st_Generation_2013_VHS (resized).jpegThe_Star_Wars_Holiday_Special_HD_The_WHIO_1st_Generation_2013_VHS (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#18801 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Sterns Welk will come fully equipped with a vegetable steamer guaranteed to turn greenbeans white! Rear projection mini screen on the playfield airs QVC live! Premium / LE models come stock with medical stair lift cabinet. LE beige powder coated legs with othopedic floor grip to avoid slipping in the shower! With our new monthly subscription service your great Grand(champion)Mother can flip safely with our Stern Army Caregiver, onsite bonus multiplyer mathematician and reverse mortgage specialist!
There...I’ve made every possible joke about WELK. Moving on...

That's quite a few toys to pack into one game. I would really like a stern medical alert bracelet, I would hate to find out someone fell while playing and couldn't get up. I guess someone could mod it afterwards.

3 weeks later
#18981 2 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

Stern of the Union confirms 800 Godzilla LEs! That’s how this thread works, right?
[quoted image]

I take that as a $800 price increase

#19099 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

For sure. It was way too hard for kids playing in public with other people watching and way too expensive. But a pinball version could be a blast, and the artwork was always pretty iconic. Plus, if you have the home version, at least you don’t have to keep feeding it quarters!
[quoted image]

I can't believe I am saying this, but if they make a 1up with DL 1&2 along with Space Ace, I would buy it.

#19101 2 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Get your credit card. Just pick out if you want the package in a Dragon's Lair or Space Ace Cabinet.
https://arcade1up.com/products/dragons-lair-arcade-cabinet
https://arcade1up.com/products/space-ace-arcade-cabinet[quoted image][quoted image]

I'm in.

Sorry for hijacking the thread for a non stern pinball topic. Please feel free to resume the discussion of BTTF or Godzilla and how disappointing either game will be for lack of assets, code, video, and/or sound.

#19123 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I would love to see someone do a Schwarzenegger line .
Conan the Barbarian

If we get a Conan the Barbarian pin, I want it from the comics. Hand drawn art work and not clip art from the movies.

#19259 2 years ago
Quoted from BWT67:

I'm going out on a limb, Stern's going to release John Carpenters "The Thing". I am basing this on nothing and will most likely be made fun of. Happy Friday!

At least you acknowledge the reason for your theme. You have as much proof as anyone guessing Rush, BTTF, or Welk.

#19360 2 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

I wish it was Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers The Pinball... I guess the waiting is the hardest part.

Only time I want to hear Tom Petty on a pinball is during "kidnap the girl" mode on a Silence of the Lambs Pinball.

It puts the lotion on it's skin....

#19495 2 years ago

Enough about Australian bands, if Australia is going to contribute to a pinball theme, there is only one we need....

MV5BMTM4Mjg5ODEzMV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMDc3NDk0NA@@._V1_ (resized).jpgMV5BMTM4Mjg5ODEzMV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMDc3NDk0NA@@._V1_ (resized).jpg
1 week later
#19653 2 years ago
Quoted from Aussiepinwiz:

I hope you're right that they are right!
That will give me more time to save up for some better titles in mid-2022.

Those might be the titles in mid 2022 if parts remain scarce.

#19760 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

So Kaneda is saying that Pro prices are going up $500 for pro's, $750 on the premium, and the LE price increase is being decided to be raised by $1k or $1500. This is insane considering what we already get, or lack of, at existing prices. Really hope this is just a rumor.
Also, Kaneda is saying that Godzilla is next and that it will be followed by a John Borg designed Back to the Future.

If all this is true then we won't need to worry about games being back ordered.

2 weeks later
#20134 2 years ago

It looks like cointaker is preparing for a price hike. As of today no announcement has been made by Stern.

The other possibility is the lack of product availability made them decide to raise the price. If you have dozens of people asking for a game knowing they will be lucky to get 6, thin the crowd out and see who will pay a premium.

I doubt it's option 2. If they take a deposit on a pro at $5995 and Stern raises cost by $500 they are committed to selling at a very minimal gain or possible loss. 1st rule of business...cover your ass.

#20177 2 years ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

I bet there's a big rush on sales in the next week. Dealers inventory is going to go quick!

What inventory? The reason prices are high is because there is no inventory. I'm sure some Zeppelins can be found. Avenger Premiums starting shipping last week. I asked my distributor if I needed a new game what does he have...answer was "nothing."

#20255 2 years ago
Quoted from Raegor:

I can understand them raising prices for future games.
What I don't understand is when I have a signed invoice with a distributor and a deposit

I've already told my distributor if the increase does happen and the price is not honored consider my order cancelled and I want my deposit back on the AIQ Prem that was supposed to have been here more than a month ago. Especially with having just missed the run last week as others in the area are getting their AIQ Premiums this week. My distributor was not able to confirm a price increase directly from Stern so to them it is still a rumor until official word comes down.

Talked to my distributor yesterday. He has 2 extra nib AIQ premiums that showed up last week. If you need a name....

1 week later
#20776 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The interesting thing is if the pin had been unveiled today, that would jibe with BTTF timelines. Emmet Brown was supposed to die on Sept 7, 1885, according to the tombstone.
Dun, Dun, DUNNNNN!

Back-to-the-Future-Part-III-Doc-Brown-Tombstone (resized).jpgBack-to-the-Future-Part-III-Doc-Brown-Tombstone (resized).jpg
#20866 2 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

I don't know who needs to hear this, but I have been buying and trading and flipping machines since 2004/05, and the conversations have literally never changed. The prices of NIB Sterns and secondary market prices have been lamented and debated and cursed and lambasted for 20 years. Anyone around in the hobby back then will remember the constant insistence that JUDGE DREDD IS NOT A $1000 MACHINE!!. TAF hit $3500 and everyone was going to quit the hobby. LOTR LE NIB price was the apocalypse. TAF hit $5000 and the sky was falling. AC/DC LE NIB and secondary prices was the bubble that would end it all. TZ IS NOT A $6,000 GAME!!!! JJP took preorders for WOZ and the price was enough to send everyone out of the hobby forever. Avengers proved that the NIB LE buyers were submarined forever and would end the "buy before you play" practice. MM hit $10K then $12K and nobody would ever be able to afford this hobby anymore. Stern raised prices to be competitive with JJP and it would send Gary to the soup line...
It's the same conversation year after year after year. But I'll tell you that this hobby and this place are more chock full of buyers and players and people in the hobby than anytime in the 20 year history I have in it. the only difference is that the barn finds are found and the great deals on slightly broken machines are bought and repaired.

I always compare pinball to classic cars. They keep going up and people keep buying them. It doesn't need to be an old car anymore. Just like LE or a CE, if a car manufacturer announces a limited run of a desired car, you have tons of buyers plopping down deposits instantly. It's been 40 years of waiting for that bubble to burst.

#21422 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Negan is a pinball fan

I thought the same thing.

#21602 2 years ago

Once I saw Taco Bell was hiring at $14 an hour and up, I knew everything was going to go up drastically.
I just paid $2.49 for small generic plush. These used to cost $1.25 to $2 depending on the mix. Had to tweak the cranes to compensate. If a location wants a new pinball, it's going to be 70% with a minimum. I might also need to raise pinball cost per game. I was $.75 a game 3 for $2. Might be a straight buck a game on pros.

#21752 2 years ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

I am sure Godzilla will be a great game, but I wish Stern would focus on the basics. I think it would be great if Stern would make one of their games per year a retro pinball or remake that might not cost as much due to less fanciness. Sometimes less is more?

It was called The Beatles and they charged more for less.

#21775 2 years ago

This is why we need Rush.

#21782 2 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Rush is a poor choice.
Gimme a GWAR machine.

Let me rephrase that....this is why we need a Futurama pin.

#21801 2 years ago

One thems I would really like, and is still relevant, is a new South Park. I stopped watching it for several years but have recently started watching it again. The creators just signed a huge contract for several more seasons including a couple movies.

#21854 2 years ago
Quoted from kevindrives:

We need a Pumpkin Spice Latte theme pinball.
It would expand the player base and interest in pinball to the female demographic in ways not seen since Wizard of Oz.
Maybe a major coffee brand would partner with this idea, and put the machines in all their coffee shops!

The Starbucks pumpkin spice pinball.

Half the people would bitch that the LE would have green powder coat when it should have orange. Also the topper would be a giant Starbucks cup that costs $749, still cheaper then an actual Starbucks coffee.

#21887 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

This is what happens when Stern underestimates the number of LE’s they should release. Maybe Stern will figure out 1k of a hot title barely meets demand. They should have been around 1.5k Godzilla LE’s and between 1.5k-2k LE’s of Bond and BTTF. How will Stern respond?
[quoted image]

Just because they are listed doesn't mean they are selling. I'm sure a couple will sell but just like mando the price will slowly drop. Lots of people still sitting on mando that didn't get their 14k asking price.

Screenshot_20210921-215120_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210921-215120_Chrome (resized).jpg
#21893 2 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

Damn pinside marketplace!!! I can't keep up with all these upcoming "LE" Releases gonna break the bank!! ...
"Honey.... I gotta sell my sperm & blood again!"
[quoted image]

Pretty good. Only one I would want is the Jaws LE

4 weeks later
#22313 2 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

You had the name right
[quoted image]

Even better....

1tbti9 (resized).jpg1tbti9 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#22575 2 years ago
Quoted from Prince66cali:

Stop messing around and make Back to the Future or Goonies. Or Mallrats, "I think the audience would agree with me on that one."

No we wouldn't.

#22716 2 years ago
Quoted from starfighter:

Yep. It was a joke.
However, when Stern reads this thread (Hi Gary) and they do build a Monkee's machine, I promise to bear the full wrath without complaint.

I hope the LE would have an art package to make the game look like the bed they push around the streets....I feel so old making that reference.

1 month later
#24370 2 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

I want the bond pin that comes with a tanker of cocaine...

A bond LE is going to cost a tanker of cocaine if you don't have a distributor that you are in good with.

5 months later
#27668 1 year ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

maybe JJP did TS4 because Stern is sitting on the license for 1-3....

An Elwin designed orginal toy story....

1 month later
#29501 1 year ago
Quoted from PinStalker:

If it's the new He-Man.... I'm out.
The classic or nothing.

If it was JJP they would run the new version, then after 3 years run another LE 80s edition and jack the price 5k.

We still need to wait 2 years for the gnr 80s edition with skinny Axel.

#29518 1 year ago

I spelled it Axel because subliminaly I want a Beverly Hills Cop pinball.

#29546 1 year ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

I’m out until a game with the letters a , j , w, and s comes out.

I agree. After several versions of Starwars pinballs, the lack of Jawas is rather disturbing. Why must they be excluded all the time. Even C3PO distespected them in a new hope.

Jawas (resized).pngJawas (resized).png
#29611 1 year ago
Quoted from Rizmo:

Did Stern say what games they are archiving next? I just wish they would hurry up and announce what is coming next. This was I know wither or not I need to convince my wife.

I was just told that Turtles is getting bump up to Sept. and it's going to be last call.

#29688 1 year ago

I see a banner "DO SIMPLE BETTER" that was probably from the going away party for Richie after that Zeppelin pin.

#29702 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

Zep is awesome. Any day over a GNR!

I 100% agree with this.

Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

Blah blah LZ is an awesome pin dude.

It's not a bad game. I had a premium for a bit. I put in the category of wanting more from a big name title, right next to Starwars.

#30222 1 year ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

We’ll now I’m seeing the artwork colors in parts on the shelf .I’m like a cat with a ball of yarn now ! Time to go puff legal weed and chill out
[quoted image][quoted image]

Thats just a box of old batman forever parts.

#30376 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I'm really looking forward to it .
[quoted image]

#30382 1 year ago
Quoted from JimB:

Now we’re getting somewhere, mugshot multi ball, free Pee Wee[quoted image]

Rather have the other pee wee on a pinball

MV5BZjAyNGFjMWEtMGY1Zi00ZTVlLWJlMTAtYjBkODRkMDYzMTE5XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNzU1NzE3NTg@._V1_QL75_UX500_CR0,47,500,281_ (resized).jpgMV5BZjAyNGFjMWEtMGY1Zi00ZTVlLWJlMTAtYjBkODRkMDYzMTE5XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNzU1NzE3NTg@._V1_QL75_UX500_CR0,47,500,281_ (resized).jpg
#30464 1 year ago

Someone just posted the question on Sterns Facebook page. Do you think they will go the route of Tommy and make a game based on the broadway musical.

Back_to_the_Future_Musical (resized).jpegBack_to_the_Future_Musical (resized).jpeg
#30467 1 year ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

I think that might be poorly received. I know I would be disappointed.

Quoted from Grantman:

That would be an absolute nightmare. Who would want that?

I agree but it might be the only way to get the license to get it done. BTTF is a no win for the consumer. It will never live up to what people want. Its either going to be a fantastic shooter with no real assets (Jurrasic Park) or a limited use lunchbox license (Led Zeppelin). I don't see any chance that we see a game with character likeness and movie clips and sounds and we get GOTG.

#30513 1 year ago
Quoted from Three60in:

Im surprised we are this close and no one really has any stong evidence. I got the stern army email last week saying the next game is around the corner.

No one gets early info any more. Even when the picture of the whitewood avengers leaked a couple weeks ahead of the announcement, nobody saw avengers coming. If this ends up being an out of no where title, my vote goes to Top Gun. Only because of timing with the movie.

#30674 1 year ago
Quoted from Xdetroit:Lol that was stranger things

Stranger things was Attack from Mars. It is even acknowledged that it was a rip off by the extra ball video copying AFM.

1 month later
#33212 1 year ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Wait. Is that a mock up or the real deal?

Quoted from BasementFacts:

Hard to tell from the pic, but if the "classic score reel" is just an animation on an lcd.... uh..... and I get what they were going for with the cabinet art, but that is literally zero effort.

I think this is the real deal. It came up on google posted 13 hours ago but when you click on it you go to 007store.com to buy the pro or premium. Thats the site stern was promoting. I think it got mixed in accidentally, taken down, but still showing on google.

#33271 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

My wife's been telling me that for years and I should know better, as a business owner. This year alone, my fuel has tripled in cost, baling twine up 100%, fertilizer up 100%, parts in general up at least 50%, and labor has risen 25%. So of course I have to have more money for my product or I won't survive financially. So,, I retired

I am trying to do the math here. Apparently inflation is only around 10% Honestly every time some talking head on TV talks about inflation I think to myself I would be thrilled if everything had only gone up 10% 18 months ago a Stern LE was around 9200 now its 13k. Slightly more then 10%

#33297 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

How has Stern (an Illinois co.) not made a Blues Brothers pin and celebrated that Chicago heritage? The music, the callouts, the pin buying demographic, the video clips, the artwork, the topper possibilities are so ripe!

I personally would love a Blues Brothers pin. I have said in the past that there are too many dead actors/musician's families and estates wanting a piece. I joked in the past each pin would cost 18k to get all those assets. With current prices I am changing that to 37k. Only other option is cartoonish characters with voice actors with maybe 2 or 3 songs...no thanks.

1 week later
#33432 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

I got one word for Stern to contemplate… HRP[quoted image][quoted image]

For anyone too young to remember this gem. Before my time but I do remember the reruns.

6 months later
#37043 12 months ago

Just bought this at Hobby Lobby. Now I need a pinball to go with it.

20230425_121858 (resized).jpg20230425_121858 (resized).jpg
2 months later
#37754 9 months ago
Quoted from manadams:

I'd enjoy all of those, as long as it's not Taylor Swift or some drum track autotune bullshit I'm good.

Tylor Swift would be awesome. I couldn't name a song, but I know people were shelling out 15k per ticket for front row here in Detroit last month. I'm thinking an LE would fetch 60k.

#38060 9 months ago
Quoted from mbl1116:

Please stop getting me excited for a Futurama pin that will never happen. The end of the episode with Frys dog gets me every time.

Quoted from Zen_Monkey:

saddest episode ever…..

Quoted from screaminr:

I thought I was the only one .
I have to pretend there's something in my eye when I see that episode .
Dogs are my Kryptonite
[quoted image]

I hate all off you right now...

2 months later
#40683 7 months ago
Quoted from TylerTheTired:

So, you know how Transformers was a cool toy in the 80s that became huge when it started spanning Japan and USA, with a TV show made to help sell the toys and every kind of merchandise under the sun? And then it happened again in the 2000's with those Michael Bay movies that helped sell more merchandise?
Pokemon is like that, but it was a video game first, and it's sold about $80 billion dollars worth of stuff to Transformer's $25 billion.
I was the target audience when Pokemon started in the 90s, and it still blows my mind that it's so popular today. But the numbers people say Pokemon is the world's highest-grossing media franchise when you combine all the different things like movies, video games, card games, cartoon series, toys, etc. Even bigger than Marvel, Star Wars, or Harry Potter.
And there have been video game versions of Pokemon-themed pinball before, which is why an actual pinball table with a Pokemon theme wouldn't be too far-fetched to most people.

You were making good points till you called it a pinball table.

5 months later
#45322 59 days ago

This ad popped up on my phone. Might not be the best theme, but I think a Royal Caribbean pinball would look fun.

Screenshot_20240220_193542_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20240220_193542_Chrome (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.95
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Toronto, ON
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 375.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinMod Industries

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 36.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 1,059.00
$ 290.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Beyond Shop

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 53.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

Machine - For Sale
Scranton, PA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider freeplay3.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine?tu=freeplay3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.